Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

111 Reviews for The Hons

User Photos
Photos
Digital Files (25)
High-Res Images (19)
Liability Insurance (5)
Prints (2)
110 The Hons Reviews

Brittani and Jon were unbelievable. They made an awkward anxious girl feel lighthearted and have fun in front of the camera, all while getting all the photos we desired. Very flexible also!

Profile Picture Sara, 3/29/18, 1 Review
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

The Hons were very professional from start to finish. We worked with Stephanie on our big day - she was very sweet and relaxed on a day that felt very rushed. I told her I wanted some of my photos to feel vintage and grainy, but most of my photos to be clean, elegant, and fun. She made sure that I had a mix of both! I am VERY pleased with the way in which The Hons captured my big day. Thanks to Brittani Hon as well for her fantastic editing skills. She also got me my photos in record time!

Photos
Profile Picture Lorenza, 12/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We looked at dozens of photographers before stumbling upon the Hons. What struck us right away was how upfront and to the point they were about everything. Even more importantly, we felt right off the bat that the Hons cared about who we were as people and wanted to actually know more about us. It's a little scary, putting all your trust in someone you've never worked with to capture the most important day of your life, but after emailing with Brittani, I knew we had a connection, and that they understood exactly where we were coming from and what we were looking for.

Jon shot our engagement photos, Brittani my boudoir photos, and we had Brittani + Rachel on photography and Jon on video for our big day. Their work is gorgeous, consistent, and pure magic. What I love about their style is that they're not the photographers who are always at your heels or in your face or in your guests' way. They capture real moments that matter without making their presence constantly known. Their work style made our day much more relaxed and allowed us to just enjoy it all. The photos from our wedding day spot on capture the pure joy and love between my husband and I and from all of our friends and family. We can’t wait to see our video! The Hons are a fantastic studio to work with. We can’t recommend them enough!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/30/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

Chelsea was our wedding photographer and she did the most perfect job! Normally I hate photos of myself and feel so uncomfortable in front of the camera but Chelsea put me at ease and was incredibly personable which resulted in some stunning photographs and we got them SO FAST. We were so impressed with how quickly they were edited and delivered. It's barely been a week and a half. We came back from our honeymoon and BOOM there they were! We had all the shots we wanted and could not have asked for a better photographer.

Profile Picture Kaylin, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

It's true what they say, your wedding day will fly by. After months and months of meticulous planning and waiting for that day where you finally get to marry your best friend, you'll blink and your big day will be over. That makes hiring a wedding photographer one of the most, if not THE most, important tasks you will face. So, HIRE THE HONS! Like many of you, my husband and I were never engaged before so we honestly didn't know where to start when looking for photographers. After shopping around online, we realized that finding a photographer might not be as easy as we initially thought. None of the photographers were clear with pricing and wanted numerous chats before disclosing their price. Eventually, someone (luckily) referred us to The Hons and we were honestly relieved. The Hons have a pricing page on their site that breaks down everything that their studio offers!!!! No one else had that! We inquired with them and within minutes we received a personalized response from Brittani and Jon (memes included) and our idea of just shopping around quickly turned into, can you take our deposit right now? If you're still not convinced, send them an email and I bet in less than 20 minutes you'll be wishing you could thank me. Brittani and Jon completely rocked our wedding day! They were always available by email or phone, chose our 'first look' location, made anyone under their lens feel comfortable, and captured our day beyond perfectly! Seriously, I don't think we can thank them enough for the amazing pictures we will have for the rest of our lives!! So much love for The Hons and their studio!!

Profile Picture Elena, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

I never write reviews for anything, but I feel so strongly about sharing how amazing The Hons were during this whole process. I spoke to a good amount of photographers and was instantly drawn to The Hons aesthetic. I had Stephanie as my photographer for my wedding and she is the definition of a ninja. She was so great to work with and really took charge when she needed to. We had a very open conversation since the beginning on how I totally trusted her to capture whatever she felt was right, and boy did she ever! Highly recommend working with The Hons and Stephanie!

