71 Reviews for The Clayton on the Park

Family Style (1)
House Beer (1)
House Liquor (1)
60 The Clayton on the Park Reviews

Clayton on the Park was the PERFECT venue for our dream wedding! We were looking for a completely indoors venue for 150 guests since our wedding was in June. Sara and Jane were amazing in helping us put our vision together by fully utilizing the space for both our ceremony and reception. They were so accommodating to all of our needs and were very responsive. We had our ceremony upstairs, which was beautiful with all of the natural light the windows let in. After the ceremony, the Clayton staff very quickly flipped the same room for our guests to enjoy cocktail hour. The dinner was beautifully prepared downstairs, and we went back upstairs for the reception and desserts. The evening flowed seamlessly! We also loved that there were so many beautiful spots for photography right outside of the venue. Our guests raved about the modern and clean space, the very friendly staff, and mostly the delicious food! We couldn't have asked for more for our special day!

Profile Picture Annie, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Parking, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor

We were married here and I can not state enough how wonderful the experience was. Everything from the food, and drinks to the security guard made the experience truly perfect and better than I could have imagined. Plus it for beautifully in our budget and we had money left over!!!

Profile Picture Katie, 3/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The entire team was a pleasure to work with. An ideal place for the modern couple to host their wedding. Wonderful inclusions, knowledgeable team and wonderful food and beverage team. If Clayton on the Park is not on your list.... it should be.

Profile Picture David, 3/25/17, 1 Review
4.2

Clayton on the Park was a beautiful and overall impressive location to host our big day at!
The food was absolutely fantastic, everything was professional and meticulously organized.
The food was absolutely delicious. We chose the sit-down meal option, which wasn't cheap, ($66 per plate if you had under 75 people), but it really helped with the formal feeling we were aiming for. The meal included 3 different passed appetizers, salad, a choice between 3 entrées, and a dessert table. It was more than enough food, and everyone loved it.
The Bridal Suite was great for our party of 7, but might be a little cramped for larger groups. The suite was off-site with many mirrors (including one full-length), a sink, a couch, shelving, and a standing divider. I was disappointed in the lack of a proper groom area. It was a curtained off space without a place to hang or store anything.
The main issue I had was with our Wedding Coordinator- we had someone from the beginning who was absolutely fantastic. She left Clayton halfway through though, and we were given Jane Frenkel instead.
Jane was pushy, trying to sell us on things we didnt want (uplighting, more expensive tablecloths, and alcohol). She would emailed us last minute on some minor things the day before the wedding and freaked out when I didn't respond immediately. She rarely responded quickly to my emails, and was stressful to deal with. Also, she didn't let us know until last minute that there would be a festival event going on in the park during our wedding- so it made parking a living hell. It really is a shame that we were stuck with her, because it dampened an otherwise fantastic experience.
Christine, our day-of coordinator, was great to work with- we highly recommend her. She was organzied, excited for us, and in control.
Overall, the venue was beautiful, the food was delicious, and space was perfect for our 60-person Wedding.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 3/5/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

The Clayton on the Park exceeding our expectations at our wedding. The space was totally different than typical wedding venues and it was beautiful! We had the ceremony upstairs, cocktail hour outside, dinner downstairs and then they transformed the upstairs from a ceremony space to a party with our live band, desserts and cake, and dance floor. We received so many comments from our guests about how they were in love with the space. And the FOOD!!! The Food was the by far the best wedding food we've ever had!!! Claire was wonderful to work with and we felt at ease as everything went smoothly. We loved the Clayton on the Park and have wonderful memories that will last forever!

Profile Picture Courtney, 2/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Clayton on the Park was unbelievably amazing! My daughter's wedding was storybook perfect at this venue. Claire Loeb and her incredible staff went above and beyond to make everything magical. The food was the best I've ever had at a wedding as Susan the chef really outdid herself. They did everything for us so we were free to really enjoy ourselves. Claire also connected us to the perfect wedding coordinator Andrea which was icing on the cake.

Profile Picture Sandy , 1/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Set Up

This place is a dream! My husband and I got married here earlier this month and it was gorgeous! The staff is incredible. Jane was our venue coordinator and she was on top of everything from beginning to end. The Clayton is so clean and modern and was the perfect backdrop to our wedding. Our friends and family had an amazing experience. We continue to receive compliments by our friends and family about the venue, the food, the bar and how much fun they had celebrating there. I highly recommend The Clayton for ANY event!

