30 Reviews for The Media Closet

High-Def Video (1)
Highlight Video (1)
Multi. Cameras (1)
DVD (1)

Thank you for so much love on our wedding!!! You're the best!

Profile Picture User7946379, 1+ year ago, 0 Reviews
Category: Videography

I'm a professional wedding DJ. I got married myself yesterday, and McKelvie is the person I trusted with doing our wedding videography. I've worked with him on many weddings before and he's always who I recommend to brides because of his professionalism and the high quality of his work. His equipment and technical knowledge are both top notch, and he also has an amazing ability to shoot and edit videos that really create an emotional connection. Being a wedding videographer is NOT an easy job! McKelvie, in my opinion, is THE BEST in the region, and I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Craig, 3/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Videography
Services Used: DVD, High-Def Video, Highlight Video, Multi. Cameras, Cinematic, Storytelling, Ceremony, Reception

Mckelvie was very attentive and professional throughout my entire wedding planning. We absolutely love our wedding videos and are so excited we decided to have a wedding video.

Profile Picture Brooke, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception

We are over the moon with the quality of our video! We also got a highlight video, which I highly recommend. We are so glad that we found the Media Closet to do our wedding and reception videos. We will truly cherish these products.

Profile Picture Katie, 5/2/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Videography

The Media Closet crew were fantastic! Our wedding video was everything we could have wanted and more! Very satisfied!

Profile Picture Katelyn, 3/21/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

Working with Mckelvie was so easy and it made wedding planning a breeze. Communication with him was very simple and all my questions and concerns were answered in a timely manner. Mckelvie and his assistant were at the venue on time and they captured all of the amazing scenery of our venue. Our wedding DVD is absolutely perfect and I am extremely pleased with our highlight video as well. The Media Closet did such an amazing job capturing our special day! Now we have a timeless gift that we can watch for years to come.

Profile Picture Layne, 10/12/14, 1 Review
4.2

The service was very thorough and communication was very clear. We enjoyed the video very much.

Profile Picture User3890198, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

I am so happy with our decision to have The Media Closet videotape my daughter's wedding. They were very professional and the product was fantastic. It brought tears to my eyes in a good way!

Profile Picture Felice, 9/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

McKelvie is awesome. They shot one our concerts! Really good quality video. Multiple camera angles and great production. We plan to use some of the video to promote our band.

Profile Picture Anthony, 7/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Loved them! I was a little undecided about paying so much to have my wedding recorded but it was so worth it!! I would recommend them to anyone and everyone! Very professional but also laid back and easy to be around! Being filmed by them wasn't akward for us at all! You never knew they were even filming you. They also helped us out in any wedding stuff we needed help with! Awesome all around great people.

Profile Picture Kayla, 7/19/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

Mckelvie did an awesome job on the videography of my son and daughter in law's wedding/reception. He was very professional and friendly and I would highly recommend his company to everyone! We are very appreciative that he worked with us to get our video to us as soon as possible as my husband and I live out of town from where the wedding took place. Thanks for a great job we love the video!!

Profile Picture Becky , 6/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Videography

I have worked with The Media Closet for over 5 years on various projects promoting my non profit organization as well as special event videography, photography, and photo booth (this is a new service). I think they are professional, easy to work with, affordable, and most importantly, produce a fantastic, polished end product. It's creative and fresh. I continually receive positive feedback about our videos and I highly recommend them for any project.

Profile Picture Andrea, 6/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Unique Services (Other), Videography

Our wedding video was amazing. These guys are very professional and the quality of their work is astounding! The snapsterbooth (photo booth) was a big hit! I would highly recommend them for any occasion! They truly made our Wedding day extra special!

Profile Picture Emily, 6/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, Event Rentals & Photobooths

The day was over in an instant. I tried to drink in every moment of this touching and thrilling event and still missed a lot! We spent a lot of our viewing time saying things like, “I didn’t know that happened!”, “I didn’t get to see that!” and “I’m so glad we have this!”
Their helpfulness went beyond their responsibility. They offered suggestions that were so useful and full of experience. Their staff was not just non-intrusive. When we watched the video we were scratching our heads because we didn’t remember someone being obviously so close to us. They had the perfect balance of being seriously concerned that they accomplish their assignment, mixed with a completely non-stress, positive, friendly, cheerful and supportive attitude!
The topping on the cake was the style of filming, described as cinematic. It’s not filmed the way mine was 25 years ago. By filming while moving – like they do in “the movies” - parts of the video are very dramatic and we felt like we were there all over again. Tears and all!
We were also able to share it with people that couldn’t attend. THEY all had the same reactions. “What a precious ceremony!”; “OH MY GOODNESS! That was SO beautiful. Probably the best wedding video I’ve ever seen. I love it!”; “the videos made me feel almost like I was there!”; “I LOVED watching the movies!” And so on.
What we received in my daughter and new son‘s wedding video is not just a wedding souvenir. It’s a treasure and EPIC family heirloom. We were delighted with the whole experience. We enjoyed every interaction with the crew and we LOVE the video. The only part we weren’t 100% thrilled with was when it was OVER! It truly left us wanting more. We only had the ceremony and reception recorded. We should have added some getting ready moments, but who knew?
Now, YOU do! Everything about our experience with The Media Closet - and more specifically Mckelvie Wilder - was a joy. Do yourself a favor and have them record your memories. You won’t regret it.