Profile Picture Andrea, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Services Used: High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Digital Files, Prints

My husband and I used The Hons for our July 3rd wedding. They came recommended by a friend of ours. From the very beginning they were supper accommodating and willing to work with us. John and Brittani answered all of our questions and made us feel comfortable being that we were in NY and they were in FL. The lines of communication was clear, open and responsive. We had Stephanie as our main shooter for the wedding. Stephanie was SO SWEET. She was super chill and came ready to capture beautiful moments of the day. She was flexible and worked with whatever ideas we had.Our overall experience with Stephanie was fantastic. We got our wedding pictures one week after our wedding and LOVED each one. The photos Stephanie captured were amazing. As a bride I would definitely recommend using The Hons and if possible ask for Stephanie! Brides, trust me you wont be disappointed.

Profile Picture Natalie, 7/3/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

I chose The Hons to photograph and video my June wedding in Bridgehampton, NY and I could not be happier! I found them through Green Wedding Shoes and was immediately drawn to their aesthetic - their photos were candid, with beautiful light, but not too artsy that they'll be out of style in a few years. My husband and I met Brittani and Jon for coffee before booking them, and knew right away that they were the ones for us- they were totally laid back and fun to be around- we knew we'd be happy to spend our wedding day with them!
Your wedding day can be a little stressful, but Brittani and Jon made it enjoyable! They were incredibly professional and came prepared with a detailed schedule that helped the day run smoothly. They told jokes and made us feel so comfortable during our first few takes, and it really shows in the photos. They got great group family pictures before the ceremony. They somehow managed to be on the dance floor and get amazing party shots, without us even realizing it. And to top it all off, we got our 1000+ pictures back just 2 weeks after our wedding! They are all so great that I can't even begin to figure out how to make an album because there are too many gorgeous photos to choose from. I cannot say enough good things about The Hons! Book them now!

Profile Picture Elana, 6/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

The Hons team is amazing! They took care of everything photo related for our wedding - engagement photos, wedding day and a super secret boudoir shoot that was a gift for my now-hubby. First and foremost, they are SUPER responsive. Brittani, the owner, gets back to you in seconds (which I loved!). Chelsea, one of the photographers on the team, shot our engagement and wedding day. My husband hates pictures and we always joke that we aren't photogenic but Chelsea made every picture so simple and easy and BEAUTIFUL. The entire process felt natural and fun. We got our wedding pictures back in less than 2 weeks (YES!!!!! Less than 2 weeks) - which was amazing and really helped us relive the day. We have the perfect combo of formal pictures that the grandparents will love but crazy, to candids of our bridal party dancing, to the emotional photos of our first look. The Hons are the real deal and not only that, they truly, TRULY care. They listened to what we wanted and needed and made it happen. They never made me feel like I was just another random bride that they booked and had on their calendar and honestly, that meant the world to me. Thank you Chelsea and Brittani for being amazing!

Profile Picture Giana, 5/8/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

The Hons were an exciting experience from the minute we first skyped with them. Instantly we could tell Jon and Brittani wanted to help us capture our perfect day, support us any way they could and ensure they captured the real us. Brittani was always open to us messaging her random, quirky ideas and questions. We really appreciate the connection we made & feeling like we got to know the Hons throughout our planning process.

The Hons showed up the day of our wedding and instantly blended into our group. For the most part we didn’t even notice they were taking pictures of us. We have to admit when we thought about it the next day we were slightly worried thinking…“Did they capture the moment with enough photos?” We were SO wrong. They captured over 900+ edited, beautiful and crisp photos in what still feels to be so many different looks, styles, genres and mediums. It was so relieving and comforting hiring a vendor that had our back, was willing to joke with and felt like friends. The Hons were a blast and we so very much appreciated their attitudes…it literally tamed our nerves and led to the best pictures of ourselves we’ve ever seen!

This was the Hons first time shooting the Bourne Mansion in Oakdale, NY. You could tell & that’s a GOOD thing! When looking through the wedding venue’s website, every couple and their photographers, over and over again seemed to take the same photos in the same locations. While still capturing what seemed to be the classic picture locations of the venue, they also captured some of the most unique settings of this old estate with incredible lighting and angles.

If you are a member of the “Hon’s Support Group” they have reiterated this a million times, but I have to echo it once more, HIRE A DAY OF PLANNER! Having someone there to keep the timeline and move the pieces really allows The Hons do their thang and get into their groove. Also when you book with Brittani and Jon I would really suggest being open with the

Profile Picture Marykate, 4/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My fiance and I took our engagement photos with on of the Hons associates, Rachel. We were SO pleased with both the lead up to the photos and the experience itself. Rachel was so sweet and made us feel at ease immediately. The photos perfectly captured our emotions and love for one another and came out so natural and beautiful. Not to mention we got the photos back and perfectly edited THE NEXT DAY. I would absolutely recommend working with the Hons and Rachel for all your photo video/needs! They can capture love like no one else.

Profile Picture Kayla, 3/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My fiance and I booked with a venue in Central Florida called Harmony Gardens and their top recommended photographer happened to be The Hons. Prior to seeing this recommendation, I was stressing out because I'm living in Indiana and was looking for photographers in Florida..and what I wanted was very specific. As soon as I looked at their website I was already in love. The pictures they take are absolutely breathtaking. So my fiance and I decided to seriously inquire about the Hons. Immediately after asking some questions via email, they responded promptly. Unfortunately they were booked for our wedding weekend.. but they have a wonderful associate photographer named Chelsea Busch. and luckily I was equally in love with Chelsea's photos. So we jumped RIGHT on it and decided to book with her. BEST decision ever. She worked with us and immediately could get in touch with our personalities (via email) and what we love. She found the perfect place for pictures for the engagement session and made us feel incredibly comfortable the whole time. She is so personable and energetic (which I am a huge fan of!) and everything just felt natural. She knew exactly how to make us look and feel our best. I am so looking forward to our wedding because I am 100% confident that our wedding photos will turn out absolutely gorgeous!

Profile Picture Michelle, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

Let's just talk about how much of a GIFT Jonathon and Brittani Hon are to this world. In all of the research the initial wedding planning process takes, my constant Google & Wedding Wire search had one top search - "Wedding Photographer". I compared portfolios and personalities of more photographers than I care to share (guys, trust me here, I am THOROUGH) and then my search was over when I found THE HONS (dramatic life-changing music plays). I am thee most particular person in the world and every single picture I saw from Jon and Brittani Hon was quality. The bright lighting, the texture, the moment. Not only that, but within literal SECONDS of submitting an inquiry, I got a call from Jon and he let me gush about how much I love my now sweet, dreamy hubs even though he's heard that a million and half times before. Both Jon and Brittani were genuinely excited to KNOW us.I am a Type-A researcher, lover of relationships and no one delivers quality moments like the Hons. Now, let's circle back real quick...did you see the word MOMENTS I typed a second ago? Don't breeze by it because it is significant. The Hons capture moments, not posed shots, but moments and that is what sold me. They catch the smiley tight squeeze your Dad gives you when he sees you for the first time on your day; the moment when you spray your MOH in the mouth with perfume and your faces are in weird, joyful grimaces and the (yay!) face you make when you're walking toward him, the him that is everything that you've prayed for - they just do - you don't ask them to, but they capture it all... and those golden, magical pictures end up in your portfolio and they become your favorite memories of all time. I'm genuinely crying just thinking about it, just book the Hons - they are worth it.

Profile Picture C., 2/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Choosing a photographer for your special day is one of the most important vendors you will have to pick in my opinion. I can honestly say without a doubt you can NOT go wrong with choosing the Hons! They were worth every penny. Trust me your photos/video is all you have to remember your special day and you will get a great experience with the Hons. I had Chelsea & Jon do our wedding and they were so professional, sweet, and accommodating. My husband and I hate attention and getting our photos taken so the fact they were able to loosen us up and even take photos of us was a miracle in itself. I literally was so nervous before I walked down the aisle I broke out in hives, yes it happened! However, Chelsea and Jon just kept taking amazing photos and didn't even flinch at our nervousness. Jon even went and got us drinks after our ceremony when we were taking photos to make us unwind. I mean come on, I really don't know many photographers that would do that. Also not to mention I got a pleasant surprise when I returned from my honeymoon and my pictures were in! Again I don't know many photographers who get their photos to their clients that quick. The pictures turned out amazing. They will take some traditional photos but also take very in the moment photos which we love. They captured our day to the fullest and I seriously can't stop looking at our photos :). They truly went above and beyond. For their price and full day coverage in return you really can't go wrong. And their motto that they give a shit is true and you will see that!

Profile Picture sarah , 2/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

AHH THE HONS! We loved them so so much. I am not sure where to start but I planned our wedding in about 3 months. I saw an engagement session the Hons had done a year ago and stalked their website incessantly. When I finally started the planning process I knew that photography was our biggest priority. I went on the website late one night and filled out the questionnaire. Within the first hour Brittani responded back genuinely thankful for my inquiry. Their "we give a shit" motto is no lie. They care about how you met, why you love your significant other, what makes you a couple, what your vision is for your wedding. They want to make sure this is a relationship worth investing in on both ends. My correspondence with Brittani was fun and she was always there to answer questions, give advice or just check in. It was total destiny both Jon and Brittani were up in NJ for another wedding the weekend we decided to have ours! They recommended a day of coordinator in the area (A MUST!) and were able to give recommendations on florists. They were at the venue on time and never made me feel rushed or posed. I truly despise having my picture taken, but Brittani, Jon AND Stephanie (we got 2 Hons and an associate- SO LUCKY) made my husband and I feel so comfortable. I don't know how they do it but they are creative in their photography and have this amazing ability to make you move in a photogenic natural way. There aren't any forced pictures. Taking pictures outside with the Hons for an hour was one of the favorite parts of our wedding. My husband kept talking about them (may have a man crush on Jon). They are so natural andd are able to capture the most amazing candid photos. We received our photos a week (!!!) after the wedding. I want to get married again to work with them.

Profile Picture Julia, 2/11/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

My husband and I hired one of The Hon's associate photographers, Chelsea, to capture our wedding day! I cannot say enough good things about Chelsea! She is very professional but also extremely sweet and down to earth. She made my husband and I super comfortable around her, which is important if you love those intimate pictures :) Chelsea was on time for everything the day of the wedding, which is important because the church, getting ready locations, and the reception were all in different places! She worked well with all of my other vendors and was able to capture the most beautiful pictures. I had full confidence in her and she did not disappoint! I am already planning on hiring her to shoot future family pictures- crazy, I know but that is how awesome she is that I have to have her ( and I don't even live in Orlando anymore!)! The entire process of working with The Hons and Chelsea from start to finish was so easy and stress free that I will recommend them to all of my friends! The pictures I received are just absolutely breathtaking and I will cherish them forever.

Profile Picture Kristen, 1/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

CHELSEA!!! I cannot say enough about this girl! She made my wedding day for me! She is so down to earth and amazing! She is so personable, I felt like we were best friends! She takes bomb photos too! Definitely recommend the Hons!

Profile Picture Taylor, 12/17/16, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

I don't even know where to begin writing a review for The Hons because everything from my very first email inquiry with them, to today when I emailed Brittani on something completely unrelated to wedding photography, every experience with The Hons has been incredible. For starters, I knew from the beginning that photography was going to be a decent size of our wedding budget because it was one of, if not, THE most important part of our day. I saw a mutual friend post her wedding photos and instantly fell in love with The Hon's work. What set them apart from other photographers I was considering was their "We Give a Shit" motto, which instantly rang true when I spoke to Brittani for the first time. They actually want your day to be the BEST damn day of your life and they will do whatever is in their control to help make that happen, including when I asked Brittani about day of coordinators and she responded "This is a MUST!". I cannot tell you how much her referral to hire Runway Events saved me and made our wedding photographs better than what I could have dreamed. We had the pleasure of having Brittani Hon and Rachel capture our day and from the very beginning they made us feel so comfortable and they were shockingly able to get my husband comfortable in front of the camera, which was a huge bonus! The girls were able to work their magic all day long and captured our day so perfectly that I just knew the photos were going to be amazing. But when Brittani sent me our first sneak peak ( the next day) I was instantly obsessed and couldn't wait to get all our photos back. Brittani had ALL of our stunning wedding photos (over 800 edited pictures) back to us within 2 weeks of our wedding and it was the best Christmas present! Brittani and Rachel not only captured everything so eloquently but their work truly went above and beyond anything I could have ever imagined for my wedding photos. If I could do it all over, I'd hire The Hons a million times again!!!

Profile Picture Stacey, 12/10/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Digital Files

Jon and Brittani were by far our favorite vendor. We knew they did amazing work but we were so blown away by their talent when we got our wedding photos back. They photos were stunning - I coudlnt believe all the great moments they caught. They just go so far above and beyond your typical wedding photographer and we feel so lucky we had them to capture the day.

Side note, doing our photos during the cocktail hour was one of my favorite parts of our wedding! They are just a lot of fun to hang out with and it was nice for my husband and I to take breath from all the chaos and shoot with them.

Profile Picture User7537268, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Digital Files

We love all our vendors, but Brittani and Jon are hands down our favorite. Seriously, they totally rock. They actually care about you as a client, instead of treating you like "just another wedding." After about 30 seconds of meeting them in person, we knew we were booking them! They have been so helpful in helping us find other quality vendors as well. We cannot wait for them to work their magic on our wedding day!

Profile Picture User4936426, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography, Videography
Services Used: High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Digital Files

Given that I flew these guys over the Atlantic for my wedding, it suffices to say that I have every confidence in the world in their talent. We had a logistically complicated wedding with multiple events in the middle of nowhere Italy, and the last thing I wanted to do was leave video/photo to local strangers. I never second guessed my decision in the planning process and can't imagine having had anyone else there to capture the weekend. Brittani, Jon, and Chelsea were nothing short of professional, despite being under-the-weather and likely jet-lagged. They are self-sufficient, they get their hands dirty, and they obviously bring their incredibly impressive talent! There is a lot to be said for hiring photographers who do not ride on their name (not yet at least!), who are committed to building a business and their style/process. They are 100% aligned with your best interest (which is for you to have kick-ass photos). They are in the background when they need to be and they are handling your obnoxious uncle-in-law when he is ruining an otherwise beautiful shot. They will be your huddle buddies, your touch-up crew, and the people who block the view while you're mid nip-slip. And then, after all is said and done, you're going to get photos that make you laugh, cry, and want to live it all over again. I have photos that are magazine worthy, but I also have photos that capture the fleeting looks that my husband and I give each other that show just how spectacular we think the other is. All in all, just do yourself a favor and hire The Hons!

Profile Picture User7369526, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

I’ll start out by saying Chelsea and Rachel are a dream team! From the second they arrived to the moment they left they were attentive, fun, and professional. I was even receiving compliments from the people involved in my wedding that the photographers were doing such a great job.
The aspect that made Chelsea and Rachel so great was that they genuinely love taking pictures! And the finished product you ask? Phenomenal! The pictures they took captured the tiny details, emotional moments, and celebratory feel of the whole day! I would recommend Chelsea and Rachel to anyone! These girls are talented!

Profile Picture Mariah, 9/23/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files

First of all, stop reading the reviews and book them right now before their calendar get fully booked for 2017.

Alex and I found the Hons through our venue - New York Botanical Garden. The venue had recommended a long list of photographers, and I had no idea where to start so I started looking through everyone's website. And based on what I saw on their site, I was in love. Brittani and Jon capture the most romantic, tear jerking moments through their photos/video that make you want to get to know the couples they photograph. So I emailed them right away. And oh my gosh, they're fast to respond! I heard back from Jon shortly after, and we talked on the phone and I got such a good vibe from him right off the bat. They talk to you like real people, and not like some moody/artsy photographers who try to force their style on you.

For our engagement shoot, we worked with their associate, Rachel, who is so sweet and made us feel comfortable to be in front of a camera at 5:45 in the morning. God bless her! We did a shoot around west village before the sunrise and Jon and Rachel were amazing. They kept us laughing, and made sure we were having fun. Oh, and Rachel had emergency band aids, which saved my feet (side note to all brides to be, don't buy new shoes the day before your shoot). They were so fun to work with, and the photos were beautiful!

On our wedding day, they were at the venue ready to shoot even before we got there. And they made sure to capture all precious moments. We are beyond happy with our photos and can't wait to have them printed and have them on display at our place :)

I feel so blessed to have found Brittani and Jon to capture special moments throughout Alex and my wedding day. They really are the best.

Profile Picture Robyn, 9/23/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

My contact with the Hons started well before I even found my venue or booked a date since I was BLOWN away by their photos online. I contacted Brittani (1/2 of the amazing Hons duo) and we instantly clicked. We skyped and my now-husband and I were instantly taken away with their personalities and the comfort level we had with them. You can look at their site and see how amazing all their photos come out - they are unbelievably talented and literal magicians with lighting.

Being that I was having a huge Indian wedding, they assured us that they would be ready for the challenge and boy, were they. They captured all the details in the chaos of what an Indian/Desi wedding is. You can find our pics on their blog here: http://thehonsphoto.com/2016/10/04/alina-nas-indian-wedding-somerset-palace/

I am in awe on how beautiful the day looked and so happy that I chose them to capture my forever moments from one of the most important days of my life. They were absolute delights to be around during prior meetings/shoots, esp the day of. They are timely, work insanely well with other vendors and get what they need without affecting your own timeline. They're also ninjas, because a lot of times I saw pictures and don't know where they were to get those shots. My entire family and wedding party loved them as they basically become your best friend 1 minute into meeting them. They make you feel at ease and make sure you look your best. Brittani fixed my hair a few times during shots, that's how much they care. They know what looks good and it's proven in the pics.

If you want the best wedding pictures with two "kick-butt" photographers who essentially make you look/feel like a model, then go with the Hons NOW. You will not regret it.

Profile Picture Alina, 9/11/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

I can't say enough great things about the Hons. First off, their pictures are gorgeous..everything you can ask for, plus everything you never knew you wanted. They are literally photo ninjas the way they capture both the smallest and biggest moments of your big day. Secondly, their easy going, bubbly attitude makes you fee at ease...making your photos completely authentic and not awkward or forced. Brittani and Jon make it a point to not just be another vendor, but to really get to know you so they can relate to you on a personal level. They even have a support group for their clients to feed off one another, help one another, and make suggestions for what works and what doesn't. It's so helpful to have all these resources going into your wedding day.

If you are looking for photographers that really know their stuff...like really, really know their stuff, hire The Hons. Our wedding photos were the most important part of my wedding, and I can say whole heartedly that I will treasure these photos (that got returned in TWO WEEKS!) for the rest of my life. Additionally, I hired the Hons for my videography, and although I haven't gotten it back yet (it's only been a few weeks since my wedding), I can say with no hesitance, that it will no doubt be the best wedding video I could have asked for.

If you are lucky enough to hire Brittani and Jon, do it. It will be the best thing you've done for yourself while planning your wedding...and do it now, because they are based in both NYC and FL, and are slowly taking over the world.

Profile Picture LIndsey, 9/10/16, 2 Reviews