Juliet Elizabeth Photography Reviews

46 | Charleston, SC

46 Reviews for Juliet Elizabeth Photography

Beth · Married on 11/22/2014

As Juliet knows, I tormented myself over choosing a photographer for our wedding. I spent hours looking through websites, blogs, and Facebook pages. I was so worried that I'd make the "wrong" choice when it came to our once-in-a-lifetime day. But from the minute I came across Juliet's website, I knew there was something special about her. Her photos are magical. She manages to capture the essence of even the simplest moments in such a unique way, with elegance and always a sense of timelessness. I found that many photographers had tremendous photos on their websites or blogs, but once I requested full galleries I was disappointed with the overall group. Not Juliet. Her galleries tell the complete story of a wedding day, including all the emotions along the way. Our results were no different -- we could not be happier or more in love with our photos. And our friends love them so much they have passed the link along to their own friends (who are complete strangers to us) just to enjoy Juliet's work! Equally as important, if not more so, we absolutely love Juliet as a person. We felt like we were hanging out with our best friend all day. And several of our wedding guests made a point to specifically state how much they adored her as well. If you're wondering if all of the reviews saying how incredibly sweet, genuine, considerate, and talented Juliet are could possibly be true, rest assured that they are. And then some. If you're lucky enough to have Juliet photograph your wedding, you will be thrilled with your choice.

Kathryn · Married on 05/24/2014

Words cannot do Juliet justice, but here goes my best shot...! We had her take our engagement pictures (and later our wedding pictures) and we were absolutely blown away by the photos and the whole experience! It is a true talent to make to people feel so comfortable while having a camera on you for a few hours. By the end of the engagement session we felt like we had known her for years :) Obviously, being so pleased with our engagement photos, it was a no-brainer to book her for our wedding. Everything on our wedding day went so smoothly and I kept getting compliments from family and friends about how great Juliet is! We still rave about her 6 months later! We received our wedding photos within 3 months and we were all literally speechless. How many brides can say that out of 1200 photos they seriously LOVED 95% of them??!! Juliet did an amazing job making us all look like the best versions of ourselves. The photos are stunning and she has some serious talent. We could not have been more pleased!!

Carissa · Married on 05/15/2014

Juliet is a photographer who will meet every request you have, go beyond what you asked for, make your family fall in love with her, and create a sense of comfort and confidence in front of the lens.

It’s difficult to find the right words to describe how amazing she is, and the skill she has in making every shot look stunning. Juliet was able to make a relatively shy person like myself feel 10x more comfortable being photographed and really found a way to capture candid moments. I enjoyed working with Juliet every single minute and her ability to work with us; despite the thousands of miles we were apart really was a huge relief for my husband and I.
    We had done our engagement photo shoot with Juliet and almost right off the bat she helped turn a couple which took nothing but awkward photos into something which we felt proud showing others. We even had some adventures in an abandoned lot that was all overgrown and going “off-road” to get to a wonderful park where she found the most amazing trees and vegetation to have in the background.

On the wedding day Juliet really exemplified why we fell in love with her. Despite rain on our wedding day forcing us to get more interior photos, Juliet helped us realize the beauty that could be captured in places we never thought of. She saw the potential in the hotel we stayed at (Zero George) for the first look photos and she managed to capture incredible moments (in between the rain showers!) at the Magnolia Plantation. Since looking back at our albums and photos we cannot say that there is a single regret in choosing Juliet as our photographer. She truly is an amazing talents artist and a wonderful human being. If you wish to have not only a consummate professional shooting your wedding, but someone whom you can honestly call your friend, then you must consider Juliet Elizabeth Photography.

Juliet is an absolute genius!!! Our engagement and wedding photos are incredible. She is super fun, sweet, and reliable. It is clear that she loves what she does, and she is incredibly talented. I am so happy she captured all of our memories so perfectly. My family and our guests LOVED having her around at the wedding. She captures every moment flawlessly, but never imposing -- she moved with the moments. Her style is so elegant and vogue. I want her to photograph all of the important events in my life. She is truly amazing!!!

Katie · Married on 09/07/2013

Juliet shot my sister's wedding a few years back in South Carolina (where she is based) so when it came time for me to pick a photographer, it was a no brainier. My family not only fell in love with her work, but with her as well! Our wedding was in Colorado this past September and she was more than willing to take on a destination wedding.

