43 Reviews for Hotel Congress

Bartender(s) (1)
Cash Bar (1)
Open Bar (1)
43 Hotel Congress Reviews

My husband and I are currently living in Atlanta but are both from Tucson, so we decided to have our wedding back home! I have always loved Hotel Congress and after meeting Melissa, I knew this was the venue for us! Although we are living out of town, planning and coordinating with Melissa was SO easy and stress-free. The day of the wedding Melissa, took care of business. I did not worry about a single thing and our day went better than I could have ever imagined thanks to her. We have received so many compliments from our wedding guests - especially about the food! We highly recommend Hotel Congress and getting to work with Melissa made wedding planning FUN! We are both truly grateful to her.

Profile Picture Sydney , 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Melissa and her team at Maynards (across the street from Hotel Congress) were wonderful! We had brunch there for 90 guests the day after our wedding. The food was so delicious, and the drinks were great. The service was very friendly and attentive. Most of all, Melissa and her team made everything go smoothly and effortlessly. They were fine with reusing our wedding flowers for brunch (which we had arranged in advance) and with serving our leftover wedding cake (which we had not). They checked in with us at several points during the event, which felt appropriate, but not overbearing.

Leading up to the event, Melissa was very flexible and easy to work with. We booked the venue around a year in advance, and at that point Melissa provided us with a sample menu and estimated budget. When we got closer to the event, our guest count was much higher than expected which was not a problem at all. Melissa worked with us on the menu, which we ended up being very happy with. Ultimately, we came in almost exactly on the estimated per guest budget.

We would highly recommend Maynards and Melissa, and we look forward to working with them if we have any future events in Tucson!

Profile Picture Chris, 4/14/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)

There is only one word to describe Melissa and her team...AMAZING! Melissa handled everything down to the finest detail, all we had to do was show up. The Maynard’s venue, across from Hotel Congress was great, and the food was to die for. We are still receiving comments from our guests that this was the classiest wedding with the best food they have ever had. Melissa and her team were courteous and attentive not just to me and my bride but to every single guest! All of this for a very reasonable price as well. This is the best venue with the best coordinating team in town!!

Profile Picture John , 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

Awesome place to get married! Melissa is the best. She is on top of everything, and with you every step of the way. My family even raved about her and she got a shout out during the best man's speech! And the food is delicious!

Profile Picture Brett, 3/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I cannot recommend Hotel Congress enough. Melissa was an absolute dream to work with through the entire process and her team was incredible on the day of. Choosing to work with Melissa was no doubt the best decision we made while planning our wedding. The venue, food, DJ - absolutely everything was perfect and we are still talking about how Mel and her team paid attention to every detail for us. Thank you again, Melissa!

Profile Picture Allison, 3/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I moved down to Tucson from Phoenix a couple of years ago. When we decided to get married, we knew we wanted it to be in Tucson but didn't have a clue where to start. We wanted to showcase Tucson to our friends and family, since we decided to make it our permanent home. Our first and last meeting for a venue was with Melissa for Copper Hall at Hotel Congress. She answered all of our questions, was very flexible, and overall easy to work with before and day of our wedding. I heard nothing but good things about the venue, food, and service during my wedding and agreed with them. Melissa does her job so well and I would recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture Aura, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Melissa is the person you need to talk to if you're planning to get married in Tucson. She is a wealth of information regarding vendors and planning ideas, and it was so obvious to us how much Melissa values her clients and enjoys her job!
We planned our wedding rather quickly - about 3 months is all we had to plan. Somehow, some way, she was able to help conceptualize, set up and breakdown our wedding in record time. If I had a decor idea that I couldn't match to the space, she found a way to make it happen for me. She wrangled my family. MY FAMILY! Which is more difficult than herding cats. I literally worried about NOTHING on my wedding day. I actually took a moment to myself to think "shouldn't I be stressed out right now?!" - but I wasn't, because everything went so smoothly. Our food was delicious, the DJ Melissa found us was amazing, and the open bar was the hit of the party. It was the best night of our lives, and we would definitely use Melissa for our next weddings. Just kidding - but seriously, use Melissa and Hotel Congress if you want to enjoy your wedding!

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Melissa made our wedding happen. Planning from afar is never easy, but Melissa was there for us with great recommendations and help every step of the way. From our first meeting, she totally caught our vibe and our desire for an untraditional wedding that really celebrated the coming together of friends and family and the beauty of the space we were in. Often - she would know what we were thinking before it came out of our mouths! She gave us awesome recommendations for other vendors and helped us get to know Tucson better. Week of she checked in with us and made sure we were all set, day off she and her team were rockstars. They helped with our off venue ceremony, perfectly decorated the plaza (combining our few items with her treasure trove of resources), made sure our night ran on time, set up an amazing menu and rice krispie bar (thank you chef and pastry chef!), danced, and celebrated with us! I'm so glad we picked Maynards/Hotel Congress and found Melissa she is the very best!

I cannot say enough about how easy it was to plan our wedding thanks to Melissa.

Profile Picture BriAnna, 10/28/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Wheelchair Access

When my fiancé, now husband, and I met with Melissa for the first time, we knew Hotel Congress and the Copper Hall were the only option for our wedding day. Whenever we wanted to steer clear of a traditional wedding activity, Melissa offered multiple alternative options. When you hire Melissa, you are hiring the full package, venue and coordinator. We did not have to worry about decorating the space, organizing the vendors on day of, or making sure our guests were taken care of because Melissa handled all of those details. Several times throughout the wedding process, I stated to friends and family that we would have eloped if not for meeting Melissa and choosing Copper Hall. Melissa took all of the stress off of us on our wedding day by ensuring everything was in place. Our ceremony in Copper Hall was perfection. Our celebration/reception went exactly as we imagined. The food was delicious! The DJ, Josh, really set the tone for our celebration and clearly understood the feel we were going for. Our guests loved the history and feel of Hotel Congress. Melissa makes sure your wedding day is about you and your fiancé. Working with Melissa was a positive and memorable experience. We were married a week ago, on Friday the 13th, and I cannot think of one thing I would change -- it was perfect. In short, Melissa and the Hotel Congress/Copper Hall staff are awesome!

Photo for Hotel Congress Review - Photography by Susannah Lynn Photography
Photo for Hotel Congress Review - Photography by Susannah Lynn Photography
Profile Picture Rachel, 10/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Services Used: Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Decor, Lighting, Tables

Hotel Congress was the best choice for my husband and I. Melissa knows her stuff, especially when it comes to making a wedding run smoothly from start to finish. Her collection of table and reception decorations are classic and elegant. The day of the rehearsal we left all our flowers and pictures with her and returned the next day to breathtaking table and ceremony displays. The turnaround for our ceremony space being turned into our reception space was fast, allowing guests to enjoy our cocktail hour while quickly finding their seats. Congress is a wonderful place for an elegant, southwestern inspired wedding. Melissa is a professional and will make you feel certain that everything will be taken care of for your special night!

Profile Picture Rachael, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Melissa and her Staff at Hotel Congress ARE AMAZING!! I was in a crunch for a venue, our date of course was in the middle of wedding season and nothing was available in town, I was about to lose all hope when I called and spoke with Mel who told me my date was open...so we booked with her. Upon meeting with her and telling her what I was looking for, she assured me she has been doing this for many years and for me not to worry about a thing. Over the 15 months we planned things came up and stuff happened but through it all, I was able to remain calm and not stress because once again Melissa assured me, everything was going to be fine and she will make sure our wedding day goes off without a hitch. Of course my husband and I were running late for our first look, but Melissa had it all under control and made sure we still got to have our moment. When I was being pushy and demanding we MUST START ON TIME, she calmed me down and reminded me that downtown is not as small as it seems and some people were still walking to the venue and we should give them time, she kindly suggested we wait an additional 5 minutes before starting, so I agreed. I believe it was those 5 minutes that saved us from having a train interrupt our ceremony. THANK YOU MELISSA!! The entire night was everything I dreamed it would be. I couldn't stop smiling, my husband and I made a ton of awesome memories with all of our loved ones and we took some amazing photos. Melissa, Josh, and the rest of the Hotel Congress Staff THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for the best wedding ever.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 4/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, Uncovered Outdoor, Wheelchair Access, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Lighting, Tables, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Bartender(s), Cash Bar

Melissa was the most amazing coordinator ever!! The venue was gorgeous. She truly captured the kind of wedding we dreamed of. The decor was fabulous and elegant and all our guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves. We love Melissa so much. She became like family to us and we appreciate all her hard work and making this such a personal and intimate celebration!

Profile Picture Jocelyn, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at Hotel Congress in June. I have always dreamed of getting married here and when we met Melissa Matriss for the first time we immediately fell in love with the venue and with her! Melissa was such a joy to have as our coordinator. She was with us every step of the way and truly listened to our vision and what mattered most to us. Her expertise shined through as our day approached and helped us to make our day beautiful. The venue provided many of the services needed such as food, DJ, table and glassware and decorations for the ceremony and reception. This helped me as the bride not to stress on these little but important aspects to the wedding. Rehearsal and the day of the wedding Melissa was always there coordinating our next moves and just being a beautiful person. Melissa and her team set up and took down everything and packaged all of our belongings for us to take home. I never once felt like a client but part of the Hotel Congress family. During the reception Melissa stayed the entire time and constantly checked in on my husband and I. She was always seen with a smile on her face and making sure everything was running smoothly. Hotel Congress was such a wonderful place to have our wedding and working with Melissa and her staff was a breath of fresh air. We grew so close to one another and now that the wedding is over, I think about them and miss them. I would do it all over again, the exact same way. Thank you Hotel Congress and Melissa for the best day of my life!

Profile Picture Clare, 6/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having our wedding at Hotel Congress was fantastic! The senary is amazing and your're literally in the best location in Tucson. Melissa, who is the wedding coordinator there, completely outdid herself! Working with her was one of the best experiences as a bride. She was amazing- always checking in with us, providing the BEST service and of course helping us stay within budget while still getting us the most bang for our buck. Her staff was so friendly and took such good care of our guests and of their needs as well. If we did it all over, we wouldn't hesitate to pick Hotel Congress again! Loved this place!!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Melissa is awesome! She was wonderful to work with. A total professional who also happens to be a blast to work with.
We're locals and have history at Hotel Congress and Maynard's. We couldn't be happier with our choice of venue. Many of our guests said it was the most fun they've ever had at a wedding. It was not only personal, beautiful, comfortable and fun but an amazingly good value for everything that is included. Melissa and her staff, including our DJ Javier were truly a pleasure to work with! She was on every detail. Even going so far as to stay and get last minute pictures on the roof when we forgot to ask our photographer. I highly recommend booking your big day with her. You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture suzy, 4/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We always knew that Hotel Congress was the place for our wedding. What we didn't know is how amazing this place was going to be! From the moment we met Melissa Matriss, we knew we were in excellent hands. We had a pretty great idea of what we wanted our wedding to be like, and Melissa knew exactly how to realize that. Planning a wedding can be a super stressful thing, but she made it one of the least stressful events possible. She was so efficient and helpful, I almost felt a little silly the day before my wedding because I had nothing to stress about! The food was amazing. My aunt commented that she has been to several events and the food is always sub-par, but that the food at our wedding was delicious! The service was great and of course the venue was beautiful. We are so happy that we chose to have our special day here, as everything was absolutely perfect. Thank you again to Melissa and the Hotel Congress staff.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 2/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I couldn't have been more pleased with the quality of service and overall experience that we received at the Hotel Congress & Maynard's Market for our wedding. Melissa Matriss, the Banquet and Sales Manager made our experience better than we could have possibly imagined. From the start she grasped our concept, provided wonderful unique ideas and put us at ease with planning our wedding. Her professionalism, creativity and true sense of care were impressive. What sticks with me most, aside from gaining a new friend, was her attentiveness to making our special day truly special. While we didn't plan for rain, we got it, and Melissa turned our worries into a perfect situation. With grace she had to move our reception location, which our guests later commented that they had no clue that we made any changes, as the night transitioned flawlessly. I couldn't recommend Melissa more highly as she made our wedding experience full of love, fun and exciting...just as it should be!!

Profile Picture User5569769, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Open Bar, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Parking

We had our wedding reception in the Copper Hall of Hotel Congress. It was perfect! Melissa handled all the details so I did not have to stress or worry about any wedding details. The hall is very pretty, the food was I incredible. All our guests raved about the amazing food. Josh the resident DJ was included in the package and we was spot on. The wait staff was nice to have and they were on top of servicing us. Overall it was a perfect day.

Profile Picture Felicia, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Awesome, awesome, awesome! From the start, this was my partner and my choice for the venue to host our reception. The location and space is fantastic. Very spacious but still has a very intimate feel to it. The vintage style and decor inside really made us feel as though we were back in its early days. Melissa, the banquet manager, is absolutely great! She worked with us to figure out seating accommodations, decor planning, and the menu for our reception. The catering chefs and staff created a menu that was unique and inspired by the flavors of the southwest. The food was so delicious that our party of 60 guests ate enough for 100! Melissa made sure the day of the reception was stress free for us. The music playlist put together by Josh, the house DJ, was great! Give him a theme and requests and he'll make it happen. There wasn't a single person at the reception who didn't find him or herself on the dance floor at some point. Every single one of our guests had a great time.

Profile Picture Leo, 4/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ

I highly recommend The Copper Room at Hotel Congress for any Wedding or other event. The space is beautiful, well organized, and affordable. The historic and charming element of the hotel Congress cannot be ignored. The food was spectacular, and not the typical boring food at a wedding. It was customizable and catered to both the carnivores and vegetarians, with great wine and drink selections, and the taste of the meal was exquisite. We are a gay couple and this marked a major event in our lives. The staff and Melissa made us feel welcome, cared for, and special. They were professional, friendly, efficient, flexible, and effective. In particular, Melissa Matriss, the event coordinator was amazing. She went beyond coordination to helping with all aspects of the wedding. Our wedding exceeded our expectations and our guests commented it was one of the best wedding receptions many have attended. Look no further than the Copper Room at Hotel Congress and Melissa Matriss!

Profile Picture Brian, 3/15/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The ceremony and reception was everything I could have dreamed of. Everyone especially Melissa made sure that everything ran smoothly and it was perfect. Definitely reasonably priced as well!

Profile Picture User4843013, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our wedding reception at Hotel Congress was phenomenal. Everything from food to decorations was amazing. Melissa was helpful at every step of the planning. She had great recommendations for services such as flower, wedding cake and much more. She was accommodating and receptive to our ideas. We want to thank Melissa and the staff for making our big day run smoothly and even more special. Thank you! I would definitely recommend Melissa and Hotel Congress for brides to be.

Profile Picture User4985355, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ

We adore the Copper Hall at Hotel Congress! It was the perfect location for our reception. The hall is beautiful, especially at night when the candles are lit, it's gorgeous. The hall has this great art deco, romantic feel. The food was exceptional, so many of our guest raved about how delicious everything tasted. This was important to us, we wanted to make sure our guests could enjoy exciting, creative options rather than your typical dried out wedding buffet. Finally, the staff was lovely! They were polite and worked so hard to make sure everything went smoothly. The Banquet director orchestrated the evening perfectly, she knew exactly how to make our vision into a reality. With her, nothing was ever an issue or a problem, everything was possible. She was personable, attentive, and a complete pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend having a wedding reception or any event at the Copper Hall!

Profile Picture Alicia, 2/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I moved away over 10 years ago, but when my wife and I decided to get married in Tucson, The Hotel Congress was our first and only choice. Congress is truly one of the most charming venues in the country, somehow blending class, sophistication, and southwest history with just the right amount of artistic creativity and rock and roll energy. It’s set up perfectly for a wedding, with a variety of rooms and spaces to choose from for groups of all sizes and shapes. Ours was a smaller wedding, and we started with sparkling wine in the Lobby as the sun was setting through the plate glass windows behind the bar. We moved across the street to Maynards for dinner after our ceremony, and we were blown away by our experience! Maynards has become a real star in the growing Tucson culinary scene and was by far the best meal of our trip. After dinner we had a wonderfully romantic first dance under the mesquite trees in the hotel’s beautifully lit courtyard. We finished our night back in the lobby with some deliciously crafted cocktails and a roomful of friends both old and new. Brunch the next day in the Cup Café was better than ever; I highly recommend the Bloody Mary’s as a post-wedding hang-over cure!

Though the food, drink, and setting were absolutely amazing, there is one thing about our experience that really stood out: the service. Despite the relatively small size of our wedding, the staff at Congress did everything possible to make our wedding as unique, romantic, and seamless as it possibly could be. Melissa the Banquet Director, Claire at the front desk, the bartender in the lobby, the server at Maynards, the kid that saved my life with the Bloody Mary in the morning… Each and every one of them was a true professional and seemed to really care about us and our experience. Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Nathan, 11/10/14, 1 Review