The Buzzcatz Reviews

65 | Orlando, FL

65 Reviews for The Buzzcatz

• Jen

Jen · Married on 10/18/2018

Ricky Sylvia was an absolute delight to work with! In the days, weeks and months leading up to the wedding, he answered any and all questions I had with a prompt, warm and professional response. My husband and I had several specific requests for our reception and Ricky continually assured us both that everything would be taken care of.

Not only is Ricky wonderful to work with, he's also an amazing talent!! As is the rest of the band! The music they provided for our reception was top-notch and ALL our guests raved about how much they loved it! We still have people telling us how much they loved the band that day!

Thanks so much, Ricky Sylvia and the Buzzcatz! You made our wedding reception wonderfully fun and simply perfect!!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Meredith · Married on 10/20/2017

Ricky and The Buzzcatz were an absolute TREAT!

Ricky was great to work with right from the start, quick to respond and gave us lots of detailed information on our options.

The band was amazing. I can't tell you how many guests we have talked to that absolutely raved about how great The Buzzcatz were. They were engaged and fun. They played a wonderful variety of music, everything from old school dinner jazz to today's top 40. Everyone is the band is SO talented. And I mean EVERYONE loved the band- my 80 year old neighbor, and 22 year old cousin!

If you're looking to party, dine, dance to some incredible music- hire the Buzzcatz! We highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend them!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Loren · Married on 07/07/2017

Love the band it was incredible!

Sent on 01/10/2017

Alex · Married on 06/24/2017

Ricky was fantastic to work with! He was quick to respond via email and had great suggestions for the flow of the night. Our guests raved about how amazing the band was at our wedding reception. I would absolutely recommend them! We had everyone at the wedding dancing from the moment they started playing until the very end, and they kept the reception on time flawlessly.

Sent on 07/02/2017

Lisa · Married on 05/13/2017

Ricky and The Buzzcatz is always my go-to band and at the top of my referral list for my clients.
    Their professionalism and versatility with music genres is second to none, and makes my job on the planning end that much easier.
    Happy clients always make for a happy planner!

Sent on 05/31/2017

Robert · Married on 05/13/2017

Buzzcats performed at our wedding in May 2017. They were wonderful. The older folks loved them, the younger folks loved them, and they kept the dance floor rocking the entire night. They also learned our first dance songs and knocked them out of the park. Highly recommended.

Sent on 11/07/2017

Holly · Married on 04/29/2017

How does one begin to describe the amazingness of the Buzzcatz?! They made my wedding so freaking fun! Everyone, and I mean everyone, was out on the dance floor at my wedding thanks to these guys! There were multiple times where I had to look to see if it was the DJ playing or the band because they sounded so dang awesome! Ricky was also great to work with--he was very responsive, kind, and enthusiastic. He's a topnotch business guy and band leader. I highly, highly recommend the Buzzcatz. Seriously, ask any of my guests if you don't believe me. They're still talking about the "awesome band" even three weeks later!!

Sent on 05/19/2017

Martha · Married on 12/30/2016

Buzzcatz was excellent for our wedding reception. The band kept the dance floor filled the entire event. I can not count the number of people who remarked afterwards ..."how great the band was." We were a mixed group culturally, so I asked Ricky if he could help me hire a Latin DJ for in-between sets. He handled this, and the mix was just perfect.
    Just a really great experience!

Sent on 01/03/2017

Brandon · Married on 12/18/2016

We got married on 12-02-16 at Dubsdread in Orlando,FL. Ricky and the band set the tone of our wedding. Everyone from our friends to our grandparents were on the dance floor, enjoying the wide range of music the Buzzcatz had to offer. We are continuing to get rave reviews from friends and family. We've even had friends ask for the Buzzcatz' information for when they decide to get married. Our wedding night was perfect and you'd be hard press to find a band better than the Buzzcatz to help make a perfect night possible.

Sent on 12/30/2016

Kristi · Married on 11/05/2016

If you want your wedding night to be extra-special, BOOK THE BUZZCATZ! Seriously, they MADE our night and we feel beyond blessed that they were a part of our celebration. The rave reviews and comments from all of our wedding guests are still coming in... many said ours was the best and most fun wedding they'd every been to! We all LOVED the Buzzcatz - their talent, sound, energy, flawless vocals, song selections... everything was perfect. Honestly, we are so sad it's over, we're trying to find another celebration just so we can book the Buzzcatz again :)

Sent on 12/05/2016

Nikki · Married on 10/29/2016

Ricky and the Buzzcatz were amazing!! I cannot say enough great things about the Buzzcatz! We have gotten more compliments on the band from our guests than any other aspect of the wedding! I would recommend them to anyone looking to have the best band at their wedding or special event!

Sent on 11/22/2016

dave · Married on 10/01/2016

We saw the Buzzcatz at a wedding in Newport Beach, CA and immediately knew we had to have them at our wedding. Ricky was so attentive and responsive to our questions we couldn't of asked for more. If you like big band music there is no one better - the guest at our wedding are still raving about The Buzzcatz!!!

Sent on 12/27/2016

Alexandra · Married on 04/30/2016

The Buzzcatz are top notch! Ricky met with us and we pulled together a great set list for the night - he is so kind and talented, it was such a pleasure to work with him leading up to the wedding. They had a jazz trio that played during the cocktail hour that sounded great. The band is so talented and fun, everyone was on the dance floor all night long and we had such a great time! Our guests are still raving about how much they loved the band! The Buzzcatz really are the best band around!!!

Sent on 06/21/2016

Kim · event on 12/12/2015

The Buzzcatz were phenomenal! They were such a big hit with all attendees at our holiday gala. We had over 1,000 attendees and more than half stayed the entire night dancing away. We asked them to play a variety of musical selections and it worked out perfect. The dance floor was not empty all night. Not only did they play great music, but they interacted with the crowd in between the songs and each set. We have worked with many bands, but have not received as much positive feedback from attendees as we did with the Buzzcatz. In addition to the Buzzcatz being great performers, they were on-time for set-up and the program was ahead of schedule and they were ready and waiting by the stage 20 minutes early to go on - it worked out perfectly. We enjoyed working with them and are hoping to book again for our event next year!

Sent on 12/22/2015

By far the best wedding band ever! We booked the Buzzcatz after hearing them at a friend's wedding and they are absolutely excellent - great presence and band presentation, extremely professional and easy to work with, and all are EXCELLENT musicians and performers! From before we booked to the last dance the night of our wedding, the entire experience with Buzzcatz was completely easy and fun. We can't recommend them more highly or sing their praises enough! Do yourself a favor and book these cats ASAP!

Sent on 12/22/2015

Kalena · event on 11/07/2015

We held a 60s themed gala for almost 600 people and the Buzzcatz were amazing the entire night. I have never had an event that the dance floor was packed for the entire night including during dinner service. I can 100% say in all the years I have been doing events have I had such great entertainment. They played classics from the 60s and then current music to end the evening. No one wanted to leave the party! I would highly recommend them for an event or wedding!

Sent on 12/18/2015

Bottom line up front: The Buzzcatz are far and away the BEST wedding band I have EVER experienced. And I have been to a lot of weddings! From the beginning, Ricky was so helpful and would respond to my emails immediately. It almost seemed too easy throughout the process, I had no worries whatsoever and Ricky was always so excited and assuring when we would talk. I actually kept reaching out to see if he needed more and he would just say, in an exciting and happy manner, that they have it all covered and couldn't wait to share our day with us. That continued to the day of the wedding, and I didn't have to worry about one single thing. The Buzzcatz spoke to my bride and me before the wedding and even played the chorus of our first dance before everyone entered, which was an unbelievable experience. We were able to focus on us and our dance with nobody else watching. They played every song we requested at the most perfect times. Their flawless voices and instrumentals are beyond comparison. The Buzzcatz had the entire room of 200 people going wild, even relatives I have never seen dance before! I have had guests telling me nonstop since the wedding how amazing the band was and even had some say they were most definitely going to have the Buzzcatz be part of their wedding night. If you're getting married in the area, you'd be a fool not to choose the Buzzcatz!! Thank you to Ricky and the rest of the Buzzcatz, you guys were beyond outstanding!!!

Sent on 12/19/2015

Tara · Married on 08/01/2015

The Buzzcatz elevated my traditional 1950's sock hop to a whole new level. Upbeat, perfect pitch, entertaining and tons of fun. On time, responsive and extremely professional. I would use them again for much more than just a 50's band. They are THAT good! No one could ever be disappointed with the Buzzcatz.

Sent on 12/18/2015

Edward · Married on 06/20/2015

Attendance: 145
    Demographic Ages: 25 - 70
    Meadian Age: 30 - 45
    Theme: Formal/ Black Tie Optional
    Location: St. Petersburg Yacht Club; St. Petersburg, FL

What can I NOT say about Ricky Sylvia and the BUZZCATZ from our wedding on 7/20/15 in St. Petersburg, FL!?! I dont think I have ever been to a wedding where a dance circle started BEFORE the salad's were even plated. From the ability for Ricky to MC to learning very obscure requests for first dance song's; "The Last Farewell" by Roger Whittaker for Mother/Son Dance......NAILED IT!!