Profile Picture User4342659, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

When my husband and I first started planning our wedding, video was very important to him while pictures were what was important to me. After receiving our wedding video from The Media Closet I was so happy we did the video! Mckelvie Wilder and his crew were amazing! They were so professional to work with and so comfortable to be around. I would recommend The Media Closet to anyone who is looking for a videographer, you could not ask for better people to capture one of the most important days of your life. Our wedding video captured every special moment just the way we remembered and captured some moments that we had already forgotten. I am so happy to be able to replay the best day of my life over and over again. Thank you The Media Closet for your exceptional service and for making our special day even more amazing than I could have imagined!

Profile Picture Crystal , 5/24/14, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Our wedding video was a huge deal to my husband and I. At the end of the day the photo and video is all you have left of your big day. The Media Closet had worked with my father-in law on a previous project. The video was amazing. When it came time for us to choose a videographer for our wedding The Media Closet was on the top of our list. We were not disappointed! I contacted McKelvie Wilder by email and within an hour I had an actual phone call back regarding my inquiry. Throughout the planning process he was in touch and was very thorough. Our wedding video is better than we ever expected. The video and sound quality is perfect. We love everything down to the look of the DVD's and the cases they come in. He was extremely easy to work with. We actually got married in North Carolina which proved to be difficult in everything. We had no issues with The Media Closet. He set up everything, filmed the ceremony and the reception and we never even knew he was there. Once we got home some additional work was added to the film. McKelvie was so easy going and so wonderful to work with. I am confident that there was no better choice for the filming of our wedding.

Profile Picture Brooke, 10/19/13, 1 Review
Category: Videography

We were on the fence about hiring a videographer. My Facebook-shunning husband has different media needs than I do, so we were a house divided. Husband was worried that the camera would be terribly obvious and noticeable, and that people (namely, him) would be uncomfortable. We were silly to worry! On our wedding day, the videographer was calm, quiet, and nearly spy-like in how unnoticeable he was. Even my camera-averse husband was completely comfortable. Our pleasant surprise didn't end there though--McKelvie rushed us a rough digital edit with days so that we could show the video our West Coast family who couldn't make it to Virginia for the wedding. Gathering everyone together the weekend after the wedding, we all watched and cried again!

We are so, so happy with The Media Closet's work! Not only were the professional, efficient, responsive, and pleasant, but also knocked us out with their work. We're so glad we invested in a forever memory of the best day ever! The day goes by so fast--even my mom said that upon watching the video days later, she was surprised by how much of the ceremony she's apparently zoned out through--so watching our faces as we say our vows, seeing our parents dance together, looking at all the children having so much fun is absolutely priceless.

If your budget is holding you back, cut out your favors or something. This is worth it.

Profile Picture Sara, 10/12/13, 1 Review
Category: Videography

My husband and I really enjoyed working with The Media Closet! We LOVE our wedding video and can't wait to watch it again on our anniversary!!! We highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a great videographer!!!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 5/18/13, 1 Review
Category: Videography

McKelvie has been doing audio and video for our ministry for several years now. He is very talented and his quality is excellent. He also is very creative in thinking of different ideas such as unique backdrops, lead ins for the final video cuts and so on. He does a great job and I highly recommend him. The wedding date listed is the approximate date McKelvie began doing our video work.

Profile Picture CFM, 9/26/12, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other), Videography

When my wife and I sat down to watch our Forever Wedding Video on our first anniversary we are realized the great investment we made. We are so happy with the quality and service that The Media Closet provided. We love our new anniversary tradition!

Profile Picture Nathan , 6/2/12, 1 Review
Category: Videography

The Media Closet made mine and my bride's memories of our wedding day come to life on the screen. It was like we were there all over again. They caught all the right angles, all the right sounds, and helped make one of the greatest days of our life last a lifetime. At first, we were so hesitant to invest in a wedding video, but now that we have it we realized it is something to be cherished forever. The professionalism of their work is absolutely remarkable and their down to earth staff was a pleasure to work with. They knew exactly what to do to make our big day the best it could be. We would strongly recommend these guys for your "BIG DAY" as well!

Profile Picture User3461699, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Our wedding video turned out awesome. We love it so much and couldn't be happier.

Profile Picture User3464844, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.7

Kevin and I go way back. We were college friends and I knew he was incredibly talented. He sang in my wedding, helped with the music at my reception and gave my husband and I a wonderful video of our special day. We watch it each year on our anniversary! He was so much fun to work with and made our day go smooth. He went above and beyond too. There was a cord we needed and I did not realize it until the morning of the wedding. He offered to get it for me, so I would not have to worry. I look forward to working with him again!

Profile Picture Kellie, 1/22/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Videography

You cannot get any better than “5” Stars across the board. I would like to express my sincere thanks to McKelvie Wilder for doing such a beautiful job capturing the true essence of Diana and Jason’s wedding. His professionalism is unparalleled as is his artistic vision. From start to finish, he captured every aspect of Diana’s “Dream Wedding” in such a beautiful creative way. He is truly gifted not only in filming the event but also creating the finished product through his amazing editing abilities. I highly recommend McKelvie Wilder and his team of experts at The Media Closet. Our incredible video of Diana’s wedding at “The Gassaway Mansion” will forever be cherished.

Profile Picture Janice, 12/5/09, 2 Reviews
Category: Videography

Wow! Thanks for a job well done. We have watched our amazing video time and time again. It was fantastic having all of the memories of our wedding captured on video in such a timeless fashion. Thank you, thank you, thank you! We'll be calling you again in a few more years when we renew our vows!

Profile Picture Tom and Tricia, 8/29/09, 1 Review