Russell Martin Photography Reviews

27 | Ocala, FL

27 Reviews for Russell Martin Photography

My husband and I hired Russell for our engagement shoot and we were so happy with how the pictures came out. Russell was great to work with; he made us feel comfortable and helped us not look awkward. Because of the great job he did for the engagement shoot, we hired him for our wedding. I am waiting on the pictures, but he already sent us a preview and they are better than I could have imagined.

Sent on 02/11/2015

Katharine · Married on 11/01/2014

Russell captured beautiful images that will evoke special memories of my daughter's wedding for years to come. He exceeded her expectations while being calm and noninvasive during her ceremony. He did an excellent job capturing her horses and dog...including shots that brought their personalities to light....during both the engagement photo shoot and the wedding. Love his work.

Sent on 11/18/2014

Mara · Married on 05/25/2014

If it would be possible to give 10 stars to Russell Martin photography we would. He did both our engagement photos as well as our wedding. We knew going into planning the wedding that having the best photographer was one of the most important things to us. The flowers die, guests leave but it's the pictures that last forever. Russell and his wife Amber were fantastic! They are located in Ocala but are happy to travel. Not only is he one of the most talented photographers I have ever had the pleasure of working with, he is easy going and accommodating as well. He made sure that we had every pose/prop/person that we had requested. He knew the best locations and lighting to maximize our photo shoots. I would highly recommend Russell Martin Photography for any professional photos needed! It was worth every penny and we will cherish the photos for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 06/09/2014

Brittany · Married on 05/10/2014

I can honestly say that I was the worst bride ever...(my poor mother:/) From my indecisiveness to not handling stress, whatsoever, I can only say that my photographer wasn't a worry at all! Since we had the very best photographer in Ocala I was rest assured that my photos were going to be the best and which they were exactly that! Russell helped us so much from picking out a great location for our engagement photos to telling me where to put my hands!! HAHA! Russell is the best! :)

Sent on 09/29/2014

Russell did a fantastic job. Prior to the big day, he was extremely accessible the entire time, always took the time to answer any and all questions we had and checked in frequently. On the day of the wedding, he arrived early, explained every shoot to us before he did and the pictures turned out so well. We are so pleased we went with Russell and cannot recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Jessica · Married on 11/02/2013

The first question I’m asked about our wedding day when looking at our pictures with friends and family is, “These photos are stunning! Who was your photographer?” There are so many things all going on at the same time on your wedding day, and as a bride, you are trying to control everything to make sure nothing goes wrong. One thing I can say I didn’t worry about were pictures. I was so pleased and confident with our choice in Russell and Amber to capture our special day. They were very organized; they had asked us prior to our wedding day to create a list of people/events that we really wanted captured. Not once did they make me feel awkward or like I couldn’t be myself. In fact, they blended right into the entire day, almost as though they were a part of the bridal party. Amber was awesome at helping me carry my dress (it was big!) while taking pictures outside, and Russell had a way of getting people to relax. Overall, our pictures turned out amazing!

Sent on 09/18/2014

Jamie · Married on 11/02/2013

As the groom, there wasn’t much that my bride left in my hands to do…and I’m not complaining, especially since our day was so perfect. She made an awesome decision to use Russell and Amber to capture our wedding day. The duo was polite, professional, and friendly. The memories that they captured in their photos of our wedding are priceless.

Sent on 09/18/2014

Carla · Married on 09/21/2013

We worked with Russell for our wedding since we met him. He helped us arrange a package that would fit our needs and budget. We were able to do an engagement shoot almost a year before our wedding and then our wedding day. Each time Russell and Amber were caring, understanding, patient and creative. They took the time to know us as a couple and show our love and relationship through images. We are extremely happy with the results and the time of their work. One of the nicest surprises was to see a couple of our pictures at the end of our wedding day as we were heading out to our honeymoon!!! They're just amazing!!! We would hands down recommend them and are looking forward to working on other life projects with them!!

Sent on 09/24/2014

Marty · Married on 05/18/2013

At our wedding in Ocala, FL we used Russell Martin Photography to capture all of the best moments of our wedding. Russell and Amber met and even exceeded their reputation of being amongst the best photographers in the Central Florida area! They were professional in every aspect along the way from planning to executing the photography on our wedding day. They took the time to go over even the smallest details of what we wanted captured at our wedding. The quality of their service was exceptional and we are very pleased with how everything came together. Russell was very accommodating in giving us a custom photography package that included everything we wanted from his services and products that were offered. We highly recommend Russell Martin Photography for any event!

Marty and Lauren Bell

Sent on 10/07/2013

Dena · Married on 11/10/2012

Russell Martin Photography was exactly type of photographers we were hoping for. Russell did our engagement photo shoot in "The Swamp" in July. The temperature was close to 100 with rain and then humidity of 100%. Russell was able to capture amazing photos-- and we didn't even look like we were melting. Russell and his wife were the perfect team for our wedding day, too. Together they are able to capture different aspects of the day from different points of view to truly capture the feeling of the day. Our wedding was at a state park followed by a tailgate reception and a football game. They were up for all of the craziness of the day and Russell was even willing to climb on the ground or around stadium seats if needed to get the photo he wanted to capture. We strongly recommend having them photograph a "first look" before the actual ceremony-- they are artful in capturing that moment.

Sent on 12/05/2012
  • JoRich

Richard · Married on 06/02/2012

Russell and Amber were so easy to work with, they made us feel very comfortable while taking the pictures, I'd recommend them in a heartbeat. Our pictures came out beautiful and so it was a real challenge choosing what we wanted for an album because ALL the shots were amazing!

Sent on 10/07/2012

ashley · Married on 04/14/2012

Russell and Amber were wonderful people and photographers. I along with my husband very much enjoyed their company on our wedding day. They were very professional and prompt but a complete joy to have. They are great to say the least! Their work was phenomenal, I'm obsessed with my pictures that I will cherish forever thanks to them and their Passion to capture the happiest moment of my life.

Sent on 10/10/2012

Lisa · Married on 03/24/2012

My husband and I are so glad that we chose Russell Martin for our wedding. Him and Amber were both amazing. We had an outside wedding and it rained so not everything went exactly as planned. However, Russell and Amber were flexible and were able to use the bad weather to their advantage and gave us some beautiful pictures. Amber learned the names of all of our wedding party and immediate family. We were extremely impressed by this and it helped in making everyone feel more comfortable for pictures.

Sent on 10/09/2012

Jesha · Married on 07/22/2011

We couldn't have asked for a better photographer. The quality of service and professionalism was at its best. Russel Martin and his wife Amber went over and above to make our photography experience as positive and memorable as possible. They both had great ideas and were always making sure we were comfortable even in the hot July temperature. The quality of our wedding photos are amazing and my husband and I couldn't be happier with the memories captured by Russel Martin Photagraphy. Thank you for being a huge part in our big day.

Sent on 12/31/2011

jennifer · Married on 03/26/2011

We had an excellent experience working with Russell Martin Photography! From our first meeting we knew it would be a great fit. Russell and his wife Amber are talented, creative and down-to-earth. It was a pleasure having them capture our wedding day. We were shocked how quickly we were able to see some of the photos after the wedding. I'm still amazed to have found a photographer like this at such a great value!

Sent on 04/13/2011

Tammy · Married on 08/07/2010

As any bride, I was very nervous about all of the details surrounding our day and really wanted to remember every detail as it happened. This message was conveyed and I could not have been happier with the results as I looked at my photo proofs. He captured moments that I had missed and would have never seen. I had such a hard time choosing photos for printing and for my album because they were all amazing! Russell traveled from Florida to Lynchburg, Virginia for our wedding which I felt was amazing in itself but hiis creativity and professionalism topped any amazement I had with how far he traveled for my day. I would highly recommend Russell Martin to anyone in need of a photographer whether it be for a wedding, family portriat or whatever their needs might be.

Sent on 12/14/2010

Kayce · Married on 07/12/2010

Russ and Amber were amazing! My husband and I really enjoyed working with them and we absolutely love our pictures! I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 12/20/2010

Joshua · Married on 03/20/2010

Russell Martin is very professional and was a pleasure to work with. He was very helpful and was willing to work with us on any request. The pictures turned out great, and the memories of them will last a lifetime. Very pleased and impressed with the pictures, and the attitude and professionalism of Russell Martin Photography.

Sent on 12/16/2010

Tracy · Married on 03/06/2010

I located the Russell Martin Photography website online just by chance - I loved the story he told in his photos. I met with him and immediately knew that I was in good hands. His enthusiasm is infectous. He made me feel as though I was the only wedding he was doing all year. He was responsive to my numerous emails. Russell and his wife were fun without sacrificing professionalism. He was easy to work with and accepting of photo ideas from us (bride & groom). I wanted a relaxed, easy-going, calm, fun wedding and Russell captured that feeling with his wonderful eye!! Thanks Russell for capturing our very special day. Glad to have you a part of it.

Sent on 05/14/2010

randi · Married on 06/20/2009

He and his wife make a great team. The thing I did not want was a cheesy wedding photographer. The Martin's are nice people who will do exactly what you ask for and not over power the wedding! They are great and the pictures are beautiful.

Sent on 07/29/2009

Karyl · Married on 01/10/2009

After attending many weddings, I have seen a wide variety of photographers at work. None of them can compare to the excellent quality of work provided by Russell Martin Photography! He, as well as his assistant, were prompt and perfectly prepared for my wedding day! They had a very calm but efficient attitude which was a tremendous help during our wedding. They were also very responsive to all the special requests we had by ca[turing all the important moments that a wedding provides, as well as adding a large variety of creative modern photos throughout the entire day. Unlike other photographers' proofs I've seen before, his proofs were all touched up and made to look their best prior to our viewing. He also has a very unique yet distinguished style that adds class and formality to his photographs. All in all, we're very satisfied with Russell and the results of our pictures, and we highly recommend him for any of your photography needs!

Sent on 07/25/2009

Valen · Married on 10/12/2013

Russell did an amazing job with our wedding photos. He truly captures the details and emotions that most would not think to try and capture. After looking back at ALL the photos he took (over 900) tears were brought to my eyes and even friends and family told me that a lot of pictures moved them to tears. It is hard for a photo to move you to tears but Russell will do that! He and his wife are so friendly and personable. They will make you feel very comfortable while taking pictures.

Sent on 01/13/2014

Christine · Married on 05/04/2013

Wonderful service! Russell and Amber completed our day and our memories turned out beautiful. I would highly recommend them. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/23/2013

Nicole · Married on 03/17/2012

Russell and Amber were great to work with. They make you feel as at ease as two people following you around with cameras can. They got a ton of great shots and were willing to work with whatever goofy idea came up. They have a great sense of fun and also kept the portrait time as short as possible while getting all the pictures we wanted so we could enjoy our cocktail hour as well. Highly recommended. When we got our pictures back from the wedding, they were amazing and the book was absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 10/05/2012

Liz · Married on 09/05/2010

Great photographer! We have thoroughly enjoyed the pictures that he and his wife took.

Sent on 12/16/2010