95 Reviews for Syracuse Makeup Artistry

Licensed (1)
Tweezing (1)
Airbrush (1)
95 Syracuse Makeup Artistry Reviews

My daughter booked Niki for her wedding party! She was on-time, prepared, incredibly nice; putting us all at ease and responding to our input! She accentuated each person's natural beauty in a very natural way. (no barbie dolls ;) All the girls looked gorgeous, and I have never felt so pretty! And my daughter, the bride, was absolutely radiant! Thank you Riki!

Profile Picture Pat, 9/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Riki and her team at Syracuse Makeup Artistry did an absolutely amazing job on the makeup for the bridal party and myself on or wedding day. They were extremely flexible in coming to our location and even staying through the ceremony and photos to do touch ups to make sure everyone looked their best! They did such an amazing job the touch ups weren’t even necessary, but it offered so much peace of mind. The girls all looked beautiful. The woman that owned the B&B we got ready at even mentioned it was the most beautiful wedding makeup she had ever seen - everyone looking glam, but natural and not too made up or fake. I can’t recommend Riki enough.

Profile Picture Meghan, 8/18/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Group Discounts, Makeup

My wedding was on April 27,2018, Riki was amazing!!! Riki was amazing!!! I cannot our into words how awesome Riki actually was!!! There is not one word I could use to describe her!! Riki is very kind and sweet! Riki knows what makes you look the best even if you’re not used to it! You need to trust her and trust what she does!! Remember you are a bride so you need that “bridal glow” that every bride has!! She will give that to you!! You will look amazing!!! She is an amazing person and will help you along the way! She will not steer you wrong and make you look and feel your best on the day you say “I do”!!! When she says her makeup will last for 24 hours it really lasts for 24 hours or longer! Well I guess it also depends on when you shower the next day but still I woke up the next morning for breakfast with our family and everyone kept commenting on how beautiful I still looked since the makeup was still on my face! It was a little less but just enough the next morning!!! I couldn’t have asked for a better makeup artist on my wedding day and of course if I need to go back to her I will only go to her and her only! Spray tan was amazing! I got it on the lightest just to give that bridal glow again and it was perfect! Everyone thought I was way darker than I actually was and they all loved the tan!! I will be getting a spray tan when we go on our honeymoon!! I also got my eyebrows waxed by Riki and they looked awesome as well!!! I’m just going to go to Riki for everything from now on!

Profile Picture Liz, 4/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I am so happy Riki was available to do mine and my bridesmaids' makeup for my wedding! I met Riki when she did my makeup for my sister's wedding and knew I had to have her! She is so talented and made everyone look gorgeous. I truly didn't have a makeup look in mind at all. I quickly found a picture on Riki's instagram that I liked, and she was able to just go off that to create a look that I LOVED and also complimented my wedding dress. Throughout the process of doing my makeup, she constantly made sure to ask if I wanted more liner, lashes, etc. So many people (including some of the guys!) made comments about how beautiful all the women looked. Thanks so much Riki!

I should also mention that all of our hair was done by Danielle Leubner (I can't find her page to review but know that her and Riki work together frequently). Danielle is AMAZING!! I decided on a classic bun and she absolutely nailed it! All my bridesmaids hair looked phenomenal as well, and many commented that it was the first time they loved their hair when being in a wedding! All of them brought her a picture of what they wanted and she was able to do it no problem even with some of the more complicated hairstyles. She was even kind enough to wait (while my mom buttoned my dress) to attach my veil. I am so so thankful for both Danielle and Riki! If you are looking for hair and makeup, look no further!

