River West Photography Reviews

57 | Atlanta, GA

57 Reviews for River West Photography

Elena · Married on 08/31/2020

River is amazing!

River photographed our spontaneous (Covid-era) micro-wedding with just one week's notice. She was kind, warm and made us feel at ease instantly. Her photos are truly phenomenal and I love how she captured candid, small moments in addition to the more formal shots. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 06/19/2020

River West Photography's reply:

Thank you so much sweet Elena! It was a pleasure to be there. My first job back since quarantine!! Thankful to have broken the self-isolation with your sweet event.

Emily · Married on 12/10/2016

Perfectly Professional

River photographed our wedding in December 2016 and I could not have been more pleased with the final outcome. The day of your wedding goes by so quickly. You planned everything perfect for months and then the day finally comes and it’s over before you know it. That’s why I’m so happy I chose River to be the one to capture the most special day of my life. I go back constantly and look at our pictures. It reminds me of all the moments, from the small details to the big ones like the look on my husbands face or the beautiful decor and floral arrangements. My wedding was in December and I wanted to to feel like a classical Christmas winter wonderland. River did an amazing job of capturing that vision. We have used her for numerous photographs since then from my husbands business headshots for all employees, to recently our newborn pictures. She’s an amazing artist all around and I definitely recommend her to any bride. She’s the bomb and you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 12/14/2018

Jeremy · Married on 10/21/2016

River was an absolute pleasure to work with and her work is incredible! She did our engagement session in January of 2015 in Atlanta and we loved the final product so much that we asked her to travel to Philadelphia for our wedding in October of 2016! Lucky for us, River loves to travel and explore new places and is able to work out a custom quote depending on where your wedding is located!

River was with us all day, as we got ready. She went into downtown Philly with us before the wedding to get a ton of pictures and never made us feel rushed or pressured. She has this amazing magic for getting the perfect shots without taking a million photos. It’s incredible. River captured so many amazing moments throughout the pre-ceremony time, ceremony time and the reception. She never stopped. She captured moments we did not see for ourselves as well as many that we will now remember forever.

River’s vision for amazing photographs is insanely amazing! She sees beauty all around her and can make things that I would never think of as beautiful into amazing pictures! I could not possibly recommend River more! Her pictures are simply incredible. She makes you feel at ease on this giant, momentous day and excited for everything to come. When you are with her; she gives off a commanding and relaxing vibe. You know right away that she knows exactly what she is doing and has done this many times. Yet, somehow she makes you feel so special and cared for. She is organized, talented, and efficient but most of all she is such a lovely, smiling, and amazing human.

Again, we cannot recommend River enough. Hire her. You will NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 12/14/2016

Hallie · Married on 10/01/2016

What can I say...River absolutely killed it! Cannot wait to see the finished product!

Sent on 10/06/2016

River is truly extraordinary, both as an artist and an individual. We feel so very fortunate to have found her and to have her record our special day with such grace, creativity, and soul. Over the months leading up to our wedding, we had the opportunity to get to know her better and enjoyed her infectious positivity and terrific personality. It is really special when such a talent is also such a good and caring person through and through, and this is clearly evident in every piece of her work.

We wanted a photographer that stepped outside of the box, the left the traditional (and stiff) poses and composition behind, that let the moments speak for themselves and watch a beautiful story unfold. River’s style and approach is exactly that – it allows the event, the day, the people to speak for themselves. She makes everyone feel comfortable and becomes a part of the family for the day.

We were overwhelmed and completely amazed with the photo journey of our big day that she gave us and that totally exceeded our already high expectations. River captured the day unparalleled - every shot, moment, and the care she took for so many details.

River also did a fantastic shoot of our beloved fur children, who were the most uncooperative and unfocused subjects ever! She amazingly captured such warm moments of them and with us that we will be able to enjoy forever. It stands to reason that if we ever need a professional photo of anyone or anything, River will be the one shooting it.

From our engagement shots, to dealing with the fur children in their shoot, to our magnificent suite of wedding images, River has given us very special gifts, both in her work and in her frien

Sent on 09/03/2016

Nikki · Married on 10/10/2015

Simply put - River West is AMAZING. She sees things that will make a gorgeous picture, and no matter how awkward we felt with poses, locations, etc. we went with it and the results were perfection. She did our engagement shoot, a mini-session during the fall with family pictures, and of course our wedding. Those who see our pictures are in awe of just how wonderful they are. Her prices are great, she made all of us feel so comfortable and natural. I can't imagine letting anyone else take our professional pictures going forward if I can help it! Our whole family LOVES her pictures. She is truly the most talented photographer I've ever seen and had the pleasure of working with.

Sent on 10/29/2015

Ashley · Married on 09/05/2015

My now husband and I met River through my wedding planner. And from day one, she has been unbelievable! After our first meeting we knew she was the one to capture our wedding. She took our engagement photos, and they turned out better than what we had ever imagined. She is very artistic, and has the eye for photography. Her photo's are amazing!!!!!! She is super sweet, and so much fun to work with!! I highly recommend her if you are looking for a photographer. You will not regret it!!

Sent on 09/21/2015

We have booked River for our wedding, and have so far been thrilled with her professionalism, quick responsiveness, and attention to detail. Every photo we've seen of hers is absolutely gorgeous, and we can't wait to work with her! She's the real deal!

Sent on 05/06/2015

Grace · Married on 09/28/2014

We chose River West as our photographer for both our engagement shoot and for our wedding. She was amazing to work with and immediately put us at ease for what could have been an awkward photoshoot! She was incredibly fun to work with, and the pictures came out beautifully. I'm so excited to share our wedding photos with our family and friends!! I would definitely book River again as our photographer for other special events to come.

Sent on 11/03/2014

Jenna and Andy · Married on 09/06/2014

River West rocks! We booked River off of a recommendation from our venue, and we were not disappointed! She has an incredible sense of humor which makes you extremely comfortable, and her professionalism shows once you see the pictures. She is a blast to work with, and after just a few minutes with her you can see she genuinely loves what she does. Our pictures are incredible and we cannot wait to get our photo album made!

Highly recommended - Thanks River!

Sent on 10/02/2014

River was great, she captured our day perfectly. It was super affordable (especially since she included an engagement shoot) and we have complete rights to our photos. River is fun and she doesn't make you feel awkward taking photos.

Sent on 07/23/2014

Heather · Married on 04/26/2014

We've only gotten a couple of glimpses into our wedding pics so far, but have loved everything we've seen! And our engagement pics were just perfect. So many people commented on how fantastic River was so work for. So thankful she was available to photograph our wedding!

Sent on 04/30/2014

River was over the top amazing! I love her! She would go over and beyond being a photographer, she's so much more and was critical part of the wedding. She has great positive upbeat energy, always willing to work with you to get you what you need, give very professional suggestions and advice, she even helped me take me and my bridesmaid to the venue from our cabin!!! I cannot say enough good things about her and Candice, great people, and on top of that does absolutely amazing job! Her work is beautiful, she turn a raining cloudy day, into a beautiful pictures somehow. She's so open minded to new ideas and suggestions. I just love her so much!

Sent on 04/05/2014

Mi Yun · Married on 05/26/2013

We are thrilled with our pictures, and we are extremely happy we chose River to photograph our wedding.

River is a great photographer as well as part angel and part ninja. A good photographer takes pretty pictures, but a great photographer tells your story and capture the moments in your heart. She is so nice, down to earth, and she responds to all questions quickly. She also has a huge heart and is easy to get along with. That's important with all vendors, but probably most important in a wedding photographer.

Part ninja? Well, there were so many moments where I forgot we even hired a photographer. Not because she was gone and not doing her job, but because she managed to take amazing and stunning pictures but be discreet and stay out of the way and not always be in our faces when we were mingling with guests.

River is so wonderful that after seeing our wedding pictures, a bridesmaid of mine wants River to redo her wedding pictures from 3 years ago, and another friend said she has a girl crush on her after seeing her work. :D

River's the best!

Sent on 08/28/2013

River West is AMAZING!! The most beautiful person inside and out which just shines through in her photography. She was so pleasant to work with the day of the wedding easily keeping everyone calm and relaxed! Every photo is flawless. I could not be any happier!!! We love her!!!!

Sent on 04/01/2013

Jin · Married on 12/02/2012

River is awesome. She can make Shrek look like Brad Pitt. Seriously. Maybe not Brad Pitt right now but the Fight Club Brad Pitt. She has powers.

Sent on 01/16/2013

Heather · Married on 11/18/2012

River was the best decision we made about our wedding, she was wonderful to work with and all of her photos were beautiful! Everyone that has seen them asks right away who our photographer was and what all she works on, all of my engaged friends want her for their weddings.

Sent on 01/16/2013

I adore River's work. Not only does she take photographs that I will cherish forever but she became a great friend. She makes you feel comfortable as she photographs you and really "disappears" so that she really captures the essence of your moments. So many people commented that they never saw her during our wedding but when our disc came she seemed to capture more than I could have imagined. She is a great planner--scheduled everyone's photos-- and kept to that plan, which made our wedding day run much smoother. She was quick to respond to me always, the photos were always delivered sooner than expected and in the nicest keepsake box. I would recommend River to anyone I know. She even snicked my groom a 5 our energy the morning of our weeding to keep him from yawning! my She's wonderful and has become a great friend though the wedding planning experience.

Sent on 12/22/2012

Kristian · Married on 10/27/2012

River is definitely more bang for your buck. Our pictures are amazing and we couldn't have asked for anything better!!
    _______________________________

Sent on 01/15/2013

River was absolutely AMAZING to work with! Once we took our engagement pictures with her and saw the outcome, we knew we made the right decision in hiring her. We were BLOWN AWAY by our wedding photos. They were better than we could have imagined. She captured our day in the most incredible way. I cried as I looked at the (around 1,000) pictures she took! She is incredibly talented, and worth way more than she charges. On top of being such an awesome photographer, she's an even more incredible person, and she has become a lifelong friend to us. We love her.

Sent on 12/18/2012

Katie · Married on 06/12/2012

River West has such an amazing gift. She takes the ordinary and captures it in such a way that makes it extra ordinary! Her services far surpass anyone else's I have yet to come across. Her friendly personality and goody prompts make for GORGEOUS pictures!! I HIGHLY RECCOMEND HER SERVICES!!!

Sent on 10/23/2012

Nikki · Married on 06/09/2012

River West was a true blessing to our wedding day! Her ability to capture one of the most important days of our lives was incredible. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/23/2012

Nicole · Married on 04/14/2012

River was an absolute joy to work with from start to finish. From our very first meeting with her, my husband & I were blown away with her talent, professionalism, creativity, organization & friendly personality. We knew she would be our photographer right away. Her rates are reasonable & her work is quick & thorough. We liked how she presents a variety of package options, but worked with us to build exactly what we needed. River never missed a beat when we had questions or needed advice - very responsive & goes out of her way to ensure everything was covered. This went a long way b/c we know both we and she were very busy with wedding coordination. Our engagement & wedding photo shoots were both seamless; she kept us laughing, which is an important skill & found the shots/poses that would look most stunning & still look like us. She's a beautiful person inside & out & we are so thankful to have her as a forever friend now. We hope River will photograph our little ones someday, too. Our experience working with River was invalueable & we would recommend her to all our friends.

Sent on 06/28/2012

Skye · Married on 03/10/2012

I love River! Seriously, LOVE. When I contacted her last year about the wedding she was quick to respond via email and then over the course of planning she was always available. Our engagement photo shoot was so much fun! We were planning the wedding from across the country so she was really flexible with us and our chaotic schedules. Did I mention she loves love? Also, she's a great people person. I have a groomsman that we can never get a genuine smile out of but River is a master! You can tell she loves her craft and has perfected it. I will work with her again.

Sent on 04/04/2012

Thomas · Married on 12/10/2011

River was awesome from start to finish. Our bridesmaids were a little ridiculous as was our autistic ring bearer and she was much more understanding that I was. The pictures are fantastic and really capture our day perfectly.

Sent on 01/09/2012