Simply Violet Photography Reviews

58 | Greenville, SC

58 Reviews for Simply Violet Photography

• Rachel

Rachel Blumer Diazena · Married on 03/12/2020

Could not have asked for a better experience!

Oh my gosh we love April and James. They were so, so easy to work with and gave us some of the best photos I could've asked for! I think photographers should be one of the most important things you spend money on for your wedding because photos are really all you have afterwards and I am so satisfied with my experience! I already have friends asking who they were so they can keep them in mind when they have their own weddings. They felt like family during the ceremony and it was really easy to be in front of the camera with them. They are great at diffusing tension which was awesome for my husband and I - we're both a little awkward. I would 100 million trillion times recommend them to anyone in need of a photographer!

Sent on 01/30/2020

Hannah Sherbondy · Married on 03/08/2020

Invaluable BFF’s on your big day!

April and James with Simply Violet are absolutely amazing! Our engagement and wedding photos are beyond what we hoped for and we’re so thankful we chose them as our photographers. Pictures are all you have left when the wedding day is over so who you choose to capture those memories is important and we couldn’t be happier with our decision!

Sent on 05/11/2020

Kallie Karasch · Married on 12/10/2019

Perfect Fit!

I met April a couple of years ago when she shot my best friends' wedding. I am normally very awkward in pictures so typically the do not turn out very well.

April has a way of making you feel so comfortable.. I was amazing at how relaxed I was while she was shooting. Her photos are real, and capture the emotions and vibes of the day. Its like you can get a sense who the people are and what they are like by the photos she takes of them.

So when it came to my wedding I knew I wanted her! We did the package deal with an engagement shoot as well as the wedding day shots. I highly recommend this.

The day of our wedding was perfect! April, in true April fashion, was a ninja running all around but never really being seen, managing to get the most perfect shots all throughout the day.

She is a precious human and I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 01/31/2020

Caitlin Dixon-Scott · Married on 12/07/2019

Photographers Extraordinaries

If you want to feel like your wedding photographers are friends attending your wedding, then Simply Violet Photography is for you! April and James were so fun to have at our wedding. They were able to get so many intimate pictures without being intrusive or disturbing to the ceremony or reception. They were able to get through family pictures in ten minutes, which is a miracle in itself. They also work around your individual scheduling and make you feel special on your special day. In all the weddings I’ve been a guest or been an attendant at, Simply Violet is the best I have ever dealt with.

Sent on 02/09/2020

Laura Jeroszko · Married on 11/23/2019

They are amazing!

It was a joy to have April do our engagement and wedding photos. She is so easy to work with, down to earth and incredibly talented. Both my husband and I feel a bit awkward when having our picture taken, and she made it so easy that we barely noticed the camera. Because of this, they truly captured our personalities and the pictures are beautiful, full of emotion and genuine. They also did a wonderful job capturing every detail of our day and the joy of our guests. I couldn't be happier with our photos or the decision to pick Simply Violet!

Sent on 01/23/2020

Katherine · Married on 10/19/2019

Absolutely amazing

April and James are the best. From our engagement shoot to our wedding, they blew us away. They were so helpful planning the timeline for our day and kept me stress free as it looked like it would rain on our day. They are so much fun to work with and help you feel at ease if you are uncomfortable in front of the camera. The pictures they took were absolutely stunning. I cannot say enough great things about them, and I would recommend them to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 11/29/2019

Cara Martini · Married on 11/11/2018

Simply Violet is the best!

We loved our experience with Simply Violet Photography! April and James took amazing photos and were so fun to spend time with! They made us feel relaxed and comfortable in front of the camera. We are so happy we decided to hire them for our wedding and engagement photos.

Sent on 12/18/2018
  • Kat

Kat Baab · Married on 11/10/2018

Hire simply violet!

Working with April was so easy and fun! My husband and I are somewhat awkward in front of a camera, but April made it so comfortable for us and our photos are gorgeous! She captured not only our personalities, but the personalities of our family and friends so perfectly! If you're looking for captured moments and emotions, I highly recommend Simply Violet Photography!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Katie · Married on 11/10/2018

Great Experience!

We loved working with James and April. Our engagement session was great, but our wedding photos were even better. They were excellent at capturing every moment, and the online photo hosting is very convenient.

Sent on 12/31/2018

Watch your story unfold - as told by Simply Violet

Choosing April and James as our wedding photographers was one of the easiest and best decisions we ever made. Every photo reflects their immense skill, attention to detail and passion for their craft. Not only are they ridiculously talented, but they are professional AND an absolute joy to work with! They treat you like the real people you are, not just another client.

Thanks to them, we were so relaxed and natural in front of the camera and had a great time shooting our engagement and wedding sessions. On our wedding day they were punctual, mindful of our timeline and knew how to efficiently use our venue to get photos better than we could imagine. Our friends and family were blown away by the quality of our photos and praised their work. We are so glad we got to share such special moments with April and James!!! Thank you!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Violet Garrett · Married on 09/29/2018

April+James= Perfection

I remember meeting April of SimplyVioletPhotography by chance at a wedding expo in Asheville. I was drawn by the name and stayed around to meet her after viewing her booth/display. She was different from the other photographers we met that day...she came across more like an artist who really loves “love” and we just clicked. I gave her my contact info in hopes of winning her free engagement photo shoot but knew even if we didn’t win it, this may be “the one”. I think she felt it too.

Not only did we win the photo shoot but we were able to have them as our official wedding day photographers...and they were amazing!!!

Team AJ made every guest feel comfortable and confident- it shows in every photo. When we got our photos back, we had over 500 candid and posed shots of every person. Looking thru our photos instantly takes us back to that special day.
    They were always patient and understanding...from my insecurities to maintaining our timeline- they were professional, friendly and truly cared about us and their work.
    I can’t thank them enough for everything they did. And I look forward to working with them again!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Monica · Married on 06/23/2018

April and James were such a delight to work with on our special day! They were super professional, accommodating, and incredibly creative. I was in complete disbelief when I saw the finished product. The photos were the most beautiful collection of moments I’ve ever seen. The editing was just true perfection. Thank you both so much and keep up the amazing work!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Roxanne Albert · Married on 06/09/2018

They’re AMAZING! hire them ASAP

We found Simply Violet at a wedding vendor event in Asheville I attended alone without my husband. I instantly fell in love with them because of their beautiful display at their booth. It screamed everything I wanted in my wedding, fun, outdoors, and rustic. When I talked to April she gave me her card and explained their photography style of candid photos and I knew they would be a top contender for our wedding. When my husband saw their card and then saw their website he didn’t need any convincing at all to hire them. We are not a couple who loves to take tons of posed photos and are awkward in front of a camera but their candid photography style was exactly what we were looking for!
    We booked them for an engagement session and our wedding!
    During our engagement session there was a storm approaching in the distance that we could see, but this didn’t scare or worry April or James at all! They were still down to shoot and that storm in the background of some of our photos is what makes them so beautiful to us.
    We ended up having to reschedule our wedding and changing the date due to a military obligation but They were so accommodating and Understanding of the situation!
    When our big day was finally approaching April and I were planning the timeline but because we were getting married in downtown Asheville, there wasn’t enough time to get some wedding photos up in the mountains like we wanted. So she had mentioned doing an after day photoshoot in the mountains to get all the awesome adventurous photos that fit our personality without an added stress on the actual wedding day. This was the perfect option. We were able to relax on the day of and just enjoy time with our family and friends and April and James being like ninjas in the background getting all the amazing candid photos of our wedding day, but then still getting the amazing photos of us in our wedding attire up on a mountain top. I HIGHLY recommend Simply Violet to everyone I know as photographers. They are an awesome fun couple who are always willing to go on adventure while getting great photos without making you feel awkward and posed.

Ps we loved them so much they even did our maternity photoshoot! I am sure we will be using them for every photo opportunity they will let us!

Sent on 05/07/2019

Camillia · Married on 05/31/2018

Simply Violet was absolutely amazing! Of course the pictures were fantastic but above that, all of the smiles were genuine because of they're brilliant ideas. They kept us laughing and loving the time we had. They even got the party started before they headed out! I have already recommended them to anyone who will listen and I will continue to do so!!

Sent on 08/30/2018

Jessica · Married on 05/06/2018

Great people to work with, with amazing photos to remember our big day with!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Janna · Married on 05/05/2018

You will not be disappointed if you hire these guys. Best decision I made going with Simply Violet Photography.

Sent on 09/06/2018

Mary Kate · Married on 01/27/2018

Best decision we made for our wedding!

Simply Violet is amazing! They were great to communicate with and made the process seamless. Their work is incredible and we plan to use them for all of our photography needs in the future. Could not have chosen a better pair to document our big day!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Caitlin · Married on 11/11/2016

Choosing April and James as our photographers was one of the BEST parts about our whole wedding experience. Not only are they insanely talented, attentive, and kind, but they are also hilarious! They helped make our wedding such a carefree and enjoyable experience. Our pictures are absolutely stunning, and you will love how their photography makes you feel. Sometimes, I wish we could host another wedding just to have the opportunity to have pictures done with them again. That is, so long as someone else will do the rest of the planning. ;)

Sent on 12/28/2016

Sara · Married on 10/22/2016

We hired Simply Violet Photography to do our engagement session and photograph our entire wedding day. Doing so was absolutely, without a doubt, the single best wedding-related decision that we made. April and James were wonderful from the very beginning, and they captured my husband and I looking happy and in love and completely like ourselves (never stiff or overly posed). All of our friends and family have repeatedly told us that ours are some of the most beautiful wedding photos they have ever seen. We could not agree more.

Sent on 12/29/2016

Mary · Married on 10/15/2016

April and James are spectacular. We can't praise them enough - superior quality photos, fantastic attitudes, seamless teamwork, and a true joy to be around! It's clear they put their heart and soul into their work. Our wedding was taken outdoors, with many different lighting situations - twilight, clouds, very low light outdoors, high ceilings, shiny things, lasers - despite it all, they prevailed. Our photos are gorgeous, they truly captured every part and every emotion of the day perfectly. Bravo and endless gratitude to you both for taking us on and making these memories with us!!!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Shelby · Married on 09/10/2016

They capture real emotion. Sounds simple enough, but it truly is an art form that they have perfected. April and James will make your day so incredibly special, and beyond that they will provide you with the most gorgeous memories to treasure for a lifetime. If you are looking for gorgeous soft lighting and the skill to make laughs and tears fall from the photographs into the hearts of viewers of your pictures you need Simply Violet. We can't imagine a major life moment without these two with us to help capture it.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Emilie · Married on 06/04/2016

Hire them,
    Sounds simple enough, but their true value you will understand when you're on the plane to your honeymoon and you realize just how perfectly they became part of your day. How they helped guide your day in formal portraits + how they became part of the party. Not to even mention HOW AMAZING THEIR PHOTOS ARE!!!!!!!!!!!! They have such a beautiful style that captures their couples so well. Hiring them was the BEST descison I ever made. I'm a wedding photographer myself, and I got asked no less than 150 times who did I trust to shoot my own wedding, and with NO hesitation at all it was always April + James. It was so nice to not even once think or worry about the photos that day. Especially for me. Thank you for making all
    My dreams come true, and giving me memories to last a lifetime!!!!! Love you both so much!!!!!

Sent on 06/10/2016

Jessie · Married on 04/09/2016

Eric & I searched high and low for photographers who could capture the realness of our big day & Simply Violet provided that and more. April & James made our wedding party and guests feel like they've been in our lives a lifetime.

Once we received the link to view our photographs my husband and I looked through them and got the joy of living our wedding again... That's how great the photos are:)
    We have no regrets and would/will hire simply Violet again

Sent on 06/24/2016
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 10/24/2015

Two of the most amazing people I've ever met! They know how to capture the most important moments. We wouldn't recommend any other photographers!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Tory · Married on 10/17/2015

April and James could not have been better on our day! They were almost like family by the time of the wedding. Everything was spectacular. And the pictures.... WOW. No words can describe how beautifully they captured our day.

Sent on 06/11/2016