Trisha
Super October 2020

26 Days To Go!

Trisha, on September 21, 2020 at 8:28 AM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 4
Saved

Finally The Day Is Getting So Close! I Am Feeling The Pressure And Trying Not To Stress Myself Out Too Much. Luckily We Didnt Have To Cancel, Postpone Or Change Our Amount Of Guests. (Im Sorry To Those Brides Who Have Struggled Because Of Covid)

We Invited 60 Guests, We Have 58 RSVPs. We Did Have Issues With Guests Not RSVPing So We Had To Reach Out To Maybe Half Of Them. We Did Have People Who Weren't On Our Original Guest List Ask To Come-So As People Declined RSVPs We Replaced Them With Those People Who Asked To Attend.

Our Original Reception Room Which Holds 70 Guests Reception Style (Costs 3k) Will No Longer Be In Use. The Venue Offered To Let Us Use A Section Of Their Ballroom (Costs 8k) So That We Can Accommodate Social Distancing, And We Don't Have To Pay That Original 8k For It And Im So Happy And Thankful. If We Could Have Afforded That Ballroom Space Originally I Definitely Would Have Chosen it, But Now We Can Have It Without Paying Extra. Im SOOOO THANKFUL.

Now That We Have A Bigger Space, Thats Mean An Extra 2 Tables Added-Which Means More Centerpieces And Table Numbers For Me To Make Last Minute. (Again Trying Not To Stress!)

Im Picking Up My Dress Oct. 5th And Im Super Nervous! I Still Have To Break In My Shoes LOL

Im Getting The Big Things Out Of The Way And Then Focusing On The Smaller Things. Any Advice On How To Not Stress, Or Things To NOT Forget? Thanks In Advance!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Lynnie, on September 21, 2020 at 5:59 PM
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! That's so exciting that the day is almost here. It sounds like a lot of things are falling into place - and very cool that your venue is letting you use the larger room with no extra fee! I like your idea of adding people who asked to come to your wedding, in place of those who declined to attend.

In order to not stress, don't forget to take some time for yourself! Do a date night with your fiance, or do a girls day and go to a spa, or out to dinner, etc. Also, to reduce stress and to make sure you don't forget anything, keep some lists going! Things to do, and things you need to bring with you. Keep updating the lists as you either think of things to add, or as you complete things. Best wishes!
  • Meghan
    Expert September 2021
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    Congratulations!!!! And sooo happy to hear that you’re able to get that room without an extra charge! It’s so nice to hear happy stories esp during this time. I know it’ll turn out absolutely beautiful and be unforgettable.

Make sure to take some time for yourself ✨🍾 ❤️
  • Talia
    Super October 2020
    Talia ·
    • Flag

We're just waiting on our final invoice from the venue and paying our photographer and florist. That's great you don't have to pay that extra money for the ballroom! Good luck with the days coming up! It'll be here before you know it!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie Online ·
    • Flag

Woohoo!! It sounds like you've got a good handle on everything!

Make sure to stay on top of your checklist and do a mental walkthrough of your wedding day to make sure you're not forgetting anything!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics