Monica Chimes Floral Reviews

22 | West Harrison, NY

22 Reviews for Monica Chimes Floral

Erin W. · Married on 10/18/2019

Beyond amazing. I am overjoyed.

I cannot say enough positive things. Monica was a dream and made my wedding day beyond special and beautiful. From my first phone call with her, she just immediately understood the vibe I was going for. Before I could mention a certain flower etc, she would mention it and she just got me. I told her my budget and she truly honored it. I went into her shop about a month before the wedding. I met Monica and Melissa, and they were both such a joy to work with. Any last minute requests or questions I had, they were there to put my mind at ease. And truly, they delivered. All of my expectations were exceeded. When my bouquet arrived, I was stunned at how absolutely perfect and beautiful it was. Not to mention it smelt, AMAZING. The men's boutonnieres arrived perfectly stored and labeled. The bridesmaid's bouquets were perfect. When I arrived to the venue and saw our reception room, I was truly blown away. It was stunning. The simple elegance I had envisioned and then some. I could not have asked for anything more. I received countless compliments on the centerpieces and my bouquet, the greens, the escort table EVERYTHING.
    From start to finish, Monica and Melissa were beyond accommodating, professional, timely and a total joy. I will be using Monica Chimes for all future floral needs. Please do not hesitate to hire for your wedding. I am so grateful that I did.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Lesley · Married on 06/01/2019

Great flowers

We used Monica for our wedding earlier this month and could not have been happier with how our flowers turned out. She captured my vision exactly and was easy to work with.

Sent on 06/14/2019

Rose · Married on 11/03/2018

Best Florist!

Monica from start to finish was the most amazing florist! We met Monica through my MIL, and from the moment we met, I knew she was a perfect choice to do our wedding. She sat with us and went over every detail, never pressuring me or making me feel silly for not knowing anything about flowers. She gave us her input, and helped us figure out what would work best for our budget. She was professional throughout the whole process, but also so kind and caring. Two weeks before the wedding, Monica called me and explained that because the weather became so cold so quickly, we would have to change all the flowers. Obviously, that was very stressful to hear. But Monica spoke with at length multiple times and gave me multiple new options, which helped ease all of the stress. The day of the wedding, I knew my trust was being rewarded. All of the flowers looked amazing, and lasted such a long time! Monica and her team did the most spectacular job making our wedding look magical!

Sent on 12/02/2018
  • Jaimie

Jaimie · Married on 10/06/2018

Monica provided flowers and curtains for my wedding last Saturday and she was absolutely amazing! I know nothing about flowers and went into our first meeting totally clueless, but she was friendly and so helpful from the very beginning. I only told her the colors I wanted for my wedding and provided a few inspirational images I found online, but when I saw the final product, I was beyond amazed! Her flowers are also much more reasonably priced compared to other flower shops in the area. I told her my budget and she stuck by it. Monica and her team are true professionals and always responded promptly to all requests. Don't hesitate to use her! I highly recommend her not just for weddings, but for ALL events!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Lindsay · Married on 11/10/2017

We worked with Tim, and we had such a wonderful experience working with him. I had an idea of what I wanted (just a few pictures from pinterest that highlighted my color schemes and some design ideas) and he created the most beautiful arrangements! I was beyond in love with my bouquet, and even though I had high hopes it had exceeded my expectations. The floral arch that he created was also something that looked like it was picked off of a pinterest dream board. We loved getting to work with him and are so happy we chose Monica Chimes!

Sent on 11/16/2017

C · Married on 05/27/2017

My wedding was in May 2017 and the team at Monica Chimes did a superb job. I highly recommend them for any event work. The floral component of the wedding was very important to us as we love gardens, I wanted to incorporate some flowers from my home country, and we had some table decorations to use in the floral arrangements. I spoke to a number of florists seeking quotes, and the staff at Monica Chimes were the ones who really understood what I wanted, and then presented me with some excellent options. They were so excited about the table decorations and incorporated it into their designs right away, and they have sample bouquets and other decorations in the shop so you can get a good understanding of what they will design. They sourced some roses that were a close match to the ones from my home country. You can pay with credit card or check, so there were no envelops of cash to manage on the wedding day. We were able to easily adjust the quote based on final numbers and a late change to the wedding party. We also wanted a large, wooden cake board to display the cake, and after we couldn't find one big enough online, Monica Chimes' team sourced one and it's now available to rent from them. Every time I had to speak or email with the staff, it was a pleasant and professional experience (unlike some of the other wedding vendors). The customer service is excellent. My family and guests loved the floral and table arrangements and still mention it when they speak about the wedding, and I have already used them again. If the flowers are a really important component for your event, then I would trust Tim and his team to deliver beautiful designs for you.

Sent on 11/27/2017

Danielle · Married on 10/29/2016

We were soo happy that we chose Monica Chimes Floral as our florist for our wedding. We had an idea of what we wanted, but weren't exactly sure how to go about executing it and that's where Monica Chimes & her team came in. We showed her the style & colors we wanted, she took it from there and created the most beautiful centerpieces and bouquets that were even better than I had imagined. She even surprised us with some extra special touches to make our sweetheart table look beautiful and different from anything I had ever seen. You could really see the attention to detail and thoughtfulness that was put into everything. We were so happy with how everything came out & would definitely recommend!!

Sent on 12/27/2016

I got married on December 18 at the New York Botanical Gardens, and we had a Christmas Woodlands theme. Monica Chimes was the first and only florist I visited when planning my wedding because I knew from the start, Monica, and her colleague Michelle, were the ones I wanted to work with. My mom came with me, and she even agreed right then and there this is who we wanted for the flowers. I showed them my invitation and some other pictures of my theme and they embraced it right away! They seemed more excited about my theme than me! This gave me confidence that my wedding decor would have the atmosphere I wanted.....it was perfect! Everyone loved it! Monica Chimes brought the outdoors in, with little animal figurines, pines, holiday greens, lights, ribbons and berries. It was so, so beautiful and festive. I knew they were going to do an amazing job, but I was truly blown away by how lovely the room looked and by how my bouquet turned out. I gave them a picture of the bouquet that I liked, and they took that picture a step beyond and gave me a bouquet that I couldn't stop staring at! Finally, I had an arbor for us to stand under during the ceremony, which was then moved behind out sweetheart table. It was so beautiful and again, people couldn't stop looking at it! Thanks again, Monica Chimes! Highly recommended!

Sent on 12/22/2015

K · Married on 10/10/2015

Monica Chimes Floral is incredible! After visiting with many florists, I knew that Monica was definitely the one because she was so upbeat, real and into it. From the moment I walked into her shop for the consultation she made me feel comfortable. She literally brought my vision to life by grabbing flowers from around her shop and piecing something together right in front of me… that’s when I knew that she was the perfect fit! I remember walking out of there thinking “If she could do that in 5 minutes with miscellaneous flowers and things she had around her shop – I can’t imagine what our centerpieces will really look like!”. It was awesome! I was going for a rustic chic, very mystical look with lanterns as the focal point and she aced it! Our lanterns were draped with moss, flowers, votive candles, and more. We went for “simple” look for our bridal party bouquets and boutonnieres – yet she still put a unique and personalized twist on them too! Oh – and not to mention my bouquet… even though I couldn’t put my vision into words, she somehow made it come to life exactly as I imagined it. She is awesome and such a pleasure to work with! Thank you Monica Chimes Floral!!!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Jacqueline · Married on 09/20/2015

Monica was absolutely amazing to work with! I knew right from the start that I had made the right decision by choosing Monica Chimes. She was so flexible and worked with us every step of the way. Her patience and creativity was a huge plus! Monica's warm and outgoing personality made working with her such a pleasure. Our entire process was easy going and stress free. Monica listened to everything we wanted and truly did an amazing job with our flowers. From the church, to the reception hall- everything was stunning!!!! the compliments were flying, and we couldn't have been more happy. I was in love with every single detail. Monica was able to get my peonies flowers in August, which are pretty hard to get this time of year. She surprised me and I cant thank her enough for making our special day even more amazing. I highly recommend her services to any bride-to be because she was the BEST!!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Monica was a pleasure to work with. I was super happy with all of the centerpieces and decorations that she created for my wedding! I would definitely use Monica Chimes again. Thank you so much Monica!!! :)

Sent on 06/01/2015

I have been looking forward to writing my review of Monica Chimes Floral since we first met with Monica a few months before our wedding - and even more thrilled to write it now that our wedding was just a few weeks ago. She was specifically and enthusiastically recommended by staff at our wedding venue - the NY Botanical Gardens. We were beyond thrilled with the floral details she and our staff set up for our wedding - so many compliments from our family and friends! Most of all, Monica is truly a pleasure to meet and work with - has this uncanny ability to extract from your inarticulate, floral-novice ramblings and propose elegant, gorgeous ideas - and keep you on or below budget! For our wedding, she provided an absolutely gorgeous arch with curly willow, greens and white roses - the stuff of fantasies! Our centerpieces were flawless (we enjoyed them for two weeks after our wedding), my bouquet was perfect and overall, we just loved everything - the floral decor really pulled together our wedding venue - our goal was "elegant understatement" and everything about her work was simply stunning. Best of all, Monica is straightforward and incredibly sweet and helpful in every way. Truly, she and her staff made our day so special and beautiful, we cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Monica Chimes took my vision for my wedding flowers and brought them to life. Keeping within my budget and taking time to understand what I was looking for, they created centerpieces and bouquets just how I imagined them. Both Monica and Stacy exemplify professionalism, creativity, and exceptional customer service. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Michelle · Married on 10/09/2011

Words Can't Describe!!
    I got married in the beginning of October of this year and I had Monica and her team prepare my flowers for the wedding. My mother had used Monica to do my Bridal Shower in July of this year and I knew from how outstanding the decor for that was that I HAD to use her again!! Words Can't Describe what an AMAZING job her and her team did! Im not someone who is really creative so all Monica had said to me was, " Just give me a color scheme and the feel that you want for your day and I will make it happen!" She did everything so perfect and my Boquet, Girls Boquets and Center pieces were the most beautiful things I had ever seen! I still have friends and family calling me to rave about my flowers!!! Monica you did more then I could have asked for and I want to thank you so much for making my wedding day so beautiful!!!...

Sent on 11/15/2011

Alaina · Married on 08/13/2011

Monica is down to earth, and will always get you whatever you want, which turns out beautiful. Also notable is that she is honest, and won't try to scam you into buying things you don't need, like many other wedding vendors will!

I totally recommend her!

Sent on 08/24/2011

Krista · Married on 05/29/2011

Six words: Monica Chimes is an incredible florist. She and her team, especially Stacy (who worked for David Tutera), do an incredible job of bringing a bride’s vision to life. During the planning stages I did my due diligence by meeting with a handful of florists in the area, getting bids, and hearing how they would create what I had imagined for my flowers. A few of those florists were gruff when I asked if I could see a sample, others nice, but NONE made me feel like I was the only bride they were working with other than Monica. Monica and I sat down, discussed the basics; colors, number of people in the bridal party, number of tables, budget, etc, and then she took me through tons of different flower options in books and in her refrigerator to find the perfect combinations. She didn’t hesitate when I asked if she could make a sample centerpiece for my MIL (who was paying for the flowers), my mom, and me to check out. The three of us came a week later and I was blown away. It was exactly as I had imagined with floating candles accenting the flowers, and orchids floating in the vase. Seeing the sample confirmed my feeling that Monica was the right choice. Monica and I chatted a bunch of times throughout the eight months or so before the wedding about changing a flower here and there, the layout for high and low centerpieces, and even when I had to cut a few things to save on the budget she was able to figure out another way to make it work. The entire experience made me feel so at ease that I knew everything would be perfect on the wedding day. This was actually the only part of the wedding planning that I didn’t have to lose one wink of sleep over. On the day of the wedding the flowers were delivered exactly on time, Stacy even surprised me by coming to the salon to hand deliver my bridal bouquet and give me a big hug and best wishes from Monica (who was on location setting up the church and reception venue). Everything about this experience was perfect. The only thing I was bummed out about was that I had to leave for my honeymoon and couldn’t enjoy the flowers for the week after the wedding! :) Many of my guests took the centerpieces and bouquets home and said they lasted for 7-10 days! If you are looking for a quality florist with quality flowers who will give you her undivided attention and make you feel like she is actually part of the bridal party, go with Monica Chimes. She will make your flower dreams come true! (Sorry, that was cheesy, but it’s the truth). :) Happy Wedding!

Sent on 11/13/2011

Christina · Married on 10/08/2010

Monica did the most beautiful job on our wedding flowers. I wanted something different and all I had to do was explain my vision, she got it on the money! The flowers were more amazing than I even imagined.

Sent on 05/10/2011

Lauren · Married on 10/11/2009

If you want THE MOST SPECTACULAR flowers for the wedding of your dream then look no further than Monica Chimes Floral!!
    When my Husband and I were in the wedding/flower planning process, and I couldn't put my finger on exactly what I wanted. Monica Chimes took my personality into consideration - as well as the feel that we wanted to evoke - and created the most perfect color combination, for my bouquets and floral arrangements that any bride can ask for! Monica was incredible to work with, patient and fun! She listened to every detail that I asked for and put it into a reality. I couldn't have been happier with the spectacular results! The personal attention that she gives, as well as the creative expertise and knowledge of trends she brings made the entire process seamless and enjoyable. I HIGHLY recommend this florist to anyone who needs flowers for their wedding or any type of occassion! If anyone wants PERFECT in your flower detail....use Monica Chimes Floral!!!

Sent on 03/11/2011

Laura · Married on 08/22/2008

Monica Chimes=Stunning Flowers!!!!
    I used Monica Chimes floral for my wedding in August . The flowers were absolutley georgeous and exactly what I asked for. With the help of Monica herself, they were the perfect color and arrangement. Monica and her staff were so nice and helpful and it was a great expericence. I got so many compliments on my flowers!! I would definately reccomend using this place for your wedding!

Sent on 11/16/2011

Carolyn · Married on 09/21/2013

From the minute my daughter and I met Monica we knew she was the florist we would be working with for the wedding. She has great energy and many wonderful ideas. We just had so much fun creating the look we wanted. Monica took the time to show us ideas we discussed and was always available to us to answer questions along the way. The center pieces and the bouquets the Chuppah and the who atmosphere in the ballroom was incredibly beautiful!

Sent on 02/23/2014

Gemma · Married on 08/26/2017

I really enjoyed working with Monica and those in her studio, with whom I can tell she is very close not just as co-workers but also as friends. She is a very bubbly, warm, friendly, down-to-earth person. Right away, I could tell we could be conversational and relaxed with one another throughout the process, that she would endure my bridal worrying and fussing with good humor, while, importantly, she still consistently responded to and worked with me in a timely and thoughtful way. She gave me a lot of time and feedback whenever I requested it. I give four instead of five stars because on our wedding day, all the bouquets had bright pink garden roses instead of blush, a color that was not in my contract and is unfortunately not a color I really like at all. I have to imagine this was due to extenuating circumstances, though, because in all other ways, Monica was wonderful, and I'm grateful to her for all of it.

Sent on 09/09/2017

Emily · Married on 06/24/2017

0.4
      0.5

Unfortunately I have to cut down my review because of space, so here's the short version. . .

Monica Chimes Floral, Inc. was not only the worst wedding vendor experience I had while planning my wedding in June but Monica personally is one of the worst people I have ever met and dealt with.
    On the day of the wedding bouquets were just dropped off in the room and the flower colors for my bouquet and the four bridesmaids were TOTALLY INCORRECT. Not only did I clearly tell Monica and her employees that I ONLY wanted peach, yellow, white and blue flowers MANY times but it was clearly written in our contract. I even created and sent them my own booklet of pictures and descriptions detailing EVERYTHING. Not only did the bouquets have bright hot pink flowers but the "blue" was actually purple. They also picked the worst type of flower for a bouquet, ones that instantly fell apart. Another issue we had was that the vases they used for the aisle flowers were supposed to be in low galvanized buckets (also in the contract), but instead they were in tall, smooth, silver vases.
    Sadly, messing up the flowers on the most important day of my life is not even the worst part of it. The worst part of the experience was dealing with Monica and her total lack of customer service skills. I was flabbergasted to find out how Monica aka Monica Chimes Floral, Inc. handled it. I was away on my honeymoon so my mom decided to call Monica to let her know about the issues. Instead of apologizing for the crucial mistake, Monica was extremely nasty and defensive. She told my mom “I will refund you all of your money if you sign papers saying you will not write a negative review or take me to Small Claims Court.” Monica made my parents travel from Manhattan to Westchester to get the check and Monica herself did not have the decency to show up but another employee did with a check in the wrong amount and MUCH less. Do yourself a favor and do not do business with such a mean, awful person.

Sent on 08/02/2017