J Michael's Catering Reviews

15 | Gaffney, SC

15 Reviews for J Michael's Catering

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Heather · Married on 09/20/2014

J Michael's done an amazing job at our wedding. The food was delicious and the display looked great. Not to mention that their prices can't be beat. Everyone at the wedding loved their menu. Mike & Marcia were such a pleasure to work with and I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 09/26/2014

Casey · Married on 06/11/2011

Excellent food, Excellent service, Excellent people!!! You made my wedding rehearsal and reception GREAT!!! Everyone has raved at how great the food was!!! Thank you!!!

Sent on 06/24/2011

Cynthia · Married on 11/21/2009

I was so pleased with the attention to detail from start to finish from Marcia and her staff. The menu options were wonderful, allowing us to create a special menu for our day, and Marcia was able to customize our cakes to match the decor- tasted fantastic and beautiful too!

Sent on 02/15/2010

Jenna · Married on 07/25/2009

Marsha and Mike Melton, owners of J. Michael's are excellent caterers. The food is delicious and the presentation is outstanding. Both are always ready to accommodate your needs in every way possible. Fortunately they were available to cater my daughter's wedding this past July. Don't know what I would have done without them. You can always depend on them to do a great job.

Sent on 08/13/2009

Sara · Married on 10/25/2008

J. Michaels' did an amazing job catering our wedding. I highly recommend their sevices to everyone!! The food was phenominal!

Sent on 10/31/2008

Callie · Married on 09/01/2008

I am local wedding planner in the same town as J. Micheal's and I have been doing business with them for years. I also use them for my own personal parties as well. As a wedding planner and designer it is very hard to find a caterer that will work with you on the presentation of the food as well as meeting with clients about the menu and such. J. Micheal's does a superb job with everything, especially the presentation. The food is wonderful and so is the price. You definitly get your money's worth.

Sent on 09/18/2008

J Michael's Catering's reply:

Thanks Callie, and there is no better florist or event planner in the Southeast than you for sure!

Morgan · Married on 08/01/2008

J Michaels' service was superb. Even though my event was small, every detail was attended. The food, table decor, etc was above and beyond. THANK YOU Marcia - I know I could not have made it without you.

susan · Married on 06/07/2008

For the last 12 years my family and I have relied on J Michael's Catering for many or our special occasions. Averaging 6-8 parties a year for our family, Marsha and Mike Melton have provided their excellent food and services. Our parties have varied from wedding receptions and bridal and baby showers to holiday related dinners.
    While J Michaels has its own upscale party facility, the Meltons also provide catering services. They can cater a small party at a private home or a large church reception. The food and service are always exceptional.
    In the 12 years that I have employed JMC, I have never been let down. J Michaels has excellent food. Marsha offers a huge selection of foods and menus. J Michael's staff are extremely professional. They dress appropriately for the different events. Marsha and team take the worries out of having a special occasion. The only thing you have to do is make some tough decisions-like shrimp and grits or just plain grits or cheesecake or key lime pie.
    Using the J Michael's facility for a special event, makes great sense. The dining area is very clean. The decor, line, and table setting look fantastic. I have also found the cost for the food and services is very reasonable.
    The food is to rave about. My favorite all time desert is brownie butterfinger torte. The pork tenderloin is great. You can't go wrong with her many fresh fruits. Everyone loves the spinach dips. I could go on and on. Ask to see all the menus. You'll be ready to eat as you read through them. You can't go wrong with J Michael's Catering. With J Michaels hosting a party has never been easier.

Sent on 09/16/2008

J Michael's Catering's reply:

Thank you Susan. It has been my pleasure always to work with you and your family.

Lori · Married on 05/18/2008

J Michael's has catered three events for my husband and me including the 50th wedding anniversary celebrations for both our parents and, most recently, the marriage of our oldest daughter. Mike and Marcia are easily contacted by telephone or email. They listen attentively to understand the catering needs of the event, and they have the experience and professionalism to offer helpful suggestions when you ask advice. I learned from our first experience using Mike and Marcia as caterers that they anticipate all your needs. They lighten the burdens of hosting a large event because they accept the responsibility of doing the "thinking" for you. Even if you don't know exactly what you need or what you should be doing, you can trust them to be certain that not even the smallest of details is overlooked. They are prepared for any need that may arise at the last minute. When I have scheduled an event to be catered by J Michael's, I have never had to give a second thought about the food to be served because I know both the presentation and taste will be excellent. I feel blessed that J Michael's has been available to cater special events for our family, and I feel certain that we will be contracting their services again when our two younger daughters get married. (All three girls told us after both anniversary celebrations for their grandparents that J Michael's HAD to cater their wedding receptions.) Our girls understand, too, how very helpful Mike and Marcia are. They have also heard our guests comment about how beautifully the food was presented and about how delicious it tasted. One of the best ways to show appreciation to your guests is to allow them the privilege of being served food prepared by J Michael's Catering. Without doubt, Mike and Marcia are professionals, but they also become personal friends as they work to make your event as perfect as perfect can be.

Sent on 10/05/2008

Kelly · Married on 11/03/2007

The presentation was outstanding. The menu selection provided several price options. They took care of everything and we were very pleased.

Sent on 09/16/2008

Michelle · Married on 11/17/2001

I loved how easy they were to get in touch with and the advice they gave me. They were on time, set up with everything and most of all, The entire tabel of food was eaten and everyone kept telling me how pretty everything was and how good. I would and do HIGHLY RECOMMEND J Michael's to everyone I know from little things to big events.

• W

Wendy · Married on 05/06/2000

After being in the public relations field for almost twelve years, I can attest to what is good catering and bad. J Michael's delightful staff and owners, Marsha and Mike, offer such a personal, family atmosphere, and their attention to detail far surpassed my expectations. Not only was the food delicious, it was also elegantly presented. In my past experiences, you either had great tasting food or pretty food, but J. Michael's delivered both. This is a phenomenal group to work with and they will certainly add to your happiness. I have used their services for several other events, too!

Beth · Married on 08/08/2009

J. Michael's was a wonderful choice for our son's wedding rehearsal dinner! It was a total worry free occasion. I would proudly reccomend their services to any one needing catering services.

Sent on 08/13/2009

K. C. · Married on 04/18/2009

Limestone College has been using J Michael's Catering for over five years for reunion parties and various events. The service is impeccable. The food is always excellent, hot and fresh. J Michael's Catering is very punctual with their deliveries. The prices are very reasonable and competitive. J Michael's Catering will always work with you directly to stay within your budget. The College would recommend J Michael's Catering for any event you may have.

K. C. Barnhill
    Director oof Alumni Programs, Limestone College

Sent on 02/03/2010

Katie · Married on 07/07/2007

4.2
      3.0

Food was excellent!! Did a great job of setting up in a smaller amount of allotted time than they were used to. For awhile they were hard to get in contact with -- but I had started contacting them way early before our wedding date so I didn't stress it too much. THey were very responsive closer to the date of the wedding.

Everyone RAVED about the food that night!

Sent on 08/28/2008

J Michael's Catering's reply:

Thanks for the nice comments.I didn't know about this website.Marcia Melton