Moester's Bakery Reviews

20 | Manahawkin, NJ

20 Reviews for Moester's Bakery

20 Moester's Bakery Reviews
  • User7149566 · Recently married

First of all: delicious! Moesters was so easy to work with. They were committed to our unique style of cake and delivered perfectly! Beautiful presentation, too.

Laura · Married on 05/21/2016

Our wedding venue partners with Carlo's Bakery (aka the Cake Boss) for their wedding cakes, so we were very excited for our cake consultation at Carlo's, until they told us that the type of cake included within our wedding package was a plain, white cake, with basically no designs, and what we wanted would cost us an additional $1,500! That's when we decided to look elsewhere- and our wedding venue recommended Moester's, a local bakery that other couples have chosen to use instead of Carlo's. I went to my consultation/tasting at Moester's with my mom, and George was very accommodating and let us know what was actually feasible as far as cake design (and edibility- something that Carlo's never even told us!) and the cake samples were delicious and far more reasonably priced. Our wedding guests raved about how delicious the cake was at our wedding- we chose red velvet which was unique but still a fan favorite. Instead of giving us the top tier to freeze for our 1 year anniversary, George offered to bake us a brand new tier to pick up in 1 year- included with the price of our cake. I would recommend Moester's to any couple looking for a delicious, reasonably priced wedding cake!

Morgan · Married on 10/23/2015

We wanted our wedding cake to taste delicious, and that it did! Our cake wasn't frozen, it wasn't dry, and it wasn't heavy. It was light, fluffy, fresh and everyone ate it! We are looking forward to getting our anniversary cake, so we can enjoy it :)

joe and brianne · Married on 10/17/2015

lovely people, great tasting beforehand, cake delicious and well-received, easily organized with venue, fair price. anything more to say ?

Alex · Married on 05/18/2013

The cake was AMAZING! I had so many people come up to me at the wedding and ask where we got it. George and Maureen were incredibly helpful and I loved working with George at our cake tasting. He was so funny and made it so enjoyable (although, it's eating cake, so how bad can it be!). We ended up going with a three tier cake and had three different flavors--cannoli cream filling, vanilla with strawberries and a chocolate mousse. It was not an easy choice as everything was so good!

I'm already looking forward to my next trip to Moesters!

Kate · Married on 04/27/2013

Mmm!! We thought the cake tasting was the best part, with so many delicious combinations to try and choose from... until we saw our cake on our wedding day. It took my breath away! Moester's surpassed our expectations with the way the cake looked and took it even further with the taste!!! I would absolutely recommend using Moester's Bakery for ANY occasion. George, Mo, and the whole staff are very professional, knowledgable and friendly! As a bonus, they invite you back for a complimentary, fresh, one-year anniversary cake; instead of defrosting the year-old cake! Cannot wait for that!!! Thank you for the incredible cake!!!! ~Kate & Michael Baldasari

Vanessa · Married on 10/13/2012

We decided to work with Moesters because they work closely with our venue and I am so glad that we did. To start off our cake tasting was so much fun. Everyone at the bakery was laughing and talking with us and made the whole experience enjoyable. There were so many varieties to choose from and we picked a cannoli cream filling that our guests loved. Our finished cake was beyond gorgeous and more importantly so tasty! We can't wait to go back on our one year anniversary and have our cake again.

Danielle · Married on 09/29/2012

Great bakery! Our cake tasting was really cool and we got to try so many different pieces, each one tasted great! They personalized our cake, making it special and perfect for us. Besides being beautiful it tasting SO GOOD! Delicious! They did a great job and the staff is super friendly. Great place!

Dana · Married on 08/11/2012

We instantly connected with George the day we met! We tasted a bunch of different types of cakes and loved them all! We showed George some photos of what we had in mind and he ran with it! Our cake was stunning and delicious! We also used Moester's Bakery for our rehearsal dinner and breakfast the morning after our wedding! Everything we had was out of this world! All set up perfectly too! We have also used Moester's Bakery in the past for my brothers graduation cake and we plan on using Moester's again in the future! We recommend Moester's Bakery to anyone!!!

Dana & Jimmy

Tara · Married on 08/10/2012

George was fantastic to work with throughout the cake planning and execution process. Our cake was gorgeous and delicious too. Thanks again!

kristie · Married on 06/08/2012

Moester's did an fantastic job with designing my cake and it was delicious. George took the time and created everything I asked him to do and not only is his cakes mouth watering, so is everything else he bakes!!!

Thank you!!!

Katie · Married on 06/02/2012

My wedding cake was exquisite! Moesters did an AMAZING job from the design to the finished product (and the price was VERY reasonable). I HIGHLY recommend them if you need a wedding cake in the future!

Casey · Married on 05/19/2012

Amazing, amazing, AMAZING! That's all I have to say. George is a baking genius, i've never had better....anywhere

Shannon · Married on 05/12/2012

Our cake was so pretty! Everyone loved it!

• <

Jackie · Married on 05/12/2012

A job well doen to Moesters Bakery!! THANK YOU! A wonderful couple that run this bakery, and FANTASTIC cupcakes at our wedding! I still have some that I snack on every night, and I'm savoring every last bite because they're so amazing!
    I HIGHLY recommend Moester's bakery :)
    THANK YOU!

Sabrina · Married on 04/28/2012

Big George decorated the most delicious Cannoli Cake with a beach theme! My husband and I loved everything from the initial tasting so much, we even used them for the Rehearsal dinner cakes! Everything was terrific! I would definitely recommend Moester's to anyone!!!

• Ally

Ally · Married on 06/23/2013

Moester's made our groom's cake and did such a fantastic job!! I gave them pictures of my husband's first car ('57 Chevy) and they created a cake to look exactly like it! My husband was so surprised!! The bakery was incredibly helpful and responsive throughout the whole process. On top of that, the cake was delicious!!!

Dana · Married on 06/28/2014

3.0

Moesters Bakery made delicious cupcakes for our wedding on Long Beach Island. They made a top for us to cut into, and recreated it at no cost for our 1 year anniversary!

Kathi · Married on 09/19/2010

0.6
      0.0
      0.0

They neglected to place my specially-ordered cake topper on my wedding cake! To further insult me, they offered me a basket of muffins to make it up to me! After declining and demanding a reasonable offer, they never called back and they haven't returned my topper either! I even sent them a registered letter which they haven't responded to. Their excuses? The drawing made when we ordered the cake was confusing. They didn't think it needed a topper. All of their help went back to college and they had 4 other jobs that day. In other words, these people are amateurs and should be avoided if you want your order to be correct on your wedding day!!

Julie · Married on 10/17/2014

0.4
      0.5

If you are a bride PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE rethink choosing Moester's to do anything. George, the baker/owner gave us a pretty hefty price that was supposed to include our cupcake tower and favors. He reiterated that our price included our favors with my step-mother at a later time. However, 6 weeks before the wedding the total no longer included favors and instead he had upped the price per cupcake! He was rude on the phone when I requested clarification as to what I was paying for. He was dismissive when I requested an invoice. Please save yourself the stress and take your business somewhere else.