Profile Picture Victoria, 5/20/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup

Riki is AMAZING! She came strongly recommended by two of my coworkers who have been using her since they were 15 years old. She's seen one of them grow up. Also, another good friend recommend her. She actually said to me that she scheduled her wedding around Riki being available. Like this is how good Riki is. There are literally no words. We did a trial last August 2016 and since then I said I would never go to anyone else ever to do my makeup. She did my engagement session make up in October 2016 and I looked STUNNING! It's like all of the reviews say she makes you look like a better YOU! I am Hispanic and have darker skin and I was so happy that she was able to work with me perfectly. Everything looked so natural and just enhanced. It was my first time having someone do my makeup and me being absolutely head over heels. I mean I am like trying to find reasons to go back to her and have my make up done and I don't even wear make up on a regular basis. For my wedding, I ended up having Riki do my make up and the moms, my grandma and my sister. My grandma and mom do not speak English very well but Riki made them feel so comfortable, talked to them so nicely and walked them through the process. They looked so stunning. I recommend her 100%. Ladies you want Riki, you want the airbrush make up and you want the lashes!!!!! Can't wait until the fall when I have other events and get to see Riki again.

Profile Picture Diandra, 4/21/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I can't say enough good things about Riki, and I truly mean that. The first time I met her was to get a spray tan for my cousin's wedding in 2013. Not only was it my first spray tan, I was also hobbling around on crutches. Riki was so friendly and helpful (even holding my purse and the door for me on my way out, until I got myself together.) Needless to say, that was my first of many spray tans with her! She also did our makeup for my cousin's wedding, as well as a few others I have been in (including my own.) She's seriously fantastic and a true artist! She listens to her clients, makes them feel comfortable and helps them look exactly the way they want to. If I could have her do my makeup every single day, I would. She is one of the nicest and most talented people I've been fortunate enough to meet. My wedding day was honestly the best because it started off on a high note when she (as well as the rest of her team) pampered us and made us all look gorgeous. I really cannot say enough good things about her (and the fact that she sells her own makeup - and it's awesome - is the best!)

Profile Picture Caitlin, 9/17/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I first came across Syracuse Makeup Artistry when I was a bridesmaid at another wedding. Prior to that wedding, I researched the possible options that Riki would be able to do on me and once that day came, she was able to recreate that look flawlessly. I was sold then. About a year later, I used her again for my 30th birthday and once again, it was it was perfect. When the engagement happened, she was one of the first vendors I booked. It is extremely helpful that her website shows the available dates for the upcoming year so you know what you have to work with while deciding on a date. I also did a makeup trial, although I didn't need it, but she is just THAT talented where you just want it done and then go out afterwards! I brought my two moms in so they could meet her and possibly decide if they wanted their makeup done for the wedding.They were impressed and Riki made them feel comfortable by explaining the basics of the makeup and how she does things. Her tone, decorum, and personalty makes it easy to not want anyone else and her skill speaks for itself. She is a true artist with a great gift that makes you want to keep coming back. My whole wedding party looked flawless and the girls couldn't say enough about their makeup. She is well respected in the industry and her clients, including myself, admire her. It makes me so happy that I chose the best of the best, and only the best for the most important day. Thank you, Riki!

Profile Picture julia, 9/2/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Riki and Danielle are a dream team! They are as sweet and talented as can be. They did hair and make-up for me and my bridal party and everyone looked gorgeous. They are not only good at hair and make-up, but they’re passion for life, family, and their business shows right through their work. I loved working with both of them!

Profile Picture User5248143, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Group Discounts, Makeup

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Syracuse Makeup Artistry! Riki did my makeup for my engagement photos and wedding. She is extremely talented and her work is flawless! I've never felt more beautiful then my wedding day all thanks to Riki. My bridesmaids and I received so many compliments the day of. My makeup stayed put the entire day between high temperatures in the summer and a night of dancing! Danielle did my hair, and it came out better than I envisioned. She is also extremely talented and is able to create any hairstyle/updo requested. Riki and her team made us feel so relaxed getting ready which was a much needed presence on a day with so many heightened emotions. Hiring SMA is a must for your wedding if you're looking for a team that is the best in the business! Thank you again for everything Riki!!

