MorningStar Photography Reviews

45 | Columbia, MD

45 Reviews for MorningStar Photography

Keiva · Married on 08/24/2013

Alan is very good at what he does. He may come across a little aggressive while giving direction at times. But if you learn how to interpret his direction, the outcome is a collection of AWESOME photos. If you can afford it, definitely have Alan shoot your engagement photos so you can get comfortable for the wedding day. Alan arrived on time to our venue and set up his lighting. He stayed the entire night and came up with some amazing ways to take photos in the hotel grand staircase. I love the fact that we had photos online within a day! I can not wait to see the complete album!

Sent on 08/26/2013

Miya · Married on 07/27/2012

Carla and Alan were so helpful with making our wedding day photos great! Alan was there on our big day capturing such moments as we prepared for the big day, as our cermony took place, and the reception. He even captured great photos of my pooch! We absolutely love his work and would recommend this vendor for phtotography.

Sent on 10/13/2012

Awesome! One of my friend recommended this photographer to me. She had good wedding pictures from Morningstar photography. This is reasonable price. I guess the average pricing rate in Northern VA is unreasonably expensive. However, Morningstar has good pricing and also good quality of the photography. I love them!! Photographer, Mike, he is so kind and he considered about bride and groom first! He knows how to pose us. :)

Sent on 07/22/2012

Nicole · Married on 06/09/2012

Simply wonderful! Morningstar Photography did a superb job with our engagement photos and wedding photos. We have beautiful photos that will be treasured for life. Very professional and attentive. They truly brought out the personalities of me and my husband in our photos.

You took an idea and created a vision for our photos that we could not have imagined.

Thank you.

- Nicole and Jose

Sent on 06/12/2012

Tara · Married on 03/24/2012

Let me start by saying that from the first time I met with Carla and Alan I knew that I would be choosing Morningstar Photography for my wedding ! ( I booked with them the same day to ensure they would be available for my wedding). They went over all the details big and small and were always available if I had any questions or concerns. Alan was my photographer and he was very professional and such a pleasure to work with. He was at my venue early to ensure that he could capture every moment from start to finish. It was a very rainy day and we were running late but Alan still managed to take so many pictures , from posed to candid and everything in between ! When we received our dvd I was amazed at not only how many pictures he took but how creative he was in doing so...even capturing moments that we as the couple missed. It was very hard to choose pictures for the wedding album !
    Thank you MorningStar and Alan for taking such stunning, and simply amazing pictures !!!! I still look at them almost everyday and smile.....thanks for the beautiful memories!!!

Sent on 09/09/2012

Natasha · Married on 10/28/2011

We worked with Alan and he was fabulous. I just received my wedding DVD and it's full of so many beautiful pictures. Alan is extremely friendly and a pleasure to work with. When Alan arrived to shoot the bridal party getting ready, things were pretty hectic but he was extremely professional and even hung up my dress (which was in the adjoining room) himself so he could shoot it. I was running behind schedule but Alan waited for me to get dressed before he left the hotel to head for the church so he that he could get pictures of me getting into my dress, etc. At the reception, Alan blended into the crowd but still managed to take very candid, beautiful shots (a testament to his non-obtrusive manner). We just received the DVD of all the images and there are so many beautiful ones that we are having a difficult time deciding which ones to select for the album! His work is definitely of the best quality. His wife,Carla, handles the administrative end and he is great also.

Sent on 11/17/2011

Stacey · Married on 09/30/2011

If I were to sum up my wedding photos in one word it would be “stunning”. I am in complete awe how gorgeous my wedding photos are. Allen did a phenomenal job of capturing everything from the smallest detail to the rawest emotions. His style is very creative and he challenges you to try different poses and angels settings to get the best results. As the bride I felt like a model on my wedding day. I have received feedback from my guests “best wedding photos we have seen” and “I can’t stop looking at your wedding photos”. Allen arrived at the hotel early the day of my wedding and his timing could not have been better as I was getting my make applied. He shot pictures the entire day, candid and posed shots. His wife Carla is professional to work with and they make a great team. I received the CD of all of my photo’s three weeks after my wedding. It was like Christmas opening the package I was so excited! Allen took so many photos that the choices are limitless. I chose Morningstar Photography for Allen’s photojournalistic style and originality. My expectations were exceeded. If you need a photographer for an upcoming wedding or event, look no further, hire Morningstar Photography!!

Sent on 10/28/2011

Shaniece · Married on 11/06/2010

MorningStar were definitely the best choice for our wedding. From the beginning Alan and Carla were so easy to work with and always very nice. Our wedding photos are FANTASTIC. Alan captured the special moments and all the little details. My family is still talking about the wedding and the photos were a great way to relive the entire event. We recently recieved our storybook and it truly is something we will be able to keep forever and share with our kids, grandkids, etc. MorningStar is THE best and my husband and I plan on working with them again in the future. The prices are also reasonable, they will work with you to create what YOU want for your wedding.

Sent on 10/14/2011
  • amy

amy · Married on 09/18/2010

I have nothing but AMAZING to things to say about Morning Star Photography!! The images that were produced were more than we could have ever wanted! Tim was our photographer and not only was he extremely personable but also managed to get gorgeous photos of our wedding without being intrusive. Our wedding photos are artistic, beautiful and tell our story from beginning to end. They are also extremely affordable! Carla and Alan (the owners) were also a pleasure to work with producing our finished edited images in a very timely manner! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM TO EVERYONE!!

Sent on 08/15/2012

Jennifer · Married on 08/14/2010

Our wedding was on 8/14/2010, let me just say Thank You to Mr. Alan and his wife for making this a very easy process. On our wedding day, Mr. Alan was at my home bright and early, earlier than I thought, which was good:) He was very professional taking the photos of me getting ready and of my gown. He made sure to take all the necessary shots for our wedding. Even when there was a mishap at the reception with the videograher ( missing montage), he assured me to just enjoy the day and just try to calm me down since I was upset with the montage cd not being available. He worked with my Event Coordinator (1840's Ballroom-Juan) and my wedding planner to ensure that I take my mind off of this small mishap and take impromtu pictures with my husband on the reception site. Thanks so much Mr. Alan for everything. we can't wait to see our pictures...Thanks for providing OUTSTANDING, FRIENDLY AND AWESOME...THANKS FOR BEING A PART OF MY DREAM TEAM ON OUR WEDDING DAY:)
    Note: Brides to be- I had the package deal with Morning Star and Video Express,but I rather had gone with a different Videographer( because I had to call them to find out who my person was, even though thier contract states different).
    Morning Star Photography is our best choice....thanks.--MY DREAM TEAM:)

Sent on 08/31/2010

Katie · Married on 08/07/2010

Alan, and Carla made it so easy for my husband and I to chose them. Alan took amazing pictures. I have never seen so many different types of different looks they can add to a picture, besides black and white, and a regular looking photo! That's another reason I loved them so much! The photo's were breathtaking, and I couldn't have asked or picked a better photographer! We have so many that are all beautiful that we plan on buying them all! They are extremely artistic with there work. I would recommend them to every bride to be! Alan even took a few pictures of me getting ready, when he wasn't really supposed to, and that shows how much these people care about there customers! They were very quick to do all of the posting online, and have great options for my family and friends to order pictures! Carla was always a phone call away to answer the millions of questions I had. Alan was extremely professional. They weren't over priced for the amazing work they did! I couldn't be happier with there services and our pictures!

Sent on 09/08/2010

Alayne · Married on 06/19/2010

We got married last weekend and can't say enough great things about Alan. He was wonderful!!! We dragged him around all night to take various pictures and he was very helpful. Really, he was just wonderful. Very easy to work with and very professional. The pictures we've seen so far were great. Can't wait to see the others! Our engagement pictures were lovely and you can't beat the price for the quality that you receive.

Sent on 06/21/2010

Michelle · Married on 06/19/2010

We had Tim as our photographer and we LOVED him!!!! He was extremely professional and knowledgable. Tim helped answer questions when our wedding coordinator was missing. He even had a family emergency the day of the wedding but none of my guests knew and he never let it show. The pictures came out beautifully. The MorningStar team is easy to work with and the process could not have gone more smooth. Their prices are reasonable and they offer several great packages.

Sent on 07/21/2010

Caprice · Married on 06/05/2010

Words cannot express my gratitude to Alan and Carla for there outstanding professionalism. Morningstar gave me more than I expected for wedding photographer. I was impressed that Alan had my photos edited and posted on their convenient website in no time for my family and friends to view. Morningstar (for a lack of a better word) is Phenominal.

Sent on 06/18/2010

DeMia · Married on 05/15/2010

Carla and Alan were wonderful. From our first meeting to after the event they were responsive and full of information.

My family is full of divas. Alan was able to handle everyone's egos and take beautiful pictures. Plus, our timeline was tight. We were able to take all of our pictures and make it to the reception in a timely fashion.

Sent on 06/08/2010

Chantia · Married on 03/27/2010

My wedding day was March 27, 2010, I would like to take this moment to say THANK YOU MorningStar Photography for your hardwork and dedication to your clients. For a year on WeddingWire and other websites, I searched for potential photographers to capture my big day as I envisioned. One day I gave up hope and ran across MorningStar Photography. After reviewing their photo gallery and reviews I was impressed. My husband and I made an appointment the next day. Alan and Carla are so down to earth, courteous and professional. The different album packages they offer are very affordable. About a week before my wedding Carla was very responsive to my last minute questions. It was like having a second mother to keep me calm and encourge me that things would run smoothly on my big day. I was truly bless to have had Alan as my photographer. The day of my wedding Alan was prompt, professional and always had a smile. Your vision and inspiration Alan is like no other. Our wedding cd received many compliments and it contains over 800 pictures. Alan you made this ordinary women look absolutely gorgeous in my dress. The saying " You get what you pay for" is self-evident in your wedding album. Brides to be if your looking for outstanding service, prompt, professional, courteous, devoted, responsive, and inspiration I highly recommend MorningStar Photography.

Sent on 09/12/2010

Yvonne · Married on 11/15/2009

Alan and Carla are THE BEST! Their service and professionalism was more than I could have dreamed of. The pictures turned out wonderful with such creativity and artistic talent.
    I highly recommend Morning Star!

Sent on 12/04/2009

Christina & Joseph · Married on 09/19/2009

Alan and Carla are a fabulous team! Our wedding photos are AMAZING!! Their patience and professionalism is OUTSTANDING! I highly recommend MorningStar Photography!

Sent on 09/07/2012

Rebecca · Married on 04/18/2009

When my daughter , Amanda went searching for a photographer on the internet,
    I as the mother of the Bride was frantic. She loved Morning Star Photography of
    Columbia's web site and made an appointment and met with Carla and Alan @ their home immediately. I was very sceptical but "we took a shot in the dark and hit a
    BULLSEYES" and we have not even decided on pictures yet. The wedding was
    04/18/09 and I have never been to a wedding where the Photographer was so
    everyway but NEVER intrusive or bothersome. Tim, you are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We loved working with you as a family and can not wait to see the final product.
    Call them. They will not disappoint @ 1-410-730-7515

Mom of the Bride

Sent on 05/08/2009

Keith · Married on 11/09/2008

Morningstar Photography did a wonderful job capturing our wedding moments.

Alan was great to work with and is an utmost professional.

Me and my bride were impressed by his photo-journalistic approach to picture taking and were amazed by his ability to take photos that we didn't even know he had taken.

Alan is definitely a master at his craft.

It would be a mistake not to have Alan as your photographer is you had the chance.

Sent on 12/11/2008
  • Charnita

Charnita · Married on 10/04/2008

As soon as my fiance' proposed to me, I knew immediately who I wanted to capture our day through photography. There wasn’t a need to search for others because I’ve experience Alan’s professionalism and creative eye for photography at my girlfriends wedding. It had been several years ago however, one never forgets quality customer service and unique finished products. Our initial meeting went very well and the day of our wedding Alan was prompt, welcoming, courteous and professional. It wasn't until we received our proofs that we realized that he was all over "it". Not only were we absolutely impressed and satisfied with our pictures but, our family and friends were too. Thank you Alan so much for capturing every special moment of our wedding day so eloquently. And we can not forget Carla. Thank you for your patience and superb customer service, even when we called seven o’clock in the morning.

MorningStar Photography is a prime example of "you get what you pay for" and our pictures and slideshow are truly worth every dime. It was a pleasure working with such a GREAT team. MorningStar Photography comes highly recommended by...

The Bowldings

Sent on 01/08/2009

janet · Married on 03/10/2007

Before I met with Morningstar's Photographer Alan Rein, I met with a few other pnotographers. The other photographers work did not compare to Morningstar. Right off the bat I knew I would hire Alan. His professionalism and knowlege as well as his work were outstanding. The pictures of my entire wedding are simply gorgeous. I would highly recommend Morningstar Photography.

Sent on 06/29/2007

Roxana · Married on 10/21/2006

It was a pleasure working with MorningStar Photography. My husband and I were absolutely impressed with our wedding photos. The quality of their work and their attention to detail can be seen in each photo and we receive compliments every time we show our album!

Sent on 06/19/2007

Latonya · Married on 07/23/2006

Morning Star has the most dynamic, inspirational and professional photographers in the Washington, DC metro area. We were honored to have them to memorialize the most special day in one's life.......our wedding. Our experience with Morning Star was overall a wonderul one. From start to finish they were very knowledgable of their products and services and they were very helpful in educating my husband and I on what they offer. The prices were great for the excellent work that is produced. We have found our family photographers and we plan to use Morning Star in the years to come. We look forward to future projects with our friends at Morning Star.

Sent on 06/11/2007

Chanda · Married on 12/22/2005

Without any reservations, I highly recommend MorningStar photography. I don't know where to begin... Alan and Carla were the most supportive factors of my wedding day. Alan gave me direction, in terms of the pictures, but beyond my expectations, directed me in the wedding itself. At times, I was so confused and frustrated with the planners, I could not believe my photographer reassured me that my wedding was magical. Truly, he was my therapist in the mist of chaos. He organized the wedding party and my pictures flawlessly. What I under estimated was that MorningStar was just photographs, not experienced wedding professionals that were experts in weddings, in general. This was my first wedding, I had no idea. It was comforting to know I was in great hands. And the pictures.... they just made me cry. My day was captured in a way that I am forever grateful.

Chanda