Brittany
Expert May 2019

60 Days Out!

Brittany, on March 20, 2019 at 2:33 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 4
Saved Save

Holy cow, that feels so crazy!

I got to bring my dress home Monday. I had my makeup trial two weeks ago as well as my shower (sorry, I may double post and share those later!). FH is going on his bachelor trip this weekend and my bachelorette party is in a few weeks. I scheduled my makeup trial as well as a few last minute beauty items (highlights, eyebrow waxing, and eyelash lift!) I FINALLY talked to my dad about sharing his "father of the bride" duties with my stepdad and it went SO well, you guys! We've started receiving RSVPs. It's all very exciting.

...But I'm also incredibly over the whole ordeal. FMIL and future brother-in-law (is FBIL a thing?) are starting drama about the guest list AGAIN. One of my bridesmaids just went shopping for her dress today and is stressing me out way too much about it. Everyone is asking me about suit colors and too many aunts want to "match" the bridal party. I'm just ready to have a husband. We recently decided that we're ready to try to conceive a second baby, we just bought a house. Don't get me wrong, I am so excited for our wedding and our wedding day but there are so many other exciting things happening that I want to focus on now. I've loved our 18 month engagement but at this point I'm like "dang. We could have been married 6 months ago." Anyone else relate?

4 Comments

• Maura
    Dedicated May 2019
    Maura ·

Same! I think we are date twins. My shower and bachelorette isn't until next month though. There's practically nothing left on my to do list, and we've had the RSVPs start rolling in. We've been together for 8 years, and our engagement has been a year and nine months long. The wait has felt like forever. There have been a lot of people with opinions on our wedding, but we just shrug them off. Since we are paying for everything on our own, all the decisions are ours as well. We also have a lot of people coincidentally matching, but there's nothing we can really do about that. I like the whole wedding planning process, but I'm so ready for the day to just be here now.

• M
    Dedicated May 2019
    Maybride2019 ·
    65 days!! Ready is an understatement. Totally over this planning for 18 months. I want the fruits of our labor!!!
  • Brittany
    Expert May 2019
    Brittany ·
    View Quoted Comment

We are date twins! I haven't had many because of the whole Sunday thing haha. We're paying the large majority on our own too, FMIL and FBIL just live for drama so it gets exhausting. I love wedding planning, I just feel like I've been planning this one for sooooo long

• Brittany
    Expert May 2019
    Brittany ·
    View Quoted Comment

Yes, exactly!

Comment on this discussion