Profile Picture Sara, 6/25/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Amazing experience! My bridal party and I never looked more beautiful. This was my second experience with Riki doing my makeup for a wedding. So I knew when it was time to plan my own wedding she was the first thing I booked after the reception hall. Riki is so easy to work with and makes you feel at ease that day. My mother in law had never had her makeup done before and after she felt like a million dollars. She was blown away at how natural it looked but how beautiful she was. I cannot say enough about her and the business that she has created. My bridal party and I had spray tans before the wedding and she made us look natural and sun kissed. Any future bride I encounter I tell them to go to SMA! They are the best around! Loved working with Riki!

Profile Picture Mary, 4/22/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I love Riki! She fit me into her very busy schedule, and though I was a pain in the butt to get a hold of (still so sorry, Riki!), she was always so sweet and professional. She gives the absolute BEST airbrush tans, so if you're hesitant, definitely give hers a try. You won't be sorry! She showed up the morning of my wedding, and did both my mother's make up, as well as mine, and I looked lovely still by the time our ceremony rolled around later in the afternoon. I danced, and got rained on.. yup! You guessed it; my make up still looked fabulous! She truly is an artist, and is one of the only make up artists I've ever completely trusted. I didn't do a consultation, where she does your make up for you initially, so that you may change or tweak anything for the big day. I didn't have to, because I trust her that much. She is so much fun to be around, and will only add to your happiness on the big day! Thank you again for making both me and my mom feel so beautiful, Riki! YOU ROCK!!

Profile Picture User4023859, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Licensed, Makeup, Tanning, Tweezing

When I first met Riki, I knew I wanted her to do my make up for my wedding!! I've followed her work ever since and when I got engaged, I ran right to her! She does amazing work, I don't always have high self esteem about myself but when she did my make up, I could not stop looking at myself!! I also want to give props to Danielle, my hair was flawless!! She does amazing work! They were both so great to work with and easy to be around!!

Profile Picture Petrina, 9/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

not only is Riki so talented at what she does, she is one of the most nicest and down to earth person I ever met! Her and Danielle made myself and my bridal party and the mothers look flawless! She really makes you look like your a celebrity! The make up feels so light and is not caked on. They were amazing ! And we're so fun to have with us while we were getting ready. Highly recommend !

Profile Picture Bianca, 9/4/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Riki and Danielle are the ultimate dream team!! They both listen closely to what you want and give you nothing less than perfection. My airbrush makeup was done flawlessly and my hair still looked perfect after 3 hours of crazy dancing. SMA went above and beyond to make sure my entire bridal party looked beautiful, and even followed us to the venue for quick touch ups before walking down the isle.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 8/16/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

I hired Danielle of SMA for my wedding day and I am so glad I did! My bridesmaids looked gorgeous and perfect in all photos, and for me, she did a very natural look that was everything I wanted. I did 2 trials with her, and she totally let me pick and choose what I wanted and didnt want. I had another trial before that where I looked like a clown! Way too heavy, and I looked awful. I was unsure if i even wanted a makeup artist for that day, but i am so happy I went with Danielle. Everything came out perfect.

Profile Picture Cortney, 8/15/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I can't say enough great things about Riki (makeup) and Danielle (hair). Being from out of town, both were extremely accommodating setting up trials. The two of them work so wonderfully together. I was hesitant to have my makeup done because I have very sensitive skin with mild rosacea. Riki assured me that the airbrushing would not bother my skin and we would be able to cover the redness. My skin was not irritated at all and everyone raved about my makeup. The entire bridal party was thrilled with how their hair and makeup turned out and thoroughly enjoyed your company on the "Day of" !! Thank you SO much.

Profile Picture User5156518, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Everyone's hair and makeup came out beautifully. Riki and Danielle were so nice and so much fun to work with. From the trials to the actual day, we just loved them! On the day of we realized we had missed scheduling some of the people for hair and/or makeup and they were super accommodating and managed to fit everyone in. We had a great experience!

Profile Picture maid, 6/5/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Riki is THE BEST! She did my makeup for my sister's wedding and I knew I had to use her for mine! She is calm, accommodating, and fun to have around on your wedding day! She made everyone in my bridal party, including myself, look and feel absolutely beautiful. She truly is amazing at what she does and I highly recommend her services for any special occasion!

