Brittany
Savvy September 2020

3 Wedding Colors?

Brittany, on September 21, 2019 at 7:14 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 18
Saved
My fiance's favorite color is Red, I've got about 100 Pinterest items for my dream wedding items in Blue... Seeing as my fiance and I already agreed he's wearing a Spiderman shirt under his suit Red & Blue actually seems kinda percect! However, I just think Gold would tie them both together more perfectly soooo would 3 wedding colors be ridiculous? Maybe his groomsmen red with gold accents and my girls in blue with gold accents? Or am i just creating a headache of colors?!

3 Wedding Colors? 1

18 Comments

Latest activity by Catherine, on September 27, 2019 at 4:35 PM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I think those three would go well because you can use gold as an accent
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    Metallics & neutrals can totally be accents. Gold would be great. What color blue and red? So many variations!
  • Brittany
    Savvy September 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    He had his hat off in the photo but my fiancee and I were literally dressed like Pirates today, I think that is another awesome idea!! And yes that is certainly the next question, I think it'll be bright rose red and a deeper blue, like OG Spiderman

3 Wedding Colors? 2
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yay for pirates!! You guys look great!

ooh, those shades will look fabulous. Any Spider-Man decor?
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

That sounds fine to me! They shouldn't be a headache

• Brittany
    Savvy September 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Haha not that have come up yet, I think it may end up being fantasy in general.

• Brittany
    Savvy September 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    😍 Thank you
  • C
    Super January 2020
    Cassie ·
    • Flag
    That’s exactly what I’m doing. Basically gold accents everywhere. The ribbon on my bouquet will be gold, I’ll have gold table #s, and gold geometric decor.
  • Fab
    May 2017
    Fab ·
    • Flag
    Three is fine and gold as an accent is beautiful. It also helps To have a third color, just in case you can’t find what you need in the dominant two
  • Brittany
    Savvy September 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ohh yes yes this is inspiring, thank you!
  • Lauren
    VIP February 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag
    Red, blue, and gold would look great together! 3 colors definitely aren’t too many. I, actually, have 5 colors (pink, navy, rose gold, gold, and silver)!
  • Alicia
    Devoted October 2021
    Alicia ·
    • Flag
    I think those colors will work beautifully together
  • Erin
    VIP September 2023
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    My colors were going to be Burgundy, Olive, and Sunflower before I decided to go with a Harry Potter theme, so I actually have 4-8 colors now xD. I see no problem with 3 as long as they look good together.
  • Samantha
    VIP October 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    We’re having three colors, I don’t think it’s too much at all.
  • Brittany
    Super May 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

3 wedding colors are certainly not ridiculous! I've seen quite a few weddings that were rainbow theme and of course had at LEAST 7 colors in them haha. Red, Blue and Gold would be great I think! My colors are pale pink, ivory, rose gold and sage. Smiley laugh

• Arielle
    Expert August 2020
    Arielle ·
    • Flag

I don't think they'd be headaches since Red and Blue are both primary colors and the gold would be used as the accent. Those colors would go really well together. I would just try to narrow down to a certain shade of each to make it a little easier for you.

• Carrie
    Dedicated October 2022
    Carrie ·
    • Flag

I am doing like 4 different colors (think Sally's dress colors from Nightmare Before Christmas). We are VERY big fans of the movie and to Quote the movie "We are Simply Meant to Be." We both decided on these colors together. I think that if you both agree why not? I like that there will be more then one color cause then it will look TOTALLY unique to us. So I say GO FOR IT!!

• Catherine
    VIP November 2019
    Catherine ·
    • Flag

I think they would be totally fine! 3 isn't too much. i think its good to have an accent color. We are doing burgundy navy and blush.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics