Kim Cummings Catering Reviews

19 | Scottsdale, AZ

19 Reviews for Kim Cummings Catering

Pamela Kupske · Married on 04/21/2018

Would recommend again and again

He stepped up to help us out last minute when our other caterer backed out two weeks before our wedding. The food was excellent, he worked with our ideal menu and provided a great price to have exactly what we wanted. The tasting was worked around our schedule, and we were pleased. He also provided a beautiful cake matched with flowers that we had used for the bouquet and decorations. Both Kim and his staff were extremely professional and courteous. I would highly recommend Kim's services.

Kaitlin · Married on 10/16/2016

It was so easy to work with Kim and the food was delicious!

Jen · Married on 09/30/2016

Kim's food was absolutely out of this world! It was all so extraordinarily tasty and tender. We had the Swedish meatballs appetizer with the main course of chicken Marsala! His food service was flawless! Kim is beyond passionate about his work and the product! He goes above and beyond for his clients! He is super responsive, helpful, knowledgeable, creative, kind and extremely professional. His food blows other vendors out of the water. We had to scratch our original caterer and he was such a relief! We were incredibly lucky to find him. After going to another wedding and comparing their chicken Marsala, Kim's was light years away in quality and taste! He can't be beat! Go with the Swedish meatballs for the appetizer btw, you will never get that glorious taste out of your mind!

• MissRitziTraveler

Katie · Married on 09/19/2014

I highly recommend Kim. We had a Travel themed wedding so I was really wanting a Mediterranean menu. We had gone thru many tastings and all they offered was the standing wedding food..almost cafeteria-like. Noboby could understand out my vision, and then we met Kim. What I noticed immediatly was how he LISTENED. Our tasting was just so perfect and finally I was relieved. He came up with such a creative menu and even gave me better ideas. His attention to detail was impressive, he proved that by taking detailed notes of what I wanted, and at even the smallest change, he would note that too. I hired him on the spot and I'm glad I did. Another good thing that I appreciated was how quick he was to respond to my endless and I'm sure annoying emails. On our wedding day, his level of service was impeccable and really made me feel like a Queen. I was a server for years during college so I am very picky, and his whole staff was always making sure we had water and champagne. The little things that I requested in advance, he remembered to do , and I didn't even have to worry for a minute. No additional fees either which was great, as I know a lot of caterers do that.

We had Kim cater our wedding on 6/12/14 and he was amazing. Our guest are still taking about the wonderful food and the delicious cake. He was so easy to work with and very reasonable in his price. If I had a question he got right back to me and over all they did an amazing job! Thank you Kim!

Jodi · Married on 11/03/2013

Kim is incredible. We ordered a lot of food for our wedding. I was a little afraid that it may have been a bit much and we would have a lot of leftovers, but we had the perfect amount of food with minimal leftovers! All of the food was fantastic! I got compliments from all of my guests. You don't usually get compliments on wedding food, but my guests went on and on about how wonderful it was. Kim made sure to come around to me and my husband during the picture hour to make sure we could get some of the hor' dourves, which was so thoughtful. We had a buffet, with a plated salad course, and everything was kept very neat and clean, very elegant and professional looking. Kim delivered beyond my expectations in every manner! Thank you so much!

• Mrs Meyerovitz

Jennifer · Married on 04/28/2013

Kim & his team were an absolute dream!

First - by special request - Kim had prepared a FEAST for me and my bridesmaids & moms for before the ceremony! The girls were delighted with this surprise as we were FAMISHED from running around all morning and had barely had a bite to eat!

The hand passed appetizers were phenomenal - our guests are still talking about the bacon-wrapped dates. Get them - they are amazing! Everything was lovely & service was exceptional.

Dinner was outstanding! Kim had even prepared a couple of special dishes , again by special request, for family members with dietary restrictions. We had a big wedding & the buffet lines are always a concern, but the lines moved quickly there was plenty of food & nobody went hungry - well almost nobody. My Groom filled a plate 4 times to eat, but kept getting pulled away. Inevitably we would get back to our table to find our plates cleared. (Fast-forward to the end of the night - we wished we had asked to have some plates boxed up for us to indulge on at our hotel)

Kim supplied our cake as well! It was delicious & each tier he made a different cake & filling. It was a simple white tiered cake, which with the help of our florist & my artistic mom (who sculpted our cake topper) was a one of a kind, perfect Jenn & Jayson cake for our wedding.

Kim Cummings is awesome. He goes above and beyond with what he provides for the cost. His staff is extremely professional and personable. We were told many times throughout the wedding how great his food was, and it was the best they had at any wedding. The food was great, service was great, value was great. Hard to beat.

Our Daughter, and we as parents recommend Kim above all others. His willingness to work with us, the presentation, and the excellent food gives Kim an A+++++

Kristen · Married on 10/27/2012

We recently used Kim Cummings for our 10/27/12 wedding. He is amazing! He was very flexible and accommodating. We requested to stay under $1500 for 120 guests for our food and he did it. He offered a delicious dinner consisting of salad, chicken, rolls, pasta, and steamed veggies. He's always been quick to answer questions and leaves no question unanswered; he ensures you fully understand everything.

He also offers cake services as well as bartending at great prices as well. The cake was phenomenal. We had the vanilla with Bavarian cream and pecan/black walnut and chocolate with chocolate mousse. He listened fully to the design I had in mind for the cake and aced it. It was beautiful, and divine!! The bartender was great! He did a wonderful job and was very nice. They also do not allow tipping at private events.

Over all, I am overly pleased with Kim Cummings. The food was delicious (we had several guests complimenting the food and asking who was our caterer), and guests couldn't get enough cake! At the end of dinner, servers were quick to clean up and continued cleaning up throughout the night. They also bagged up leftovers for us to take home.

I give Kim 2 thumbs up. He is a super sweet guy that takes great care of his customers and works wonderfully with them. He is very accommodating and helpful. You will not regret booking him. :)

• W

Wendy · Married on 10/27/2012

Kim and his staff were awesome!!! He is extremely professional and flexible. The cake was delicious and the food was exactly what we had at the taste testing. He also worked with us with the payments.
    During the wedding and reception, we were running a little behind and he kept the hot food hot and the cold food cold. No rushing us or stressing us out. . . he and his staff were patient and wonderful. They kept the guests happy by keeping their glasses full at all times as well. They also helped us by cleaning up more than their share of the mess from the reception.
    I will definitely use him for future weddings and other catering services!

David & Gail · Married on 10/26/2012

We can not say enough wonderful things about Kim and his staff. From the moment we meet Kim our daughter wanted to work with him. He was so helpful, accommodating,creative, informative, and professional. We made some changes and called and emailed Kim, I was so happy with the quick response and the changes he made for us, some at the last minute. The food was wonderful and generous. The fruit tower that my Husband had to have was truly spectacular and a wonderful feature. His staff was so friendly and helpful they meet all of our needs. Wonderful Experience.

Kim and his staff were fantastic. The food was awesome and he makes beautiful cakes! Well worth the money! Thanks Kim

Michelle · Married on 09/22/2012

Kim said "trust me," and I did! Wow...he delivered. I was so pleased with his food, his performance, and his work, his ideas, his moral support, and his occasional email telling me to breathe and relax. Everyone raved about Kim and they were right! You can't go wrong with Kim Cummings Catering. We didn't!!!

Amber · Married on 04/29/2012

Kim was a godsend! He is the nicest, sweetest person that I think we’ve ever met. His food is delicious, and we were impressed from the beginning (including his picnic tasting at a local park). He knew that we had issues with our previous caterer, and he went above and beyond to make sure that every detail associated with the food/cake was taken care of. His cake was AMAZING! They ended up giving us the top tier (even though we had previously requested that they serve it), but my DH ate that cake everyday for a week (sometimes twice a day!), and still talks about it nearly a month later!

A · Married on 03/10/2012

We used Kim Cummings Catering for our wedding back in March and we, as well as our family and friends, were incredibly impressed (we are still receiving comments from our guests about how impressed they were with the food... 5 months later!). Kim was a godsend during our wedding planning. My husband and I were planning a wedding at the same time we were finishing up medical school and flying around the country to interview for residency programs. We were constantly stressed and always felt unacceptably behind on wedding planning. From the moment we Kim, we knew we wanted to work with him. He understood our time limitations and was always willing to work with us and around our schedule. He was a wealth of information for not only dinner ideas but also reception planning ideas. He created a lovely taste-testing dinner where we and our family were able to sample every dish on our menu, as well as some alternate dishes we were trying to decide between. He helped us create a reception that we and our guests loved. My husband and I would recommend him to anyone looking for an amazing caterer who they can count on to deliver a fantastically delicious meal, with a magnificent table decor, and mouthwatering cake.

Lisa · event on: 06/25/2018

Kim was FANTASTIC to work with. He offered expertise on everything from venue set up to menu items. He listened to our needs and made thoughtful suggestions. Our guests complimented the food choices and presentations all night. The fruit tree was inspiring and the bacon wrapped dates in the palm fronds were not only yummy but what a fun way to serve them. The staff was professional and helpful. This is the vendor experience that makes the event a success. Thank you Kim!

• Heather

Heather · Married on 03/16/2012

Kim and his team are so wonderful to work with! He has a great personality and was so flexible with our budget, food requests, and last minute changes in head count. Not only were they able to meet the needs of our menu, but they kept it all in budget. While our budget did limit us on having top of the line cuisine choices, I know our guests were well feed. Kim was always on the look out to make sure my husband and I were taken care of with food and drink, especially during the long haul of picture taking :) His staff was professional and cheery. I would definitely recommend Kim Cummings Catering!

Megan · Married on 11/10/2012

Kim was wonderful! Always quickly responded to anything we needed and we were very pleased with the meal he provided our guests as well as the wedding cake he made.