Plantation Gardens Restaurant & Bar Reviews

52 | Koloa, HI

52 Reviews for Plantation Gardens Restaurant & Bar

52 Plantation Gardens Restaurant & Bar Reviews

Amanda · Married on 07/25/2018

We looked at several different locations before settling on Plantation Gardens, and believe me when I say that if you are getting married on Kauai, and you want a stress-free, easy, beautiful experience - choose Plantation Gardens. My husband and I had a small (10 person) event for a vow renewal, and the site is amazing. It is not on the beach (which was best for us because we wanted privacy), but the grounds are beautiful. We had our ceremony underneath the plumeria tree and it was romantic and secluded. There are many beautiful locations for weddings on the island, but ultimately we chose this location because of two reasons: privacy and Amy. Amy is an amazing coordinator, and she's 100% on top of everything. It's very noticeable that she loves her job and that she's amazing at it. I cannot stress enough how responsive, kind, and helpful she was! She helped us find everything from an officiant, photographer, florist, and day before hair stylist!

The food is divine and is worth every penny of the cost. We chose two types of fish and the steak and lobster for our guests. We all also highly recommend the crab and avocado salad for a starter! Every single one of our guests said it was the best wedding food they'd ever had. The staff made sure the drinks were always flowing. I must have had 6 of the Garden Island Teas (you must try!) before I realized how much I drank! They made sure that the kids always had fun non-alcoholic drinks, and kept us plied with coffee and water when needed. We did the Kona mocha cake for dessert (cakes by Sandi), and it was so good that my mother in law was speaking of it wistfully for three days.

Long story short, if you're dreaming of having the kind of event that is beautiful and stress-free, choose Plantation Gardens.

Nicole · Married on 07/06/2018

What a beautiful place for a wedding reception! Amy was so kind to help us plan our wedding reception of 24 at Plantation Gardens. For the months leading up to the wedding, Amy was extremely helpful and very quick to reply to all my emails. On the day of the wedding, Amy and her staff created a beautiful atmosphere for our special day. The food was absolutely delicious, our drinks were constantly refilled, and we felt like royalty! I even spilled a mai tai on my dress and before I knew it, I had seltzer water on the table to help get the stain out! This placed is filled with aloha and I highly recommend it over and over again!!

Hillary · Married on 06/28/2018

My husband and I had our reception here after having our wedding on the beach. Amy C., event manager was wonderful to work with, answering all of our questions and checking in with us until the end of the evening! Our menus matched our color scheme and we felt as though we had the entire restaurant to ourselves even though we held our dinner and dancing on the front lanai and orchid terrace!

Our guests raved about the food, cake, and service. Mahalo PG for helping make our wedding day so special!

Plantation Gardens Restaurant & Bar 4
    Plantation Gardens Restaurant & Bar 5
    Plantation Gardens Restaurant & Bar 6
    Plantation Gardens Restaurant & Bar 7
    Plantation Gardens Restaurant & Bar 8

Chloe · Married on 05/17/2018

Loved, loved, loved Plantation Garden as our ceremony and wedding venue! Amy was so sweet and awesome to work with. She really knows how to run a wedding and offered to be our onsite coordinator since we didn't actually have a wedding coordinator. For our small scale wedding (20 people), we were able to use the Orchid Terrace, which gave us the privacy and intimacy needed. The ceremony itself took place on their lawn, which has a large orchid tree as its background. We almost decorated with cascading strands of orchid but ended up not because it was already very picture-esque. The ceremony only took 30 minutes or so, and the guests were able to get started on their drink package right after. We opted for the premium drink package, and everyone couldn't stop raving about how good the drinks were! While the groom and I went away for the pictures, Amy and the staff (amazing service, btw) got them started on the pupus (appetizers), which were really popular among the guests. We are also the most indecisive bunch, and Amy was so patient with us and offered her guidance without being pushy or overbearing. You really can't beat the value of the venue here because they lend you everything for free (eg, chairs, tables) and take care of you beyond what's expected. As part of the meal course, we opted for two types of salads (one had so much crab that it was almost an entree itself). The main entree was a choice of two fish and ribeye. Everyone loved their food and was so full. You also have the option to work with their baker Sandi to create a cake of your liking, and not only was it really pretty, it was also very delicious. If you have enough guests, you can also opt to do a whole restaurant buy-out, which will still be cheaper than most of the venues. At the end of the day, your wedding lasts few hours. We're so glad that we went with Plantation Gardens because they gave us the best service for our money, and our guests left beyond happy and full.

Plantation Gardens Restaurant & Bar 9
    Plantation Gardens Restaurant & Bar 10
    Plantation Gardens Restaurant & Bar 11

Lindsay · Married on 11/14/2017

We held our wedding here this past November, and it was absolutely perfect. We planned our wedding from out of town, and working with Amy and Jeff was awesome. They always responded to emails and made time for phone calls. They clearly have lots of experience with weddings and were a big help. On the day of the wedding everything was perfect. The gardens are the perfect backdrop (quiet and private) for the ceremony and there is a beach right across the road for sunset photos. They made sure our guests were taken care of with appetizers and beverages between the ceremony and reception. I have gotten so many compliments on the food and the service (no water or wine glass was ever left empty). The was no need for decor as the gardens and the restaurant were lovely. We did bring some small centre pieces, and they provided customized menus for us. I would highly recommend the Plantation Gardens to anyone planning a wedding on Kauai.

Alison · Married on 06/24/2017

I started looking at this venue initially because I talked to multiple wedding planners who recommended it. I now understand why it is so highly recommended. First of all, the setting of this venue is beautiful! The website does not do it justice! I thought the location looked pretty on the website and blogs I saw, but it is way more beautiful in person. The service at the restaurant was great. The events coordinator answered all of questions, which I emailed her frequently with, and everything ran very smoothly the day of the wedding. The food was also delicious. Guests enthusiastically complimented the food days after the event. Also, I did a bit of research prior to selecting this venue for a wedding. I even considered venues on Maui for a time, and I would say, for what you get, the price of this venue is well worth it. Although I didn't ever go through with planning an event at a private location, I considered it, and I am glad I went with Plantation Gardens because they provided everything like the linens and tableware for the dinner and the chairs for the ceremony and even lights I could rent for a decent price - so I would say they made all the planning fairly easy!

• Airen

Airen · Married on 05/26/2017

Gina was wonderful. Really easy to work with. It ended up raining on our wedding day which as a bride had me stressed all day. When we arrived she was so calm and helpful. She let us wait until the rain died down a little to begin the ceremony. Plantation Gardens was the perfect place to get married

Ashley · Married on 07/23/2016

Plantation Gardens is the perfect place for a destination wedding. From the beginning of my wedding planning last summer, their events planner Gina was incredibly helpful with all aspects of the planning process - responding to e-mails very quickly, offering lots of advice, telling me about other vendors and walking me through every little detail. We did the restaurant buyout, so the whole place was ours. The minimum price of $12,500 was much more reasonable than all wedding venues that I'd looked at where I live in Boston, and much better than other hotels or venues on Kauai. The venue is truly beautiful. Our ceremony was on the lawn next to koi ponds and an orchid garden, and the cocktail hour on the lawn allowed our guests to explore both the orchid garden and the cactus garden. The food and drinks at Plantation Gardens in amazing! We got to choose three entrees from a list of about 10 mouth-watering options, and they are not small wedding portions. Our guests raved about their meals and did not go home hungry! We chose a bunch appetizers from a huge list. All of our guests raved about each one, especially the pork belly sliders and the coconut shrimp. The tropically inspired cocktail menu was a real hit - we chose the hibiscus cooler and garden island tea for signature drinks. For dessert, we ordered a small cutting cake from Plantation Gardens' baker and let our guests choose between the passion fruit cheesecake and a flourless chocolate cake. Sandi, the baker, gave us unlimited options for our cake, and it was fabulous. Our guests loved both of their choices. I recommend Plantation Gardens with the highest praise!

Claire · Married on 07/16/2016

Gina and the team at Plantation Gardens surpassed all of our expectations (and they were already high!). We booked everything online, and they were incredibly helpful and knowledgeable about what to expect/vendors to contact/everything else we had questions about. When we arrived in Kaua'i, we were blown away by the beauty of the gardens in person (the pictures do not do it justice). During the ceremony, everything went off without a hiccup... they set up and took down for our ceremony/musicians/cocktail hour silently in the background, without the guests even noticing. The servers were on hand at all times to refill drinks and serve fresh appetizers. The dinner was on the south lanai, which looks over the ceremony gardens and the koi pond. The guests were free to mingle on the lanai or on the lawn, which was lit with tiki torches as the night progressed. All together, it was a perfect evening hosted by a highly professional and affable team. We would highly recommend to Plantation Gardens to anyone considering a wedding venue in Poipu, Kaua'i.

If you want the best food and drink on the island look no further. The setting is fabulous for outside wedding followed by cocktail time,dinner and dancing. We bought out the restaurant for the night which is actually quite reasonable if you have 50 plus guests. Gina and staff were very professional and made the whole event.

J. · Married on 01/07/2016

We chose to have our wedding reception at Plantation Gardens, and we cannot say enough wonderful things about it. Planning a destination wedding from afar would give any bride anxiety, but from our first communications with Plantation Gardens (Mona at first, later transferred to Gina) we felt completely at ease. We were so impressed with Gina. She promptly responded to every email and went above and beyond, catering to our needs beyond what we requested. She has impeccable attention to detail. When we arrived, she had thought of and taken care of everything, which was such a relief for us. She is the sweetest person, and we loved working with her.

Plantation Gardens is not only beautiful, but the food is fantastic. We compared menus and prices between several reception venues, and by far, Plantation Gardens was the best value in terms of offering a high-quality event for a very reasonable price. The venue itself is very intimate and private, a former plantation house surrounded by an orchid garden on one side and a manicured lawn dotted with flowers and overhead twinkling lights leading to tall trees on the other. One guest said to us he felt like he was standing in a garden in Beverly Hills. We had cocktails and pupus on the lawn followed by a plated dinner on the open lanai. The waitstaff was very attentive to all of our guests throughout the evening. The food was great - steaks cooked to perfection, fresh-caught local seafood, and a delicious passionfruit vanilla buttercream cake.

We would highly recommend Plantation Gardens to anyone looking for a reception venue, and we certainly plan to dine in the restaurant every time we come back to the island in the future!

We selected this venue without seeing it and took a trip out to do some planning. We used this venue for our reception and did a full buy out. We can not say enough good things about Mona and her team. We planned this wedding from California and Mona made it so easy. She is genuine and caring- she makes you feel like your wedding is special even when she is helping plan tons of other events. My entire wedding planning experience was fun and easy because of Mona and PG. We also worked with Gina briefly and she was just as great as Mona.

The night of our reception, it was perfect. The staff was so nice and you really feel like you have an entire staff to yourself. The food and drinks are delicious. You get to personalize a menu and guests order at the dinner, there are no pre determined amounts of each dish. You also get to select 3 options! Joyce was incredible, she served our table which was our family. She made sure I had whatever I needed all night.

We sat our guests on the lanai and it was beautiful. You will also feel really secluded at this venue. I suggest hanging lights over the dance floor!

Jena · Married on 09/19/2015

My husband and I got married here in September 2015 and it was a complete dream come true! I have been going on family vacations to the Kiahuna Plantation since I was very little and I didn't even realize the Plantation Gardens restaurant existed until I was looking for a wedding venue. This place is a hidden GEM! The grounds are breathtakingly beautiful and when my husband and I visited we knew right away that this was the spot. Mona organized a night we could come to dinner while we were there so we could try the food and cocktail options on the event menu which was so fun and their food is amazing (it was even amazing on the wedding night which is hard to pull off). We ended up renting the venue out since we had 100 people coming in for the wedding which allowed us to have a DJ (Kustom Sounds, highly recommend them!) and dancing. The best part about planning a wedding at Plantation Gardens is getting to work with Mona! Mona was a dream coordinator to work with and made the wedding planning so do-able from California. The entire staff the night of our wedding was also fantastic and so accommodating. I wish I could give this venue more than 5 starts for a wedding location because it really just blew me out of the water. It offers such a unique wedding location, we received an overwhelming amount of positive feedback about the entire night. My recommendation, BOOK THIS VENUE! Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. We look forward to coming back to Kauai and enjoying dinner at the Plantation Gardens for years to come.
    Fun Tip: We used the Aloha Shuttle to get myself and the bridesmaids from our getting ready location to the ceremony which was a fun touch! Doug is awesome.

Erica · Married on 05/21/2015

I have been visiting Kauai since I was 8 and I never knew this place existed. Nestled away behind the Outrigger Kiahuna sits the Plantation Gardens Restaurant & Bar and I just happened to stumble upon it while I was walking back to my car from the beach.
    The setting is perfect! Our ceremony was under the Plumeria tree on the back lawn and our reception was on the back lanai. We had a bigger destination wedding, with about 60 people, and they all fit perfectly with plenty of room to move around. The food was outstanding! Probably some of the best food on Kauai and Sandy, their baker, was fabulous! Our cake was so good and all out guests were raving about it. We were eating it at the condo the morning after the wedding it was so good! She was so patient with me while I was so back and fourth with my cake decoration ideas. She also made me the perfect grooms cake, my husband (now) was blown away! Her cakes were everything we didn't know we wanted for our wedding cake.

However, the best part of the Plantation Gardens is Mona. Mona was so gracious, caring, and really got to know my husband and I. She was always in contact with us and did everything she could to make our day special.

I would highly recommend this venue to brides looking to get married on Kauai, it is by far the best location out there. Best location, best food, and best staff!! I guarantee you will worry about nothing if you book here!

• F

F · Married on 04/10/2015

Plantation Gardens was an amazing location for our destination wedding!!! Mona their event coordinator has exceptional customer service. The grounds are beautiful with the orchard garden. During our wedding we choose to have a semi private room so we picked the west lanai (there is a buy out options where you can have a dance floor/dj/ etc but since we are a smaller group and on a budget we passed). It was the perfect size for our party of 30 but you can fit up to 40. There was plenty of room for the little kids to run around without us having to worry about them because it's blocked off from the rest of the restaurant. The wait staff was on point! They made their rounds and tried to keep the drinks full. The food is mouthwatering delicious. Several of our guest commented that their meals were amazing. Started with pupu platters, wild mushroom spring rolls, crab rangoon, pot stickers, corn fritters and fruit skewers during cocktail hour. First Course- we had the lobster bisque or local mixed green salad with pears. Second Course- Fresh local fish, tomato & lobster salsa mash potato's, Grilled pork tenderloin with black forest rice or Beef tenderloin & lobster tail. Then we ended the night with wedding cake (cakes by Sandy). We had the carrot cake and kona cake, super moist and fluffy. Over all they did an amazing job, it's a beautiful venue and I'm sure you'll be extremely satisfied.

Heather · Married on 01/07/2015

Our wedding was absolutely perfect because of Mona at The Plantation. She truly helped make our day so special. The grounds are so breath taking with all the lush flowers. Our photos turned out beautiful with all the orchids in bloom. The food was so delicious our guest really enjoyed every last bite. We can not wait to go back!

ann · Married on 11/05/2014

We celebrated our daughters wedding with a dinner at Plantation Gardens. Let's start with Mona, the coordinator... professional, upbeat, organized, information, outgoing and I could go on. My husband and I own our own businesses (he is a gourmet food distributor, the grooms family owns very fine restaurants as well.... so we are tough to impress. The setting in the garden for cocktails was gorgeous and the appetizers were outstanding. The drink menu extensive and the service personalized and gracious not only during cocktail hour but throughout the entire evening. The food presentation and flavor was outstanding. The recommended florist did a wonderful job creating candle lit tables with simple but elegant table arrangements as well the cake supplier made a delicious and gorgeous cake. We are picky and we highly recommend Mona and Plantation Gardens for dinner and especially for special occasions.

Marian · Married on 09/08/2014

We have frequented this restaurant off and on for 30 years when we vacation in Hawaii, and have always really liked it. Because it had a special place in our hearts, we had our daughter's wedding reception here, and it was fantastic! Since it was a good sized destination wedding, we had almost all the appetizers along with many of their other dishes. The food was great and the portions plentiful. The service was outstanding; we were very impressed by their consistent attention to detail both in planning the event and during the event itself. They even went out of their way to accommodate special diets of some of our guests. Mona was the best -- a pleasure to deal with, very responsive, and always looking out for what worked well for us. We thought the restaurant buy-out package was a bargain, and really liked the choices it offered. And the setting is amazing. We would use them again in a heartbeat!

PG deserves many stars!!! I was the bride; I and my groom are originally from Hawaii, but now living in the mainland. We are naturally very picky, with high expectations, on services and vendors we choose, even beyond wedding matters. I want to start with Mona, the reception wedding coordinator. She was very responsive to all emails and phone calls; she typically returned my calls/emails within 24 hours, except for Saturday and Sunday, which is understandable. I had tons of questions, and I like that she was very upfront with what PG could and could not offer. Few downsides of PG were 1) ceremony is earlier than I would have wanted to, because PG opens at 5:30 pm to their other customers, 2) no amplifier to play music for first dance (I had initially planned of dancing hula, but later cancelled it). These may not be downsides to many couples. In fact, their outstanding service greatly outweighed any downside. One to two weeks before the wedding, I felt like we were the only couple that mattered to Mona and PG, they made us feel very special. We visited PG almost 1 year before our wedding, and PG did not hit perfect mark on few of the food choices we had. So, we asked for food tasting few days before our wedding, and they were very accommodating and very receptive on our feedback. As a result, our reception food was phenomenal!!! I did not hear any negative remark from our guests; they were very pleased with all the yummy drinks and food. Their pot roast was the biggest hit. Before the wedding, Mona and I had an estimate of cost, and although the added tax + 3% fee did not seem "right" then, PG and Mona deserved every dollar after experiencing their service. Sandi, their baker, made the most beautiful cake I've ever seen; I gave her pictures of our perfect cake, and she delivered! She made a sugar lace pink cake, with gray ribbon, glittery accent, and beautiful white/pink flowers. If there was a vendor who went above and beyond, it was PG.

Chrissie · Married on 08/17/2014

We had our ceremony at another location and then cocktail hour and dinner at Plantations Gardens. The staff was great and food and drinks were delicious. The setting was just perfect! Everyone had a great time!

Mona was great to work with leading up to the wedding. She was so friendly and had great recommendations for other wedding services.

Plantation Gardens is the top of the line in location, quality of food, and service.

From the very first email I received from the event coordinator, Mona Garcia, I knew I was in good hands. She is extremely detail oriented, patient, efficient, and kind. I sent her several emails throughout the planning process and she returned my emails within 24 hours unless working on a wedding during the weekend. She gave us fabulous recommendations for our menu, assured me of the best lanai to host our wedding reception, and gave fantastic referrals for additional services. Once we arrived, Mona met with both my fiancé and I to review our menu and make certain that all of the details were just as we had imagined. Throughout the evening of our wedding, Mona quietly observed the reception, making sure that every single detail was spot on and checked in with us to assure our needs were being met throughout the evening.

Our guests raved about the delicious assortment of appetizers, cocktails (we opted for an open bar), dinner selections, and cake. The ambiance was dreamlike with tiki torches, fragrant smell of local flowers, the sounds of waves breaking on the beach nearby, and the soft breeze keeping us comfortably cool on our outside lanai.

In addition, for the price, this location and quality of service cannot be beat. In all, we paid the same amount for airfare for our family of five, three weeks of vacation in Kauai, and our entire wedding as the average couple spends on a wedding reception. The memories we built throughout the whole experience were priceless.

You are in great hands with Mona Garcia at the Plantation Gardens.

Jen · Married on 07/23/2014

Mona Garcia and all the employees at the Plantation Gardens were extremely helpful coordinating the details for our small reception dinner after our wedding. The staff was extremely pleasant, the Moir Room was beautiful and just the right size for our small party, and the food was amazing. We were married offsite, but their gardens are beautiful and would make a lovely backdrop for pictures for weddings. I would recommend Plantation Gardens Restaurant to anyone looking for a special experience.

Claire · Married on 07/10/2014

Great service!! They took care of cake and place settings too! Also an awesome place for pictures

My wife and I decided a year ago to get married in Poipu during July 2014. Looking around for a location to hold a reception-style dinner a couple days after the wedding ceremony, we discovered Plantation Gardens. We met with Mona when we visited in January 2014 to meet vendors and we were so relieved how incredibly helpful she was with planning our event. Her attention to detail and friendly nature were so welcome. Both the restaurant and lawn were great and could have definitely held our wedding if we had decided not to have it on the beach. Either that night or the night after, we came back for dinner to try the food, which was awesome! We were totally sold and could not wait to bring our 78 guests back in to dine with us. The rest of staff were truly amazing, they even wore the sunglasses we provided to our guests during the evening! The food was beyond delicious. All our guests had a blast eating, dancing to DJ Donovan and enjoying Sandi’s cupcakes. Thanks again for allowing us and our guests to have such a memorable experience at our wedding.