Profile Picture User3890956, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Best spray tan I've ever gotten-Riki made my girls and I look totally glowing and fabulous for my wedding day! She is very professional and made everyone feel comfortable-can't beat the price either! Thanks Riki!

Profile Picture Beth, 9/27/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Riki and her team was wonderful. She made me look gorgeous for my wedding, which is no easy task!! She's so well organized and everyone looked absolutely stunning!! Will definitely use her again for any big event!!!!

Profile Picture Christie, 8/23/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Riki and Danielle were my makeup artist and hair stylist, respectively. The moment I met them for my hair and makeup trials, I knew I was in good hands. Riki's makeup is flawless. She would not let you step outside of her studio unless your face looks the best it ever has. All of my bridesmaids used her for makeup, and they kept commenting on how light and airy the airbrushing effect was, and wondering whether it would last. Let me tell you, it has staying power like no other! You'll look like you, but better. Best of all the makeup is as flexible as your day is. My makeup was applied at noon. I was hugging, kissing, crying and sweating up a storm until midnight, and that makeup not only stayed but looked great. Danielle was phenomenal with my hair. Even though we had a hair trial a few weeks earlier, I decided to change my look a few days before the wedding. To Danielle, that news was like water off a duck's back. She took it all in stride and made me look even more beautiful than I did at my original hair trial. I could not be more pleased with her talent, skill and overall friendliness. Riki and Danielle are so chill and laid back, they will add a calming effect to your day! Again, all my bridesmaids used Riki and Danielle, and so did the MOG and MOB. They had great experiences and loved the fake eyelashes. Riki and Danielle are professional, warm and talented as heck. If you want to look really, truly beautiful, book them!

Profile Picture Laura, 8/1/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Riki was absolutely amazing to work with! I had never had my makeup professionally done, and was nervous about getting it done for my wedding. I was also concerned about my makeup coming off by the end of the night, considering my wedding was partially outdoors during the summer. Riki far exceeded every expectation I had. I was beyond happy with my makeup , and it was flawless from start to finish, I honestly could not have asked for more. My entire bridal party (which consisted of a group of ladies who have never been happy when they have gotten their make-up done, and are quite fussy) also had their make-up done, and every single person could not stop saying how much they loved their makeup, they all didn't want to take it off :) . Riki is incredibly talented, her work is perfection, and I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Kristina, 7/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Riki and SMA exceeded my expectations! Riki came recommended to me by a friend and I will continue to recommend her services to future brides. Riki is extremely easy to work with, responsive, and crazy talented. I live out of town from SMA and had not met prior for a trial but Riki made me feel very comfortable throughout the process. If anyone is looking to book Riki but cannot make a trial, do not have any reservations! I typically do not wear much makeup but Riki captured exactly what I was looking for to maintain a romantic, timeless look. Riki is the only person in the area I found that did airbrush makeup (for a fair price), which I could not recommend more. Throughout the night, the makeup never altered and my skin felt light. My bridesmaids and MOG also had her services and all received so many compliments on how lovely they all looked. The other girls also expressed throughout the day and into the evening how happy they were with her services.

Profile Picture Hannah, 10/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Riki is fantastic. So calm and her artistry is stunning. She was wonderful to work with.

Profile Picture Kylee , 9/28/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

First, I really like Riki! She is very kind, fun, and so talented. She came to the hotel to do everyone's makeup, bringing an assistant with her, and they were great to have around. I hired her sight unseen because I was planning my wedding from overseas. When we finally met 5 days before the wedding for my trial run, we had already exchanged pictures and inspiration via email, and she got my style right away. I don't wear a lot of makeup day-to-day, and just wanted to look like a more polished and photogenic version of myself. After the trial run, we had our engagement photos and the makeup looked so fabulous in them! Riki's work made me feel like a princess on my wedding day, and I think my bridesmaids would 100% agree. The look was natural, classic and romantic -- just want I wanted.

Profile Picture User2212906, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews