Keys Cakes LLC Reviews

49 | Key Largo, FL

49 Reviews for Keys Cakes LLC

michelle · Married on 06/10/2017

Our guest had nothing but great remarks about our wedding cakes looks and especially taste. We went for the tasting which provided many different delicious options. only bad part is choosing the combinations because they all taste incredible. let Key West Cakes do thier magic and you wont be disappointed.

Sent on 06/27/2017

Callie · Married on 10/22/2016

We are so happy with the cakes that Melanie made for our wedding! My husband has a dairy allergy, and she was very accommodating - she made different cupcake and buttercream frosting flavors for us to try using coconut cream, and they were delicious! Our guests had no idea that one of the two cakes we served was completely dairy free, and raved about how good they were. My only true regret from the wedding was that I was too busy to actually eat any of the cake during the reception, and it was gone by the end of the night!

Sent on 11/02/2016
  • Kassie

Kassie · Married on 09/29/2016

Melanie is absolutely incredible at what she does. We are from Illinois and made a special trip to the Keys to have our taste testing's time for the catering and cake. Well we had to miss our taste testing due a time mixup (on our part) but Melanie still found a way to get our cake testing box to us on her way out of town for a wedding. Not only is she very sweet, she makes one hell of a cake! We decided on a white cake with vanilla icing and cookies n cream filling. We were a little nervous at first on how our guests would react to a not so traditional wedding cake, but oh my goodness... that cake was the best cake I have EVER eaten in my life. Our guests still talk about how delicious it was. I basically ate half of our middle tier by myself a few days after the wedding. Not only was the cake super tasty, it was gorgeous! Melanie replicated exactly what we wanted. I was really bummed because I thought for certain she would have to use the ever so nasty fondant for our cake design, nope! It was all buttercream and amazing. Such a wonderful surprise! You will not regret going with Keys Cakes for your wedding cake. Thank you, Melanie for helping make our day so memorable!

Sent on 12/18/2016
  • Simone

Simone · Married on 08/27/2016

Melanie is a true expert in the cake making business. Her talent was evident through the pictures I found on her Facebook. There are no words to describe the feeling when I saw my cake at the wedding- it was identical to the picture I provided Melanie with. She makes every piece of the cake edible, and her flowers are intricate, and beautiful. She is truly talented and amazing. Cake tasting was also a great experience!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Kristi · Married on 05/21/2016

Our cake was provided through our package with the Hilton Key Largo. It was absolutely beautiful and everything we wanted. We provided a picture of our vision and she made our dream a reality! Not only was our cake beautiful, it was delicious too! All of our guests raved about how yummy it was! Thank you!

Sent on 06/05/2016

Kelly · Married on 05/14/2016

Working with Melanie was incredible. She is SO sweet, and her cakes are AMAZING. We met with her on our trip to see the venue, and we were able to taste a bunch of different cake flavors with various fillings - because we were given such a variety we ended up with a funky cake combination! We did Red Velvet with Banana Cream frosting. Everything we tasted was incredible, her key lime tarts are to die for, and the mini cupcakes and cookies are PERFECT. Our dessert table turned out to be one of my favorite looks of the wedding. We would definitely recommend Keys Cakes for any kind of event... not just weddings!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Jessica · Married on 05/04/2016

Melanie was amazing. She made us the most beautiful cake. I cannot thank her enough!

Sent on 05/21/2016

Nicole · Married on 03/19/2016

My husband and I got married at the Post Card Inn in March 2016. Our wedding cake was included in our package and we were informed that Melanie was going to be making our cake. Even though we didn’t actually pick Melanie, we are so happy that we worked with her! The cake was decorated exactly how I wanted and tasted amazing. It was the most delicious wedding cake that I have ever had at a wedding. We had two different flavors – red velvet with a cream cheese filling and vanilla cake with chocolate chips and a peanut butter filling. Thankfully we had a few pieces saved for us after the wedding because it made our night! We definitely would recommend using Melanie for your wedding cake!

Sent on 04/18/2016

Kala · Married on 03/16/2016

I cannot say enough of how awesome Keys Cakes were with our wedding cake and treats! We did the key lime with raspberry buttercream which was to die for!! Melanie created a beautiful cake just like I wanted with fresh flowers and an ombre coloring as well as cute cake pops and cupcakes. My now husband can't stop raving over how good it was!!

Sent on 03/28/2016

Arlene · Married on 03/05/2016

When my son proposed to his girlfriend in July of 2015 his new fiancé asked me to make their wedding cake since I dabble in cake decorating. After the wedding location was decided, 1500 miles from my own kitchen, it became apparent that I couldn’t possibly fulfill my original commitment. I received a referral to Melanie at Keys Cakes and after communicating with her, all concerns regarding my responsibility to produce the cake slipped away.

The bridal couple met with Melanie for a cake tasting and they made their flavor decision. I continued to consult with her to finalize the decorative details requested by the couple. Late in the process I even added a small additional request, a special cupcake to celebrate the bride’s grandmother’s 80th birthday, which Melanie handled with grace.

The wedding cake was exactly what we hoped it would be. Many guests commented on its beauty and even more stated that it was the most delicious cake they’d ever experienced at an event of this type.

I would recommend Melanie and Keys Cakes without reservation to any couple who desires a visually gorgeous cake, a wonderful taste experience and a stress-free design & purchasing process. She’s a treasure, brides!

Sent on 03/13/2016

Rachel · Married on 11/22/2015

It was a pleasure working with Melanie at Keys Cakes! She created the exact display that I wanted and the cakes were SO delicious. I went with an assortment of bite sized desserts, mini cupcakes and cake pops. My guests loved how they could just pick up a sweet bite and keep on dancing.

Sent on 11/30/2015
  • Emily & Rob

Emily & Rob · Married on 11/21/2015

Melanie provided us with mini cupcakes and mini key lime tarts. I had at least 50% of my guests ask me whether she had her own bakery so they could get more sweet treats the day after the wedding. We had coconut with cream cheese frosting, chocolate with peanut butter frosting and the mini key lime tarts, there were absolutely none left at the end of the night. I might pretend to have an event the next time I'm in the Keys just so I can order her Key Lime tarts. She was easy to communicate with, very responsive and VERY reasonable priced. I'd recommend her to anyone needing sweets for any occasion.

Sent on 11/25/2015

Kendra · Married on 11/11/2015

Our wedding cake was breathtaking!! Melanie was great to work with. We came to Key Largo for a tasting with her and we decided to have layers of different flavors. The cake was a work of art!! My wedding guests couldn't stop taking about it!! I did an underwater theme with sea life and it was beautiful - and tasted great!! But MORE importantly for the Keys, we inquired about using non-fondant based frosting for an outdoor wedding based on other bakers we tasted from. She assured us if it is done right, we have nothing to worry about. That was the final factor for us to pick Melanie, and we are soooo happy we did. Our wedding happened to be an abnormally hot and humid day, even for Southern Florida. But that cake stood up to the elements and was beautiful all night long! I highly recommend Melanie for taste, design, AND ability to stand up to the Florida outdoor elements! Melanie, you were a huge part of our memorable day!!!

Sent on 06/19/2016

Melanie is very sweet and accommodating. Her cupcakes are amazing!!!!!!! I couldn't pick a favorite so ordered a bunch. (:

Sent on 09/18/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/17/2015

My husband and I loved our key lime wedding cake, and so did our guests! We loved that Keys Cakes LLC offered so many non-traditional cake flavors. And the decorations were perfect.

Sent on 10/20/2015

brianne · Married on 10/10/2015

I was referred to Melanie by another vendor and I'm so glad I found her! My wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and tasted great, too! As we cut it, I think typically take a bite for the pictures and set it down so they can serve it. But I picked mine right back up and finished it :D She was very easy to work with and responded promptly to all of my e-mails and phone calls. I can't thank her enough!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Lyn · Married on 09/26/2015

Melanie was fantastic! We were told the entire evening that this was the best cake that any of our guests have ever had at a wedding! The cake was both gorgeous and delicious! Would definitely recommend, you won't go wrong with selecting this vendor!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Nichole · Married on 09/26/2015

Melanie Jones cake was so beautiful! Everyone at the wedding loved it! I had a beach wedding in Islamorada, FL and meet with her in January 2015 for my wedding in September. I picked one out but then saw all her cakes she kept doing for weddings before mine and changed it! It was 3 tier square vanilla with raspberry creme in between! White frosting with such detailed tesla coral! Then she placed starfish on it as well! We loved it!!! Thanks Melanie!! oh..also got a dozen cake pops for the kids!!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Dawn · Married on 07/11/2015

My cake was amazing , Melonie is very professional and a true artist !
    People at my wedding were saying they had never seen a more beautiful cake !!!! Highly recommend . Beautiful and tasty !!!

Sent on 07/19/2015
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 07/08/2015

Melanie at Keys Cakes did a fantastic job on our wedding cake and mini desserts. She took the extra time with me when we were working through design ideas, and most importantly the cake was delicious! I would highly recommend her!!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Tiffani · Married on 06/11/2015

The cake was delicious!! I sent them a picture and they created exactly what I wanted!!!
    I highly recommend!!!!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Christine · Married on 05/23/2015

Melanie at Keys Cakes was a pleasure to work with! She made our wedding cake, not only was it beautiful, it tasted great too! Melanie was able to create our wedding cake from a photograph that I had found, it was even more beautiful than I could have imagined. I highly recommend Key’s Cakes LLC, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/12/2015

Michelle · Married on 05/16/2015

Words don't describe how amazing Melanies cakes are! She not only made the most delicious wedding cake for us, she made a memorable grooms cake that everyone will talk about for years to come! Most delicious wedding cake i've ever had

Sent on 05/24/2015

Heather · Married on 05/15/2015

All I can say is RUM CAKE ALL THE WAY!! My wedding cake was AMAZING!! Awesome job!!

Sent on 05/29/2015

Bobbie · Married on 05/02/2015

My daughter had a vision for her wedding cake and Melanie designed it perfectly. She made it 3 different flavors for 3 different layers - something to please everyone. The entire time, she was extremely open to any suggestions and even offered a few of her own - which we did take her up on! Everyone couldn't stop talking about how original and GREAT the cake was. I would gladly work with her again -

Sent on 05/11/2015