Ricky was readily available through text/email/phone leading up to the wedding. After Natalie and I were lucky enough to; preview the BUZZCATZ at a private event prior to our wedding, speaking with Ricky, and the comfort level we had with him, gave them "carte blanche" on the playlist and asked him to adapt to the audience as things started going. The transitions were wonderful, and breaks were taken at opportune times. Speaking of breaks, I'm not sure how much time Ricky and the group were able to enjoy their break(s), as it seemed like guests were fawning over them, which they were more than happy to oblige with open dialogue(s).

The entire experience was complete class from the bands attire, the staging, the music, and most importantly the showmanship. This was Natalie's and my vision and couldnt have dreamed of a better experience than with the Buzzcatz.

We hope that there are opportunities to see the BUZZCATZ once again at public event(s) when available, if not we may have to bring them back around for a second go next year on our anniversary!!

Sent on 07/31/2015

Joanna · Married on 04/25/2015

Where do I even start?! The Buzzcatz were absolutely amazing at our recent wedding (4/25/15)!! When my now husband and I were originally starting to look into music -- we knew we really wanted a band at our wedding. A good friend of mine told me she had just heard the Buzzcatz at a wedding and that no one wanted to stop dancing! So I went ahead and contacted the leader of the band, Ricky Sylvia. Ricky was so wonderful to work with from the very start. He promptly replied to my email and made everything so easy. As the wedding date got closer -- Ricky even met with me and my fiance one evening for more than an hour to discuss song choices and other details (and this is in spite of his busy schedule!) He and his band learned our first dance song with no questions asked and it turned out beautifully! Ricky will act as the MC for the night if you want him to -- and of course, he also does a great job with this! He is funny and keeps the guests entertained. Our guests RAVED about how amazing the Buzzcatz were and the dance floor was packed the entire night! I would HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend the Buzzcatz for anyone's upcoming wedding!! They went above and beyond what I expected!!

Sent on 05/12/2015

Andrew · Married on 02/21/2015

My wife and I were introduced to The Buzzcatz by our wedding planner. Their promotional material perfectly matched the vibe we were trying to achieve for our wedding. So the decision to hire them was easy. We expected them to be great, but we had no idea the extent of their excellence until we got on the phone with Ricky, their band leader for the first time. He was incredibly accommodating and cooperative. He even gave us pointers on how to make the party even more exciting. Not to mention, he was an all around cool guy, which is definitely a plus. Then our wedding day came. It's hard to put in to words how wonderful the band truly was. I've never been to a wedding in which the dance floor was full at all times. The Buzzcatz were firing on all cylinders. Our guests kept coming up to us and saying how awesome the band was, which made us even happier. What really made the evening is how they handled our first dance. We gave them a pretty obscure song and what we got back was an exact reproduction of the song that helped my wife and I fall in love. We couldn't have been happier. The talent and care that The Buzzcatz put into our wedding couldn't be matched. They truly made our wedding reception, the perfect party. Ricky and the band are friends for life, and that can't be stressed enough.

Sent on 03/02/2015

Liv · Married on 12/13/2014

The Buzzcatz were the best part of our wedding. Literally had the guests out on the dance floor all night from the 2nd song (after the 1st dance). All anyone can talk about is how amazing our band was and how could we have that band at our next function!! Can't say enough about how fantastic Ricky and the band were.

Sent on 12/24/2014

Julia · Married on 11/08/2014

The Buzzcatz were well received by all of the guests at our wedding, everyone had a blast! Ricky was a pleasure to work with - him and his team learned and performed the song for our first dance perfectly. The Buzzcatz played well to the crowd and took care of everything for my groom and I, we did not have to worry about a thing. Highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 11/12/2014

The Buzzcatz made our wedding unforgettable!! Everyone could not stop talking about how great they were, and we couldn't have agreed more! I wouldn't recommend anyone else but the Buzzcatz, they are simply amazing!!! The next time we are in need of a band, we will booking them!

Sent on 07/18/2014

Megan · Married on 05/03/2014

By far the BEST wedding band ever!

Hiring the Buzzcatz was one of the first decisions we made when we got engaged… we knew the band just not the location yet! We were recommended to them through family friends and weddings my parents have attended over the years. Ricky was more than helpful throughout the planning process with all of my questions!

We hired the full band and the dance floor was packed the ENTIRE night, which is exactly what my husband and I wanted! They played both modern and old school music which was perfect for us and our attendees. Ricky acted as an emcee for all the important events which was a huge help as well!

If you want to have a blast and dance the night away at your wedding book the Buzzcatz!

Sent on 05/30/2014