Profile Picture User7700365, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What makes for a good event venue? A space that delights your senses, inspires your vision, flexible enough to accommodate your needs, provides ease of catering, good access and nearby amenities like lodging and dining for family and guests. Good architecture is said to “transcend’ mere function, and delight the senses or imagination. The Clayton fulfilled all those qualities and more for our wedding last October.

The Clayton is a sophisticated, modern, beautifully simple, yet elegant location in the heart of old town the speaks to the urban sophistication that Scottsdale has become. Adjacent to multiple hotels, night life, restaurants, cultural and tourist attraction, our out-of-state guests and family had everything within walking distance.

The inclusive in-house catering and bar capabilities, furnishings, separate ceremony, cocktail and reception spaces of the all in one venue, were the original selling points for the Clayton. However, it was Claire and her staff that made our venue choice the best decision we could have made. Claire truly made us feel as if our wedding was the most important event of the year. We chose three distinctly different food stations for our dining option, Chefs Susan and Saville Levy blew us away with the flavor choices. The bar and wait staff left no one wanting for anything the entire evening. Our guests are still commenting how delicious the food was!

Claire’s recommended vendors all coordinated beautifully with each other and knew the venue well. Megan with the Flower Bar, helped create a unique and elegant ceremony and reception, Dave at Desert House productions gave us an ‘uber’ Scottsdale club atmosphere of our very own for the evening. I really can’t say enough about how well every one worked together.

The Clayton was such a good venue for our wedding, we are already planning and dreaming of the next event would could host there.

Profile Picture J. Steven, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Look no further! Sara was our lead contact, but everyone at The Clayton is very helpful. They allowed me to have multiple walk thrus with my family members. The food was UNBELIEVABLE! We have heard nothing but compliments about the food and the uniqueness of The Clayton. We had out-of-town guests who conveniently stayed at The Saguara and the park provided close photo opportunities.

Profile Picture Christine, 10/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

The Clayton on the Park was the perfect venue to host our wedding. The staff was very professional, responsive, and courteous. They did a great job with the drinks and the food was absolutely incredible. Claire was very helpful and available for all of our questions and concerns and was able to accommodate all of our requests. I’d highly recommend the Clayton for your event.

Profile Picture Mike and Arseña, 10/8/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Clayton was an amazing venue, and one of the most talked about parts of our amazing wedding day! People were so impressed with the food and ambience! I love the staff, and I'm grateful for all they did to make my day a great one!

Profile Picture Nikki, 6/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

CLASSY, ELEGANT AND PERFECT!
My daughter, Sara and her new husband, just had their wedding at The Clayton on the Park a couple of weeks ago and we are still in awe over how amazing everything turned out. We came all the way from San Diego to this gorgeous venue in Scottdale and our guests enjoyed a "Wedding Weekend" lounging at The Saguaro Hotel next door. The 5:30 pm ceremony upstairs with the beautiful soft grey floor and huge window overlooking the park made for stunning photographs with its perfect natural lighting and soft white tones. Katherine, the wedding coordinator was so sweet and helpful, there was no need to feel nervous at all. She told everyone where to stand, when to walk and everything went smoothly. The big staircase allowed for a spectacular grand entrance with a fantastic view for every guest. The cocktail hour on the patio was a guest favorite with the signature cocktails, beautiful white sofas and market lights overhead (came with the venue at no extra charge.) As other reviewers pointed out, the food is of fine restaurant quality. From the appetizers to the food stations, everyone raved over the taste. We comfortably fit approximately 100 guests with 10 each to a table, a sweetheart table and a dance floor. The bartenders and the food hosts were professional and courteous. I can honestly say, the night felt perfect! With all this being said, If I had to pick the main reason to choose The Clayton, I would have to say It's the "TEAM." Jane and her girls were so caring and helpful throughout the entire process. They made us feel like our event was the only event on their minds.. It's so obvious they absolutely LOVE what they do. On that final day, when everything had been planned and played out and it was time to say goodbye, we felt like we just planned a wedding with family. If you are looking for a modern, classy, unique venue, with great food, a beautiful layout and a team that treats you like they genuinely care, this is the place!

Profile Picture Victoria, 5/21/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Indoor, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Parking, Bridal Suite, Event Planning

We hosted our reception at the Clayton this May and it was simply amazing! Claire and the whole team were wonderful, responsive, and so warm. The setup was flawless and they even allowed us to try a couple of the decor components such as the large ribbon curtains prior to the date to ensure they worked. For the reception, the service was gracious and prompt, the food was fabulous, and there was not a single issue in the whole evening. Our guests have been telling us that it was by far the best food they have ever had at an event, they loved the diverse selections, and everything felt like it had been made with great love and care. As a party space, the Clayton was fantastic - We decided to host the cocktail hour on the first floor, serve dinner upstairs, and return back to the first floor for the reception/dancing/karaoke portion of the evening. Since the venue is so modern and simple, you can really make it work for whatever you want (as we did a gold dinosaur/fiesta colored wedding, we can attest to the flexibility of the space!) Overall, we could not have asked for a better venue, better service, responsiveness, and fun location. Thanks again to Claire and the whole staff!

Profile Picture Megan, 5/20/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Stations, Tastings, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Finding the perfect venue was the most difficult and tedious task, but once we found the Clayton, we knew it was the perfect venue for us. We found them online even though we had stumbled upon the venue while dining in old town a few years prior. We were surprised to find how affordable the venue was for the quality and beauty of the space compared to many other venues. We worked with Claire, who was personable, professional, patient, and highly responsive. Her attention to detail was impeccable and she always responded to our questions in a prompt manner. We utilized all 3 spaces at the Clayton: cocktail hour outside on the patio, dinner inside downstairs for 140 people and dancing/ dessert upstairs. The day was as close to perfect as you can get. Claire coordinated with all the vendors seamlessly. The service was exceptional and the food was delicious. We decided to go with the dinner stations (Roma and Cali fresh) and added the Mediterranean appetizer to cocktail hour. Our guests were stuffed and they are still raving about the food and the venue! The presentation of the drinks and food was absolutely lovely. The space itself is so sleek, modern and clean looking that it required minimal decor - just some simple centerpieces, candles and up-lighting and it looked beautiful. The staircase makes for a great bridal party entrance, and having the dancing upstairs made it feel like a club (though we still had cocktail rounds and some tables up there for drinks and dessert). Our DJ projected music videos on the walls - the space didn't need it, but it certainly added to the "cool" vibe. We were so pleased that we chose the Clayton and that we had the opportunity to work with Claire. Added words of advice from our experience: book early during wedding season and plan to have helpers at the end of the evening for cleanup of your decor/belongings. Oh, and of course choose the Clayton!

Profile Picture Merissa, 5/8/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Clayton on the Park was an amazing venue! Choosing a venue was one of the most difficult tasks in planning our wedding. When I booked with the Clayton, I had a full sense of relief, thanks to Claire Loeb, our contact there who helped us plan and organize everything. The food, service, and cocktails were top notch! I had such good feedback from my wedding guests about the venue and all it had to offer. The venue was also perfect for me since I had family in town and the amenities nearby were outstanding, being located right in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale. I would recommend The Clayton on the Park to any couple planning their wedding in the valley. Thank you to everyone at The Clayton for helping to make our wedding such a success!

Profile Picture RoseAnn, 5/7/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If your looking for a venue that is elegant and accommodating with an outstanding chef, this is the place for you. The Clayton was the only venue we reviewed prior to making our selection and we were not disappointed. Sara and The Clayton team did an outstanding job. Our guest are still talking about how wonderful everything was, from the ceremony space, patio, drinks and especially the food.

Profile Picture Jane, 5/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink

All I can say is WOW. Everything about our experience at The Clayton far exceeded our expectations. The venue was absolutely gorgeous, the food was outstanding, and the service/staff was impeccable! Claire was on top of everything, down to the smallest details and last minute changes. Our friends and family are still talking about how amazing our wedding was and how delicious the food was. Claire went above and beyond to ensure that our wedding was flawless, I cant begin to thank her enough!!! xoxo Kira & Spencer

Profile Picture Kira, 4/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Indoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

I love the Clayton! After touring countless of resorts in Scottsdale, we found this place- and fell in love!! Super Modern, awesome white versatile space! They include really nice chairs, for the reception so you don't have to worry about that, over 30 colors of linens are included you just pick! OMG and the food is made in house! They make it that day so it was super fresh and amazing!
Everyone was raving about how amazing the food was, we had passed hor d'oerves that were unboring and delicious. Claire was who our event specialist, and she went ABOVE and BEYOND all my expectations. I mean seriously, my signature cocktail was a Greyhound, we arrived at the Clayton for pictures early and she shows me this bag full of fresh picked grapefruits she picked herself from her backyard for my signature cocktail!

