Monell's Dining & Catering Reviews

40 | Nashville, TN

40 Reviews for Monell's Dining & Catering

Beautiful place, excellent service, and very tasty food. Thank you for making our rehearsal dinner so special and unforgettable.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Hailey · Married on 06/25/2016

We booked Monell's for my son's Rehersal dinner...I can't say enough positive things about our experience...the setting was so perfect, the food was amazing and the service was exceptional! I was planning from a distance(Knoxville) so I was a little anxious about planning and not being there...BUT Suzanne was awesome with helping and co-ordinating everything! She even let us in early to set everything up...honestly, can't say enough about how great our experience was!

Sent on 08/30/2016

CJ · Married on 04/23/2016

Michael and Suzanne very GREAT! You couldn't ask for a better couple to work with. Their creativity is amazing and I am never disappointed with any of their wonderful ideas:) They are AWESOME at what they do and you won't find a better caterer in Nashville:) Thanks for a WONDERFUL wedding reception:):) We love you both:):)

Sent on 08/31/2016

April · Married on 08/29/2015

The service was awesome. we booked them for our rehearsal dinner. The restaurant was closed for regular customers during our dinner. The staff was so accommodating because we had 4 wheelchairs in our party . I still have people talking about how great the food was for the rehearsal dinner. The also presented us with to wine glasses engraved with our names and wedding dates. This was the sweetest surprise. I would recommend Monell's to any bride for there wedding event or for any family event.

Sent on 09/12/2015

Erin · Married on 06/20/2015

Suzanne and her staff were friendly and professional. The food was delicious and fresh. Their responsiveness to our needs were speedy and helpful! Suzanne made recommendations for food, decorations and reception set-up! She was invaluable! Couldn't have pulled it off without her!
    Monell's was instrumental in the vibe my daughter wanted for her casual, fun wedding reception!

Mary · Married on 06/12/2015

I highly recommend Suzanne and Monell's Catering. Suzanne was helpful, knowledgealbe and pleasant to work with. There were a lot of last minute details the week before the rehearsal dinner and she was always available to answer questions or check on things. The food from Monell's was delicious and the presentation was beautiful. Suzanne and Monell's Catering made having an out of town event easy.

Melissa · Married on 06/06/2015

Suzanne and Michael at Monell's are amazing to work with. They want your special day to be perfect and will do just about anything to make that happen for you! The food is awesome as well so don't hesitate to book them asap!!!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Robert · Married on 05/30/2015

Monells at the Manor is the perfect place for a wedding. Very picturesque and a great venue to enjoy intimate moments with family and friends in. The staff is incredibly friendly and really go out of the way to make your day as special as it should be. The food is delicious and I have heard from many attendees that it was the best wedding they had ever been to.

Sent on 07/31/2015

Pamela · Married on 05/23/2015

Suzanne,
    It was an absolute pleasure working with you and your staff. My friends are still raving about the fried chicken and the food, I wish I was able to fully taste it all. It was the perfect venue and all my needs were met on an extremely professional level. It was all I imagined, PERFECT just the feel I wanted and fabulous food!!! Thank you so very much, I'd love to repeat it all over again!!!
    Please pass this on to Michael as I have been meaning to call him.
    Thanks again for making the evening perfect
    All my best
    Pam Mittleman and family

Barry · Married on 05/22/2015

Incredible service, beautiful presentation, and professionalism from a courteous and helpful staff.

Sent on 08/03/2015

Monell's had my heart as soon as I moved to Nashville years ago. After countless amazing experiences dining there, we knew we had to incorporate the distinct love, amazing food, and Southern experience that Monell's is known for into our wedding. I am so thrilled we had Monell's do our wedding. Due to their experience and incredible connections, they offered invaluable input and were able to handle so many more aspects of the wedding beyond the food. Aside from an amazing dinner (that everyone will continue raving about until the end of time), they handled all of our rental needs such as linens, tables, chairs and tent. Regardless of what you need- catering all the way to hosting the entire event- they can make it work beautifully. We worked directly with Michael and Suzanne who are both outstanding. They made every stage of the process feel fun and comfortable, but they're also total professionals so I felt at ease the entire time. They truly cared about us and our wedding. They never once made us feel like just another client or just a pay check. They cared and they offered an experience that you can never find anywhere else. I highly recommend Monell's to everyone.

Sent on 04/06/2015

Everyone was so helpful, caring, and kind, and our wedding could not have been more beautiful and special. We are truly grateful.

Sent on 02/28/2015

Camille · Married on 01/03/2015

I had a great time working with Suzanne Henkle with Monell's. Very friendly and flexible service! She created a beautiful event.

Sent on 02/03/2015

Loved working with Suzanne. Very kind, professional, and helpful! A great space.

Sent on 02/22/2015

Melissa · Married on 05/31/2014

We had our Rehearsal and Dinner at Monell's at the Manor. What an amazing experience! The venue and the food was so amazing. All of our out of town guests raved about the down home southern food. We had plenty of space outside to rehearse. The staff were lovely to work with.

The most important thing I want to mention is the work of Suzanne Henkle. She was extremely accomodating. We had to make a few changes and she was able to work with us without complaint. She was so kind and pleasant. She even allowed us to sit down for dinner and try the food as we had never been there before and didn't make us pay.

Love Monell's at the Manor and love our experience!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Monell's catered my wedding reception that was very difficult to put together because of the limited time I had. My husband is in the military, so I had to do most of the planning on my own. Suzanne was a huge help from start to finish. She made everything go so smooth and the party ended up going so well because of all of her and her staff's hard work. It seemed effortless for 2 people to cater a 60 person party. It was really a great day and all my stress went away when everything went fine. I appreciate all that Monell's did for us and would recommend it to anyone.

Sent on 01/22/2014

gail · Married on 12/03/2013

My daughter, Jennifer wanted a special place for her wedding. Jennifer wanted at first to get married in the mountains, a place that was very special in our hearts because we had so many special memories with my mother, Jennifers grandmother who has passed away. Between not many family members being able to travel, especially with Jennifers cousin expecting a baby any day,my dad would have his first great grand child, we decided to look in Nashville. We looked and talked to many vendors, but when we came in the door of Monells Manor on Murfreesboro Rd, we both knew this would be it. We were met at the door by Suzanne Henkle, wedding director who took our hand and did not let go until we were walking out the door the night of Jennifers wedding 12/3/13. Suzanne is amazing, she helped us plan the perfect meal ( food selection was great and everybody enjoyed), wedding cake ( suzzane told us a bakery close and it was perfect), music ( she gave us reference for we did not know where to go), decoration of rooms ( perfect, they looked magicial with all the christmas decorations it seemed as though part of Gatlinburg was in Monells and Suzanne went over and beyond to have it perfect), rooms were set-up where we all had plenty of room for the ceremony and all of us together to eat and help celebrate Jennifer and TJ. All the tables and chairs were decorated to match the theme for what Jennifer wanted. Also, all the staff at Monell's were wonderful for they helped Jennifer have her special day, from start to finish and we are very appreciative.
    I cannot say enough to say Thank-you to Suzanne for all her hard work, she was always available when I needed her and that meant so much. My daughter was able to have her dream wedding and Suzanne you are forever in out hearts. We pray that you will be blessed for many, many more years and all the soon to be brides will come to you and have the wedding of there dreams. God Bless. Gail Moore

Sent on 01/30/2014

Monell's Dining & Catering's reply:

Jennifer and Gail
    Your comments brought tears to my eyes. I love the work that I do and am thankful that I get to help so many wonderful families.

LaTonya · Married on 10/13/2013

It was wonderful from the start until the finish.

Sent on 09/12/2014

Lisa · Married on 09/21/2013

I cannot say enough good things about Monell's. First, Suzanne is great. She is an expert at wedding details and knows the ins and outs of the wedding industry. Take her advice if she gives you any. Second, the food is so good. You will not be disappointed. The leftovers we took home still tasted great the next day. Third, the staff at the reception were so nice. They took care of everything and looked like they were enjoying being a part of our celebration. Last, you can't beat the price. I did a lot of research on catering in Nashville and you can't find catering that taste so good for the price you pay. Loved everything about Monell's.

Sent on 10/09/2013

Monell's Dining & Catering's reply:

I'm so happy that your cousin recommended Monell's to cater your wedding. Living in another part of the state, it's much harder planning a wedding. It was such a pleasure to be a part of this happy celebration.

stephanie · Married on 04/13/2013

Monell's helped to create a perfect day for our wedding. Everyone was very accommocating and friendly. Everything was perfect, from the way the room was decorated, the delicious food and the courteous staff. Even in our most extravagent dreams we could not have imagined such a romantic and perfect day. I would highly recommend Monell's at the Manor to anyone who is looking for a place to create wonderful memories.

Thanks,
    Stephanie and Robert Jones, Jr

Sent on 04/29/2013
  • Rachael

Rachael · Married on 04/28/2012

The staff at Monell's were absolutely wonderful to work with throughout the entire planning process. The day of the wedding everything was absolutely perfect down to the smallest little detail. Three weeks later I am still getting compliments from friends and family on how wonderful dinner was and how professional and cordial the staff was during the reception. The biggest compliment I have to give is that everything was taken care of so well that my mother (the wedding planner) didn't have to worry about anything or take care of anything because everything was being handled just the way we wanted it. That in itself meant the world to me because it meant she could be a part of everything else going on that night like my dance with my dad, the toast, and dancing the night away with all of our guests.
    We can not thank Michael, Suzanne, and all of the staff at Monell's for making our reception exceptional in every detail. Everyone continues to rave about the food and they continue to tell my husband and I that our wedding was "the best wedding they have ever been to". I would have given Monell's a 10 if the scale went that high. I highly recommend using their services for your special day. You and your guests will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/16/2012

Susan · Married on 07/31/2011

Suzanne and Michael has taken the guest work out of catering. They are wonderful to work with. We did not have to worry about anything. We used Monell's for a wedding reception. Everyone had plenty of great food and good service. No one went home hungry.

Sent on 08/13/2011

Julie · Married on 06/19/2011

The special events coordinator Suzanne Henkle listened to what my daughter envisioned for her wedding and suggested food that would bring out her theme. We enjoyed a menu which was a little fancy, a little country but definitely very Southern! We started off with marinated cucumber, tomato, squash & onion salad. Next came homemade biscuits with preserves and cornbread. Everyone raved over the fried chicken, smoked pork tenderloin, green beans, garlic potatoes, baked apples, and banana pudding as the Groom's cake - only in the South. The servers served 300 guests family-style and the food was hot and plenty of it! We couldn't had a better experience.

Sent on 06/22/2011

Melissa · Married on 05/14/2011

Monell's catered my daughters wedding on May 14, 2011. It was fabulous! Working with Suzanne and the Monell's team was great. Once the menu was decided they did everything else. Suzanne suggested I rent the linens with a company she works with, so easy. Suzanne even returned the linens for us. Thank you again Suzanne for taking care of that.

We had 200 guest, no one left hungry. Everyone loved the food. I had several people to ask what is the name of the caterer and I do I get in touch with them. I will continue to use Monells for any catering needs in the future.

Melissa McIntyre

Sent on 06/10/2011

Richard & Mikasha · Married on 04/29/2011

Monells catered our wedding on 04/29/2011 and we have nothing negative to say about them. The food was amazing! Many guests came stating they enjoyed the food and we could not have picked anything better. The staff was great to work with during the wedding a looked very professional.

We really enjoyed working with Suzanne! She went far beyond what we would expect from a wedding planner. She had great ideas, and made everything come together. She was by our side during the wedding day without any problems occurring.

With the hard work of Suzanne and Monells, our wedding turned out to be a very beautiful day! We would without any doubts tell you to pick Monells for your wedding or event!!!

Sent on 05/28/2011