Riverhouse Banquets & Weddings Reviews

32 | Palmetto, FL

32 Reviews for Riverhouse Banquets & Weddings

Brittany · Married on 01/20/2018

My husband and I were married a few weeks ago and we held our rehearsal dinner at the Riverhouse Reef and Grill. It was such a huge success!

The event was absolutely perfect and we very much appreciated all of the help provided throughout the process by the event planners at the space. Working with both Kris and Cindi was so easy and seamless! They ensured we had everything perfectly planned and walked us through the entire process.

In addition, they ensured Cindi was on site the night of our event and I cannot overstate how helpful it was to have Cindi present on the evening of our event. After working with her over the last year (intermittently), I was 100% confident that she would keep the night running smoothly and I had nothing to worry about at all and everything went ABSOLUTELY PERFECTLY.

If you're looking to host an event in this area, look no further than Riverhouse!!

Ashley · Married on 11/12/2016

Had my bridal shower at the riverhouse in January of this year and the day was absolutley amazing in every way. The food and view was absolutely amazing as well!! Five stars for sure !!

Amanda · Married on 04/09/2016

Absolutely beautiful venue, with fantastic food. You would not believe the views during sunset. We also had our ceremony here which, the outdoor space was just as stunning as the indoor reception area. Being surrounded by the waterfront made for some unforgettable memories. The staff was great too, including our day-of coordinator that worked with our full-service planner to make the wedding day go off without a hitch. I couldn't believe that we were able to get our ceremony space, reception space, food, and beverage for such a reasonable cost compared to other waterfront venues. Everyone can't stop raving about the food and the venue!! I still have people telling me they're trying to find recipes to make some of the things that we had served because they can't stop thinking about it.

stacey · Married on 10/24/2015

I'm so happy that we chose this wedding venue for our wedding!! It is beautiful and all the staff is very professional and friendly. All of our guests can't stop talking about how amazing the food was and how the views of the water around the venue was so beautiful!! Kristen and her staff made everything go very smoothly. We would recommend this venue to any couple getting married!!!
    Stacey and John 10/24/15

• Peyton

Peyton · Married on 08/08/2015

I cannot say enough good things about the venue and staff at The Riverhouse. From the beginning of planning, they were incredibly helpful and easy to work with. I was planning my wedding from out of state through my mother and sister who are local and they worked with all of us seamlessly. They were very accommodating and flexible and are definitely "yes" people. The venue is gorgeous. I loved that it's indoors since it was a summer wedding, but on the water and very open so there is a very natural, outdoors feel. The food is delicious. It was so hard to choose which package and meals we wanted because everything we tried was amazing. Great food was an absolute non-negotiable for us, and The Riverhouse knocked it out of the ballpark. I would recommend it for any reception or event as it is a very flexible space no matter the size and style.

Very picturesque setting and professional staff. The reception was perfect and the dinner was great. Highly recommended.

Kelly · Married on 04/25/2015

The Riverhouse is beautiful and has spectacular views, I received so many compliments on how beautiful the ceremony and reception location were. We did the ceremony on the outside deck and the reception inside the 2nd floor banquet room which has large windows overlooking the manatee river. I was nervous when the event coordinator had left the riverhouse shortly before my wedding but the ladies who took over were very professional and did a wonderful job. Thank you Chris, Madison and Jessica!

Jamie · Married on 12/13/2014

Riverhouse was the best venue I could have possibly picked for my wedding. Carrie the event coordinator worked with me 100% of the way to make my dream wedding happen. Everything was wonderful from the food to the servers to the bride's room that we used to get ready in before hand. Everything was perfect and you can't beat the view of the river at sunset. My favorite thing at my wedding was that it was the night of the boat parade and even though there were hundreds of people outside, they still kept it private on the second floor, exclusively for my guests! I couldn't have picked a better venue for my wedding!!!!

• Brittany

Brittany · Married on 11/15/2014

From the beginning, working with Carrie and the Manatee Riverhouse for our venue and catering vendor has been effortless. Every question answered quickly, every concern (and there were very few) addressed immediately, and Carrie was always available to show myself and my planner the venue and allow any needed accommodations. The catering is in-house through the downstairs restuarant (Riverhouse Reef and Grill). I was concerned at first that bundled catering wouldn't allow for personalization or much room to choose; I was totally wrong! Everything was wonderful. Staff was efficient, quick, friendly, and funny (I had to hide off to the side before walking down the aisle, and the couple staff members back there helped calmed me down with jokes!).

I highly recommend this as a venue (beautiful waterfront location and views with a lovely dock and wooden balconies) and as a caterer (amazing food and great service). Carrie was wonderful to work with, and our event was perfect!

kate · Married on 10/18/2014

Carrie and the Riverhouse team went above and beyond to make our wedding day fantastic! Carrie personally helped me through the entire "wedding year" up to wedding day. She made me feel at ease and assisted with every decision. I can't thank her enough! Riverhouse is a beautiful venue on the water and the perfect spot for a Florida wedding. The food was excellent, the space is fantastic, and we loved the giant dance floor! Thank you Carrie & Riverhouse!

Vlad · Married on 10/11/2014

We were so fortunate that my wife met Carrie at a Bridal show in Sarasota. In less than two month we did an entire wedding planning. We have received a true professional service. Amazing food, friendly and professional personal. The place itself was superb and had beautiful manatee river views. Everyone who attended our wedding reception said: - "WOW !!!". It was a great experience for us and our guests. We can't be any happier.

Thank you so much from our family !

Jane and Vlad

The Riverhouse is very likely the best location for a reception in the entire area. While reasonably priced to begin with (especially compared to country clubs or any other classy locations in the area), the night of the wedding showed us that it was worth every penny. The view was breathtaking as the sun was setting over the marina, the food was first rate, and the decorations provided by the Riverhouse made our lives so easy (all we had to do was make centerpieces--the enormous bay windows and strings of lights throughout the room were more than enough).

Of course, what really made us feel as though we'd struck reception gold was the event manager, Carrie. Simply put: she is fantastic. She helped us along the entire way, met with us multiple times, and made sure everything ran smoothly: from helping arrange a seating chart for more than a hundred people to providing last-minute table numbers and some much needed guidance for a couple of wedding rookies such as we were (we'd each only attended one wedding before and really had no idea what all was involved in planning one of these babies). On the night of the wedding, she clearly took charge and everyone within the wait and bar staff knew to go to her for questions (if there even were any), leaving us free to enjoy ourselves and talk to our many guests.

Overall, we could not have asked for a more perfect evening and we are so pleased to recommend this venue (and Carrie) to any couple, no matter the size of your budget.

Erin · Married on 06/21/2014

When we looked at the RiverHouse for a reception venue, we knew instantly we wanted our reception there. The place is absolutely stunning, and perfect for a beautiful Florida wedding. We are from the Midwest so most of our guests had to travel to come to our wedding. We received nothing but compliments about how beautiful and amazing the venue was. It looked breathtaking as the sun was setting, and it was perfect for pictures out on the pier. The food is delicious as well. Our favorite is the kickin shrimp and chicken.

Another perk of the place is Carrie, the Banquet Manager. She is absolutely amazing to work with. She answered all of our questions from day one and worked with us closely so we could have our dream wedding. She was great and quick to respond. She made sure we were happy and everything went as planned. I could not imagine working with someone else for our wedding. She definitely helped make our day very special. Her team is amazing as well. Hands down one of the best venues I have ever seen and the best staff!

Cheryl · Married on 05/23/2014

We had my niece's wedding and reception here. The catering manager, Carrie and her crew worked like a well oiled machine to make this an event to remember. They were professional, efficient, courteous and catered to every detail we requested, and helped to make this a beautifully memorable event. They followed my sister's color choices, layout, and table setting plan to a T, and allowed us to get in the day before, and morning to execute our elaborate setup.

Aside from the amazing, courteous service, the venue itself is beautiful, scenic (on the water in a marina) clean and perfectly suited for this or any other type of event.

And let's not forget the food. My sister chose 5 menu choices for the guests to choose from. Everything was deliciously prepared and beautifully presented - a far cry from most "event food" I've eaten in the past. From the filet cooked to perfection, to the vegan portabella mushroom dinner (as a vegan my expectations were low), all of the food far surpassed my expectations.

My husband and I got engaged on Anna Maria Island and knew we wanted to head back down that way to exchange vows. After much searching, we happened upon the River House through a Sarasota wedding website and decided to give the place a look. Our day was jam packed with venue appointments and we knew that they had a restaurant downstairs from the venue, so we figured we would stop in for lunch before the appointment so we could see if we liked the food.Wow is all I have to say. The food was phenomenal and we enjoyed every last bite. Luckily, there was a wedding taking place the next day, so Carrie, the banquet manager, told us we could view the space already set up. From the moment we walked upstairs to view the space, we both fell in love. We instantly booked the River House for our ceremony and reception.
    Carrie was amazing to deal with every step of the way. She was extremely responsive to us and kept in touch with us regularly during our 8 month wedding planning process. She kept our entire event on schedule and really went above and beyond to make us happy. She helped put us in touch with the hotel where our guests stayed and even recommended a water shuttle that our guests were able to take across the river from the hotel to the venue. Carrie even let us into the space the day before to set everything up just as we wanted it. This really helped keep everything on track for the day of the wedding.

On the day of the wedding, the venue and the weather was perfect for a beautiful Florida wedding. My husband and I are both from the Northeast and only recently relocated to Florida. Most of our guests had to travel to come to our wedding and gave rave reviews on how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food was. They were really all blown away. The photos that we took are absolutely gorgeous, especially the ones on the pier at sunset.

We come back often to eat at the restaurant and revisit the magic of our wedding day!

Nicole · Married on 04/05/2014

The Riverhouse at Regatta Pointe Marina was an amazing venue and working with Carrie was great! From the first time I went to tour the Riverhouse, I fell in love. You walk down a long dock with beautiful sailboats on both sides, up to the second story - where you are surrounded with windows overlooking the gorgeous views of the Manatee River. The dance floor is elevated in the center of it all, which makes for an amazing backdrop for pictures! The ceilings are tall and flanked with large wood beams - which are beautiful in and of themselves with minimal decorations. And if you want to decorate - the best part is - hooks are already built in all over the beams, which makes hanging decorations so easy! (I called my wedding theme "sportfish chic" and hung sailfish that said "dancing", "cake" and "drinks" with the bills pointing to each location.) Our Guests really enjoyed dancing the night away and then stepping out on the patios to watch the boats go by and catch the cool breeze.

Not only are the views incredible, but the food was amazing as well. All of our Guests commented on how great it was and unlike traditional 'wedding food' from the cocktail hour appetizers to the main entrees.

To top everything off, I was so pleased to work with Carrie. Carrie is so welcoming and responsive - any question I had, any request I asked her about - she went above and beyond to help me make sure everything was perfect on our wedding day. The week of our wedding and day of, she had already talked with all of the vendors to make sure everything was still on track and according to the timeline -- I really didn't have a thing to worry about!

Although it's only been just over two weeks, our Guests continue to let us know what a great time they had and how much they enjoyed it there. My husband and I couldn't be happier and I would highly recommend the Riverhouse!

We spent a long time checking out wedding reception venues in the Sarasota area, and we are SO happy we chose The Riverhouse. Everything about our reception was perfect -- from the food to the setting to the banquet staff. Carrie, the banquet manager, was amazing to work with from start to finish. She was always quick to respond to our (many, many) questions and requests, and she went above and beyond to accommodate our needs. The event staff as a whole was incredibly impressive in every way, always ready to help.

Since the banquet venue at The Riverhouse is attached to a really great restaurant, we didn't have any worries about the quality of the food. And we were definitely not disappointed! All of the food was delicious, appealed to a wide range of tastes, and was served efficiently and cheerfully. The kitchen had no problem accommodating the special dietary restrictions that some of our guests have. We're still getting compliments about how great the food was!

Since we had a lot of out-of-state friends and family attending our wedding, it was important to us that the wedding give them a little bit of a "Florida feel." But, we didn't want to go all out and do a beach wedding. The Riverhouse offered an ideal solution -- you get stunning views of the water, a wraparound deck, and an elegantly rustic feel, plus all the comforts of a fully equipped wedding venue. All in all, it was the perfect place for what proved to be a perfect evening. Highly recommended!

Nettie & Dallas · Married on 09/07/2013

The Riverhouse offered the perfect venue for our wedding. They have a private bridal suite, providing a great place to get ready for the ceremony. They offer on-site catering from a private kitchen and a serving staff that was dedicated exclusively to our special day. Everyone was very professional and extremely accommodating. The food was phenomenal on every level; the quality, quantity, appearance and taste exceeded our expectations. The location was perfect for our ceremony and reception, and it provided an excellent sunset view for our wedding pictures. We have received only the best compliments from our guests about the Riverhouse. Their needs were catered to in every way; and they didn't want for anything all evening.
    Where do we begin, in saying how wonderful Carrie (Banquet Manager/Event Planner) and her staff were in making our wonderful wedding day PERFECT!! Carrie went above and beyond in every way to make our wedding day a dream come true. From the first time we met and shared with her our desire, she made it her personal goal to help us achieve our dream wedding. Carrie was there every step of the way, providing a timeline, a floor plan, professional input and suggestions, as well as many other details, both large and small.
    We want to share our appreciation with Carrie (Our Fairy Godmother) and her entire staff. Thank you so very much for everything!!

~Sincerest Regards~ Nettie & Dallas (aka: The New Mr. & Mrs. Turner)

A · Married on 09/06/2013

We had the perfect wedding thanks to Carrie at the Riverhouse. I would highly recommend this place for any wedding or big event. So glad we went with this choice!!!! Thanks again!!!

Courtney · Married on 07/13/2013

Carrie and her team at the Riverhouse are absolutely amazing! She was great to work with and I really appreciated her flexibility with meeting times. The staff who served dinner and did the bar services were all great. They were very polite and professional to all of the guests and they really took care of my husband and I. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful and the food is incredible.

Meaghan · Married on 04/13/2013

I had my ceremony and reception last weekend (4-13-13) at the Riverhouse and it was everything I have ever dreamed of and more. To start off with Carrie (their wedding coordinator at the Riverhouse) is AMAZING! She helps you through the whole process and will also give you ideas and suggestions! All of which are great! She will respond to any email or phone call you make to her. Carrie and the staff at the Riverhouse were amazing! All of our friends and family are still talking about how beautiful the views were at our venue and of course the awesome food! I heard almost 20 times that it was the best wedding food anyone has ever had. All of our friends and family are planning are next outing to the riverhouse for dinner. The food is just out of this world. The prices per plate and for everything at the riverhouse are the best you can find, especially for the quality! I have nothing to complain about. We had an absolutely perfect day at a perfect venue! Highly recommended to everyone :) Go check them out!!!!

• Hallie

Hallie · Married on 03/30/2013

Working with the Riverhouse and Carrie were probably one of the easiest things about planning our wedding. We gave a list of exactly what we wanted and they delivered above and beyond anything we asked for. I had the best wedding/reception I could have ever asked for and I could not have done it without the help of Carrie and her team.

marisa · Married on 11/03/2012

I loved the Riverhouse as our venue! Also, Carrie, the banquet manager was an absolute joy to work with. We received many compliments on the venue itself as well as the food. You cannot get a better location for the price!

Kara · Married on 07/07/2012

The Riverhouse was perfect for a "Florida Couple" wedding. The marina added the perfect touch. Every seat had a beautiful view of the sparkling water. Our wedding was from 6pm-10pm, so we were able to take pictures in the marina with the sunset in the background. Everyone raved about the quality of food. My husband comes from a huge Italian family, and they love their food! They were all impressed. The Riverhoise had the best deals for food out of every venue I searched.

Diana · Married on 05/19/2012

The Riverhouse is truly a hidden gem. We absolutely loved having our reception here. The space is so beautiful and it looks breathtaking at night. The areas available for the ceremony are great as well. We had so many guests complement us on our choice of reception venue. The coordinator, Carrie is absolutely wonderful to work with and responds quickly to any question you may have. The food is excellent as well! We are so glad we found the Riverhouse and will always be happy with the memories made at our reception.