First and foremost, her photographs are unlike anything I have ever seen. She has such a unique eye and takes magnificent shots. Everyone I have sent my wedding photos to freak out at how beautiful they are and I can only thank Juliet for that! She also managed to capture every single moment and detail of the day. I was so happy to receive all my photos and see that she didn't miss a beat!

It also helps that she is an absolute sweetheart, incredible to work with, and a consummate professional. She took on many roles on my wedding day (that were not asked of her) including getting me into my dress and helping me with what seemed like an impossible french bustle.

Juliet is the entire package and then some!

Megan · Married on 06/29/2013

Wowzers....Juliet is absolutely AMAZING!! We just got our proofs back and all I can say is "INCREDIBLE!" God has truly blessed her with a phenomenal and extraordinary talent to capture every moment in such an amazing light! She has an amazing ability to blend right in with every other guest at the ceremony and capture moments in time that will make your heart drop! She is the best of the best and you will not be disappointed with her services! She was able to give us a moment in our lives that will live on forever and for that I can not THANK her enough!

Abi · Married on 04/20/2013

We could not have been happier with everything about Juliet! From our initial conversations to the delivery of the photos, she exceeded all our expectations. Two things really stand out: 1) The photos are the most beautiful wedding photos we've ever seen (and not just because it was OUR wedding); and 2) Juliet was more than just our wedding photographer, she became our friend along the way. We cannot say enough great things about Juliet. Don't wait to book her! It will be the best decision you make.

• Megan

Megan · Married on 03/30/2013

Juliet is amazing at what she does! Not only is she an amazing photographer, but she is an awesome person, as well! I booked her to do our engagement pictures, bridal portraits, and wedding and am in awe everytime I look at each session. She is so easy to work with, which makes you feel very comfortable in front of the camera, and has a great eye for what will look good in the photos. The wedding day flies by so fast so you need a great photographer that will capture every detail and Juliet is that person!

Laura · Married on 03/09/2013

Juliet is fantastic!!! Not only does she take AMAZING photos but she is so fun! My bridesmaids all felt like she was part of the group and others thought she was a guest that happen to like taking pictures!! Her style is not one of being in your face with the camera, or taking awkward posed pictures. She captures the best moments of your day like a ninja! You will not be disappointed, quite the opposite!

Lindy · Married on 03/02/2013

I am so grateful we hired Juiet...not only are the pictures AMAZING but we really had such a good time with her. She shot our rehearsal dinner/after party and, of course, our wedding/reception and we could not be more pleased with everything she captured. We are so lucky to have these treasures!! Thank you Juliet!! xo

Samantha · Married on 02/23/2013

Juliet is SO wonderful! She is such a sweetheart, and makes you feel so comfortable on your special day! It was such a joy to work with someone who doesn't make you feel like you're a stranger who wandered onto a photo shoot session. We were still ourselves, which made the photos even better. She can make you giggle when you're feeling nervous, and just makes the whole experience fun. She took GORGEOUS photos of me and my husband! She worked with our crazy schedule when it rained, and was super flexible. Every shot was perfect, and I couldn't have asked for more when it came to lasting memories of our special day. We promptly received our photos, and they were everything and more that I had imagined!

Christina · Married on 01/19/2013

Juliet Elizabeth was the most wonderful photographer we could ever have for our wedding!!The wedding photos are simply amazing! I can't stop looking at them because they are so stunning. She captured the moments of our day so perfectly! She captured all the big moments and all the little moments too. What was wonderful about Juliet is that she was more like another bridesmaid on the wedding day than a photographer. She was so helpful and sweet on our wedding day. She and her husband make an amazing team. Many of our friends have also commented on how amazing our photos are. We are so happy that Juliet Elizabeth was able to be part of our wedding day!

Sarah · Married on 12/01/2012

The day would not have been the same without Juliet. She did everything above and beyond our expectations and captured our day more beautifully than I could ever have imagined. I would recommend Juliet to ANYONE!!

Jennifer · Married on 11/17/2012

She is like family! Such a sweetheart and does absolutely amazing work!

Helen · Married on 11/03/2012

I absolutely could not have asked for more in a photographer to document our wedding. Juliet is a consummate professional: punctual, incredibly responsive before, during, and after the wedding, and working constantly during the wedding to get the best shots. Her work speaks for itself; they are without a doubt the most beautiful pictures anyone has ever taken of us and our family. Not only is her work and her work ethic excellent, she is so warm, friendly, fun, and put us at such ease that I felt like a great friend was photographing our wedding. Sometimes vendors can make your wedding day more stressful--Juliet absolutely made our amazing day even better.

Nancy · Married on 10/20/2012

We had a WONDERFUL experience with Juliet Elizabeth Jones! My daughter was born in Charleston, S.C. and grew up here where her father and I still live. When she became engaged, she wanted to get married in Charleston, even though she had moved to another state. One of the first things we did was choose a photographer. We were aware of how popular Charleston had become for destination weddings and wanted to secure quality vendors as quickly as possible. We had the opportunity to choose from some of the best.
    After looking at the work of quite a few, we met with Juliet at her studio. She was so incredibly warm, genuine and enthusiastic. It wasn't a hard decision at all to book her! We especially LOVED her creativity, as well as the way she captured details and emotion. We were pretty much sold on her just from what we had seen, but after meeting her, it was a done deal! Her pictures really told stories beautifully. We signed a contract which included an engagement shoot, a bridal shoot and the wedding day as well.
    Juliet did a phenomenal job which each one! We always felt like we had her undivided attention because we did! It was also a real plus to get to know her and for my daughter and her fiance to get to know her as well. The months leading up to their wedding progressed so smoothly, and the familiarity that evolved facilitated a relaxed and fun experience which produced wonderful photos!
    Our reception was at a venue in Charleston located on the water which made a boat getaway after the reception possible. Juliet embraced the idea with enthusiam. I don't think we had to ask her if she would go on the boat, I think she volunteered before we could! To put the finishing touch on a magical night, she shot some amazing pictures of the getaway.
    We would love to do it all again! Her photography has made that possible each time we look at all of the gorgeous pictures she captured!

Courtney · Married on 10/20/2012

Juliet Elizabeth is an incredibly gifted photographer! Thomas and I now have a beautiful collection of images of our relationship through our engagement and wedding photos. The engagement session gave us a change to meet Juliet and get to know her. And after my bridal portrait, I was honored to call her a friend.

We didn't want "staged" photos for our wedding. We wanted to relive our wedding each time we looked at the photos....and Juliet nailed it! She has an eye for capturing emotion, which is a true talent. And on top of that, all of the shots are gorgeous. They tell a story, which is something we'll be able to share with friends and families for years. And we had such a difficult time choosing "our favorites."

Our wedding photos are truly amazing thanks to Juliet!

Lily · Married on 06/23/2012

Words cannot even begin to describe how happy we were with our engagement photos, wedding photos, and overall experience of working with Juliet. There was no decision to make regarding choosing the best photographer-she was the obvious choice from day one.

My husband and I first met Juliet at her house so she could get to know us a little bit before she shot our engagement photos. We felt comfortable with her flexible, calm, yet professional personality immediately, and knew that the engagement shoot would be a blast. Juliet took us to the best spots in Charleston and the session was relaxed and natural, to the extent that we never felt like someone was taking our picture! When we got the engagement pictures back (just a few weeks later), we were in awe. They were so beautiful and we couldn't wait for the wedding.

When we got our wedding photos back (again, just a few weeks later!), we were crying as we looked through every single picture. We knew that they would look incredible, as all of her work does, but the pictures were unreal. Juliet truly captured every single moment of our wedding day, and each time we look through the pictures we are able to relive our favorite moments. I have never seen work like hers before. The pictures are timeless, vintage, chic, and elegant. Juliet also made sure to incorporate all of the little details that we had requested.

Juliet is incredibly professional, and at the same time, a friend. Guests at our wedding couldn't stop talking about how wonderful she was, and how comfortable they felt in her presence. Weddings can be stressful, especially for the bride, and she truly made me feel relaxed!

Juliet was also very accessible and always responded to phone calls and emails in a timely manner.

I refer Juliet to all of my friends and family. I cannot wait for the next occasion where we can work with Juliet again! I will never be able to fully express how thankful I am for everything Juliet has done for us!

Kacie · Married on 06/02/2012

Juliet is AMAZING!! We could not have put our wedding into more capable or caring hands! I can't tell you how many compliments we've gotten on our pictures- several people said they looked like photographs ripped out of a magazine! And Juliet captures all the details- everything I hoped she would catch, she caught. She was all over our wedding getting pictures but maintains a low profile and wasn't at all intrusive! Plus she's one of the sweetest people I've met- truly has a passion for her work and wants to see her customers happy. She definitely treated us as old friends rather than clients. Would definitely use her again for anything I have come up- worth EVERY penny!!

Margaret · Married on 04/21/2012

Absolutely wonderful!!!! My pictures were perfect and she managed to capture every moment. She works really hard and at our wedding seemed to be everywhere!! Her and her team also did a photobooth for us with an awesome video to go with it and it was the highlight for our guests at the wedding!!!! I would definately use her and her team again!!! Here is the video she did for us !! http://vimeo.com/40874927

Christy · Married on 02/04/2012

I received some advice from a friend while planning my wedding: "The dress, the cake, the reception-- all these things are temporary. But the photographs-- those are forever! Get a photographer you love!"

Not that I had to be told that, because I knew when we were planning the wedding that we had to have Juliet Elizabeth to shoot ours. Just look at the portfolio on her website-- it speaks for itself.

Our wedding was in February 2012. She also did my bridal portraits about a month and a half before the wedding. She is incredibly flexible, talented, and professional. She really puts people at ease when she is photographing them. My groom and my brother (also a groomsman) both remarked to me several times the day of and after how they usually hated to get their pictures made, but Juliet made it not just easy for them, but actually... fun. This makes her so easy to work with, but perhaps even more important, I think this is a key to her success-- because people are so relaxed with her, she is able to capture the little moments and the true feeling of the day. She was also very flexible and accomodating of our schedules-- we planned all of this from DC with some trips to Charleston for planning.

After the wedding, my husband told me that the pictures that were captured matched his memories of the day so well-- she (and her assistants) really captured all the small details and moments. Several people who weren't able to attend have told me they could tell how much fun the reception was and what the day was like just from looking at these pictures. There were plenty of candid, fun shots but don't get me wrong-- she also is really skilled at getting formal, beautiful (posed or not) shots, too.

And the bridal portraits-- I don't always love pictures of myself, but she made me feel like a model and so at ease. It was like hanging out with a friend. I wanted to try some vintage touches, so Juliet brought along an assortment of vintage birdcage veils, hats, and gloves. We took some formal, posed ones and some fun ones too. They turned out really well. I love these pictures and they made a great souvenir and memory of the day. I highly recommend getting portraits done sometime before the wedding if you can.

Also-- after the wedding ceremony at the church, while our guests were assembling at our reception venue across town, Brett, Juliet, and I snuck away to a little vintage cookbook store down the street and took some fun pictures in there, as well as a bunch downtown and around the church. She was up for anything.

Even though she is busy, she had our proofs ready in a timely fashion and we loved them. We have received so many compliments about our wedding album since our big day. I can't recommend Juliet Elizabeth highly enough.

This is just a small sample of our wedding album from her blog: http://julietelizabethblog.com/christy-brett-lowndes-grove-plantation/

Adam · Married on 10/22/2011

Absolutely the best photographer there is!!! We planned our Charleston Wedding from Hoboken, NJ basically using the internet as our main source of information. We started looking through wedding blogs of Charleston weddings and found some weddings that Juliet had done. Instead of deciding on a wedding date and venue first, we booked Juliet first to make sure she could shoot our wedding. That's how amazing she is at what she does! To us, she was the most important vendor and the one we had to have! From the first day we contacted Juliet she was a pleasure to work with. She helped us find vendors, discussed photo packages with us, gave us information on Charleston and answered any questions we had. She is super easy to work with and a fun person to have around during your big event. My wife and I have been to about 30+ weddings over the last 5 years and I have never seen a better photographer. We can't thank her enough for the amazing pictures she took during our wedding weekend!

• Tess

Tess · Married on 09/24/2011

Juliet is so much fun to work with! Her style is so romantic and unique. She did both our engagement session and wedding photos. The engagement photos were amazing and we are so excited to see our wedding photos. The sneak peek of the wedding photos was breathtaking!! I highly recommend!

• Beth

Beth · Married on 09/10/2011

I worked with Caroline from Juliet Elizabeth. I was so glad to have her at the wedding - she was a blast and felt like one of the family. She got great shots without being intrusive and helped us to all feel very natural in front of the camera. Working with her was a blast!

Courtney · Married on 09/10/2011

Juliet is great! She was so much fun to work with for our engagement pictures and wedding day. I love looking back on our wedding photos. She has a true talent for photography and is so amazing!