Rick Dean Photography Reviews

79 | Charleston, SC

79 Reviews for Rick Dean Photography

Bree · Married on 05/13/2017

I can not stress how amazing and professional Rick and his team were for our special day. The pictures are absolutely phenomenal. And the experience as a whole was awesome. I heard nothing but wonderful things from everyone in the wedding party and everyone in attendance. I would recommend Rick to anyone for any special event you may have.

Sent on 05/30/2017

Amy · Married on 12/30/2016

Rick handled our wedding in Charleston and he was amazing! He had everyone relaxed and laughing and just made the pictures so much fun. He got everyone photographed quickly and handled all the kids (5 kids who were excited and a bit crazy) and got us off to the reception. Everyone commented on how wonderful he was. I would highly recommend him for any photography needs you have! Thank you Rick!

Sent on 01/05/2017

Claire · Married on 11/06/2016

Hire Rick Dean Photography. This is very simple – if you want the most amazing wedding photographer ever, hire Rick Dean. We honestly could not say enough about how perfect Rick and his team were from the moment we met them. He immediately made us feel comfortable and completely got what we were looking for in a photographer. The package we picked with Rick included a one-hour engagement photo session. We had not planned on having engagement photos because my husband had hired a photographer for the proposal, but it was so great to have time with Rick, Gary, and Lisa before the wedding to work with them and learn how they gave direction. Plus – it was super fun, and the engagement photos were beautiful! It made us so much more comfortable on our wedding day. On the big day, we had a whole team. Rick hung out with me and the girls and his amazing husband Gary was his assistant – every bride NEEDS a Gary!! Lisa and Stan hung out with the guys. With so many people around, I know that we got every single shot we wanted plus many, many more!! They are also very experience in wrangling in family members and friends for photos – they were efficient so people could get their pictures and then get back to the party! I was never worried about whether someone was getting a certain shot or whether grandpa was in the photos – this team is a well-oiled machine: professional, experienced, and FLAWLESS.

We got married in early November and wanted to use a photograph from the wedding for our thank you cards and holiday cards. We asked Rick for a couple of sneak peeks that we could use for the cards, and he ended up sending us 40 sneak peeks! They took my breath away - the pictures were more beautiful than we could have ever imagined!!! I cannot WAIT to get the rest of the pictures back and our wedding album. We will have memories of our wedding day forever, but these photographs are what we will show our children and grandchildren – I am so glad that Rick Dean

Sent on 11/25/2016

Nicole · Married on 07/08/2016

Rick made things easy breezy and fun! Rick made such a huge effort to make everyone feel comfortable. He was a huge help not just with shooting photos, but even with making sure the rehearsal and day of went smoothly. He's clearly done this way more times than I have, so his input and guidance went a long way!

Sent on 01/13/2017

Nancy · Married on 06/12/2016

Rick Dean is the kind of a photographer that every bride and groom needs on their BIG day!! Let’s be honest, by the time your wedding day arrives, you have used every nerve fiber in your body towards planning the wedding, and hoping that everything turns out perfect!! Well, Rick Dean is the kind of photographer you need to sum it all up and make perfect memories out of photography. We had a destination wedding in Charleston, SC and we planned this wedding in 3 months…yes 3 months..and it was perfect!!! Rick Dean surprised us and came to our wedding rehearsal. On the day of the wedding, he came more than an hour early and as soon as he got to the bridal suite where the ladies were getting ready, all the pressure was gone. He kept the timeline flowing and made us feel like we were the most important people in the entire universe. Lisa was exceptional and made the guys feel the same way. She captured some AMAZING shots of the guys getting ready.
    Rick Dean is very professional and above all, very FUN to work with. He is extremely talented and loves his work. He was probably the most liked vendor by our guests. Even months after our wedding, the guests could not stop talking of how AMAZING our photographer was. He took his time with processing our wedding pictures and I must say that we fell in love with our wedding pictures as they relieved our BIG day all over again.
    I could go on and on about Rick Dean…but coming from a bride who is very particular and with a type A personality, Rick Dean will not let you down on your big day!!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Jordan · Married on 06/04/2016

Rick and his team are AMAZING! They went above and beyond for my husband and I. They arrived 30 minutes before their set arrival time for the wedding. Which I LOVED! They started shooting as soon as they arrived. Rick and his team captured all the little details that I never would’ve thought of. The pictures of the flowers, table settings, bridesmaids dresses, my wedding dress, the groomsmen getting ready and so much more! They were extremely professional and were able to get everyone in our very big bridal party to relax in front of the camera. I am so happy we went with Rick and his team!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Lori · Married on 05/21/2016

Rick has been great to work with. He shot our engagement photos, bridal portraits and wedding day. He was able to capture some really amazing images despite my husband not wanting to cooperate and be a model! Rick and his team interacted with our guests in a fun way that helped everyone have real smiles in the pictures!

Sent on 05/24/2016

Rick and Gary did such a fantastic job for my bridal portraits as well as the ceremony and reception. Their professionalism is like no other and they always managed to keep a smile on my face. We will treasure our pictures for many years to come and will continue to use Rick Dean Photography for future needs. 5 Star experience!

Sent on 05/10/2016

Katlyn · Married on 04/23/2016

Rick and Gary were absolutely wonderful. My husband and I just received our wedding pictures from our April wedding and they far exceeded our expectations. I would recommend Rick Dean Photography for ANYONE especially brides looking for a fun and professional experience. Top notch!
    -Katlyn

Sent on 06/28/2016

Blair · Married on 03/26/2016

I cannot say enough about how great Rick Dean Photography was for our wedding! From the beginning he was always flexible and easy to work with. I live in Georgia and he made many efforts to meet and get to know me and my family dynamic, just to make our day as special as it could be. Rick, Gary and the rest of the team were phenomenal and helped me through the day to create amazing pictures. I received many compliments from our guests on how much they enjoyed Rick as well. Truly amazing and I cannot wait to see the finished product from our wedding day. Thank you so much for your time, patience, and exceptional eye for photography

Sent on 03/28/2016

Rick, Gary,

Matt and I would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts with our most sincerest gratitude for everything you did to help make our wedding day perfect and unforgettable. We could not have imagined a more perfect wedding day and it would not have been possible without everything you both did to help us get through our day. Going above and beyond doesn't even describe what y'all did for us. We were truly blown away by your willingness to help, and without any question or ask, without any attitude, without any direction. You two just did whatever it was that was needed and we owe you more than our words can express. All I could keep thinking after our day was wow, how did we get so lucky to find such wonderful photographers to be a part of our big day. My mom, my guests, my wedding party, EVERYONE, could not stop talking about how absolutely awesome you two are. So again, even though my words cannot express it enough to really show my level of gratitude, I will keep saying it, so THANK YOU from the Boose's (!!) for being so wonderful on our wedding day!!!

P.S. We just got back from our honeymoon this weekend and I have to say that it ran across my mind many times that I wish I had your photography skills to capture the beauty that is Hawaii :)

Cheers!!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Casey · Married on 10/10/2015

Talent is something some are born with while others must work tirelessly to achieve. But ultimately, talent is worthless on its own. It is not until a talent is accompanied by true passion, dedication, and in many cases, a high sense of professionalism that it reaches its potential. This is perfectly exemplified by Rick Dean, Gary, and the team. Rather than speak to the gorgeous memories he was able to capture through his photography, I would rather emphasize why we would strongly recommend working with Rick and his team.
    From the first day my wife and I spoke with Rick, it was obvious that he is passionate about his craft. Not only does he take immense pride in the memories he captures for his clients, he also understands the significance of the experience. Rick’s attention to detail will quickly become evident to you based on the questions he asks and steps he takes to ensure he caters to your vision. And ultimately, Rick’s professionalism is unparalleled. I won’t reveal the extent to which he worked on our behalf to ensure he met his promised deadlines, but let’s just say, he takes his business very seriously and it is without doubt that he takes immense pride in his business.
    I could go on, but rather than doing so, I would instead recommend talking to Rick and give yourself the opportunity to have the excellent experience we did. (You know it had to be a great experience to actually get the groom to write the review.)
    As an aside, my wife and I are huge dog rescue advocates. Rick was super accommodating of our wish to include our “fur kids” and he worked so patiently with us, capturing some of the most incredible photos of us with our dogs for us to keep for a lifetime.

Sent on 01/05/2016

Rick Dean Photography's reply:

WOW! Casey.... Thank you so much for this incredible testimonial. You and Nikki made our job so easy. All the best to you and your families.

Nicole · Married on 10/03/2015

Rick Dean the Dream Team!!! I knew my photos would be great because Rick comes highly recommended and his gallery speaks for itself. What I didn't know was the level of dedication and family treatment I would receive. When the unpredictable weather and flooding caused my Charleston venue to cancel our wedding, Rick and Gary drove to my wedding planner's house Saturday morning to help move furniture and recreate a ceremony/reception hall in her house. Then a few hours later, they drove back to our new "venue" to take bridal pictures and capture every moment of our day. At one point, Gary was literally fixing my hair and Rick was helping cut ridiculously large cups out of my Jenny Packham dress. That day was a horrible wedding day for many Charleston brides but not for me. It was one of the most memorable, unpredictable and fun days I will forever remember. I could never thank Rick and Gary enough for keeping a smile all weekend, being flexible, remaining calm and collected to ensure the atmosphere stayed upbeat and positive. Your photographer will be every where you are and every where your guests are. So its imperative to pick a great team. You CANNOT go wrong with Rick Dean the Dream Team. PS. Rick also asked my husband and I to come back a few weeks later to take pictures at the venue once it reopened. We only live a few hours away and were absolutely astonished and really appreciated him offering to do this for us. I'm sure I'll have another great review after that experience.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Morgan · Married on 07/11/2015

If you don't use Rick, your pictures will be nowhere near what they should be. He and Gary are absolutely amazing. I met them when he photographed my sister's wedding a couple years ago. He was the first person I called when I got engaged and I'm not lying when I say, we would have changed our wedding date if he wasn't available for that day!!! Rick was awesome with finding the perfect place for my bridal portraits after I gave him ideas of what I wanted. He's so easy to work with and feels more like family. They both work so well together and are true professionals at what they do. His work is beautiful and I wouldn't have had anyone else shoot my big day!!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Shannon · Married on 06/13/2015

We hired the best wedding photography team ever! Rick & Gary were absolutely flawless. We couldn’t be happier with the level of professionalism, creative excellence, innovation and knowing the best spots to take photographs. I love how Rick created lovely images that capture the beauty of our location and the excitement and romance of the wedding day. He was patient and calm with all of my guest and with the wedding party. From our first meeting to every email I have enjoyed every interaction. Anyone would be very lucky to have Rick Dean take pictures for you! Thank you for making me feel like a princess on the most important day of my life!

Sent on 12/06/2015

Rick Dean Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind remarks about RDp. We thoroughly enjoyed working with you and wish you both a long, happy and prosperous life together.
  • ChaseandNora

Nora · Married on 05/30/2015

Rick did such an amazing job at our wedding! All of our guests loved him. He even showed up to our rehearsal to meet the family and helped out alot with the planning process. We can't thank you enough Rick and we are very excited to see the pictures!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Mychelle · Married on 05/24/2015

Rick, Gary, Stan and Lisa took great photos and helped to entertain everyone. We really wanted our guests to have a good time and Rick and his team made that happen!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Rick Dean was fantastic and captured so many stunning pictures for us! He made sure he got all the pictures we wanted and surprised us with some creative and beautiful ones too!

Sent on 08/18/2015

We had the pleasure of working with Rick and his team at my sister’s wedding on May 16th. From the first time I contacted him, through the entire planning process and wedding itself, he was nothing but warm, informative, funny, and easy going. Rick and his team are everything you could ever want in a wedding photographer, and everything you never knew you even needed. They are photographers, therapists, last minute-hair stylists, and everything in between. They even came equipped with back up hair pins and bug spray; they thought of everything.

Rick made arrangements to come over a few days before the wedding to make sure the bride and groom were comfortable with him and that everything was working out time-wise. My sister was anxious about not liking any of her photos, but he completely calmed her down and even spent about half an hour helping her find the most flattering poses. The day of the wedding Rick and his team never missed a beat. They made sure to capture all the important events, and made a point to show the bride and groom some of the exceptional shots they got in between taking photos. We could not have been any happier with Rick and his entire team. They all went above and beyond and I would absolutely recommend them.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Ashley · Married on 05/15/2015

My husband and I are from Boston and planned a destination Wedding in Charleston this past May. I was so nervous about picking vendors because we lived so far away and didn't know much about the area. However, choosing Rick was the best decision we could've made. I knew from the first email exchange that he HAD to be my photographer. I even booked him a year in advance just to be sure he could be there for our day. We are still in awe when we look through our wedding pictures! He captured so many incredible moments that we would've missed otherwise, and our guests were raving about how awesome Rick and Gary are. Not only with the beautiful pictures they took but also their amazing personalities..they were professional but fun and made everything so easy (which isn't always possible with 11 bridesmaids and 9 groomsmen!). I couldn't thank them enough for being there for us through the entire process. Our pictures are truly wonderful and we are so grateful we worked with the BEST photographer for our wedding day! Now the hard part of which pictures to choose for the album... :)

Sent on 08/14/2015

We used Rick Dean Photography for our wedding in Charleston and couldn't have been happier. If you are searching for or narrowing down photographers, please consider choosing Rick Dean Photography; you will not be disappointed and will have a great experience with excellent photos. Rick is very detail-oriented and was amazing to work with. We had an engagement photo session a few weeks before the wedding and absolutely loved the pictures and the whole experience. Our wedding pictures are amazing also; they captured all elements of the day perfectly!

Rick is very passionate about and loves his job, and it makes the whole process really fun and memorable. In just a short time with Rick and his partner, Gary, you feel like great friends, and you know you are in good hands. They are wonderful people who really care about their clients, and it shows in their customer service, passion for photography, and general fun they have doing it. They really go above and beyond and have everything covered--from hairspray for when it is windy to putting in a vail (not as easy as you'd think!). Our wedding guests loved interacting with Rick and his team, as well! We honestly could not recommend a better photographer for your wedding, engagement, or any purpose--fair pricing, great photos, wonderful people and experience.

Sent on 08/14/2015

Grandee · Married on 03/21/2015

As a "mature" bride, I wasn't planning to have a large wedding. My daughter insisted I have a photographer. She and her husband contracted with Rick Dean as we had just used his services for HER wedding only nine months earlier. It was the BEST gift ever in that it really IS TRUE; so much happens so quickly! It takes a knowledgeable photographer to capture those special moments we all want to remember forever. I, HANDS DOWN, endorse Rick Dean for all his talent, foresight, and energy. We will have many special moments for a lifetime!

Sent on 05/07/2015

Jenn · Married on 11/15/2014

Rick's photographs say it all, but beyond his talent is his demeanor: He really made my husband and I feel very relaxed and confident throughout all of our pictures. He even taught us the best way to cut our cake! He has very fair prices as well but there's nothing missing in quality. We highly recommend!

Sent on 12/13/2014

Brooke · Married on 11/08/2014

Rick is AMAZING! He is 100% committed to you the second you contact him. Rick did my bridal portraits as well as the wedding. On bridal portrait day it was a flash flood warning in Charleston and due to the rain we were very limited in getting a variety of shots outside. Rick went above and beyond to assure that we got THE PERFECT SHOT! I was feeling a little worried that we didn't get many shots so Rick even stayed later than he was supposed to and showed me the pictures on his camera so that I would leave the session feeling confident! Rick's work is truly amazing but beyond his work...he truly cares about his clients and is SO much fun to work with!! Rick was by far the best decision I could have ever made in choosing my photographer!!

Sent on 11/20/2014

Ciara · Married on 10/11/2014

Rick, Gary, and their team are truly wonderful. I worked with them 3+ times in 2014 (they shot my sister's wedding in May, my best friend's wedding in June, and my wedding in October) and every time the experience was fun, easy, and entertaining. They truly care about the people they're shooting. They want to capture you in the most honest and flattering way, so they really take the time to learn about you and everyone participating in your day. Their dedication and care shows in every interaction. I could not be happier with the pictures they took, and the energy they bring to the occasion is truly exceptional.
    Thank you so much! --CR(L)

Sent on 12/03/2014