Sandals Montego Bay Reviews

Sandals Montego Bay 7
  • Givita

Givita Griffin · Married on 08/22/2019

Sandals Montego Bay

Sandals went above and beyond to make my wedding day fabulous! The staff was so friendly and attentive! The attention to little details was amazing!

Sent on 09/15/2019
    Sandals Montego Bay 15
  • Lisa

Lisa Sante · Married on 07/22/2019

We loved Sandals Mobay!

I can’t say enough good things about this place! Our “wedding moon” was amazing!

Sent on 08/09/2019
    Sandals Montego Bay 16

Ashley · Married on 05/17/2019

Perfect Honeymoon Location!

We absolutely loved our time at this Sandals resort. This was our first time at an all-
    inclusive resort and we’d absolutely do another after this experience. For anyone
    wondering about whether an all-inclusive is worth it, trust us. It is! We spent a full week
    here and each day there was a new adventure waiting for us. The resort does a great job with making a lot of activities available without any extra fees while also making it easy to sign up for paid excursions. With all the places to eat at, you never had to worry about going hungry or not having an option for food. They have 3 large bars positioned around the resort so that no matter where you are, it’s a short walk to one. Plus, they have staff walking around the beach, making sure you are doing well. Speaking of the staff, they are super friendly and make you feel at home while you’re on the resort. Two in particular helped make our stay unforgettable. Javada and Rejesh are two of the funniest guys you’ll ever meet and they led the entertainment on the resort. Each night there was some kind of activity or game that made everyone laugh and enjoy themselves.

Sent on 06/04/2019

Mollie · Married on 08/19/2017

Wow! What an amazing venue and very reasonable. I couldn’t ask for a better beach wedding expierence!! So many compliments!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Jill · event on 12/27/2015

Great place to vacate! I recommend the rooms with the bathtubs on the balconies.

Sent on 01/14/2016

Cristina · Married on 08/09/2015

Most amazing wedding ever. In my wildest dreams I could not have imagined a wedding this fabulous. Soshanna and her staff for the wedding were the best!! They made sure that our large-for-a-destination wedding party were on time and they made sure that everything went off without a hitch. As the bride I did not have to worry one second about anything. They were absolutely wonderful. I would suggest all my unmarried friends to get married here!!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Jenny · Married on 12/13/2014

Kennedy, Warren, Camille, Jennifer, and Melissa made our wedding perfect

Sent on 12/30/2014

Jennifer · Married on 11/03/2013

The sandals resort was wonderful. My wedding was a dream come true and I didn't have to lift a finger to do anything. This romantic setting allowed me and my husband to rediscover each other. Thank you!

Sent on 11/14/2013

Jody · Married on 06/21/2013

Sitting in MBJ and already have to rave about Sandals Montego Bay. Upon arrival we received and immediate upgrade to a honeymoon suite with Ocean Views. The whole resort staff was so polite and friendly the whole week. Hartlon Grey and the rest of the resort playmakers made our nights fun and full of entertainment. He became our new best friend. Food is delicious, and plenty of bartenders so you're not waiting for drinks. Definitely book the Reggae Cruise and Zipline @ White Witch, super fun and rightly priced. Best honeymoon we could've booked for what we got!

Sent on 07/02/2013
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/20/2012

We booked our honeymoon through Sandals Montego Bay resort. I have never had such a wonderful vacation! We will be going back for our 1 year anniversary. They take care of everything and it is so beautiful and relaxing. I would recommend bringing your own shampoo and conditioner, sunblock, razor and shaving cream because those items are very expensive at the resort. Also, buy your gifts and alcohol to take back home at the airport, its much cheaper.

Sent on 01/17/2013

Tessa · Married on 04/21/2012

This was our first Sandals experience, and we LOVED it! Montego Bay seemed to be the younger party resort of the three in Montego Bay (Royal Caribbean and Carlisle are the other two), and I think we picked the right one for us. Everyone at the resort was super nice, the food was great, the service was great, the excursions were fun...it was just all around wonderful. We didn't want to come home!

Advice...

If you book your flights through Sandals - they don't give the airline your phone number in case something happens to your flight. They give the airline the automated Sandals number, which isn't helpful. Our first flight was cancelled, and that caused some issues, so my advice would be to book your own flights because they're the same price if you book through Sandals or the airline itself.

Also, you aren't supposed to be able to check in until 3pm. If you're aware of that ahead of time, it's not as stressful to have to wait several hours for a room. We arrived around 10am and didn't get a room until around 2pm (still an hour before check in), which was okay with me given the abundance of food and drinks, but my husband got a little irritated with it (probably due to flight issues earlier as well). So either plan your flights accordingly for your check in time, or just be aware that you'll have to wait.

Sent on 05/22/2012
  • F

Stephanie · Married on 04/24/2010

Best wedding and honeymoon ever! Everything was stress and worry free. My friend and her husband were guests. They had such a great time that they are thinking about renewing their vows there, instead of the big wedding they initially planned. It was the most awesome experience ever!

Sent on 05/27/2010

Erin · Married on 10/04/2008

Our beach wedding in Montego Bay was absolutely perfect. I especially recommend the photography service, which was very professional and the pictures were stunning. This Sandals resort is right near an airport, so you will hear air traffic daily, but it's not a busy airport, so you get used to it quickly and the rest of the resort will make you quickly forget the occasional noise.

Sent on 04/27/2012
  • O

Osha · Married on 09/29/2008

Made our expericence easy, enjoyable, and relaxing. Would not have done it any other way.

Sent on 10/05/2008

Carrie · Married on 11/29/2005

This destination wedding was wonderful! We paid $4000 for 10 days and it included our ceremony, cake, airfare, and it was at an all inclusive resort. We absolutely LOVED it!

Sent on 09/29/2008

3.0

I got married at this resort last month (and had approximately 50 people attend) and I cannot say enough great things about having my wedding there, the on site wedding planning team, and everyone at the resort. I had a terrible experience with my travel agent prior to the wedding so I arrived at the resort stressed, anxious, and prepared for the worst. Venecia was my on site wedding planner and she eased my mind right away. She answered every one of my questions before I asked and bent over backwards to make sure that our day was all we had hoped for and more. I wish I could have worked with Venecia to plan the wedding the entire time! My wedding was beyond my expectations and I was taken back by how amazing the on site team was! Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/14/2012

Lovereen · Married on 10/18/2008

3.5

we had a steel drum band play at our reception and dinner...it was great!!! they played well---but didnt know the names of any songs so we couldnt ask them to play anything --- we just listend to whatever they wanted to play.

Sent on 11/07/2008

Adriane · Married on 06/08/2013

3.0

They made sure my wedding was beautiful in every way.

Sent on 08/05/2013

Kandyce · Married on 07/07/2018

4.2
      3.5

We had our honeymoon here. It is definitely the best of the there Sandals resorts in Montego Bay. Food was amazing, rooms & pool were clean, and service was good. Entertainment was okay, I wish they had more going on especially as it gets later. You will meet a lot of honeymooners and meeting other couples was the best part. We were supposed to get a honeymoon package but even after reminding them we never received it.

Sent on 07/22/2018

3.8
      3.5

My husband and I loved the resort!! It was really nice and majority of the staff were friendly (others were a bit rude). Management was great and the food was decent... Only complaint we had is we wanted more Jamaican food lol.

Sent on 08/21/2013
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 11/17/2018

3.2

Photography provided was terrible

Sandals photography 0 out of 5 stars. Sandals wedding I give 10 stars out of 5. I could not say how beautiful the ceremony was and the reception. I sent them example pictures of what I wanted the ceremony and reception to look like and it looked even better than I could of ever imagine. The food was great and the DJ was awesome. Sherry Jo was the most amazing wedding coordinator I could’ve have ever asked for. I had the most beautiful wedding that words cannot explain how were terrible the photography was (Mike). The photography process starts with Sandals giving you a questionnaire of what is most important to you for your photos- well don’t bother because the guy doesn’t read it anyways. Example 1. To the manager and in the comment section I described that this is a group of people that needs direction, we need to be told what to do. No direction was provided. The family photo was and is tragic. The people who paid for this wedding do not have a simple photograph. My father was three inches from the rest of the family, you could completely crop him out if you wanted. All the photographer had to do was tell my dad to move in closer and put his arm around my grandma. Example 2- Pictures of my veil were most important. I directed all veil shots, the photographer didn’t even capture the veil during the ceremony while I stood up there for 20+ minutes. Example 3- I wrote I do not need pictures of the wedding signing during the ceremony- thanks for all those pictures Mike. Example 4- We requested a group shot of everyone attending the wedding. The photographer wouldn’t direct anyone where to stand or anything all he would say was, “If you can’t see me I can’t see you.” Well everyone could see him but their faces were blocked by other people heads so that phrase does not make sense. Eventually I requested a new group photograph because I felt uneasy about the one the photographer directed. My photo was way better and I am terrible at photos which makes me wonder if this is Mike’s hobby or his job? Oh did I mention before the wedding the manager Jermaine Banton told me Mike was his BEST person. All of his mistakes were extremely simple fixes- what I would consider as common sense moving closer, tilt your head, smile. After I saw the pictures you could imagine my devastation the manager Jermaine Banton attempted to make it better by saying we could redo the shoot tomorrow. OBVIOUSLY this is impossible since I’m not going to pay $800 for hair and makeup for everyone in my family again -the moment was lost. Jermaine offered to setup photos for free which is OK but much rather have a decent family photo then a picture of a table or chair. Jermaine said he would edit my family photo to mover my dad in closer but we will see if he follows through if he does with success I will update the review. Here is my tip- pay the $100 guest pass fee and hire an outside photographer because Sandals photography is a joke, a money scam, and have untrained personal.

Sent on 11/25/2018