Urban Jewelers, Inc. Reviews

5 | Ann Arbor, MI

5 Reviews for Urban Jewelers, Inc.

5 Urban Jewelers, Inc. Reviews

Denise · Married on 09/13/2014

Some jewelers get those cartoon dollar signs in their eyes as soon as you mention a custom ring. Tom Urban only does custom and at a transparent pricing scheme. So every ring is totally unique, custom, and a great value for the specialized quality. Let me emphasize the quality of the ring design and make - I had it cleaned while on our honeymoon at the small, snooty, French Canadian jeweler. And he was so impressed, he wanted to know all the details of the jeweler so he could ask him personally about the ring! So yeah, so glad we went with Tom instead of a box store for the engagement ring. Ditto for the wedding bands. Love it!

• User3519740 · 2+ years ago

My groom and now husband went to Urban Jeweler's to find my engagement ring. I sent him some pictures of things I liked, and Tom helped him create the most gorgeous engagement ring that really fit me. Simple, elegant and antique looking. All the jewelry is custom made which really makes it special. We then went back to make our wedding rings. We again wanted really simple, and Tom helped us create exactly what we wanted and did engravings for free.

• Colin

Colin · Married on 05/21/2014

Urban Jewelers were really great to work with. I had given my partner a custom ring. Unfortunately, the ring was designed in such a way that it hurt his fingers (i.e., spreading and putting too much weight on it). Mark Urban came to the rescue by redesigning a ring that had attributes of the first ring but making it not only look butter but feel better. He provided a wax mold before crafting it all together. In the end, my partner's new ring is unbelievably beautiful and stunning. We could not have asked for more.

One of two vendors that gets my full 5 star rating. My father gave my husband (then boyfriend) his mother's diamond, to help him save money and have a nice diamond and family heirloom. He was so excited, but nervous and determined to make this ring something special! He had me save pictures to his iPhone of rings I liked (and email him a few I really didn't like), so he could still surprise me, but have a good idea of how to do so while still making it something I'd definitely love.

After checking out a few custom jewelers, who were rude and condescending about what he wanted to accomplish, he went into Urban Jewelers in a fairly frustrated mood. Their comment: "Well, we don't have something like that as a typical design, but let's sit down and talk it out." They pointed out potential issues, but respect for what he wanted, and they gave him options that would still honor his thoughts but would work well.

The result? A ring that constantly gets oohs and ahhhs, that is PERFECT for me, and has given them literally HUNDREDS of potential references when I tell people who created this masterpiece.

They also had a sense of fun and wonder - when I got my finger sized, they then "kicked me out" with laughter, so that they could show my fiance the wax mold without worrying about me seeing it. They definitely made me feel the anticipation in a fun, friendly, and professional way!

• User3321963 · 2+ years ago

Urban Jewelers created my husband's wedding ring from family rings that we already had. Both Cheryl and Thomas were great to work with and helped us design a ring that looks great and is something my husband can wear comfortably everyday with his line of work. We are both very happy with it!