Willoughby Haven Reviews

6 | Barton, VT

6 Reviews for Willoughby Haven

Gabrielle · Married on 10/05/2019

Excellent People to Work With

Johnathan was extremely accommodating for my husband and I. He made sure that we had everything we needed. Johnathan and his staff make everything run as smoothly as possible. I could not have asked for a better place to have our wedding.
    On top of the excellent staff, the view is outstanding! Recent updates to the cabins make the stay comfortable and relaxing.
    I would highly recommend this place!

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Eva

Eva · Married on 08/03/2019

A Magical Place

I can't speak highly enough about our experience at Willoughby Haven. The beauty of Lake Willoughby really speaks for itself. It an amazingly special place that my husband and I have been going to for years. What I want to take the time to highlight is Jonathan and his amazing staff. From start to finish the far exceeded our expectations. They were so easy communicate with leading up to the wedding day. That being said what really blew me away is how hard Cherisse and the other staff worked to make everything run perfectly. I did not have to concern myself with a thing the day of my wedding! Never having planned a wedding before they were definitely a few things I didn't think of and Cherisse was there every step of the way to make everything smooth and seamless.

My family and friends absolutely LOVED the venue. The private beach and amenities like paddle boards and canoes where a HUGE hit! Its been nearly a month and my friends are still calling to tell me how much fun everything was. You just really can't go wrong with Willoughby Haven for you wedding or special event.

Sent on 06/20/2019

Julia · Married on 07/20/2019

AMAZING service and perfect location

I would highly recommend Willoughby Haven! Jonathan, the owner, has been wonderful through the whole process! He has gone above and beyond what I could have possibly expected! I have really enjoyed working with him this whole time. I had been considering Willoughby Haven previously and had talked to him on the phone while trying to decide on the venue. After initially really liking the look of it from online, I decided it was a bit out of the way for our guest to travel. My husband and I had been in the area about a month later and just decided to check it out, out of curiosity. Jonathan happened to be there with his family, he welcomed us in (even though this was a completely unscheduled visit), kindly introduced us to his family, and showed us around. I think many other vendors would have turned us away in this situation but he was more than accommodating. I feel so good about renting the property from him. We instantly fell in love with the place and decided to do it then.

The wedding weekend itself was amazing and I couldn't have imagined it going any better! There were little hiccups that came up along the way, and even though none of them were Jonathan's responsibility to take care of, he went way far above and beyond, I'm truly blown away. Jonathan is one of the most dedicated and hard working people I have ever met, he made this place into something it could not be just on its own, and that is saying a lot. He was there for anything we needed along the way and especially that weekend. We feel so lucky to have found and chosen this venue. The amount of people at our wedding that were not just amazed and impressed by the venue, but also by Jonathan, his attitude, and positivity was incredible.

I highly recommend this venue, you will not be disappointed with the spectacular views, amazing service, and wonderful charm of a weekend on the lake!

Julia & Jackson

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 07/05/2019

WOW!!! Must see location!!

The only thing better than the picturesque sunsets from the adorable lakeside cabins is the service that Jonathan and his team provided! this was the perfect place for a beautiful lakeside wedding and a lot of outdoor fun. Access to paddle board kayaks and of course being lake front made the weekend perfect! I cannot recommend this property or this team more!

Sent on 07/11/2019

Heidi · Married on 09/15/2018

Willoughby Haven is a magical place! We rented the property for five days and had a small intimate wedding with close family. The views are stunning, the cabins are adorable and Jonathan and his team are amazing. They helped me with anything I needed and made sure everything was how I wanted it! Ami helped decorate the arch and she did an amazing job! She went above and beyond to say the least! I couldn’t have asked for a better place to get married! The property has kayaks available, games, fire pits, grills, and plenty of seating - everything you need is there! I highly recommended Willoughby Haven to anyone looking for a magical getaway for their wedding!

Sent on 09/18/2018
  • Maggie

Maggie Burke · Married on 10/20/2019

Beautiful Spot, Kind Owners

We chose this venue based on it's beautiful location, and were blown away by Jonathan's kindness and willingness to go above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. We had the venue for three days and two nights and it was awesome to be able to do our rehearsal dinner there as well as have our wedding party and family stay there. Jonathan did all of the heavy lifting with organizing the tent, tables, chairs and everything we needed. We would for sure recommend this spot for anyone looking for a great Vermont wedding.

Sent on 12/01/2019