Christina
Savvy May 2021

2021 Bride

Christina, on May 13, 2020 at 2:58 PM Posted in Community Conversations 2 5
Saved
Hi everyone, my wedding was supposed to be 6/5/2020 we postponed to 8/28/2020 then this weekend have pushed it out to 5/30/21. I’m still super nervous that things won’t be better by 2021 since there’s no guarantee there will be a vaccine. How are other brides holding up? Am I just panicking? Haha just want to have the wedding I’ve always dreamed of!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Amy, on May 14, 2020 at 2:58 PM
  • J
    Dedicated August 2021
    Jillian ·
    • Flag

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I have been panicking about my postponed date too. It's just so hard to deal with the unknown.

I think, though, that even if we don't have a vaccine, we will know a lot more about the virus and possible treatments a year from now. I also think that if this is still going on a year from now, our perspectives will be different. In what way, I cannot say. You're not alone! It's a hard time to be a bride.

• Kayse
    Expert December 2020
    Kayse ·
    • Flag

The unknown factor is the reason I took so long to decide to postpone. Yes, I'm nervous about the possibility that we will have to postpone again, but it is what it is. I hope things work out for us all!

• Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    Ugh, I know exactly how you feel! We decided to postpone ours until 2021 also, due to all the uncertainty. Although we cannot say for sure that we will have a vaccine by then, we should at least be able to say we are further along in terms of knowledge and treatment options. And, if we have not put this crap behind us by then, we should have at least learned how to better navigate the situation by then. 🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • Brianna
    Beginner June 2021
    Brianna ·
    • Flag
    I feel the same way! We were June 14,2020 and postponed to June 13,2021. I hope for all of us that things will be better! It’s so unfair and nerve wracking. Thinking of everyone in this situation 💛
  • Amy
    WeddingWire Administrator August 2013
    Amy ·
    • Flag

Hi Christina,

I'm sorry that you've had to postpone twice, but I hope that waiting until next year will enable you to have the wedding of your dreams. Smiley love

Also, you're definitely not alone in your concern. Here are two other discussions that may be interesting to you:

Any nervous 2021 brides?

2021 Brides...are you planning?

Also, we have some resources for planning and/or postponing here: Our COVID-19 Weddings Advice Guide.

Wishing you the best of luck! Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics