19 Reviews for Poppies Floral Design

Event Design (1)
Altar Decor (1)
Single Flowers (1)
19 Poppies Floral Design Reviews

Colleen is GREAT. period. she took my sometimes-seemingly-nonsensical ideas and made them make sense!! she understood that we didn't want to spend a fortune, yet she never made me feel like we were going to do cheap flowers. she loved that i wanted skulls incorporated in their somehow. she made suggestions that i would have never thought of and incorporated them into what i had already said i wanted... working with Colleen was truly a blessing!! so grateful for the recommendation to call this lady up - she helped make our day BEAUTIFUL!!!

xoox Cara & Jody

Profile Picture Cara, 11/4/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Venue Visit

Colleen was so AMAZING to work with! From the very beginning she was so helpful! We couldn't have picked a better florist to do our wedding! From the flowers made for my bridal portraits to having everything done on our wedding day they were all so beautiful! The flower arrangements at the reception were breath taking and the ceremony sight looked AMAZING! She is so sweet and def. knows her flowers!

Profile Picture channing, 4/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Venue Visit

My first experience with Colleen and Poppies Floral Design was with my sister's wedding three years ago. She did a wonderful job, for an affordable price - she really is a great value. When I started planning for my own wedding, I met up with Colleen to talk about what I wanted. I didn't know much about what I wanted yet, but Colleen's personality really sold me on Poppies Floral Design! I remember being overwhelmed and stressed with the planning process and Colleen telling me that she would take care this and I could check it off my list. I needed more than a florist, and she really partnered with me throughout the process and was wonderful to work with. Colleen's knowledge and creativity brought my vision to life! My flowers were so so wonderful and I couldn't be happier with the product, professionalism and service that Colleen provided. Highly, highly recommend!

Profile Picture Chelsey, 4/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Venue Visit

My bakery recommended Poppies Floral Design and my maid of honor had decided that her gift to me would be to pay for the flowers for my wedding. I could not have been happier with how everything turned out. It was perfect! I worked with Colleen and she was able to work things out with my maid of honor and also keep me in the loop with all that was being discussed. She kept on top of correspondence throughout the whole process. I was able to tell her colors and ideas that I had for decor for the wedding and she had great recommendations of flowers and ideas. The boutonnieres and corsages came out beautifully and she was more than willing to accommodate some allergies. The bouquets were gorgeous and she had many pictures to use as examples so I was able to expect what would be at my wedding. She was mindful of price and helped with our budget. She had amazing ideas for centerpieces and vases that fit perfectly with our barn/outdoor theme. I would recommend Poppies Floral Design for anyone's floral needs! Fantastic!!!

Profile Picture Stefanie, 8/8/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Colleen is amazing! We loved her from the very first visit. She does amazing work and she is wonderful to work with. Colleen is creative and flexible. She can make incredible arrangements for any budget. Her flowers for my daughter's wedding absolutely made the day - they were spectacular!

Profile Picture Liz, 6/27/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Colleen came highly recommended by a co-worker and I couldn't be any happier that this connection was established. As a very indecisive bride, Colleen went above and beyond in helping me determine the overall vision for our reception. Although she wasn't taking care of linens, etc., she helped me with these decisions so that everything would come together to create a beautiful reception. She was extremely flexible and delivered beautiful floral arrangements on the big day! She was a pleasure to work with and truly takes pride in her work and helping to make a bride's day everything she's dreamed of... and more!

Profile Picture Janine, 4/18/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I only needed one meeting and a handful of emails with Colleen to feel 100% comfortable that she saw my wedding floral vision and that I was in good hands. She was extremely professional, knowledgeable and easy to work with. I met with her the week before my wedding and delivered all of my centerpieces needing flowers, a big relief for the day of the wedding and having her deliver AND set up these arrangements. I almost cried when I saw my bouquet (a preview picture was sent the day before the wedding) as it encompassed every element I had wanted: raw cotton, different greenery and various white flowers. My babys breath bridesmaids bouquets were full and the perfect size, along with the groomsmen bouts, which were arranged perfectly.

Colleen had taken the time to fill my lanterns with moss under each candle and also included several rose buds and cotton to add to each table. The cross at my altar was beautifully decorated and will be featured in all of our family pictures. I am very thankful that I was able to find Colleen for my wedding day flowers because she exceeded my expectations and made my event beautiful.

Profile Picture Whitney, 10/25/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers

The flowers at my wedding were so beautiful and unique! I couldn't have imagined them being any better! I was so pleased with them and Colleen! She was wonderful and so sweet to work with! She made it very easy for me and I didn't even have to stress about it! People would be crazy for not having her do their flowers!

Profile Picture Hannah, 10/11/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Colleen was wonderful to work with. She caught the vision I had for my wedding from day one and helped to make my wedding day everything I had dreamed it would be. She has impeccable taste, and when I had questions, or needed direction or advice, I could trust her to give me perfect ideas with good taste. I got so many compliments from everyone who attended the wedding on how lovely it was, and how beautiful all of the flowers were, at my bridesmaid brunch, at the ceremony, and at the reception. I highly recommend her for any of your floral needs!

Profile Picture Caroline, 9/27/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Colleen with Poppies Floral is amazing to work with. She has great taste and style and really knows how to capture the feel of what you want your wedding to be! She worked with my mom and I to cut down costs to what was "Dad approved". I was in constant contact with Colleen, receiving texts and photos to help make sure that we were both on the same page. The day of my wedding I knew that I was in good hands and I just let her work her magic. The results were everything I wanted and more. I highly recommend Poppies and can not wait until I need her services again!!

Profile Picture Ginny, 9/20/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Colleen did such a wonderful job! She listened to exactly what I wanted and the end result was perfect. I was a little stuck in the beginning about what exactly I liked, and she really helped to inspire me and give me ideas. We got so many compliments from the guests and how much they loved the centerpieces and the flowers at our ceremony space. Love this place.

Profile Picture Joy, 10/26/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

My daughters wedding day turned out beautifully, even through the rain, with Colleen's flowers and the help of Lucky Duck Vintage. They all worked to make our dream a reality. Colleens friendliness sold us on her as we felt she heard our thoughts and made our visions reality!

Profile Picture Suzi, 9/21/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Colleen was a wonderful florist for my wedding. I could tell she loves her job and she is great at what she does. She listens to what you want and when stuff changes or she can't get a certain flower she will give you different ideas and change stuff up. For my ceremony, she put flowers on fishing twine and hung them up behind us it was so beautiful. Everything was just so beautiful and perfect.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 5/18/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

When planning a wedding it's very easy to get overwhelmed quickly. As a groom, marrying for the first time, I knew nothing about flowers (or anything else wedding related for that matter). That is why we went with the strong referral from our venue (The Orchard House - Concord, NC) and hired Colleen Rett from Poppies Floral. It proved to be one of the best decisions that we made in our planning process.

In addition to being incredibly talented, Colleen is also a great businesswoman. She makes herself constantly available to her clients and over delivers on your wedding day. My wife and I came to Colleen with very vague requests as far as what we wanted (because we knew nothing about flowers) and she made our dream a reality with very little direction.

Colleen is an absolute dream to work with and I would highly recommend using her for your wedding. Do yourself a favor...hire Poppies and move on to the next task on your "to-do" list.

My name is Ben Baker and if you would like to speak to me personally about my experience with Colleen please do not hesitate to contact me at any time at bakerb24@gmail.com.

Profile Picture Ben, 5/11/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Colleen was wonderful to work with! She was more than willing to do anything to make sure that my daughter's wedding day was what she wanted and less stressful. I feel like she went above and beyond what most "businesses" would do to please us. And, her prices were very reasonable compared to another florist we had looked at.

Profile Picture User2713304, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Colleen is such an amazing florist!!!! She took control as soon as we met, and I just knew from the moment I met her that she was going to be the perfect florist for my wedding! My flowers on my wedding day were absolutely breathtaking. They were nothing like I had invisioned, but were one hundred times better!! The bridesmaids bouquets were absolutely perfect up against their dresses. My bouquet was stunning! The decorations that she did for my reception were so very perfect. I felt like Colleen had some how seen the vision in my head and was able to give me exactly what I wanted.
I could not have been more pleased with Poppie's Floral Designs. I would not change not even one small thing about my wedding. I would and will recommend Colleen to ANYONE who ask for floral advice. In fact, a high school friend getting married in December loved my floral decor and reception so much that she too is using Colleen. I would not suggest another florist!

Profile Picture Katelin, 10/13/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Colleen did a BEAUTIFUL job on our wedding flowers. She was great to work with and allowed me to have multiple consultations just to make sure I felt good about everything we were doing for the wedding and discuss any changes I came up with. She works out of her house, but is very talented and delivers a wonderful product. We had so many compliments about how beautiful the wedding was. Colleen is very flexible and takes on a lot more responsibility than some florists do. Her prices are VERY reasonable for the amount of work she puts forward. I was quoted significantly lower by her than when I went to a very well known local florist in the area for the same exact product.

Profile Picture Amanda, 8/4/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Colleen is an amazing artist when it comes to flowers! She captured the exact colors and created beautiful arrangements, bouquets, etc. for our beach wedding! Everyone loved her work and her capacity to transform flowers into works of art. Thanks for all of your help as we could not have done this without you!

Profile Picture Jenn, 4/28/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Colleen with Poppies is great with design and knows her flowers! My bridal bouquet was absolutely perfect. She did all of our flowers, down to the last rose pedal on the aisle and it was lovely! She is sweet and knowlegable.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 4/14/12, 5 Reviews