Kristen
VIP June 2020

2 year planning timeline??

Kristen, on May 9, 2018 at 3:21 PM Posted in Planning 0 16
Saved

Is anyone else doing a two-year engagement? My wedding date isn't official yet but we are aiming for the two-year mark. However, I am having trouble finding any timelines for two-year engagements as most seem to be nine months to a year that I have found.

16 Comments

Latest activity by Destiny, on June 24, 2019 at 8:43 PM
  • Future Louie
    Super August 2019
    Future Louie ·
    • Flag

We're about 2 weeks shy of a 2 year engagement but I've basically been using the WW checklist anyway. I went ahead and booked the big vendors (venue, caterer, photographer, videographer, officiant, DJ) as soon as possible, and I'm waiting until about the year mark before I start with the rest of the checklist. A lot of great vendors will get booked up quick so I'd recommend getting a move on with those, but don't stress yourself out with the details until later, unless you need the time to DIY, but either way enjoy your engagement! Use this time to save ideas, enjoy the time with your fiance before the craziness starts.

• F
    Expert May 2019
    FutureMrs.S ·
    • Flag
    I have more than a 2 year engagement. We got engaged Dec 2016 and are getting married May 2019. I wanted to be done with school before we got married and spring/early summer time is when our families are least busy so May it was. It's given me time to price out things for our DW to know when is cheaper to buy things like flights and to spread out the costs a bit more. We are doing some DIY so the extra time is nice. I have been finalizing ideas and turning them into reality and I still have a little over a year to go. My time line is moved up from the "traditional" one since everything is in a foreign country and numbers are needed earlier and flights are cheapest in a few months from now.
  • Morgan
    Devoted June 2018
    Morgan ·
    • Flag

We did a year and a half and I pretty much did nothing for the first 6 months. I picked a venue a year out, asked bridesmaids just over a year out, then sent the save the dates about 10 months our (destination wedding)

• JMF
    Devoted August 2018
    JMF ·
    • Flag
    We were engaged in October 2016. We are getting married in August 2018. 2 months shy of 2 years.
  • Kristen
    VIP June 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! I have booked tours with two venues in June, and have selected my maid of honor, but so far that's it! I think I will want to and need to wait to do more planning, since i'm still in school and finishing at the end of this year, but it sounds like i will still have tons of planning time.

• Charity
    Devoted December 2021
    Charity ·
    • Flag

Yes right here 12/12/20, i use wedding wire's timeline

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

Our engagement will be 19 months! Engaged December 2017, married July 2019. I found it to be super helpful, nothing was booked (besides 1 venue and 1 photographer). By a year out, all our vendors will be booked, venue booked, deposits paid, lots of decor purchased, colors & theme picked, and bridesmaids will have a year to save for the wedding and buying their dress! Then we will have 12 months for invites, save the dates, buying my dress and renting his suit, and nothing feels rushed!

• Vanessasaurus
    VIP June 2019
    Vanessasaurus ·
    • Flag
    We are having a 2 yr, 3 month wedding!

Within the first 6 months engaged we venue shopped, booked our venue, and had our engagement party.

(6-9 months engaged ) We booked person specific vendors to make sure we got who we wanted for the day (photographer and officiant).

(1 year engaged) We started setting up our appointments with our other vendors, I also just bought my dress (which I totally didn't plan to do until a year out from our wedding date). We also made an apt with our photographer for an engagement shoot.

(1 year to wedding date) We are soon approaching 1 year away from the wedding. We are having our e-pics done on our 1 year to the wedding mark. We will be spacing out the rest of the vendors we need to meet with and mostly working on that. We will also be sending out STDs soon after we receive our e-pics.

Then for the most part we are following the 1 year to-do lists on here and getting things done a little earlier than it suggests to stay on top of things, and so we can focus more on our house search! The really nice thing about a 2 year engagement os spacing out spending. Besides the main expenses, i randomly pick up a decor item I like, some extra stamps for save the dates, and other little items, instead of letting those little costs hit you at once!
  • Mcellist
    Super March 2019
    Mcellist ·
    • Flag
    I'm doing a year & 9 month engagement. Best decision ever. I've been able to save more money & really find good deals on just about everything: venue, DJ, cake, dress, etc. If I could bring myself to make it longer, I would. Definitely make yourself a checklist & follow that sucker. It helps so much.
  • A
    Just Said Yes September 2018
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
  • A
    Just Said Yes September 2018
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    Https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tOmQJx0WQH4fwViGnyFw5YtQG8WkPBy-QA3jwfHVrV8/edit?usp=drivesdk
    Oops, try this one
  • PrincessLawrence
    VIP June 2018
    PrincessLawrence ·
    • Flag

We had a 3 year and the timeline on here was great

• S
    Savvy April 2020
    stephanie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This is super helpful! Thank you! We are about the same length (2years 4 months). And at 5 months engaged we booked the venue. It was nice because w got the 2018 prices!
    I’m anxious to start with the photographer and dj but I know we have time!

• Vanessasaurus
    VIP June 2019
    Vanessasaurus ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You're very welcome! That's the best part of getting things done early. We actually got 2017 prices for 2019 which was awesome. Generally speaking, wedding prices go up about 1,000 a year at venues!
  • C
    Beginner October 2020
    Cali ·
    • Flag
    We are 2 years and a month away from our date. I've been able to really brainstorm and check things out between online and in stores for basic wants and special decor that we are diy'ing. Around the year mark we will be sending out save the dates. We actually looked at 6venues and have the deposit put down. They gave us a payment plan schedule but not all the venues were willing to book 2years ahead 4/6 of the venues only booked 18mos ahead.
  • Destiny
    Just Said Yes June 2021
    Destiny ·
    • Flag
    Yes we’ll ive been engaged for a year already but now we have a baby on the way so we’re pushing the wedding back to June 2021 I didn’t want to wait that long but I figure it gives me time to lose weight and not have to rush financially to get things done

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics