Hotel Congress Reviews

Hotel Congress 6
Hotel Congress 7

Emily Moeller · Married on 03/16/2019

Great experience, great venue

My husband and I chose to get married at Hotel Congress because it is such an iconic venue and important piece of Tucson history. Their event coordinator Melissa is the real diamond in the crown. She is essentially a built in wedding coordinator. She is positive, organized, an excellent communicator, is responsive to questions and ideas, and worked hard to make our ideas come to fruition. If you don't have any idea where to start (like me), she will help you there too! If you need help finding a vendor, she will give you suggestions. The venue has many table decorations and she's full of ideas. On the wedding day she and her team kept track of our wedding party and got everyone organized and where they needed to be. I never had to worry about deliveries (cake, flowers, bouquet, etc) because her team had it all organized.
    We had a fun, beautiful wedding. I highly recommend Hotel congress and Melissa!

Sent on 03/21/2019

Emily Alexander · Married on 12/29/2018

Better than we could have imagined!!!

Everything was perfect with Hotel Congress, and working with Melissa was definitely the best part. We did our wedding a week or so after Christmas, so Copper Hall was decorated with red and white poinsettias, along with Christmas garlands and wreaths, it was absolutely stunning, and perfect for our winter wedding theme. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. We asked the DJ to "get weird with it", and he totally did (and overall was probably the best wedding DJ we have seen), and the food was described by multiple friends as the best wedding food they've had. The only thing that went wrong: the day before during our rehearsal, we realized it was way too cold to have the ceremony outdoors, so we had to move it inside to Copper Hall. However, the event staff redirected everyone to the right place, and it was an incredibly smooth transition the day of. Recommendations: listen to Melissa for food/wine recommendations, do the tasting without your parents (we included them to make them feel a part of things and relieve some stress/confusion, but it kind of robbed us of a special moment), and don't stress the day of, Melissa's got your back!!! We were really able to make everything our own for our ceremony and reception, and we simply couldn't have had a better, more relaxed and smooth experience. It was an absolute blast.

Groom here. Everything you read from the bride is true. My only additions would be the following: When you factor in everything that is included at Hotel Congress (DJ, Food, Bar, Table linens, chairs, decor, a very talented staff and coordinator, and probably some other things I'm forgetting), this is an incredible value. Not to mention what I can only describe as the "Tucson Cool Factor", which is hard to put a price tag on. There was one minor miscommunication with the menu tasting, and rescheduling it was a hassle (really, don't invite your parents). Once the mistake was realized, it was handled quickly and professionally, which is the best you can ask for. Understand that that was literally the only other thing that went wrong for us over the year of working with Melissa, including the wedding itself. We could not be happier with Melissa and Hotel Congress, and the wonderful time we had thanks to everyone there.

Sent on 01/05/2019
    Hotel Congress 8
  • Cari

Cari Lynn Campbell · Married on 12/22/2018

Melissa matriss is amazing! The absolute best!

Melissa Matriss is amazing! She was extremely professional from the very beginning all the way through the entire process. She was consistently knowledgeable and helpful with everything. To be honest, having her was even more than having an actual wedding planner. She was constantly asking the right questions in order to ensure we had everything we wanted for our wedding. She was always willing to do whatever we asked without hesitation. She also helped educate us on anything that would or would not work for our day. The day before the wedding, Melissa and her staff set everything up for us in the beautiful Copper Hall at Hotel Congress. They made it look perfect! The day of the wedding, she provided consistent leadership for the staff, for us on taking our cues, and for our guests. The day after the wedding, Melissa and her staff took everything down and packaged it perfectly so we could keep it all for nostalgic purposes. We will be recommending her to all our friends and family for years to come. We truly have found a lifelong friend in her because of how awesome she was. Words cannot express our appreciation for what she did! We are truly grateful!!!

Sent on 01/21/2019
    Hotel Congress 9
    Hotel Congress 10
    Hotel Congress 11
    Hotel Congress 12

Rachel Barnard · Married on 11/24/2018

Wonderful!

Melissa and her staff were absolutely stellar!!! Our wedding reception at the Hotel Congress was an elegant passage through Tucson's beautiful history and a beautiful portal to our future. We are so very happy that we were able to celebrate our marriage there with the support and guidance of Melissa and her amazing team!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Courtney Kaber · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing and Fantastic!

Melissa at Hotel Congress was fantastic! We can't express our joy for selecting this beautiful venue enough. Melissa was extremely attentive, professional and insightful. She is open to ideas, as well as provides you with some of her own. She is very organized and plans out your special day with thought and grace. Her staff was amazing, they were so helpful and were on top of anything. The day went better than we could have imagined. She helped make it smooth and easy, and if there was any hiccup, she never showed a sign. Thank you Melissa, for everything, we are beyond happy with the day you helped us create!!!

Sent on 11/04/2018

KD · Married on 09/08/2018

Melissa was a consummate professional at all times. She paid close attention to every tiny detail so I didn't have to. Our wedding was beyond beautiful!

Sent on 09/15/2018

Kat · Married on 05/26/2018

I cannot recommend Copper Hall within Hotel Congress highly enough. My husband and I wanted a small but well-executed wedding and Melissa Matriss, director of sales and private events, delivered 100%. Once we had our date booked, Melissa made it clear that prepping a wedding on a short timeline (6 months) would be no problem. She's worked with many vendors in the Tucson area and took care of so many logistics for us on the day of (and beforehand, too).

The venue is beautiful and exactly what we were looking for, something local with a gorgeous vintage feel. The food and drinks on the day of were amazing, and the kitchen staff even boxed leftovers for us to enjoy in our room after the reception. For the level of attention and service we received, this is an amazing venue for the price. Melissa and her crew took care of everything so that on the wedding day we had nothing to worry about! Literally even down to the details of stands for our table numbers and other small decor, Melissa provided pieces that compliment the decor of Copper Hall. This was a huge relief since often sourcing those small details can make costs add up so quickly!

Melissa made our day everything we wanted it to be, we wanted to be hands-off so we could enjoy celebrating with our friends and family in a beautiful place with good food. I knew absolutely that she had a handle on everything so that we could just relax and enjoy our wedding day. If you're looking to get married in Tucson reach out to Melissa, she will make sure you have a beautiful, unforgettable day!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Kris · Married on 04/21/2018

The Hotel Congress and Maynard's Patio were tremendously affordable, convenient, and authentic venues for our wedding ceremony and reception. Melissa epitomizes professionalism, kindness, and cool. She is accommodating and responsive, while still contributing excellent ideas. She ensured that WE were well cared for, in addition to our guests. I can honestly say that our wedding had the best food and bar program of any wedding I have ever attended. All kudos go to Melissa and her team.

Sent on 05/24/2018
    Hotel Congress 13
    Hotel Congress 14
    Hotel Congress 15
    Hotel Congress 16

Sydney · Married on 04/14/2018

My husband and I are currently living in Atlanta but are both from Tucson, so we decided to have our wedding back home! I have always loved Hotel Congress and after meeting Melissa, I knew this was the venue for us! Although we are living out of town, planning and coordinating with Melissa was SO easy and stress-free. The day of the wedding Melissa, took care of business. I did not worry about a single thing and our day went better than I could have ever imagined thanks to her. We have received so many compliments from our wedding guests - especially about the food! We highly recommend Hotel Congress and getting to work with Melissa made wedding planning FUN! We are both truly grateful to her.

Sent on 04/23/2018

Chris · Married on 04/14/2018

Melissa and her team at Maynards (across the street from Hotel Congress) were wonderful! We had brunch there for 90 guests the day after our wedding. The food was so delicious, and the drinks were great. The service was very friendly and attentive. Most of all, Melissa and her team made everything go smoothly and effortlessly. They were fine with reusing our wedding flowers for brunch (which we had arranged in advance) and with serving our leftover wedding cake (which we had not). They checked in with us at several points during the event, which felt appropriate, but not overbearing.

Leading up to the event, Melissa was very flexible and easy to work with. We booked the venue around a year in advance, and at that point Melissa provided us with a sample menu and estimated budget. When we got closer to the event, our guest count was much higher than expected which was not a problem at all. Melissa worked with us on the menu, which we ended up being very happy with. Ultimately, we came in almost exactly on the estimated per guest budget.

We would highly recommend Maynards and Melissa, and we look forward to working with them if we have any future events in Tucson!

Sent on 05/10/2018

John · Married on 04/07/2018

There is only one word to describe Melissa and her team...AMAZING! Melissa handled everything down to the finest detail, all we had to do was show up. The Maynard’s venue, across from Hotel Congress was great, and the food was to die for. We are still receiving comments from our guests that this was the classiest wedding with the best food they have ever had. Melissa and her team were courteous and attentive not just to me and my bride but to every single guest! All of this for a very reasonable price as well. This is the best venue with the best coordinating team in town!!

Sent on 04/15/2018

Brett · Married on 03/24/2018

Awesome place to get married! Melissa is the best. She is on top of everything, and with you every step of the way. My family even raved about her and she got a shout out during the best man's speech! And the food is delicious!

Sent on 03/30/2018

Allison · Married on 03/03/2018

My husband and I cannot recommend Hotel Congress enough. Melissa was an absolute dream to work with through the entire process and her team was incredible on the day of. Choosing to work with Melissa was no doubt the best decision we made while planning our wedding. The venue, food, DJ - absolutely everything was perfect and we are still talking about how Mel and her team paid attention to every detail for us. Thank you again, Melissa!

Sent on 03/08/2018

Aura · Married on 12/02/2017

My husband and I moved down to Tucson from Phoenix a couple of years ago. When we decided to get married, we knew we wanted it to be in Tucson but didn't have a clue where to start. We wanted to showcase Tucson to our friends and family, since we decided to make it our permanent home. Our first and last meeting for a venue was with Melissa for Copper Hall at Hotel Congress. She answered all of our questions, was very flexible, and overall easy to work with before and day of our wedding. I heard nothing but good things about the venue, food, and service during my wedding and agreed with them. Melissa does her job so well and I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 01/08/2018

Jessica · Married on 11/11/2017

Melissa is the person you need to talk to if you're planning to get married in Tucson. She is a wealth of information regarding vendors and planning ideas, and it was so obvious to us how much Melissa values her clients and enjoys her job!
    We planned our wedding rather quickly - about 3 months is all we had to plan. Somehow, some way, she was able to help conceptualize, set up and breakdown our wedding in record time. If I had a decor idea that I couldn't match to the space, she found a way to make it happen for me. She wrangled my family. MY FAMILY! Which is more difficult than herding cats. I literally worried about NOTHING on my wedding day. I actually took a moment to myself to think "shouldn't I be stressed out right now?!" - but I wasn't, because everything went so smoothly. Our food was delicious, the DJ Melissa found us was amazing, and the open bar was the hit of the party. It was the best night of our lives, and we would definitely use Melissa for our next weddings. Just kidding - but seriously, use Melissa and Hotel Congress if you want to enjoy your wedding!

Sent on 01/02/2018
    Hotel Congress 17
    Hotel Congress 18
    Hotel Congress 19
    Hotel Congress 20
    Hotel Congress 21

Katarena · Married on 10/29/2017

This review is long overdue since we got married in October 2017 but it is better late than never.

We married in the Maynard’s courtyard and had Sunday brunch. I cannot speak highly enough of Melissa, without her our wedding would not have been as beautiful and special! When we went in to see the venue and discuss options we were a nervous wreck and but she showed so much calmness, caring, and attention to detail that we felt like the weight was finally off our shoulders. She had an answer for every question and a solution for every problem. Seriously, the venue is beautiful, the food was spectacular and more than abundant, the service was genuine and Melissa just runs everything so professionally and with attention to detail that it seems unbelievable that she also shows love and care at the same time. If we had to do the whole wedding again we would do it here!

So, stop fussing about where to get married and just do it here, you will not regret it!

Sent on 07/12/2018
  • BriAnna

BriAnna · Married on 10/28/2017

Melissa made our wedding happen. Planning from afar is never easy, but Melissa was there for us with great recommendations and help every step of the way. From our first meeting, she totally caught our vibe and our desire for an untraditional wedding that really celebrated the coming together of friends and family and the beauty of the space we were in. Often - she would know what we were thinking before it came out of our mouths! She gave us awesome recommendations for other vendors and helped us get to know Tucson better. Week of she checked in with us and made sure we were all set, day off she and her team were rockstars. They helped with our off venue ceremony, perfectly decorated the plaza (combining our few items with her treasure trove of resources), made sure our night ran on time, set up an amazing menu and rice krispie bar (thank you chef and pastry chef!), danced, and celebrated with us! I'm so glad we picked Maynards/Hotel Congress and found Melissa she is the very best!

I cannot say enough about how easy it was to plan our wedding thanks to Melissa.

Sent on 11/12/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/13/2017

When my fiancé, now husband, and I met with Melissa for the first time, we knew Hotel Congress and the Copper Hall were the only option for our wedding day. Whenever we wanted to steer clear of a traditional wedding activity, Melissa offered multiple alternative options. When you hire Melissa, you are hiring the full package, venue and coordinator. We did not have to worry about decorating the space, organizing the vendors on day of, or making sure our guests were taken care of because Melissa handled all of those details. Several times throughout the wedding process, I stated to friends and family that we would have eloped if not for meeting Melissa and choosing Copper Hall. Melissa took all of the stress off of us on our wedding day by ensuring everything was in place. Our ceremony in Copper Hall was perfection. Our celebration/reception went exactly as we imagined. The food was delicious! The DJ, Josh, really set the tone for our celebration and clearly understood the feel we were going for. Our guests loved the history and feel of Hotel Congress. Melissa makes sure your wedding day is about you and your fiancé. Working with Melissa was a positive and memorable experience. We were married a week ago, on Friday the 13th, and I cannot think of one thing I would change -- it was perfect. In short, Melissa and the Hotel Congress/Copper Hall staff are awesome!

Sent on 10/20/2017
    Hotel Congress 22
    Hotel Congress 23
    Hotel Congress 24
    Hotel Congress 25
    Hotel Congress 26
    Hotel Congress 27

Rachael · Married on 09/03/2017

Hotel Congress was the best choice for my husband and I. Melissa knows her stuff, especially when it comes to making a wedding run smoothly from start to finish. Her collection of table and reception decorations are classic and elegant. The day of the rehearsal we left all our flowers and pictures with her and returned the next day to breathtaking table and ceremony displays. The turnaround for our ceremony space being turned into our reception space was fast, allowing guests to enjoy our cocktail hour while quickly finding their seats. Congress is a wonderful place for an elegant, southwestern inspired wedding. Melissa is a professional and will make you feel certain that everything will be taken care of for your special night!

Sent on 09/09/2017
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 04/15/2017

Melissa and her Staff at Hotel Congress ARE AMAZING!! I was in a crunch for a venue, our date of course was in the middle of wedding season and nothing was available in town, I was about to lose all hope when I called and spoke with Mel who told me my date was open...so we booked with her. Upon meeting with her and telling her what I was looking for, she assured me she has been doing this for many years and for me not to worry about a thing. Over the 15 months we planned things came up and stuff happened but through it all, I was able to remain calm and not stress because once again Melissa assured me, everything was going to be fine and she will make sure our wedding day goes off without a hitch. Of course my husband and I were running late for our first look, but Melissa had it all under control and made sure we still got to have our moment. When I was being pushy and demanding we MUST START ON TIME, she calmed me down and reminded me that downtown is not as small as it seems and some people were still walking to the venue and we should give them time, she kindly suggested we wait an additional 5 minutes before starting, so I agreed. I believe it was those 5 minutes that saved us from having a train interrupt our ceremony. THANK YOU MELISSA!! The entire night was everything I dreamed it would be. I couldn't stop smiling, my husband and I made a ton of awesome memories with all of our loved ones and we took some amazing photos. Melissa, Josh, and the rest of the Hotel Congress Staff THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for the best wedding ever.

Sent on 04/18/2017

Jocelyn · Married on 10/01/2016

Melissa was the most amazing coordinator ever!! The venue was gorgeous. She truly captured the kind of wedding we dreamed of. The decor was fabulous and elegant and all our guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves. We love Melissa so much. She became like family to us and we appreciate all her hard work and making this such a personal and intimate celebration!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Clare · Married on 06/25/2016

We had our wedding at Hotel Congress in June. I have always dreamed of getting married here and when we met Melissa Matriss for the first time we immediately fell in love with the venue and with her! Melissa was such a joy to have as our coordinator. She was with us every step of the way and truly listened to our vision and what mattered most to us. Her expertise shined through as our day approached and helped us to make our day beautiful. The venue provided many of the services needed such as food, DJ, table and glassware and decorations for the ceremony and reception. This helped me as the bride not to stress on these little but important aspects to the wedding. Rehearsal and the day of the wedding Melissa was always there coordinating our next moves and just being a beautiful person. Melissa and her team set up and took down everything and packaged all of our belongings for us to take home. I never once felt like a client but part of the Hotel Congress family. During the reception Melissa stayed the entire time and constantly checked in on my husband and I. She was always seen with a smile on her face and making sure everything was running smoothly. Hotel Congress was such a wonderful place to have our wedding and working with Melissa and her staff was a breath of fresh air. We grew so close to one another and now that the wedding is over, I think about them and miss them. I would do it all over again, the exact same way. Thank you Hotel Congress and Melissa for the best day of my life!

Sent on 07/27/2016

Kimberly · Married on 06/11/2016

Having our wedding at Hotel Congress was fantastic! The senary is amazing and your're literally in the best location in Tucson. Melissa, who is the wedding coordinator there, completely outdid herself! Working with her was one of the best experiences as a bride. She was amazing- always checking in with us, providing the BEST service and of course helping us stay within budget while still getting us the most bang for our buck. Her staff was so friendly and took such good care of our guests and of their needs as well. If we did it all over, we wouldn't hesitate to pick Hotel Congress again! Loved this place!!

Sent on 06/28/2016

suzy · Married on 04/03/2016

Melissa is awesome! She was wonderful to work with. A total professional who also happens to be a blast to work with.
    We're locals and have history at Hotel Congress and Maynard's. We couldn't be happier with our choice of venue. Many of our guests said it was the most fun they've ever had at a wedding. It was not only personal, beautiful, comfortable and fun but an amazingly good value for everything that is included. Melissa and her staff, including our DJ Javier were truly a pleasure to work with! She was on every detail. Even going so far as to stay and get last minute pictures on the roof when we forgot to ask our photographer. I highly recommend booking your big day with her. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 04/12/2016