Key Lime Pirates Reviews

16 | Key West, FL

16 Reviews for Key Lime Pirates

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/20/2017

We booked Key Lime Pirates for our destination wedding in Marathon, FL. They were absolutely wonderful to work with and reasonably priced. Claire and Jeff are awesome! They took care of everything from ceremony music to the cocktail hour followed by dancing! All of the music was great and we got so many compliments from our guests about them! We will definitely be looking up the Key Lime Pirates when we come back to town!

Sent on 05/28/2017

Allison · Married on 03/31/2017

We hired the Key Lime Pirates to play at our wedding recently. They were very easy to work with and had a great selection of songs. We planned a destination wedding all the way from Ohio and were hesitant at first to hire a band we had not heard live but took a recommendation from our reception venue and were more than happy with our decision. Our guests complimented us on how great the band was and how much fun they had!

Sent on 04/12/2017

dawn · Married on 03/26/2017

Claire and Jeff performed at my daughters wedding at the Pier House Resort and they were the hit of the event. Not only was Claire a pleasure to work with, she was very organized and accommodating. All the guest are still commenting about how great the band was. I would highly recommend them for any event. Thanks again for helping make my daughters wedding even more special!!!

Sent on 04/06/2017

Mallory · Married on 02/18/2017

The only thing my husband and I really wanted at our wedding was a live band. Of course, finding a GOOD live band is never an easy task. Fortunately, we found the Key Lime Pirates. After seeing Claire playing one night at Smokin Tuna, we knew we had found our wedding band. As it turns out, the Key Lime Pirates is "the best band in Key West" (actual term used by guests).

We had Jeff play our ceremony music, Jeff and Claire for cocktail hour, and the full 6 piece band for our reception. If you are considering the 6-piece, you will not regret it! They were, in a word, phenomenal. We felt so lucky to have them playing at our wedding. All of our 70 guests were on the dance floor all night, singing, dancing, and having more fun than we could have imagined. After the last song, our guests were begging them to stay longer.

Two weeks after our wedding, people are still remarking on how incredible our band was. They left a lasting impression on our guests, and gave us a beautiful soundtrack to our wedding.

Sent on 02/28/2017

Katie · Married on 10/15/2016

Key Lime Pirates were the best! Claire was such a joy to work with in the months leading up to the wedding. She learned new songs for the wedding and also played a special song for me to walk down the aisle to. Every single one of our guests were blown away by how awesome Key Lime Pirates were - we had a group of not big dancers and they were so good they had non-dancers out on the dance floor. A month after our wedding people still bring up how great the band was. I recommend them 100%!!!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Jon · Married on 04/22/2016

Thank you so much Key Lime Pirates for providing the music to our wedding cocktail-hour and reception. You guys were outstanding from start to finish.

The Key Lime Pirates were able to provide just the right melody and acoustics during the cocktail-hour and dinner portion of our reception at the Roof Top Cafe. People were actually coming off the streets to the restaurant to join the event, until they realized it was a private event. However they did go to the other side of the restaurant and grabbed a drink and listened to the band from there.

Claire did an exceptional job announcing the entrance of the bride and groom, bride and father-of-the-bride dance, groom and mother dance, cake cutting and all the necessities of formal but informal beach themed reception. The band provided the right combination of mellow acoustic sounds during the cocktail-hour and dinner, and was able to bump up the energy for dancing after dinner. The Key Lime Pirates hit all the right songs from start till the very final slow dance, and one energy packed song for everyone to head out on the town. Anyone with any reservations on this group, no worries they are easy going and can make accommodates for your venue, price range and number of band members as needed. Love this group, will find them again when we are on the Island.

Sincerely,

Jon and Angie

Sent on 04/27/2016

Key Lime Pirates's reply:

Thank you so much Jon and Angie!! It was such a pleasure providing the musical backdrop for your special day. The Rooftop Cafe was a great choice for your reception. Looking forward to seeing you both back in Key West soon!

Charlotte · Married on 03/12/2016

The Key Lime Pirates are not just a wedding band- they were an extremely impressive ensemble that learned 4 brand new songs for us the week of the wedding, and read the audience so well! We live locally in Key West, FL so we were very familiar with certain members of the band, and were incredibly impressed by the whole band. I opted out of a wedding planner, and they worked so well with the venue (Kelly's Carribean), that I didn't have to worry about a thing: the whole night was perfectly coordinated by the restaurant staff & Claire Finley of the band, that our night was a perfect success. Claire was incredibly responsive and flexible with my schedule, and made the entire planning process stress free. I give my absolute higher recommendation that you higher this band, and would higher then again in a heart beat!

Sent on 07/29/2016

Elisabeth · Married on 02/04/2016

There isn't a better band in Key West! As huge fans of Jeff Clark & Claire Finley, we were honored they agreed to play our wedding reception at the Smokin' Tuna Saloon. Jeff & Claire were willing to learn our "first dance" song, something neither of them had heard before and they performed it perfectly. Claire was very detailed oriented in the months prior to the wedding with regards to contracts, details, parents', bridal party names, etc. Claire also understood that as a destination wedding and as a hands-OFF bride, I preferred her to make some of the decisions as far as the order things were done at the reception, etc. I will admit, my husband and I did not pick the song that we danced to with our parents. Claire knew both of our families from previous trips to Key West and she picked the perfect song; Soulshine! I wish I could take the credit, it was PERFECT!!
    We love Key West, mostly for the people...the locals...the musicians....the MUSIC! That is why we decided to get married there, and we were so happy to share the island with 120 of our friends from around the world. The music at our ceremony (by a different artist) and at our reception showed our friends exactly why we visit Key West so often! Thank you KLP, we love you guys! We would give you 100-stars, 100%, A++ job, thank you!

Sent on 04/29/2016

The Key Lime Pirates were the highlight of our wedding weekend! We planned everything from New Orleans which isn't the easiest to do long distance but Claire made it so simple! They were flexible in pricing options - helped meet our budget but exceeded our expectations! They were open to song requests and suggestions. Our friends and family LOVED them! I would highly recommend them for any event!

Sent on 05/02/2016

Key Lime Pirates's reply:

You guys and the crew of guests you had were SO much fun!!! We absolutely loved learning your special dances, especially Atlantic City! What a great song.... Thanks so much for having the Key Lime Pirates entertain your friends and family on your special day! : )

Celine · Married on 09/28/2015

This band is amazing! We couldn't book them for our wedding because of a time conflict, but we saw them a few days prior at Sloppy Joe's and didn't stop dancing the entire time! Their music is awesome. They are so great that we took our entire bridal party and some of the guests back to Sloppy Joe's after our wedding to hear them play again! And we danced for hours that night, too. We haven't had that much fun in a while. Their music appeals to all ages. Go see them or book them for your event!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Karina · Married on 04/25/2015

These guys rock! We wanted our reception to feel like a backyard-beach party....this band made that happen. They were incredible. Jeff was so easy to work with, he even DJ'd our ceremony and cocktail hour for us before the real party began. Their talent is unparalleled, seriously they can sing anything! I would Highly, highly, highly recommend the key lime pirates!

Sent on 05/13/2015

The Key Lime Pirates performed at my daughter’s Key West beach wedding. They were absolutely wonderful.

Besides being a pleasure to work with, they offer an extensive play list that is very versatile and accommodating. Jeff performed soft vocals for the actual ceremony and then Claire joined him for livelier music at the reception. Our highlight was when all of our guests joined in to “Hey Jude”.

Do not hesitate to hire The Key Lime Pirates. They will not disappoint.

Sent on 12/31/2014
  • User4219539 · 2+ years ago

The Key Lime Pirates are definitely the way to go if you are looking for a band for any function. They played at my wedding and hands down it was the best time ever! Everyone was on the dance floor the entire time. They even learned a song for our first dance and sang it perfectly!! After returning home, people were still raving about how great they were. We had people there from ages 21-60 and like I said everyone was having a blast!

Also, Claire is very professional and wonderful to work with. Very informative and helpful throughout the whole planning period. If we have another party/function in Key West, we are definitely calling the Key Lime Pirates for entertainment!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Megan · Married on 11/02/2014

The Key Lime Pirates are AMAZING! From my first interaction with them, they have been nothing but professional and truly accommodating. Before the wedding they were very helpful with song suggestions and even learned a song for my husband and I for our first dance. Our guests couldn't say enough good things about the music they played and everyone was up on the dance floor the entire night. I couldn't have been happier. I would recommend them to ANY bride. They are a GREAT find!!!!

Sent on 11/13/2014

Barry · Married on 07/05/2014

Claire and Jeff played at my son's wedding on the roof deck of the Taj hotel on July 5, 2014. They are extremely gifted musicians and watching Claire on the base and Jeff on the guitar was a show in itself! Jeff's voice sounds like Van Morrison and he and Claire have a great chemistry. Jeff is also a great songwriter and many of his songs from his "Riddum Tree" CD stay with you long after the party ends. Everyone wanted to dance and told me how great the band was. They made our party!

Sent on 07/07/2014

Katie · Married on 05/03/2013

My husband and I can’t speak highly enough about the amazing music Claire Finley, Jeff Clark, and the rest of the Key Lime Pirates provided for our Key West wedding! We live near Boston and, while we have met several local musicians through Keith’s job at a jazz club, we had no idea where to start looking in Key West. We asked around and the same names kept popping up - Claire and Jeff were recommended to us so many times it was a no brainer to hire them. We were beyond thrilled by the result!

Prior to the wedding, we were very happy with the professionalism and consistent contact they provided. The song list was pages long and had everything we wanted to hear - Jeff and Claire also offered to learn any songs we wanted that they didn’t have, but with the diverse and lengthy list provided it wasn’t necessary. We danced to Crazy Love by Van Morrison for our first song, and also requested a Beatles tune and Bob Dylan’s Forever Young for special dances, all of which were fantastic. The band didn’t skip a beat when, 5 minutes before the reception started, we changed up one of the first dance songs to accommodate a parent who arrived unexpectedly. They didn’t hesitate to welcome our sax playing friend to play several songs with them, which made the experience that much more special to us. When our friends surprised us with a song they had written and the band didn’t know about, not only did a few of them loan instruments, but others joined in quickly and made it sound like they had played it 100s of times.

For weeks after our wedding people talked about the music. Our friends and family agreed that Claire, Jeff and the Key Lime Pirates were the best band we heard on the island. Part of the charm of a Key West wedding is having a local live band to make the day perfect. If you’re looking for the best of the best, Claire and Jeff are the way to go!

Sent on 04/10/2014