Poppies Floral Design Reviews

22 | Concord, NC

22 Reviews for Poppies Floral Design

22 Poppies Floral Design Reviews

Rachel · Married on 05/27/2018

I cannot say enough positive things about Colleen. I wish I could give her 10 stars. She was AMAZING! She turned my dreams into a reality. I showed Colleen some photos from Pinterest and she made my flowers look a million times better. I asked her to add some last minute details & she did it without question. She was so easy to work with and answered any of my concerns. I would highly recommend PoppiesFloral. She is worth every penny and more!

Nikki · Married on 05/26/2018

Colleen did a remarkable job on my daughter’s wedding! From our initial meeting she made us feel at ease and took the stress out of what, at first, seemed like a daunting task. She is great at floral design and goes the extra mile to get ensure you will be well pleased on your special day! She offered options to double the use out of some of our flowers, and was quick to offer more affordable ideas on some of our table designs. I will definitely secure her for my other daughters’ weddings when the time arrives.

Poppies Floral Design 1

Katie · Married on 01/20/2018

If you are looking for an amazing florist, I recommend Colleen with Poppies Floral Designs! She is based out of North Carolina, I was lucky enough for her to travel to me and do my flowers! We never met to look at flowers, I simply shared with her what I liked and didn’t like and she provided me with pictures of flowers that were exactly what I envisioned. Colleen worked out of my parents garage to create beautiful masterpieces. All our guests were raving over the simple, yet elegant center pieces and our flowers. She incorporated flowers that you wouldn’t see on a typical basis, making me feel unique and one of a kind. If you or any family you may have near her, i would highly recommend!

Poppies Floral Design 2
    Poppies Floral Design 3
    Poppies Floral Design 4
    Poppies Floral Design 5

Cara · Married on 11/04/2017

Colleen is GREAT. period. she took my sometimes-seemingly-nonsensical ideas and made them make sense!! she understood that we didn't want to spend a fortune, yet she never made me feel like we were going to do cheap flowers. she loved that i wanted skulls incorporated in their somehow. she made suggestions that i would have never thought of and incorporated them into what i had already said i wanted... working with Colleen was truly a blessing!! so grateful for the recommendation to call this lady up - she helped make our day BEAUTIFUL!!!

xoox Cara & Jody

Poppies Floral Design 6
    Poppies Floral Design 7
    Poppies Floral Design 8
    Poppies Floral Design 9

channing · Married on 04/08/2017

Colleen was so AMAZING to work with! From the very beginning she was so helpful! We couldn't have picked a better florist to do our wedding! From the flowers made for my bridal portraits to having everything done on our wedding day they were all so beautiful! The flower arrangements at the reception were breath taking and the ceremony sight looked AMAZING! She is so sweet and def. knows her flowers!

Stefanie · Married on 08/08/2015

My bakery recommended Poppies Floral Design and my maid of honor had decided that her gift to me would be to pay for the flowers for my wedding. I could not have been happier with how everything turned out. It was perfect! I worked with Colleen and she was able to work things out with my maid of honor and also keep me in the loop with all that was being discussed. She kept on top of correspondence throughout the whole process. I was able to tell her colors and ideas that I had for decor for the wedding and she had great recommendations of flowers and ideas. The boutonnieres and corsages came out beautifully and she was more than willing to accommodate some allergies. The bouquets were gorgeous and she had many pictures to use as examples so I was able to expect what would be at my wedding. She was mindful of price and helped with our budget. She had amazing ideas for centerpieces and vases that fit perfectly with our barn/outdoor theme. I would recommend Poppies Floral Design for anyone's floral needs! Fantastic!!!

Liz · Married on 06/27/2015

Colleen is amazing! We loved her from the very first visit. She does amazing work and she is wonderful to work with. Colleen is creative and flexible. She can make incredible arrangements for any budget. Her flowers for my daughter's wedding absolutely made the day - they were spectacular!

Janine · Married on 04/18/2015

Colleen came highly recommended by a co-worker and I couldn't be any happier that this connection was established. As a very indecisive bride, Colleen went above and beyond in helping me determine the overall vision for our reception. Although she wasn't taking care of linens, etc., she helped me with these decisions so that everything would come together to create a beautiful reception. She was extremely flexible and delivered beautiful floral arrangements on the big day! She was a pleasure to work with and truly takes pride in her work and helping to make a bride's day everything she's dreamed of... and more!

• W

Whitney · Married on 10/25/2014

I only needed one meeting and a handful of emails with Colleen to feel 100% comfortable that she saw my wedding floral vision and that I was in good hands. She was extremely professional, knowledgeable and easy to work with. I met with her the week before my wedding and delivered all of my centerpieces needing flowers, a big relief for the day of the wedding and having her deliver AND set up these arrangements. I almost cried when I saw my bouquet (a preview picture was sent the day before the wedding) as it encompassed every element I had wanted: raw cotton, different greenery and various white flowers. My babys breath bridesmaids bouquets were full and the perfect size, along with the groomsmen bouts, which were arranged perfectly.

Colleen had taken the time to fill my lanterns with moss under each candle and also included several rose buds and cotton to add to each table. The cross at my altar was beautifully decorated and will be featured in all of our family pictures. I am very thankful that I was able to find Colleen for my wedding day flowers because she exceeded my expectations and made my event beautiful.

Caroline · Married on 09/27/2014

Colleen was wonderful to work with. She caught the vision I had for my wedding from day one and helped to make my wedding day everything I had dreamed it would be. She has impeccable taste, and when I had questions, or needed direction or advice, I could trust her to give me perfect ideas with good taste. I got so many compliments from everyone who attended the wedding on how lovely it was, and how beautiful all of the flowers were, at my bridesmaid brunch, at the ceremony, and at the reception. I highly recommend her for any of your floral needs!

Ginny · Married on 09/20/2014

Colleen with Poppies Floral is amazing to work with. She has great taste and style and really knows how to capture the feel of what you want your wedding to be! She worked with my mom and I to cut down costs to what was "Dad approved". I was in constant contact with Colleen, receiving texts and photos to help make sure that we were both on the same page. The day of my wedding I knew that I was in good hands and I just let her work her magic. The results were everything I wanted and more. I highly recommend Poppies and can not wait until I need her services again!!

Joy · Married on 10/26/2013

Colleen did such a wonderful job! She listened to exactly what I wanted and the end result was perfect. I was a little stuck in the beginning about what exactly I liked, and she really helped to inspire me and give me ideas. We got so many compliments from the guests and how much they loved the centerpieces and the flowers at our ceremony space. Love this place.

Suzi · Married on 09/21/2013

My daughters wedding day turned out beautifully, even through the rain, with Colleen's flowers and the help of Lucky Duck Vintage. They all worked to make our dream a reality. Colleens friendliness sold us on her as we felt she heard our thoughts and made our visions reality!

• Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 05/18/2013

Colleen was a wonderful florist for my wedding. I could tell she loves her job and she is great at what she does. She listens to what you want and when stuff changes or she can't get a certain flower she will give you different ideas and change stuff up. For my ceremony, she put flowers on fishing twine and hung them up behind us it was so beautiful. Everything was just so beautiful and perfect.

Ben · Married on 05/11/2013

When planning a wedding it's very easy to get overwhelmed quickly. As a groom, marrying for the first time, I knew nothing about flowers (or anything else wedding related for that matter). That is why we went with the strong referral from our venue (The Orchard House - Concord, NC) and hired Colleen Rett from Poppies Floral. It proved to be one of the best decisions that we made in our planning process.

In addition to being incredibly talented, Colleen is also a great businesswoman. She makes herself constantly available to her clients and over delivers on your wedding day. My wife and I came to Colleen with very vague requests as far as what we wanted (because we knew nothing about flowers) and she made our dream a reality with very little direction.

Colleen is an absolute dream to work with and I would highly recommend using her for your wedding. Do yourself a favor...hire Poppies and move on to the next task on your "to-do" list.

My name is Ben Baker and if you would like to speak to me personally about my experience with Colleen please do not hesitate to contact me at any time at bakerb24@gmail.com.

Colleen was wonderful to work with! She was more than willing to do anything to make sure that my daughter's wedding day was what she wanted and less stressful. I feel like she went above and beyond what most "businesses" would do to please us. And, her prices were very reasonable compared to another florist we had looked at.

Katelin · Married on 10/13/2012

Colleen is such an amazing florist!!!! She took control as soon as we met, and I just knew from the moment I met her that she was going to be the perfect florist for my wedding! My flowers on my wedding day were absolutely breathtaking. They were nothing like I had invisioned, but were one hundred times better!! The bridesmaids bouquets were absolutely perfect up against their dresses. My bouquet was stunning! The decorations that she did for my reception were so very perfect. I felt like Colleen had some how seen the vision in my head and was able to give me exactly what I wanted.
    I could not have been more pleased with Poppie's Floral Designs. I would not change not even one small thing about my wedding. I would and will recommend Colleen to ANYONE who ask for floral advice. In fact, a high school friend getting married in December loved my floral decor and reception so much that she too is using Colleen. I would not suggest another florist!

Amanda · Married on 08/04/2012

Colleen did a BEAUTIFUL job on our wedding flowers. She was great to work with and allowed me to have multiple consultations just to make sure I felt good about everything we were doing for the wedding and discuss any changes I came up with. She works out of her house, but is very talented and delivers a wonderful product. We had so many compliments about how beautiful the wedding was. Colleen is very flexible and takes on a lot more responsibility than some florists do. Her prices are VERY reasonable for the amount of work she puts forward. I was quoted significantly lower by her than when I went to a very well known local florist in the area for the same exact product.

• O

Jenn · Married on 04/28/2012

Colleen is an amazing artist when it comes to flowers! She captured the exact colors and created beautiful arrangements, bouquets, etc. for our beach wedding! Everyone loved her work and her capacity to transform flowers into works of art. Thanks for all of your help as we could not have done this without you!

Tiffany · Married on 04/14/2012

Colleen with Poppies is great with design and knows her flowers! My bridal bouquet was absolutely perfect. She did all of our flowers, down to the last rose pedal on the aisle and it was lovely! She is sweet and knowlegable.

Chelsey · Married on 04/09/2016

My first experience with Colleen and Poppies Floral Design was with my sister's wedding three years ago. She did a wonderful job, for an affordable price - she really is a great value. When I started planning for my own wedding, I met up with Colleen to talk about what I wanted. I didn't know much about what I wanted yet, but Colleen's personality really sold me on Poppies Floral Design! I remember being overwhelmed and stressed with the planning process and Colleen telling me that she would take care this and I could check it off my list. I needed more than a florist, and she really partnered with me throughout the process and was wonderful to work with. Colleen's knowledge and creativity brought my vision to life! My flowers were so so wonderful and I couldn't be happier with the product, professionalism and service that Colleen provided. Highly, highly recommend!

Hannah · Married on 10/11/2014

The flowers at my wedding were so beautiful and unique! I couldn't have imagined them being any better! I was so pleased with them and Colleen! She was wonderful and so sweet to work with! She made it very easy for me and I didn't even have to stress about it! People would be crazy for not having her do their flowers!