Nancy Rikkie
Just Said Yes April 2014

5K Wedding in the Chicago land area

Nancy Rikkie, on November 26, 2013 at 12:23 AM Posted in Planning 0 7
Saved Save

I'm trying to plan a wedding in the Chicagoland area for under $5K. I'm open to venues in the city or suburbs. Venue that allows outside catering would be ideal. Outdoor ceremony space would be a plus since we're looking at dates in August 2014. Guest list is under 75 people. Love to hear any budget saving tips as well.

Thanks in advance.

7 Comments

• FutureMrsRingham
    Devoted September 2014
    FutureMrsRingham ·
    • Flag

Not sure how far into the suburbs you want to go, but theres a place called D'Andreas in crystal lake that is pretty decently priced. My friend had her reception there and it was gorgeous. Good luck!

• Ready-2-B Her Mrs.
    Devoted August 2014
    Ready-2-B Her Mrs. ·
    • Flag

You can take a look at Greenbelt Cultural Center in Waukegan. They have great outdoor space, reasonably priced, and outside catering allowed. Good luck!

• LB
    Master May 2014
    LB ·
    • Flag

Try a VFW hall or park district. The Cheney mansion in Oak Park is very inexpensive also -- and gorgeous -- but only if you live in Oak Park or know someone who does and would rent it for you. Non-residents prices would kill your budget. Good luck and let us know what you do!

• MissMadeline
    Master June 2014
    MissMadeline ·
    • Flag

Check out Garfield Park or Lincoln Park Conservatory. Other ways to cut down on cost would be to host a brunch or a dessert reception as opposed to a full dinner.

• P
    Dedicated August 2014
    Private User ·
    • Flag

My wedding is also Aug 2014 and for 50 something a person you can do Carriage Greens in Darien or Crystal Grand Banquets in Lemont (my venue). Your biggest problem will be meeting the minimum but Crystal Grand has a 70 person minimum for their smallest room so that would work. Which area are you ideally targeting? You should consider doing Sunday of Labor Day weekend (that's what I'm doing) since many vendors will still let you use the Sunday price or give you a break on the minimums.

• Private User
    Dedicated July 2014
    Private User ·
    • Flag

Try Michelle's ballroom

• TaroLovesMe
    VIP November 2013
    TaroLovesMe ·
    • Flag

Also try 176West in Joliet Il. 40 minutes south of Chicago.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics