John Zito Photography Reviews

70 | Forest Hill, MD

70 Reviews for John Zito Photography

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

I can't say enough wonderful things about John! My wedding was 12/10/16, a COLD day/night at Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen MD. John and his assistant had no problem doing outside photos and accommodating our schedules. John caught so many special moments on film, moments that I will never forget.
    I was engaged in August 2016 and marryed in December 2016, so we had a short planning time. Thankfully, John was open and could take our wedding!
    I would HIGHLY recommend John Zito to anyone!!

Carmen · Married on 07/16/2016

John Zito photographed my wedding and he did a great job! He arrived on time, folks liked him, he worked the entire event and the pictures look great. He also completed editing super fast. We will definitely recommend him to others.

Rebecca · Married on 10/10/2015

My husband and I cannot say enough good things about John! Before the wedding he took our engagement pictures and we knew that we had picked the best photographer. He is really fun and knew just how to get the perfect shots. On the day of the wedding he and his assistant Pam did an awesome job. During the ceremony we didn't even notice them, but got some really great pictures. Afterwards he worked quickly to get all the group / couple shots we wanted so that we could get back to the reception. John made our day much less stressful and the pictures we got were beautiful!

We recommend you meet with John ASAP as he gets booked up quickly.

My husband and I highly recommend John Zito Photography. We got married in the early afternoon on a Wednesday at the Liriodendron Mansion in Bel Air and only needed John for a couple of hours to photograph our wedding. We were so lucky that John was available and flexible provided the day, time and duration of our wedding. I contacted John via email to inquire about his pricing and experience and he invited us to his home to meet with him in person to go over his pricing, services and to review photos he had taken and albums he had put together for previous weddings. He is so friendly and just is a genuinely nice guy. My husband and I felt so comfortable with him and we just knew he would be the perfect photographer for us. On the day of the wedding, he arrived early and he did a great job guiding us and advising us how to pose for the photos, which was really helpful and very much appreciated. We received a DVD with all of our photos within a couple of days of the wedding, which was much faster than expected. The photos looked amazing! He really is a great photographer. We plan to reach back out to him to put together an album for us. He offers really nice Italian leather bound albums. If you're looking for a great photographer at a very reasonable price, you won't find anyone better than John!

Phyllis · Married on 02/05/2015

John was so delightful, professional, and made our day so very special. He put together the photos of our special day that we will remember forever.

Alberta · Married on 12/13/2014

John Zito is one of the top professional photographers in the Maryland area. I was so lucky to have him photograph my wedding. He was able to capture the mood and feeling of the entire evening, almost without me knowing he was there! John is not obtrusive, but gets all the important shots. His photographs are clear and well thought-out. His professional but relaxed nature puts you at ease immediately, so you can enjoy yourself while he captures your joy. Memories are great, but photographs keep the memories alive!

• I

Ike · Married on 11/01/2014

I proposed to my fiancé at the Gramercy Mansion in Baltimore. I needed a photographer to work with me to take candid photos of us as we walked through their gardens on the way to the area they had set up for me to propose. I wanted to capture that special moment. He was able to perfectly blend into the surroundings and take excellent pictures at the perfect angle without her noticing. After I received the pictures through email, I was blown away by the quality. Wonderful pictures and a very kind and respectful man. He is an excellent photographer, unfortunately, because I have not yet been married, I cannot highlight that as an option and post this review.

John wasn't available on the day of my weddin so he set me up with some of his associates Mary Ellen and Dan. They were AMAZING!! From the first time we met at our engagement session, to our session with our dogs in their tuxes, to our wedding day they were fabulous every step of the way!! I couldn't have asked for better photographers. They were so attentive to what I wanted and the pictures turned out to be beautiful!! They even traveled to Ocean City, MD!! I can't thank them enough!! I met with John prior to my weddings and he was very professional and came ready to go with lots of albums to look through. I will be recommending John Zito photography for weddings and events in the future!!

Alex · Married on 08/23/2014

I've booked John early for my daughter's because I wanted John and only John to do the wedding photography. John is a PROFESSIONAL! He loves what he is doing. John has a very artistic view in photography and his work is outstanding. I highly recommend John to be your wedding photographer and you'll not regret.

My husband and I used John to do our wedding photography- he was absolutely WONDERFUL! He is very professional, very pleasant to work with, and provided excellent pictures of our wedding day. The quality of the pictures was excellent and he captured some amazing shots! We are absolutely thrilled with the photos and could not have asked for more. The turn-around time was impressive- our wedding was on Saturday and we received a DVD with photos on Tuesday!

We are so happy we found him and I HIGHLY recommend him for your wedding day too!

Chris · Married on 08/19/2014

John did photographs for my wedding and the pictures were OUTSTANDING. I especially liked the different angles he used to take photos and he captured EVERY special, important moment. He was incredibly easy to work with, friendly, polite and responsive. He also captured shots of the wedding cake, the flowers, the alter, etc. and staged the photos in a very unique way. We got hundreds of photos to choose from for the albums he makes and we couldn't be more excited. Book him as soon as you can. We couldn't be happier!!!

Julie · Married on 05/24/2014

We were very happy with John Zito Photography. Our pictures were gorgeous! We received images within days of ceremony. John 's prices were very reasonable. We definately recommend his services.

Jenn · Married on 05/01/2014

John was great for our small wedding, taking time for all the pictures we wanted and providing great memories through gorgeous photographs. His turn-around time was also very fast. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

We realized from a very early point that we wanted John Zito to be our photographer at our wedding. Everyone we talked to said that he was the best. Unfortunately when we booked (more than a year out!) he was already booked for our wedding day. Instead, John’s associate Mary Ellen was our photographer which wasn’t a problem because we absolutely loved Mary Ellen! She was friendly and funny, and took some absolutely amazing photos (we saw a few samples on her camera). My family can be difficult to corral sometimes and she did a great job getting everyone in place. John and Mary Ellen absolutely deserve the sterling reputation they have built, and we highly recommend them!

Nancy Lee and Matthew Murphy · Married on 06/23/2013

John's photography is outstanding. And his approach to the entire day and guest was tasteful. Some of the pictures of us he provided were from a point of view that we weren't even aware that we were being photographed. He was laid back and non-intrusive through out the entire event. I have seen many wedding photos and while our wedding was a casual picnic, our wedding book is better because of the many candid shots of our family and friends. And of course the ones of us are perfect because of John Zito's style and grace in photography.

• Y

Yenny · Married on 06/22/2013

It was a delight to work with John Zito. He took candid pictures, the standard wedding pictures coaching us how to take the best, and pictures with all my guests (there were 30, and we did pictures with 2 people each). We are very pleased with his work.

Deb · Married on 06/21/2013

John Zito is a true professional and an expert at what he does for a living! I interviewed several wedding photographers prior to finding John and was really discouraged with the ones I had met prior to John Zito. Many were not very flexible and I felt like I was getting a cookie-cutter approach to my wedding photography. Then I met John and knew right away that there was something different about him. He is super friendly and down-to-earth, not to mention has a true passion for wedding photography. His work is equisite and each wedding albumn I looked at had a completely different feel than the other. He experience truly shined as we needed help with our timeline and he helped guide us to what would work best for both my husband and I, and our guests. He is efficient but also captures the beauty of all the hard work you put into planning your wedding day! I absolutely love my photos and was so happy we worked with him prior to our wedding with our engagment photos! It allowed us to get to know him better and vice versa, and also to preview his work before our wedding. It was so important to my husband and I that our 2 dogs were in our engagement photos, and John was so accommodating and took so many great shots of them that we didn't think were possible given all the distractions around that day! If you are reading this and haven't decided on using John Zito, now is the time to go book him! You will be more than satisfied with his work and he is a true pleasure to work with as he kept me relaxed and comfortable, allowing for my photos to turn out even better than I ever could have imagined. His assistants are also wonderful if you decide to go with more than one photographer, which I highly recommend. Thank you John for capturing all of the beauty and memories of the happiest day of my life!

stephen · Married on 06/08/2013

John and Staff was a great addition to our Wedding Vendors ! Being John's First Male Gay Wedding Couple, there was no difference to them and are a very LGBT friendly . They know their stuff , positioning us perfectly for pre photo shoot and so many shots thru the Cocktail reception and Main Reception were perfect. I would suggest John and staff Highly for performance , Value and Professionalism. They are the best!

K · Married on 06/06/2013

John Zito recently handled the photographs for my June 6th intimate wedding ceremony at 1840's Carrollton Inn. Our photography was part of the package offered by the venue and my fiancé and I had contemplated hiring an alternate photographer to shoot our day to be on the safe side. I am so glad we didn't. Mr. Zito was an absolute pleasure to work with and he captured the essence of our celebration perfectly. Our photos were received within a week and the quality of the work was fantastic. We could not be more pleased. I highly recommend him for your photography needs.

Peggy · Married on 06/02/2013

The wedding pictures are beautiful. John was very accomidating. He took spectacular portrait shots and surprised us with some great candid shots of our family and friends. My only problem with John's pictures is that they are so good it is difficulty to decide what to include in your album.

Jill · Married on 06/02/2013

John Zitto was very friendly ad personable. He was great to have as a photographer and made sure that everything ran the way we wanted. He go all the pictures we really wanted and extras too. He was on top of everything and made sure that we were happy with everything.

Amy · Married on 05/18/2013

Love working with John! He was very accommodating but we barely noticed that he was even there. The pictures were amazing and were provided in a timely manner. I would highly recommend him and I would use him again in the future.

Lisa · Married on 05/11/2013

I was referred to John Zito by a friend. When I contacted John he let me know he was not available for my wedding date however referred me to his associate Mary Ellen Otter. When I met with Mary Ellen I felt very comfortable with her and chose her as our wedding photographer after meeting with 2 other photographers. She did an engagement photo shoot for us several months before the wedding and the pictures were beautiful. Mary Ellen and her assistant Danny absolutely "wowed" me and my family the day of our wedding. As soon as they arrived they "divided and concurred" to get pictures of the girls and guys getting ready separately. They used their expertise to make sure we got wonderful pictures of every moment of our wedding. Aside from being photographers I feel as though they were my support system for the day, making sure everyone was where they needed to be and that I was cool and calm. Mary Ellen did a great job making sure I got all of the pictures I had requested. Later in the evening I was concerned that the cake cutting was running late and her contract end time was quickly approaching. She reassured me not to worry and that she would be there to get the shots! Mary Ellen really made me feel like I was her most important priority all day! I would highly recommend Mary Ellen to anyone and hope to use her in the future for family shoots.

Samantha · Married on 12/21/2012

John was easy to work with during the whole process of planning a wedding. He made it extremely easy and non-stressful to book. He was on time and stayed a lil extra to make sure we got the shots we really wanted. While being professional John was also a joy to have as part of our day. He was flexible and thoughtful. I loved that I got every shot taken on a DVD so I could decide what prints and what quantity I wanted. John got a lot of great shots that we will cherish as well as the standard "wedding shots" that Mom's & G-mom's adore.

Thank you again John!

Jayna · Married on 10/06/2012

John and Cindy were awesome to work with and my pictures were fabulous! I would highly recommend them to anyone. I was so excited when I booked with John because I have seen his work everywhere and I was even more thrilled when my pictures came back!