We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Danielle
Devoted October 2021

About us on wedding website!

Danielle, on August 1, 2019 at 9:53 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 16
Saved Save
So in October I wanna try to have my wedding website done (basics) and I have pretty much a idea of how I’m going to fill out certain sections/ have already started filling some how with the help some ideas I’ve seen. Things like events, and welcome messages and what not aren’t too hard to really find inspiration for since your kinda just changing certain dates and names and wording but the about us has been the worst task besides trying to customize my background when I have no experience in designing. I don’t really want to write a paragraph or like like our backgrounds. I was thinking of doing like “Fun Facts” instead of like about us but I’m open to any ideas! We may be having a engagement party this October so I wanna have the basic stuff filled out just Incase people want to see our site or registry before we send save the dates out!

16 Comments

• Jessica
    VIP September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

In my "about us" page draft so far I have a couple of sentences about how we met and then a short paragraph of the proposal story.

For our engagement party invites I did a timeline kind of thing inspired by an invite I found on Pinterest. I thought they turned out cute. You could totally do a short timeline kind of thing for the about us - I don't think it needs to be super detailed even if you go the paragraph route. Don't overthink it! I was so caught up in coming up with something clever and my MOH reminded me at least half our guests probably won't read it anyways, lol!

engagement party inviteAbout us on wedding website! 1

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Fun facts is good ! That's what I did. I just did a few lines of simple fun facts like I love to read and do Zumba. Just quick and simple so people know about you and your future hubby and I asked our wedding party to do the same.
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag

Hey Danielle!

I think it’s a great idea to write some fun facts about your relationship. If they are quick and easy to read, I think your guests would be more likely to read the entire thing as opposed to a paragraph.

You could do fun facts like where you had your first date and who said ‘I love you’ first!

• Shelly
    Devoted January 2021
    Shelly ·
    • Flag
    To be honest I completely left that part out 🤣 If you really want you don't need an about us section. I feel silly writing about us when everyone who is invited knows us? I know lots of people do it but I left it out and also left out a page about the bridal party. I love the people standing by me but I don't think my cousin who has never met them gives a hoot lol I will find another way to honor them. Plus I've only had about 5 people even look at my website so far and I put the link on the save the dates. Maybe more will closer to the wedding but idk.
  • Haley
    Expert October 2020
    Haley ·
    • Flag

I wrote a little paragraph on when/where/how we got engaged!

• Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

This is so cute! As a guest, I would love to read this

• Danielle
    Devoted October 2021
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I didn’t do the bridal page either lol. I feel like maybe some people wouldn’t want that and I don’t wanna go around asking permission plus like you said, no one really reads much of those parts. I think I’m going to do just some fun facts like where we met and simple stuff like that. Everyone knows about us. We met going back to college each focused on ourselves and our hears just somehow drew us together. So we get a lot of “big ups” for being an example of sometimes when you’re not trying to find love , it will find you! And I’m sure more people will check your website out. Have you shared it on like Facebook Or anything!?

• Danielle
    Devoted October 2021
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s where I got the idea lol! I’m not good at writing things about myself! Then I saw some of those kinda throngs with the fun facts and was like hmm maybe that’s easier and better because I over think everything. Like our welcome section is like bits and pieces people have shared to use for others and you plug in the words and that went well but there really isn’t always structure to a story like that so fun facts is a way that I feel is more structured, so it’s easier and if anyone does read then it will be cute and simple!
  • Danielle
    Devoted October 2021
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I think that’s what I’m going with. Things like where we met, when we started dating, just things like that that form a sentence and have a few lines of fun facts. I see a lot of comments on how a lot of people don’t really go crazy reading so much stuff on the website that’s really long anyways!!
  • Danielle
    Devoted October 2021
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This is where I got the idea for fun facts. I saw a few different ones like yours and was like maybe that’s easier for me then writing a paragraph or two. It helps gives a structured guideline then kinda just free writing and hoping it sounds good and makes sense and if your me... I ramble a lot lol
  • Danielle
    Devoted October 2021
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m gonna do some fun facts and include a engagement part, like when and where and stuff! Like one fun fact will be something about how he proposed to me in NYC the day after my birthday! It’s a cute fun fact I think, birthdays are kinda cool as an adult but the day after I will always remember as my engagement day so that was awesome! We also started dating on April 4 2014. Engagement April 30th. Our wedding will be the only special date that’s in a different months for us lol!
  • Haley
    Expert October 2020
    Haley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We started dating 10/10/09 and are getting married on our 11 year anniversary! And my birthday is 10/5 hahaha
  • Danielle
    Devoted October 2021
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Awe! We’re getting married October 30th 2020. Which is my favorite time of year ( Halloween eve and Halloween) and also my moms birthday! Which she loves lol 😂 some people saw it as rude but she sees it as something she will always have good memories of on her birthday!
  • Haley
    Expert October 2020
    Haley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I think that’s awesome!
  • Danielle
    Devoted October 2021
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It happened to be luck! I wanted a Friday night wedding and next year Friday is Halloween eve because leap year lol. So it was just good timing!
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yeah, it's a great idea to keep it short and sweet so that your guests read everything that you have added!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles