Mystic Aquarium Reviews

1 User photo

• Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 05/03/2019

A Beautiful Venue

Got married here May 3rd. I couldn’t be happier with how everything went. The only critiques I have are of the cement in front of the beluga tank. There was many a hole for my heels to slip into. Luckily I didn’t fall at all. But it was crazy to navigate haha. Otherwise, Juno was the star of the wedding ceremony and I cannot complain about that whatsoever. The reception was gorgeous set up on the main aquarium floor. Surrounded by fish and jellies and turtles, it was amazing.

Sent on 05/23/2019

Kathy and the rest of the staff at Ocean Blue catering did a great job of making sure my wedding was perfect! The food was absolutely delicious, and all of my guests raved about how amazing the short ribs were. The venue was so beautiful that we were able to get away with simple centerpieces. Everyone loved the penguin encounter, and we smile every time we look at our wedding photos and see how unique the day was.

Ultimately, I think you're either the type of person to get married at an aquarium, or you aren't. If you are, this place is perfect!

Sent on 08/07/2015
  • Kara

Kara · Married on 08/13/2011

kathy and her team at ocean blue are beyond wonderful! everyone has been raving about the food since the wedding. they were very professional, prompt with service and went above and beyond to make it perfect. Definitely would recommend them to ANYONE! Best caterers around! hats off to ocean blue - and their profit if for a great cause!

Thanks Ocean Blue!!

Kara and Will Colon

Sent on 08/28/2011

Rachael · Married on 09/16/2006

What an amazing place to have a wedding!!! The ambiance is gorgeous, and your guests will NEVER forget your special day! We held the ceremony on the lakeside patio and the reception indoors, in the main part of the aquarium. Guests could explore and see the sites during the reception. The only problem we had is that it is difficult to take good photographs in the aquarium, so make sure your photographer "practices" before hand!

Sent on 02/15/2008

April · Married on 07/20/2002

This was an absolutely AMAZING place to have a wedding reception. It didn't cost anything more to have the party here than at even a fancy banquet hall, and had WAY more charm, beauty, uniqueness and class than any mere function room. How can you beat a coral reef, shark tank, tide pool, belugas, etc for decorations, ambiance? We spent almost nothing on decorations because the Aquarium itself is so gorgeous inside and out. They also catered the event, and have a TON of options, from cocktail hour fare to full sit-down meals. We opted for two different types of stations, and guests could go up to each as many times as they liked and then sat down at tables along the Aquarium's main floor, surrounded by beautiful fish tanks, etc. to eat. The food was fantastic.

The staff was incredibly attentive to detail, went far above and beyond the services we paid for, and were really interested in giving our special day as much attention to detail as possible. They made some special accommodations for us, too. You are a little limited as to exact times you can start your party due to the fact that it is a working Aquarium, but we managed to have a 6 hour party starting at 7pm, and I think that's plenty.

My guests years later comment that it was the best reception they've ever been to (even fathers who have since celebrated their own kids' weddings!), and no one I've met can top the Aquarium as a venue! I HIGHLY recommend it.

Sent on 07/29/2008
  • Diane

Diane · Married on 05/07/2011

The Aquarium got rave reviews from all of our guests. The event planner, Kathy, helped me plan the event, and they supplied someone (who we had also met with) on the day of the wedding to help coordinate. I do wish she had been a little easier to find on the wedding day, and we did have an issue with our cake running out because they cut the pieces too big. These were really pretty minor things, though, and overall we had a really great experience at the Aquarium and have no regrets choosing them!

The food (Ocean Blue Catering) was definitely the best wedding food I've ever had, even if I may be biased. Our buffet was extremely high quality food, including prime rib and ravioli in a lobster cream sauce. I wished I were less excited and more hungry so I could eat more of it!

I thought the price was extremely reasonable for everything that was included, and it was such a memorable location for a wedding.

Sent on 06/30/2011

Jessica · Married on 06/27/2009

Kathy at the aquarium was fantastic! She worked with us to provide us with what was perfect for us. We were able to create our own menu with our favorite foods at no additional cost! We brought in our own centerpieces even though we could have used hers. She responded to every one of my millions of emails that I sent to her, usually the same day. She was a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 11/28/2009

Eva · Married on 10/17/2009

3.0

The aquarium is a spectacular venue to have a reception. The food is excellent, and you can really make it a special experience for everyone. Where else can you dine with the sea lions, sharks, and clown fish!

Sent on 11/03/2009

Maddie · Married on 09/29/2007

3.0
      1.0
      2.0

We loved our wedding, and loved that it was at an aquarium... however, the Mystic Aquarium was very unprofessional, changing their minds throughout our entire experience- and at the last minute wouldn't let us use our DJ. We were disappointed with their professionalism.

Sent on 06/08/2008