Simply Violet Photography Reviews

Simply Violet Photography 5
Simply Violet Photography 6
Simply Violet Photography 7

Cara Martini · Married on 11/11/2018

Simply Violet is the best!

We loved our experience with Simply Violet Photography! April and James took amazing photos and were so fun to spend time with! They made us feel relaxed and comfortable in front of the camera. We are so happy we decided to hire them for our wedding and engagement photos.

• Kat

Kat Baab · Married on 11/10/2018

Hire simply violet!

Working with April was so easy and fun! My husband and I are somewhat awkward in front of a camera, but April made it so comfortable for us and our photos are gorgeous! She captured not only our personalities, but the personalities of our family and friends so perfectly! If you're looking for captured moments and emotions, I highly recommend Simply Violet Photography!

Simply Violet Photography 8
    Simply Violet Photography 9
    Simply Violet Photography 10
    Simply Violet Photography 11
    Simply Violet Photography 12

Katie · Married on 11/10/2018

Great Experience!

We loved working with James and April. Our engagement session was great, but our wedding photos were even better. They were excellent at capturing every moment, and the online photo hosting is very convenient.

Simply Violet Photography 13
    Simply Violet Photography 14
    Simply Violet Photography 15
  • User7949635 · Recently married

Watch your story unfold - as told by Simply Violet

Choosing April and James as our wedding photographers was one of the easiest and best decisions we ever made. Every photo reflects their immense skill, attention to detail and passion for their craft. Not only are they ridiculously talented, but they are professional AND an absolute joy to work with! They treat you like the real people you are, not just another client.

Thanks to them, we were so relaxed and natural in front of the camera and had a great time shooting our engagement and wedding sessions. On our wedding day they were punctual, mindful of our timeline and knew how to efficiently use our venue to get photos better than we could imagine. Our friends and family were blown away by the quality of our photos and praised their work. We are so glad we got to share such special moments with April and James!!! Thank you!

Violet Garrett · Married on 09/29/2018

April+James= Perfection

I remember meeting April of SimplyVioletPhotography by chance at a wedding expo in Asheville. I was drawn by the name and stayed around to meet her after viewing her booth/display. She was different from the other photographers we met that day...she came across more like an artist who really loves “love” and we just clicked. I gave her my contact info in hopes of winning her free engagement photo shoot but knew even if we didn’t win it, this may be “the one”. I think she felt it too.

Not only did we win the photo shoot but we were able to have them as our official wedding day photographers...and they were amazing!!!

Team AJ made every guest feel comfortable and confident- it shows in every photo. When we got our photos back, we had over 500 candid and posed shots of every person. Looking thru our photos instantly takes us back to that special day.
    They were always patient and understanding...from my insecurities to maintaining our timeline- they were professional, friendly and truly cared about us and their work.
    I can’t thank them enough for everything they did. And I look forward to working with them again!

Simply Violet Photography 16
    Simply Violet Photography 17
    Simply Violet Photography 18
    Simply Violet Photography 19

Monica · Married on 06/23/2018

April and James were such a delight to work with on our special day! They were super professional, accommodating, and incredibly creative. I was in complete disbelief when I saw the finished product. The photos were the most beautiful collection of moments I’ve ever seen. The editing was just true perfection. Thank you both so much and keep up the amazing work!

Simply Violet Photography 20

Camillia · Married on 05/31/2018

Simply Violet was absolutely amazing! Of course the pictures were fantastic but above that, all of the smiles were genuine because of they're brilliant ideas. They kept us laughing and loving the time we had. They even got the party started before they headed out! I have already recommended them to anyone who will listen and I will continue to do so!!

Simply Violet Photography 21
    Simply Violet Photography 22
    Simply Violet Photography 23
    Simply Violet Photography 24

Jessica · Married on 05/06/2018

Great people to work with, with amazing photos to remember our big day with!

Janna · Married on 05/05/2018

You will not be disappointed if you hire these guys. Best decision I made going with Simply Violet Photography.

Caitlin · Married on 11/11/2016

Choosing April and James as our photographers was one of the BEST parts about our whole wedding experience. Not only are they insanely talented, attentive, and kind, but they are also hilarious! They helped make our wedding such a carefree and enjoyable experience. Our pictures are absolutely stunning, and you will love how their photography makes you feel. Sometimes, I wish we could host another wedding just to have the opportunity to have pictures done with them again. That is, so long as someone else will do the rest of the planning. ;)

Sara · Married on 10/22/2016

We hired Simply Violet Photography to do our engagement session and photograph our entire wedding day. Doing so was absolutely, without a doubt, the single best wedding-related decision that we made. April and James were wonderful from the very beginning, and they captured my husband and I looking happy and in love and completely like ourselves (never stiff or overly posed). All of our friends and family have repeatedly told us that ours are some of the most beautiful wedding photos they have ever seen. We could not agree more.

Mary · Married on 10/15/2016

April and James are spectacular. We can't praise them enough - superior quality photos, fantastic attitudes, seamless teamwork, and a true joy to be around! It's clear they put their heart and soul into their work. Our wedding was taken outdoors, with many different lighting situations - twilight, clouds, very low light outdoors, high ceilings, shiny things, lasers - despite it all, they prevailed. Our photos are gorgeous, they truly captured every part and every emotion of the day perfectly. Bravo and endless gratitude to you both for taking us on and making these memories with us!!!

Shelby · Married on 09/10/2016

They capture real emotion. Sounds simple enough, but it truly is an art form that they have perfected. April and James will make your day so incredibly special, and beyond that they will provide you with the most gorgeous memories to treasure for a lifetime. If you are looking for gorgeous soft lighting and the skill to make laughs and tears fall from the photographs into the hearts of viewers of your pictures you need Simply Violet. We can't imagine a major life moment without these two with us to help capture it.

Emilie · Married on 06/04/2016

Hire them,
    Sounds simple enough, but their true value you will understand when you're on the plane to your honeymoon and you realize just how perfectly they became part of your day. How they helped guide your day in formal portraits + how they became part of the party. Not to even mention HOW AMAZING THEIR PHOTOS ARE!!!!!!!!!!!! They have such a beautiful style that captures their couples so well. Hiring them was the BEST descison I ever made. I'm a wedding photographer myself, and I got asked no less than 150 times who did I trust to shoot my own wedding, and with NO hesitation at all it was always April + James. It was so nice to not even once think or worry about the photos that day. Especially for me. Thank you for making all
    My dreams come true, and giving me memories to last a lifetime!!!!! Love you both so much!!!!!

Jessie · Married on 04/09/2016

Eric & I searched high and low for photographers who could capture the realness of our big day & Simply Violet provided that and more. April & James made our wedding party and guests feel like they've been in our lives a lifetime.

Once we received the link to view our photographs my husband and I looked through them and got the joy of living our wedding again... That's how great the photos are:)
    We have no regrets and would/will hire simply Violet again

• Kristen

Kristen · Married on 10/24/2015

Two of the most amazing people I've ever met! They know how to capture the most important moments. We wouldn't recommend any other photographers!

Tory · Married on 10/17/2015

April and James could not have been better on our day! They were almost like family by the time of the wedding. Everything was spectacular. And the pictures.... WOW. No words can describe how beautifully they captured our day.

• Y

Yvette · Married on 10/10/2015

I first met April and James when they were photographers for my brother's wedding. They were so fun and the pictures were amazing and I knew when I got engaged that they would be the first choice for our wedding. I'm not very comfortable with a camera in my face but they made it relaxed and fun which brought out our personalities. They have a true eye for catching the perfect moments and feelings. They kept us calm and focused on the reason for the day. I couldn't say enough good things about them! Would TOTALLY recommend!

• F

Franklin · Married on 10/02/2015

April and James were amazing. They shot our engagement, bridals, and wedding. The engagement and bridals are absolutely amazing and though we have only seen a few pics on the camera our wedding night. We know they will be amazing as well!! Highly recommend them. They make getting pictures taken easy and comfortable! They capture all emotions and really are talented!!

Nichole · Married on 07/26/2015

Shortly after getting engaged, I happened across Simply Violet through wedding wire. I had talked to several photographers, and was still weighing my options. Three months after we got engaged, my fiance was in a motorcycle accident and fractured his spine. From the time I told April about the accident until mid summer, April was constantly checking to see how Austin was doing. She showed true concern and never once asked me to make a decision on photography. When we decided to elope in July (with a week to plan) instead of our planned October wedding to save money, April made sure to be there for the smaller event and was so very excited for us! Not only that, but she was able to work with our now very limited budget because of our circumstances. They were always quick to respond, really take the time to get to know you. While shooting us at our elopement, April was professional, quick, and covered every shot we could have wanted. Our photos are AMAZING! Not one moment missed. I would highly recommend Simply Violet. Not only will you get great photographers, you will gain friends as well!!!

Alexis · Married on 06/20/2015

Simply Violet Photography is seriously THE BEST. I feel so fortunate that we connected and that they were available to document our special day. Their work is creative, emotional, beautiful, real, and raw. As a professional team, James and April are top notch. They know exactly what they're doing and have a true gift at making the bride and groom feel completely comfortable at all times -- and with this they capture the magic of the real emotions. Bottom line, these guys are awesome and I would highly recommend them to anyone!!! So much gratitude for April and James!!!!

Katie · Married on 06/06/2015

We could not have asked for better wedding photographers for our Charleston, SC wedding in June. April and James were awesome to work with and our pictures turned out amazing. With both photographers, there were so many great shots from multiple angles. They kept us laughing and took a lot of candid shots that we absolutely love. They were also very entertaining and super easy to work with. We highly recommend April and James at Simply Violet Photography.

Mollie · Married on 05/16/2015

April and James with Simply Violet Photography were a dream come true!! They were so easy to work with and nice. They made our sessions fun and we always joked around. We had a great experience and I highly recommend them to anyone that is looking for a great photographer.

April and James were a blast to work with. They captured everything including engagement, bridal portraits, rehearsal dinner and wedding day. They were fun and enjoy their work. They go with the flow and are super flexible. They have a knack for engaging couples and getting both people to relax and enjoy the shoot. It took a little longer than I expected to get photos back, but when I did they were gorgeous! I would definitely work with these guys again if given the opportunity. They are AWESOME!

Kelly · Married on 01/03/2015

April and James from Simply Violet Photography were SO much fun! They made us feel totally at ease and definitely had us relaxed and laughing all day. They braved a cold, rainy day, getting themselves soaked for the perfect shots. They did not let the weather dampen their vision. The compliments we have gotten on our pictures include such things as "I think these are the most beautiful wedding photos I've seen" and "Such atmospheric photos!" We could not have been more pleased with the attitudes, professionalism, and quality of work of Simply Violet Photography, and all at a completely reasonable rate. I would highly recommend them to anyone for any event!