Liz Duren Photography Reviews

56 | Charleston, SC

56 Reviews for Liz Duren Photography

Christen · Married on 04/05/2014

My new husband and I absolutely loved working with Liz Duren. She was professional, fun, easy to get in touch with, and we just simply loved our pictures!

Sent on 07/11/2014

Nora · Married on 11/30/2013

Liz is amazing! She gets the job done and does amazing work! We are so pleased with her creativity and spontaneity. She knows how to get the job done, and doesn't waste time! She also did our bridal portraits, they were stunning! I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/03/2013

Torborg · Married on 04/28/2013

Liz was incredible to work with! She was fun, energetic and creative. I am not a great camera person and she took some gorgeous shots- both posed and unposed. I hired her to stay through the night and she really captured the "feel" of the night wonderfully. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking to have a beautiful "photographic" story told of their wedding day!

Sent on 05/21/2013

Melissa · Married on 04/20/2013

We chose Liz Duren Photography for our engagement and wedding photographer based on the pictures we saw on her website when we were searching for photographers. We loved her style and the fact that her work was artistic and not standard backgrounds poses etc.

For our engagement session we walked around Charleston and took pictures all over the place and they turned out so well! Our wedding pictures where amazing as well. Liz and the other photographer were able to capture the love, beauty and fun of us and all of our guests. They were also very fun to work with and our guests loved them as well!

After the wedding we received all the pictures online within three weeks and then the cd of all the pictures came in the mail about a week after that. And all of the pictures were amazing. I love that we have all th pictures on a cd so that we can use them for sending to family and friends, posting online and making prints.

Overall, I was very happy with Liz Duren Photography and I would highly recommend using her for engagement and wedding pictures.

Sent on 05/25/2013

Randy · Married on 03/09/2013

Liz is hands-down the best. Not only is she punctual, communicative, professional, and compassionate, but she also puts her clients at total ease with an easy-going, encouraging, and humorous nature. On a day in my life that could have been so stressful, Liz became a natural comfort and made me and my husband (and all the guests) feel safe and supported. She is also a phenomenal photographer, producing gorgeous and imaginative shots of our wedding with compositions and backgrounds that I never would have conceived of. If you are in the market for a wedding photographer, do yourself a kindness with Liz. It doesn't get better.

Sent on 01/25/2016

Marisa · Married on 12/31/2012

Liz was an amazing photographer and we were blessed to have her part of our big day! A friend recommended Liz to us and she completely exceeded all expectations. Liz took amazing engagement pictures for us and incredible wedding pictures. She got every picture I asked for and many more creative shots. She was great to work with and extremely professional. I know I only have been married for 5 months, but looking at Liz's pictures,I am taken back to my wedding and I can still feel the excitement of the night. She is a talented photographer who will take your breath away with her work.

Sent on 05/26/2013

Theresa · Married on 10/27/2012

I cannot say enough positive comments about Liz. Not only is she a wonderful photographer, but she was truly a pleasure to meet. She was so easy to work with, even my fiance loved her! She answered all of my questions - no matter how small. She took my suggestions into consideration and took a whole list of pictures per request of my mother on our wedding day - and she made it fun! She was professional, but made you feel relaxed so that you looked your best in your pictures. She was never intrusive and managed to capture all of the moments beautifully. Her pictures are the best and we will be using her in the future to help capture our next major life events!

Sent on 01/10/2013

Liz Duren Photography's reply:

THANK YOU!!!! How thoughtful of you! I enjoyed working with you all! we were SO lucky with the weather! Even Hurricane Sandy couldn't stop us!!

Valerie · Married on 09/29/2012

Liz was awesome to work with. Had great ideas and did some amazing photos. Everyone who has seen them LOVES them and says it captures our special day perfectly! She was determined to get us what we wanted...watching for the full harvest moon to peek out from the clouds and then getting us out on the beach to catch some very cool moonlight shots!! Highly recommend her as a person to work with as well as for her artistic eye to capture the memories of your big day!

Sent on 10/14/2012

Melissa · Married on 06/21/2012

Liz Duren Photography = Amazing!
    Liz photographed our engagement pictures, my boudoir session and our wedding this past year and everything was perfect! Not only are her pictures amazing, but she is just so fun and easy to work with. From the time you first meet Liz, throughout the photography sessions/wedding, to the time she is sending the pictures over to you, she has this way of making you feel so comfortable. Liz strives to get that "perfect shot" during her time with and truly cares about your happiness. Our pictures are so beautiful and the experience with Liz was awesome. I would absolutely recommend Liz Duren Photography; she is the best!!

Sent on 09/12/2012

Melissa · Married on 06/21/2012

Liz is a remarkable person and an amazing photographer. I used to work in Catering Sales and Liz was my preferred vendor, so when it came time for my wedding, she was absolutely my first (and only) choice. She is professional and makes you feel incredibly comfortable during the events. Liz shot our engagement photos, boudoir photos and wedding photos and they all turned out perfect! I would recommend Liz to anyone for anything!

Sent on 12/12/2014

Kaitlyn · Married on 05/04/2012

Liz was AMAZING! She is such a great photographer and person! So sweet and professional. Our wedding pictures turned out absolutely beautiful and I would (and have) recommended her to anyone and everyone! Pictures are one of the most important investments for your wedding day and Liz captured our big day perfectly. I couldn't be happier with how the pictures turned out and my friends and family were amazed at how beautiful they were. You seriously can't go wrong with Liz Duren photography!

Sent on 09/06/2012

Hannah · Married on 04/29/2012

To say that I am satisfied with the job that Liz Duren did is the understatement of the century! Having received a BFA in Photography myself, picking a photographer for our wedding was a daunting task, to say the least. I looked at and compared many different people, and was starting to feel like I would have to "settle", when I came across Liz's website. I was impressed from the very beginning, and only continued to be so. Her eye and composition are truly beautiful, and she managed to bring a unique vision to my wedding, which I feel is difficult to do for a wedding photographer, as the nature of their subjects is usually so similar by default. She also brought an assistant with her who acted as a second photographer, which was really fantastic, as he provided a different perspective of the day, as well as was able to capture moments that Liz may not have been able to because she was shooting elsewhere. Everyone who has seen the photos have been absolutely blown-away with how beautiful they are, and I've even had a couple of friends lament that they wish their wedding photos had turned-out as amazing as mine did! And not only does her work speak for itself, but she was an absolute pleasure to work with, on top of it. Her energy and vibe are positive and light, and her presence only added to the overall wonderful experience that my wedding day was for me. I seriously could not recommend her more highly, and I will certainly be using her again in the future if the occasion arises.

Sent on 06/04/2012

alicia · Married on 04/27/2012

Liz Duren photography exceeded my expectations. Liz and her staff were extremely easy to work with and gave great direction. They were efficient and professional, allowing us plenty of time to enjoy our day. I have gotten so many compliments on the quality of my photographs. I would recommend Liz Duren photography to anyone getting married in the Charleston area.

Sent on 05/31/2012

Caroline · Married on 07/09/2011

From the moment my Mom and I met Liz, we knew we had found our wedding photographer!

My husband and I had so much fun on our engagement photo shoot with Liz in downtown Charleston. The photographs had an "artsy" touch that even my husband loved. We spent hours choosing our save the date photograph since we loved them all.

The bridal portraits at the Thomas Bennett House in Charleston went great. I felt like a princess, and Liz did an amazing job. Once again, my Mom and I spent hours choosing a photograph for the bridal portrait because we loved them all.

Finally, Liz was an outstanding photographer the day of the wedding from the beginning, to the "send-off." A storm came after the ceremony, and she still managed to quickly capture great shots of the wedding party.

Thank for for everything, Liz. It's almost been a year, and my husband still look at our wedding album and smile.

-Caroline and Nick Rivera

Sent on 06/23/2012

Rebecca · Married on 05/14/2011

Completely worth the money. Liz was recommended to me by another local photographer and what a blessing! I have gotten more compliments on my bridal portraits - my matron of honor even said she wanted to see if she could still fit into her wedding dress so that Liz could shoot her! Said in jest but the sentiment was real. I have recommended Liz to family members and other friends I know getting married and anyone else who just needs a fabulous photographer.
    She's wonderful to work with and will put you at ease. Hire her!

Sent on 06/07/2011

Erin · Married on 04/16/2011

Liz was fabulous to work with. She produced so many amazing pictures of the day that I am having trouble deciding which ones I want to print and put in an album. I could probably make 3 albums worth of amazing photos. Unlike other photographers I've seen in friends' weddings, Liz was really good about fading into the background and capturing all of the raw emotions of the day rather than staging every single picture. There were times when I had completely forgotten I was being followed by a photographer and yet when I look back at the images, she captured everything perfectly! I would highly recommend Liz to anyone :).

Sent on 05/07/2011

Louisa · Married on 03/05/2011

Liz did an amazing job for our special day! From our engagement photo session, bridal portraits, and our wedding day, Liz captured everything perfectly. Our wedding photos are one of our most treasured possessions!

Sent on 12/27/2011

Lauren · Married on 12/31/2010

Liz was such a pleasure to work with. SHe is extremely professional, but also so fun! The quality of her work is first class and she really knows how to put everyone at ease so they look the best they can in the photographs!
    You would be lucky to have her document your wedding day!

Sent on 01/13/2011

Cecilia · Married on 09/11/2010

Liz was great! She was very professional and helpful. We love our photo's and would recommend her to anyone needing photographer.

Sent on 10/06/2010

Amy · Married on 09/04/2010

Liz was awesome!

Sent on 10/06/2010

Stefanie · Married on 07/10/2010

When I saw Liz's pictures on her website, I knew that she was the style photography I was looking for for my July wedding. When I met Liz, I was EVEN more thrilled! She's so sweet and flexible, but she's spunky and has an amazing eye for light in photographs! She's the right combination of artsy and professional--so you know that she's going to do a great job. At the wedding, I barley even saw her, but that was because she was busy documenting every element of our wedding. She moved about effortlessly and was there every time we needed her for a shot. She has the greatest eye, so I trusted her completely! I would also recommend doing an engagement and portrait shoot with her because I felt so comfortable by the time the wedding day came. The guys even loved her! She is a true talent and a pleasure to work with! I HIGHLY recommend her!

Sent on 07/22/2010

MICHAEL · Married on 10/10/2009

Liz Duren is one of the consummate professionals in the photo journalism business. She is smooth and savvy and gets all the big shots as well as all of the little shots and special moments one could ever hope for in a record of their event.
    Liz recorded our out of town welcome dinner, the wedding celebration dinner dance, and the Sunday brunch for a weekend worth of incredible memories. Additionally, being the trooper she is she took some awesome sunset photos on the Thursday prior to the weekend events high atop the hotel on an unfinished penthouse terrace full of hazards and safety issues just to get "the photo" for use as the cover for our dinner menus for Saturday evening. THAT'S going the extra mile to help create a magical moment for our event.
    I cannot imagine having anyone else photograph our weekend wedding celebration but Liz Duren.
    See for yourself her magic for us here:

Sent on 09/07/2012

Lauren · Married on 09/05/2009

When my husband (fiance at the time), my mother and I met Liz Duren for the first time I knew immediately that she would be the perfect photographer for us. She understood instantly what we wanted and worked with us to achieved outstanding results. Both our familes and our friends are so impressed by her artistic flair, easy attitude and professionalism. She absolutely captured on film our perfect day. Hire Liz Duren for a picture perfect wedding photographer.

Sent on 09/18/2009

Nadine · Married on 08/08/2009

LIz is an amazing photographer. I knew the types of images I wanted to have from my wedding and Liz captured all the special moments and took the most beautiful pictures. She is professional and truly talented. It has been over 5 years since our wedding and I cherish the wonderful memories that were captured in her photographs.

Sent on 03/22/2016

Jessica · Married on 10/06/2007

Liz Duren was amazing! She is gracious, sweet, and completely professional in all aspects of her business. From the very second we met with her, all nervousness of capturing the big day in photos was instantly erased-we connected with her right from the start. The pictures she took of our wedding were everything we ever wanted them to be-gorgeous from the beginning of the day through the end. She is an exceptionally skilled photographer with a special gift for capturing the love, emotion, and joyous spirit of such a tremendous occasion. I highly recommend hiring Liz-you will be sooooo very glad that you did!!

Sent on 12/18/2007