Paige
Just Said Yes June 2021

2021 wedding dress

Paige, on June 29, 2019 at 9:31 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 1 7
Saved
I’m getting married in June if 2021, when should I start looking at wedding dresses? Granted I’ve already been looking at Pinterest and such for a style I like but I’m not sure when I should go in stores and start trying them on and find the one 😊

7 Comments

Latest activity by Meaghan, on August 15, 2019 at 1:48 PM
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

It's typically recommended to go around 1 year out. Anything sooner and you may have dress regret when all the new styles are released, any later and you may have limited options since most designer gowns take anywhere between 4-8 months to arrive.

• Mrs. S
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. S ·
    • Flag
    I went 19 months out and I’m very happy. I love my dress and I’ve had it over a year. When you find your dress stop looking at other dresses, which can cause dress regret at any time even close to your wedding.
  • Melissa
    Devoted May 2021
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    I’m getting married in May of 2021 and we are gonna start looking the end of this year next year.
  • Becca
    Expert July 2019
    Becca ·
    • Flag

I wouldn't go until you are a year out from your wedding. Styles change and if you go too far in advance, you have a higher risk of 2nd guessing your pick. I went 9 months out and it is perfect!

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag

Hey Paige! What style of dresses are you loving at the minute?

• Katelyn
    Dedicated June 2021
    Katelyn ·
    • Flag

So I am June 2021 as well and I got my dress two months ago, but this was due to very special circumstances. I originally planned to go around a year and a half out. You can really go whenever you want, just make sure that if you choose a dress, you stop looking at other dresses, this is what gives people dress regret.

• Meaghan
    Savvy October 2021
    Meaghan ·
    • Flag
    I just bought my dress (10 months) out and am so happy I didn’t go sooner. I ended up choosing a just released dress. If I had gone too soon, I would have regretted it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics