Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

119 Reviews for The Hons

User Photos
+17
Photos
Digital Files (28)
High-Res Images (22)
Liability Insurance (6)
Prints (2)

We could not be happier with The Hons! Stephanie for The Hons shot both our engagement and wedding and was INCREDIBLE! She was so funny, down to earth, and when it came to it, meant business to get the job done. Within 3 weeks we had over 800 edited photos back from our wedding! This was one of the BIGGEST selling points in hiring The Hons, the speed; all brides want pictures back ASAP. The quality, thoughtfulness, and sheer talent blew us away with these photos. We can’t wait to share them with all of our family and friends. We could highly recommend The Hons for any photography you need! The best decision of our wedding.

Profile Picture Marissa, 6/9/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

The Hons are OUT OF THIS WORLD talented. If you are looking for timeless wedding photos that capture the candid moments, everyone that matters to you, and every REAL emotion you'll feel on your wedding day, BOOK IMMEDIATELY. Brittani and Chelsea were absolutely fantastic and made our wedding day FUN. You can tell they absolutely LOVE their job and love working to get all the shots you're going to want to remember from every angle of the ceremony and reception. I could not dream up more beautiful wedding photos. Brittani even delivered our photos within 10 days of the wedding!!!! We were still on our honeymoon when we got them and stopped everything to view the gorgeous photos. I'm not kidding when I say it's impossible to pick which ones to frame because every photo is gorgeous!!!! You will also want to be best friends with Brittani afterwards because she is as fun, sweet, and hilarious as she is talented. I cannot say enough GREAT things about The Hons but trust me when I say you NEED to book them ASAP. Even all our guests were telling us they loved interacting with our photographers day-of (they made formal portraits fun!), and our family loved every photo just as much as we did!!! The Hons are a MUST book vendor.

Profile Picture Jamie, 5/11/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

WeddingWire wouldn’t let me paste my entire review here, so PLEASE see the photo attached!

Profile Picture Monica, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

- We were immediately sold on the Hons - the photos were exactly the vibe we were going for. Brittani responded so quickly and we promptly set up Stephanie for both our engagement shoot in Riverside Park and wedding at the New York Botanical Gardens. We are SO glad we did! Stephanie was amazing and made us feel comfortable in front of the camera, an impressive feat! At the wedding, she seamlessly captured INCREDIBLE photos of us, as well as our big families, ceremony and reception all while being delightful and friendly. We received over 800 wedding photos within 10 days and WE ARE IN LOVE! Between Stephanie and the second shooter, Elizabeth, along with Britanni’s impressive editing, we have to say these are the most beautiful wedding photos we have EVER seen! They captured every moment in such a wonderful way. A+++++, worth their weight in gold, 15/10 would hire the Hons again!!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 4/27/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

The Hons and their associates are EVERYTHING. My husband and I are BLOWN away by our wedding photos and the entire process of working with this studio. There were three main things we were looking for in a photographer and all three we not only met but exceeded way beyond our wildest dreams.

1) I really wanted female photographers. Neither my husband nor I are naturally comfortable in photos and I knew that working with women would make me feel more comfortable. This is no disrespect to all of the wonderful male photographers that are part of the studio, but it meant a lot to me that Brittani respected and honored this request. The entire process with the Hons studio from booking to today was an incredibly empowering experience. They know how to lift us brides up during a time when we want to feel our best. Max and Marta made me feel like I was being photographed by friends. It was truly amazing.

2) We wanted photographers who had mastered the photo that is staged but doesn't look staged. Our photos look "candid" but without all the weird poses and faces that come with candid photos that your dad takes while you're in the middle of eating (can you tell I'm speaking from experience? ??).

3) We wanted photographers who would work with the natural beauty of the garden where we got married. It's clear from the photos that you all specialize in natural light photography. The brilliance of that day in the gardens really came alive in the photos.

Now what are you waiting for?? Go book them!!

Profile Picture Amanda , 4/20/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

The Hons are amazing photographers/videographers, and were one of the best vendors we worked with not only because of the incredible pictures they took, but because of how great they were to work with. Anytime we had a question Brittani always got back to me the same day, usually within an hour or so. Brittani, Jon and their team have a way of making you immediately feel comfortable in front of the camera, which I was very grateful for since I’d never had a professional picture taken.
We can’t thank you enough for capturing our special day!! We are so so so happy you asked us to add video on (BRIDES - DO IT, TRUST ME), because our video is AMAZING, we still watch it multiple times a week. ALSO, thank you for getting our engagement pictures back to us in 3 days and our wedding photos in 2 weeks... I don’t understand how you guys do it all, but I’m thankful that you do!!
Oh one more thing, if anyone is considering getting a photo booth I highly recommend using The Hons selfiebooth. All our wedding guests were obsessed with it and it takes nice high quality pictures.