I about flipped out, she was unbelievably helpful, and during the dinner she checked up on us to make sure everything was perfect- it was. I mean my whole day was a dream, but this place had a lot to do with it!

I recommend it to everyone! location is phenomenal and we had our ceremony in the park so lush and green I wish I could upload photos! I wish I could have another wedding so we could do it here again seriously!

Thank you so much to Claire, and the Clayton team, made everything seamless and amazing. Everyone said it was the best wedding so fun and venue so cool!

Profile Picture Jackie, 4/9/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Tastings, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, Flatware, Linens

Claire and the staff at Clayton made planning our wedding a breeze! Claire was very organized and detailed and helped keep everything on track. I am so glad we booked with Clayton as the service, food, and venue are unbeatable! We looked at many different venues but when we walked into Clayton and met Claire, we knew this was the perfect place for us. Our wedding day was perfect and everyone commented on the uniqueness of the venue and the high quality of the food and service. Thank you Clayton and especially Claire!

Profile Picture Mimi, 2/13/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up

Perfect, Perfect!

Sara with Clayton on the Park did a fantastic job the entire time, from the initial booking, to the food tasting, to the day of the event. She was there every step of the way, and it's simply amazing how things came together at the end.

The ceremony spot was wonderful, and very conducive to our guests for them to then go through our receiving line down to cocktail hour. The patio area was a hit. We had 90 guests, our reception was on the lower level, and there was still plenty of room for dancing. All of the Clayton's staff were professional and kind, and our guests (most of whom came from out of town) had a short walk to the Saguaro hotel afterwards. Its proximity to Scottsdale old town attractions gave everyone a nice little weekend getaway. Days later we are still hearing from our guests about the fantastic time they had. Many have even said it's the best wedding they have ever been to!

Thank you, Sara, and Clayton, for giving us a day we will never forget. It was the greatest day of our lives.

Profile Picture Patrick and Meredith, 11/21/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor

Love the venue! Looking forward to our wedding in two weeks.

Profile Picture User4378351, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at the Clayton. The venue was affordable, clean, stunning, modern, and simply amazing! Their food is cooked in house, so the guests get fresh, non-catered meals from a fantastic chef. The bar was amazing, with a great beer selection. The team was very responsive, timely, and helpful. We will always recommend the Clayton on the Park to anyone who asks, it made our wedding perfect!

Profile Picture Daniel, 10/25/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Clayton and it was the most perfect venue. Besides an amazing staff, thanks Sara, the food is amazing and all of our guests could not stop raving the Clayton.

Profile Picture Colleen, 10/2/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Clayton on the Park was everything we could ask for! We actually booked this venue sight unseen since we were traveling in town from Iowa and we couldn't have been happier with the result! For one Claire, the coordinator, is amazing to work with! So professional and thorough and there for whatever questions and needs we had. We opted for a cocktail style reception with heavy appetizers and drinks flowing and lounge style seating, this venue was absolutely perfect for our vision! Our pictures we took here are so beautiful, the amount of natural light in the space makes for magazine like photos! Thank you Clayton for contributing to a perfect wedding day!
Xo!
The Osweiler's

Profile Picture Ciara, 7/18/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I knew this was the venue for us after the first showing. We were looking for something modern and fresh. The Clayton on the Park was just that, it has all white furniture and gray floors. The venue matches you... you don't have to match the venue. The wall on the back can have any color lighting on it, we had purple. We were only planning on having 100 people for our wedding which was a perfect size for the venue. I believe their max is 120 people, we only ended up having around 80 people. Claire Loeb was the one that helped us the whole time. She was amazing and we loved working with her. The wedding was absolutely perfect and I couldn't have asked for anything more! I would definitely recommend the Clayton on the Park to anyone! The food was amazing as well! Thanks Claire and the Clayton staff!

Profile Picture Xanadu, 5/30/15, 6 Reviews