Huntington Hills Golf & Country Club Reviews

32 | Lakeland, FL

32 Reviews for Huntington Hills Golf & Country Club

• Robbin

Robbin · Getting married on 06/20/2020

This was a great place to have a wedding. Everything went according to plan :-)

Sent on 07/31/2011

Kathleen · Married on 05/16/2015

The wedding coordinator Denise is the best in the world. She helped my husband and I in every way possible. I definitely recommend everyone to rent the venue for everything and anything.

Sent on 06/04/2015

Phil · Married on 04/25/2015

Denise and the staff at Huntington Hills were incredibly helpful with every aspect of our event. They made every effort to give us access to the room for decoration on our schedule.

Sent on 06/05/2015

Amanda · Married on 04/04/2015

Super affordable venue. They provide all tables, chairs, arch, aisle runner and white linens. Denise is absolutely phenomenal to work with, she makes sure your day goes perfect!

Sent on 06/04/2015

Lorie · Married on 12/28/2013

Denise also put me in touch with the wonderful decorator. She decorated both the church and reception which were gorgeous ! I still have people talking about how wonderful our daughters wedding was!

Sent on 05/23/2014

Jason · Married on 05/05/2013

My wife and I had a great experience having our wedding reception at Huntington Hills! Denise was a big help and made the experience less stressful than would have been otherwise. She was patient, understanding, helpful and highly responsive to our emails, phone calls, voicemails, and requests. The room is very nice with a good view overlooking the golf course. The food was exceptional; we had three cheese ravioli and grilled chicken breast for our entrees and were satisfied, as were our guests.

Denise, thank you for helping us to have a good experience for our wedding reception!

Jason and Lindsay

Sent on 05/24/2013

Sarah · Married on 07/20/2012

Denise and the staff at Huntington Hills were so great! I absolutely loved working with Denise in planning my dream wedding reception and I definitely got what I wished for. She was so helpful in helping me choose what to serve at our reception and to make sure that it was still affordable. Our guests raved about our wedding reception and said it was the best that they have ever attended. I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 08/01/2012

Mary Ann · Married on 03/24/2012

Denise and her staff were great! I was very pleased with everything - being able to get into the room a day early to decorate, allowing us to change out pictures on the wall, serving up special last minute food requests for guests, personalizing the menu for us, putting together a "to go" package for the couple when the limo didn't come through with one like they were supposed to, willingness to do anything we needed to make the day special and much, much more! All of the guests raved about the wedding - saying it was one of the best they ever attended - and Denise and her staff were one of the main reasons for that! Many, many thanks to Huntington Hills for a wonderful day!

Sent on 05/28/2012

Jennifer · Married on 12/17/2011

If you are looking for a venue to have both the ceremony and reception, Huntington Hills is the place for you. The food was great and the service was even better. Denise is very flexible and friendly to work with.

Sent on 12/23/2011
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 12/03/2011

Perfect place! There all so helpful! I would recommend this venue to anyone'

Sent on 12/29/2011

heather · Married on 05/14/2011

Denise is the best.Makes everythign so easy.Provides lots of options.She has a list of other wonderful vendors with whom she has a great relationship.It works so well. seamless. Our wedding reception was fabulous. Everyone commented on the beautful club,the fabulous food and the service. I woudl nto hesitate to receoomend Denise and her staff. they are superb

Sent on 05/25/2011

Cheryl · Married on 10/02/2010

Couldn't have asked for better. Every question was answered, every request was granted. Highly recommend

Sent on 10/15/2010

carmen · Married on 02/06/2010

Very helpful and professional staff - food presentation and quality of food excellent - would definately recommend as a wedding venue.

Sent on 03/11/2010
  • mulford585

allison · Married on 10/10/2009

I loved this place. They were very flexable and helped out with making my day wonderful. Loved it all. Thanks!!!

Sent on 10/16/2009

Chandler · Married on 06/19/2009

Denise at Huntington Hills is not only one of the nicest people I have ever known, she is also one of the most helpful. She knows what it means to have a budget and she helps you get the most for what you have. She was quick to call me back, and always there to give me helpful suggestions and ideas. I feel, even though this is her job, she went out of her way--above and beyond-- to make sure my wedding reception was the best it could possibly be. I cannot say just how much all of her time and effort meant to me, because I had to plan my whole event myself and I knew I did not have to worry about her part. The site was beautiful, really clean, and an amazing value for the price. I would definitely recommend Huntington Hills to ANYONE because the space can suit any event from casual to extravagant and has three rooms you can combine or separate depending on your needs. This was one of the BEST parts of my wedding and all my friends and family loved it!

Sent on 07/31/2009

Penni · Married on 06/13/2009

I worked directly with Denise and she was a tremendous help in giving ideas and planning each step. EVERYTHING went as planned without a hitch, and a good time was had by all. I recommend Huntington Hills for any party or meeting. One of my neighbors had 3 of her children's weddings there and recommend it to me!

Sent on 07/15/2009

DODEE · Married on 04/11/2009

Our flowers were extremely beautiful and Bonnie and Cindy went out of their way to fulfill our wishes...our entire wedding was ivory calla lilies; the columns and the greenery gave it that special personal touch that makes you gasp when you walk into the room. Since our wedding was on the terrace and the reception upstairs, they had two areas to decorate...it was just beautiful and I would recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 04/24/2009

DAWN · Married on 04/11/2009

Huntington Hills, Denise, and their staff gave my daughter her fairy tale wedding...it was absolutely beautiful. The food was excellent, the service impeccable, and the location impossible to beat. All the guests commented how lovely it was...Denise and her staff were extremely accomodating; I never wondered what was happening or what comes next. I thoroughly enjoyed making my daughter's day special, and Huntington Hills made it an easy, no-stress day!

Sent on 04/24/2009

Amber · Married on 04/04/2009

I just want to say that Huntington hills golf and country club did a wonderful job making my special day special. The place is very nice and clean, the people are very nice and you can always find someone if you need help with something.
    The food was awesome.
    I just wanted to say Thank you to the staf that was involved in my wedding

Thank you very much.

Sent on 04/16/2009

Sheila · Married on 04/04/2009

As the mother of the bride you could not of ask for a better, beautiful, wonderful and most important STRESS FREE place then Huntington Hills for a wedding reception for your little girl, one that she has always dream of having! The staff and specially Ms. Denise was great! They were very personable, organize and very helpful! They went the extra mile for all of us! The food was awesome! The grooms family kept telling us how everything was just great and kept thanking us! But we can not take the credit.. SO DENISE THOSE THANK YOU ARE FOR YOU AND YOUR STAFF!

SO THANK YOU SOOOO VERY MUCH TO ALL OF YOU!

Sent on 04/16/2009

ashley · Married on 03/21/2009

Our reception was FANTASTIC. Huntington Hills did a wonderful job. The room was set up beautifully to accomadate our guests of approximately 150 with a dj and dance floor. The food was excellent. Denise the special event coordinator is superb. She was always easy to reach and very nice to work with. We also were able to have some photographs made on the golf course at some beautiful areas.

Thanks to Denise and the staff at Huntington Hills Golf and Country Club we could not have had a more perfect day!

Sent on 03/31/2009

Nadia · Married on 11/01/2008

Denise and the staff at HHGCC were great to work with. We had booked our ceremony there. We also had an Muslim ceremony as we are from South Asian decent. Denise was very accomodating with all of our special requests and even allowed us to bring in food that was not catered by their staff. We wanted to make indian tea at the ceremony and they were more than willing to work with us to accomodate.
    HHGCC is very economic and cost effective, but also, a very beautful site. The banquet room that we got overlooked the driving range and golf course and there were several beautiful spots to take pictures as it was a very nice day. The banquet room is also situated away from the restaurant and pro shop and has a separate entrance to ensure privacy for the event.
    We also planned our wedding from Toronto, Canada as that is where we live. Denise was very quick to respond over email and we only had to visit her twice in person. She is very knowledgable about weddings and she made it very easy to plan from abroad.
    I would highly recommend Denise and the HHGCC staff for your special day!

Sent on 01/24/2009

Ruthie · Married on 09/20/2008

We had our wedding reception at Huntington Hills, and I would not of changed it for the world. Everything was beautiful just as we were promised. The staff was VERY courteous and FRIENDLY which made our experience that much nicer! The food was also VERY DELICIOUS!! We also owe a HUGE thank you to Denise, she was AMAZING and was a big HELP with making our special day..just that special! I would HIGHLY recommend using them!!!!

Sent on 01/16/2009

loralie · Married on 06/28/2008

We had our wedding reception at The Huntington Hills and everything was perfect. Denise is the best. We had a meeting with her and right then, we knew we were dealing with a pro. She offered several options to improve our menu and keep it within our budget. You can tell she knows her job and loves it. The prices quoted were reasonable and the food was delicious. The service was impeccable and the guests kept complimenting us on the quality of the food. Not only that, the banquet room at Huntington is spacious and can easily accommodate large crowds; and its large windows with view on the golf course made our indoor reception really unique.

Sent on 10/10/2008

Huntington Hills Golf & Country Club's reply:

It was our pleasure to serve you! We wish you the best of luck as you travel to your new home and begin your life together.

Janice · Married on 03/22/2008

My son and daughter-n-law were married on March 22, 2008, they planned to have an outside wedding at the amphitheater in downtown lakeland, the weather did not cooperate with us and we arranged for no back-up. word of advice (always have a backup for an outside wedding....We were planning our reception for six o'clock in the evening and the ceremony was supposed to take place at 4:00...what do we do...Are only alternative was to go the huntington hills early and improvise with what we had..with my state of panic, because i had pretty much been there unpaid and unofficial wedding planner, i sent everyone to huntington hills, with the staff at huntington unaware we were coming. We took the decorations down which consisted of a gazeba, flowers and tulle in the pouring rain and packed it in one of my sons friends truck..with everyone arriving at huntington, the staff pretty pretty much became paniced...My very good friend Joanne arrived at huntington and tried to calm the staff and management, with her experience owning her own cafe she said she would do anything to help, but just go with it, it will only help your reputation, and we didnt expect to have dinner any earlier than planned, because there staff had not arrived yet..With the help of everyone coming together, the disc jockey, the bridal party, photographs, piano player, and ceremony vocalist, all the family friends and guest the ceremony was absolutely beautiful...the staff at huntington was the top of the line considering the circumstance...I cant thank Denise enough for her kindness, professionalism, organizational skills, patience, she was a joy to work with prior to the wedding and kept me informed the week of the wedding......Our menu consisted of prime rib, chicken, veggies, and cold salad, the guest could not say enough about how delicious the dinner was...and the price was right...the tables were arranged and put together very nicely, we had approximately 200 guests and we fit very comfortable along with the dance floor, disc jockey, and cake tables.. the bar was very convenient and accomodating, we had a blast of an evening, we still have people taking about how well eveything came together. My son Kyle and his wife Megan made a beautiful couple and it was a very memorable evening for all of the family and friends...It was a very elegant evening on a very reasonable budget, i recommend using huntington hills for future events and thanks again to Denise and the huntington staff for all there hard wok.. Jan

Sent on 10/02/2008

Huntington Hills Golf & Country Club's reply:

Every day is an adventure! We had planned a reception for 200, and ended up having an impromptu ceremony as well! Of course everyone dreads last minute emergency changes, but it came together well! I do wish the weather had cooperated so the bride could have had her outdoor dream ceremony. They were a beautiful couple!