Profile Picture Josh, 4/7/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Digital Files

Brittani and Jon were unbelievable. They made an awkward anxious girl feel lighthearted and have fun in front of the camera, all while getting all the photos we desired. Very flexible also!

Profile Picture Sara, 3/29/18, 1 Review
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

I don't usually give perfect five-star reviews, but if any vendor is deserving of this it's The Hons. Brittani and team were not just easy to work with but were lighthearted and fun in their approach to working together. From signing the contract to our planning calls, they were active listeners and really worked to capture our vision. It was SO refreshing to actually have a vendor on our level who returns emails - with concise answers - promptly every single time.

I'll admit: I was slightly apprehensive about having a single photographer the day-of my wedding. To my surprise, though, Stephanie actually produced not just higher quality but more prolific work than teams of photographers with all sorts of bulky equipment that I've seen at other weddings. She got all the shots we had planned, but also provided us with enough artistic direction that we got additional ones that turned out beautiful.

Bonus points for the extremely fast turnaround on delivering our finished gallery. What a surprise to still be on my honeymoon and have all the photos returned! I never even had to look in the contract to find out the turnaround time. This was the icing on the cake, and really proved to us that Brittani and team are passionate about what they do and put their clients first. 10/10 would recommend, and actually hope someone in my family gets engaged soon so we can hire The Hons again!

Profile Picture Jason, 3/3/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

I've known Brittani & Jon for a few years and have been following their work since they started their company- I knew from day one we were going to hire them for our wedding. BEST DECISION EVER! I can't say enough wonderful things about The Hons and their entire team! They are AMAZING! Your photos/ videos are you memories- you don't want half a**! You want the best so that every time you look back at them you can relive that moment. They care so much- they go above and beyond in every aspect leading up to your day and on your special day. They really capture the moments so all the photos are genuine, beautiful moments that were happening with you and your loved ones. From our engagement shoot to the wedding day they were involved- answered every question, even helped me pick out my outfit for our engagement shoot. When I was wedding dress shopping I sent Brittani pictures of the dresses I had on and she told me which ones would photograph better- THAT IS NEXT LEVEL SERVICE! She took the time to give me feedback on any and every question I had. They keep it real. They will give advice wherever needed. They referred our DJ and Bartenders to us- we booked them and they were just as awesome! The Hons give you a full experience. They are fun! If you aren't already friends you will feel like they are your friend after. Your family and friends will love them just as much as you. They make everyone feel comfortable and with that alone you get better photos. We also got video- it is the best wedding video I have ever seen! It's like a music video, cinematic, the transitions, editing, everything is so unique and perfect! Everytime I watch it I tear up- it had my husband in tears too. Jon kills it with the videos! I wasn't sure if I wanted a video at the beginning but I'm so happy we decided to do it! I could go on and on about them! The point of all of this- look no more, they are THE BEST. You get what you pay for! Invest in your photos- IT'S WORTH EVERY PENNY! Love them!

Profile Picture Meghan, 2/10/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

The Hons were very professional from start to finish. We worked with Stephanie on our big day - she was very sweet and relaxed on a day that felt very rushed. I told her I wanted some of my photos to feel vintage and grainy, but most of my photos to be clean, elegant, and fun. She made sure that I had a mix of both! I am VERY pleased with the way in which The Hons captured my big day. Thanks to Brittani Hon as well for her fantastic editing skills. She also got me my photos in record time!

Photos
Profile Picture Lorenza, 12/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We looked at dozens of photographers before stumbling upon the Hons. What struck us right away was how upfront and to the point they were about everything. Even more importantly, we felt right off the bat that the Hons cared about who we were as people and wanted to actually know more about us. It's a little scary, putting all your trust in someone you've never worked with to capture the most important day of your life, but after emailing with Brittani, I knew we had a connection, and that they understood exactly where we were coming from and what we were looking for.

Jon shot our engagement photos, Brittani my boudoir photos, and we had Brittani + Rachel on photography and Jon on video for our big day. Their work is gorgeous, consistent, and pure magic. What I love about their style is that they're not the photographers who are always at your heels or in your face or in your guests' way. They capture real moments that matter without making their presence constantly known. Their work style made our day much more relaxed and allowed us to just enjoy it all. The photos from our wedding day spot on capture the pure joy and love between my husband and I and from all of our friends and family. We can’t wait to see our video! The Hons are a fantastic studio to work with. We can’t recommend them enough!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/30/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

Chelsea was our wedding photographer and she did the most perfect job! Normally I hate photos of myself and feel so uncomfortable in front of the camera but Chelsea put me at ease and was incredibly personable which resulted in some stunning photographs and we got them SO FAST. We were so impressed with how quickly they were edited and delivered. It's barely been a week and a half. We came back from our honeymoon and BOOM there they were! We had all the shots we wanted and could not have asked for a better photographer.

Profile Picture Kaylin, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

It's true what they say, your wedding day will fly by. After months and months of meticulous planning and waiting for that day where you finally get to marry your best friend, you'll blink and your big day will be over. That makes hiring a wedding photographer one of the most, if not THE most, important tasks you will face. So, HIRE THE HONS! Like many of you, my husband and I were never engaged before so we honestly didn't know where to start when looking for photographers. After shopping around online, we realized that finding a photographer might not be as easy as we initially thought. None of the photographers were clear with pricing and wanted numerous chats before disclosing their price. Eventually, someone (luckily) referred us to The Hons and we were honestly relieved. The Hons have a pricing page on their site that breaks down everything that their studio offers!!!! No one else had that! We inquired with them and within minutes we received a personalized response from Brittani and Jon (memes included) and our idea of just shopping around quickly turned into, can you take our deposit right now? If you're still not convinced, send them an email and I bet in less than 20 minutes you'll be wishing you could thank me. Brittani and Jon completely rocked our wedding day! They were always available by email or phone, chose our 'first look' location, made anyone under their lens feel comfortable, and captured our day beyond perfectly! Seriously, I don't think we can thank them enough for the amazing pictures we will have for the rest of our lives!! So much love for The Hons and their studio!!

Profile Picture Elena, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

I never write reviews for anything, but I feel so strongly about sharing how amazing The Hons were during this whole process. I spoke to a good amount of photographers and was instantly drawn to The Hons aesthetic. I had Stephanie as my photographer for my wedding and she is the definition of a ninja. She was so great to work with and really took charge when she needed to. We had a very open conversation since the beginning on how I totally trusted her to capture whatever she felt was right, and boy did she ever! Highly recommend working with The Hons and Stephanie!

Profile Picture Andrea, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Services Used: High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Digital Files, Prints

My husband and I used The Hons for our July 3rd wedding. They came recommended by a friend of ours. From the very beginning they were supper accommodating and willing to work with us. John and Brittani answered all of our questions and made us feel comfortable being that we were in NY and they were in FL. The lines of communication was clear, open and responsive. We had Stephanie as our main shooter for the wedding. Stephanie was SO SWEET. She was super chill and came ready to capture beautiful moments of the day. She was flexible and worked with whatever ideas we had.Our overall experience with Stephanie was fantastic. We got our wedding pictures one week after our wedding and LOVED each one. The photos Stephanie captured were amazing. As a bride I would definitely recommend using The Hons and if possible ask for Stephanie! Brides, trust me you wont be disappointed.

Profile Picture Natalie, 7/3/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

I chose The Hons to photograph and video my June wedding in Bridgehampton, NY and I could not be happier! I found them through Green Wedding Shoes and was immediately drawn to their aesthetic - their photos were candid, with beautiful light, but not too artsy that they'll be out of style in a few years. My husband and I met Brittani and Jon for coffee before booking them, and knew right away that they were the ones for us- they were totally laid back and fun to be around- we knew we'd be happy to spend our wedding day with them!
Your wedding day can be a little stressful, but Brittani and Jon made it enjoyable! They were incredibly professional and came prepared with a detailed schedule that helped the day run smoothly. They told jokes and made us feel so comfortable during our first few takes, and it really shows in the photos. They got great group family pictures before the ceremony. They somehow managed to be on the dance floor and get amazing party shots, without us even realizing it. And to top it all off, we got our 1000+ pictures back just 2 weeks after our wedding! They are all so great that I can't even begin to figure out how to make an album because there are too many gorgeous photos to choose from. I cannot say enough good things about The Hons! Book them now!

Profile Picture Elana, 6/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

The Hons team is amazing! They took care of everything photo related for our wedding - engagement photos, wedding day and a super secret boudoir shoot that was a gift for my now-hubby. First and foremost, they are SUPER responsive. Brittani, the owner, gets back to you in seconds (which I loved!). Chelsea, one of the photographers on the team, shot our engagement and wedding day. My husband hates pictures and we always joke that we aren't photogenic but Chelsea made every picture so simple and easy and BEAUTIFUL. The entire process felt natural and fun. We got our wedding pictures back in less than 2 weeks (YES!!!!! Less than 2 weeks) - which was amazing and really helped us relive the day. We have the perfect combo of formal pictures that the grandparents will love but crazy, to candids of our bridal party dancing, to the emotional photos of our first look. The Hons are the real deal and not only that, they truly, TRULY care. They listened to what we wanted and needed and made it happen. They never made me feel like I was just another random bride that they booked and had on their calendar and honestly, that meant the world to me. Thank you Chelsea and Brittani for being amazing!

Profile Picture Giana, 5/8/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

The Hons were an exciting experience from the minute we first skyped with them. Instantly we could tell Jon and Brittani wanted to help us capture our perfect day, support us any way they could and ensure they captured the real us. Brittani was always open to us messaging her random, quirky ideas and questions. We really appreciate the connection we made & feeling like we got to know the Hons throughout our planning process.

The Hons showed up the day of our wedding and instantly blended into our group. For the most part we didn’t even notice they were taking pictures of us. We have to admit when we thought about it the next day we were slightly worried thinking…“Did they capture the moment with enough photos?” We were SO wrong. They captured over 900+ edited, beautiful and crisp photos in what still feels to be so many different looks, styles, genres and mediums. It was so relieving and comforting hiring a vendor that had our back, was willing to joke with and felt like friends. The Hons were a blast and we so very much appreciated their attitudes…it literally tamed our nerves and led to the best pictures of ourselves we’ve ever seen!

This was the Hons first time shooting the Bourne Mansion in Oakdale, NY. You could tell & that’s a GOOD thing! When looking through the wedding venue’s website, every couple and their photographers, over and over again seemed to take the same photos in the same locations. While still capturing what seemed to be the classic picture locations of the venue, they also captured some of the most unique settings of this old estate with incredible lighting and angles.

If you are a member of the “Hon’s Support Group” they have reiterated this a million times, but I have to echo it once more, HIRE A DAY OF PLANNER! Having someone there to keep the timeline and move the pieces really allows The Hons do their thang and get into their groove. Also when you book with Brittani and Jon I would really suggest being open with the

Profile Picture Marykate, 4/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My fiance and I took our engagement photos with on of the Hons associates, Rachel. We were SO pleased with both the lead up to the photos and the experience itself. Rachel was so sweet and made us feel at ease immediately. The photos perfectly captured our emotions and love for one another and came out so natural and beautiful. Not to mention we got the photos back and perfectly edited THE NEXT DAY. I would absolutely recommend working with the Hons and Rachel for all your photo video/needs! They can capture love like no one else.

Profile Picture Kayla, 3/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My fiance and I booked with a venue in Central Florida called Harmony Gardens and their top recommended photographer happened to be The Hons. Prior to seeing this recommendation, I was stressing out because I'm living in Indiana and was looking for photographers in Florida..and what I wanted was very specific. As soon as I looked at their website I was already in love. The pictures they take are absolutely breathtaking. So my fiance and I decided to seriously inquire about the Hons. Immediately after asking some questions via email, they responded promptly. Unfortunately they were booked for our wedding weekend.. but they have a wonderful associate photographer named Chelsea Busch. and luckily I was equally in love with Chelsea's photos. So we jumped RIGHT on it and decided to book with her. BEST decision ever. She worked with us and immediately could get in touch with our personalities (via email) and what we love. She found the perfect place for pictures for the engagement session and made us feel incredibly comfortable the whole time. She is so personable and energetic (which I am a huge fan of!) and everything just felt natural. She knew exactly how to make us look and feel our best. I am so looking forward to our wedding because I am 100% confident that our wedding photos will turn out absolutely gorgeous!

Profile Picture Michelle, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

Let's just talk about how much of a GIFT Jonathon and Brittani Hon are to this world. In all of the research the initial wedding planning process takes, my constant Google & Wedding Wire search had one top search - "Wedding Photographer". I compared portfolios and personalities of more photographers than I care to share (guys, trust me here, I am THOROUGH) and then my search was over when I found THE HONS (dramatic life-changing music plays). I am thee most particular person in the world and every single picture I saw from Jon and Brittani Hon was quality. The bright lighting, the texture, the moment. Not only that, but within literal SECONDS of submitting an inquiry, I got a call from Jon and he let me gush about how much I love my now sweet, dreamy hubs even though he's heard that a million and half times before. Both Jon and Brittani were genuinely excited to KNOW us.I am a Type-A researcher, lover of relationships and no one delivers quality moments like the Hons. Now, let's circle back real quick...did you see the word MOMENTS I typed a second ago? Don't breeze by it because it is significant. The Hons capture moments, not posed shots, but moments and that is what sold me. They catch the smiley tight squeeze your Dad gives you when he sees you for the first time on your day; the moment when you spray your MOH in the mouth with perfume and your faces are in weird, joyful grimaces and the (yay!) face you make when you're walking toward him, the him that is everything that you've prayed for - they just do - you don't ask them to, but they capture it all... and those golden, magical pictures end up in your portfolio and they become your favorite memories of all time. I'm genuinely crying just thinking about it, just book the Hons - they are worth it.

Profile Picture C., 2/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Choosing a photographer for your special day is one of the most important vendors you will have to pick in my opinion. I can honestly say without a doubt you can NOT go wrong with choosing the Hons! They were worth every penny. Trust me your photos/video is all you have to remember your special day and you will get a great experience with the Hons. I had Chelsea & Jon do our wedding and they were so professional, sweet, and accommodating. My husband and I hate attention and getting our photos taken so the fact they were able to loosen us up and even take photos of us was a miracle in itself. I literally was so nervous before I walked down the aisle I broke out in hives, yes it happened! However, Chelsea and Jon just kept taking amazing photos and didn't even flinch at our nervousness. Jon even went and got us drinks after our ceremony when we were taking photos to make us unwind. I mean come on, I really don't know many photographers that would do that. Also not to mention I got a pleasant surprise when I returned from my honeymoon and my pictures were in! Again I don't know many photographers who get their photos to their clients that quick. The pictures turned out amazing. They will take some traditional photos but also take very in the moment photos which we love. They captured our day to the fullest and I seriously can't stop looking at our photos :). They truly went above and beyond. For their price and full day coverage in return you really can't go wrong. And their motto that they give a shit is true and you will see that!

Profile Picture sarah , 2/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

AHH THE HONS! We loved them so so much. I am not sure where to start but I planned our wedding in about 3 months. I saw an engagement session the Hons had done a year ago and stalked their website incessantly. When I finally started the planning process I knew that photography was our biggest priority. I went on the website late one night and filled out the questionnaire. Within the first hour Brittani responded back genuinely thankful for my inquiry. Their "we give a shit" motto is no lie. They care about how you met, why you love your significant other, what makes you a couple, what your vision is for your wedding. They want to make sure this is a relationship worth investing in on both ends. My correspondence with Brittani was fun and she was always there to answer questions, give advice or just check in. It was total destiny both Jon and Brittani were up in NJ for another wedding the weekend we decided to have ours! They recommended a day of coordinator in the area (A MUST!) and were able to give recommendations on florists. They were at the venue on time and never made me feel rushed or posed. I truly despise having my picture taken, but Brittani, Jon AND Stephanie (we got 2 Hons and an associate- SO LUCKY) made my husband and I feel so comfortable. I don't know how they do it but they are creative in their photography and have this amazing ability to make you move in a photogenic natural way. There aren't any forced pictures. Taking pictures outside with the Hons for an hour was one of the favorite parts of our wedding. My husband kept talking about them (may have a man crush on Jon). They are so natural andd are able to capture the most amazing candid photos. We received our photos a week (!!!) after the wedding. I want to get married again to work with them.

Profile Picture Julia, 2/11/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

My husband and I hired one of The Hon's associate photographers, Chelsea, to capture our wedding day! I cannot say enough good things about Chelsea! She is very professional but also extremely sweet and down to earth. She made my husband and I super comfortable around her, which is important if you love those intimate pictures :) Chelsea was on time for everything the day of the wedding, which is important because the church, getting ready locations, and the reception were all in different places! She worked well with all of my other vendors and was able to capture the most beautiful pictures. I had full confidence in her and she did not disappoint! I am already planning on hiring her to shoot future family pictures- crazy, I know but that is how awesome she is that I have to have her ( and I don't even live in Orlando anymore!)! The entire process of working with The Hons and Chelsea from start to finish was so easy and stress free that I will recommend them to all of my friends! The pictures I received are just absolutely breathtaking and I will cherish them forever.

Profile Picture Kristen, 1/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

CHELSEA!!! I cannot say enough about this girl! She made my wedding day for me! She is so down to earth and amazing! She is so personable, I felt like we were best friends! She takes bomb photos too! Definitely recommend the Hons!

Profile Picture Taylor, 12/17/16, 11 Reviews