Hopkins Studios Reviews

37 Reviews for Hopkins Studios

• Demi

Demi · Married on 12/01/2018

Holy cow!!

We just received our pictures from Scott & Melissa and we could not be happier! They made the wedding day almost stress-free. It was crazy how cool & calm everything was - unheard of. I barely noticed them taking pictures during the entire reception - almost to the point of wondering how many shots we actually got. Well, surprise! We have so many amazing, candid pictures! Magazine quality! They captured the emotions of our day to the point where we can relive every moment through the pictures. It is obvious in the pictures that people did not even know they were being photographed. They simply captured the real joy of everyone! We are both so happy that they were our choice for our wedding day! A 10/10, hands down!

Sent on 01/13/2019

Abigail · Married on 06/10/2017

Melissa and Scott were our photographers for our wedding outside of Beaufort SC at Dataw Island. They are both so nice and professional. We had a large wedding party and they were able to get all of the shots we wanted quickly so we could go in and have fun at the reception. Melissa also helped to calm my nerves before the ceremony- she kept telling me to take deep breaths and she made me relax. My favorite part of their work is the pictures do not look filtered like most of the wedding pictures you see now. The vibrant colors and quality of the photographs make you think you are right there in the picture.... they bring it to life! Thank you Scott and Melissa!!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Hopkins Studios's reply:

Thank you so much Abigail for this review! We loved working with you!

Karen · Married on 07/02/2016

Being a retired and more seasoned couple, we knew what style of photography we wanted for our wedding, and when we came across Scott and Melissa’s portfolio, it was our “Ah ha… moment!”. Too many wedding photographers have a cookie cutter approach to capturing a wedding with portfolios where it is hard to tell one wedding from the next. We wanted someone who could roll with the unconventional elements of an older couple’s wedding. Their documentary style photography, fantastic eye for composition along with their modern post-production style and skills were exactly what we had been searching after. Scott and Melissa were a pleasure to work with, we had lots of fun, they made us feel relaxed and comfortable in front of the camera and they were discreet as they moved among us, our guests, and during the entire wedding day. I am personally so delighted that we hired them to capture the Welcome Party held for our family and friends, the night before! We loved the calm nature of both Scott and Melissa, and on the day they blended among our guests effortlessly. We were absolutely blown away with the results! Scott and Melissa beautifully seized the essence of our perfect day, and their photography will tell our story for ever more! The photo journalism style, of Hopkins’ Studios, meant that they caught the feel of our wedding on film and avoid the staged pictures that neither of us wanted. Everyone was impressed by the photographs, and we are beyond appreciative knowing our wedding weekend has been documented for generations to come.
    Karen & Mike A.

Sent on 08/22/2016

Carrie · Married on 09/26/2015

Scott and Melissa were just so wonderful to work with! They truly captured the whole day and made our wedding come to life again in their photos! They were so pleasant and great not only with us but with our guests! During the reception you could hardly notice them fall into the background and they captured the most precious moments of the day! some of which we would have never seen or noticed if they haven't taken a shot of it! We thank them for their awesome work and would highly recommend them to anyone in the low country area looking for photographer!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Melissa and Scott are incredible. They were such a calming and fun presence throughout the wedding weekend, and I could see their many behind-the-scenes efforts working with all of the vendors to make our wedding smooth and flawless. They are exactly what you want in photographers: quietly in the sidelines for private moments, but not afraid to take charge of the crowd or pull you together to capture that perfect shot. We will always treasure their work -- it captures those special, candid moments, and is so full of personality and life. I'm so glad that we found the Hopkins!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Thank you so much!!

Scott and Melissa are a fabulous team of photographers! They were so friendly and flexible during the entire process. Not to mention they take beautiful photos. Our engagement session was gorgeous and they will follow your ideas while also offering some ideas of their own. They blended right in on our wedding day and the sneak peek I have seen so far was amazing! I cannot wait to see the rest of my photos! I would recommend Scott and Melissa to anyone in the area looking for a fabulous photography team!

Sent on 09/25/2014

Thank you Laura!!
  • Sonny

Sonny · Married on 08/01/2014

We have so many wonderful things to say about Melissa & Scott. Besides being a highly skilled power photography couple, Melissa & Scott are fantastic individuals. They were so great to work with - professional, laid back, charismatic, energetic, talented, patient, and just overall amazing. They made us feel so comfortable and special throughout every second of our wedding weekend - which included four days of events. Four days! We actually only asked them to shoot two days, but they kindly came to all of our events so they could make sure they got the perfect shots to round out the weekend. We were so grateful that they made the trek from Savannah, GA to Charlottesville, VA to shoot our wedding festivities.

And the overall pictures? They are fantastic (despite both of us not being the most photogenic!). They captured the overall love, meaning and affection of the weekend in a way that keeps the memory alive. Every time we see a photo, it’s like we are instantly taken back to our weekend! We are so pleased and look forward to using them for numerous of our life events.

Scott & Melissa, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for being part of our special days. We are so grateful for all that you have done for us! We highly, highly recommend using Scott and Melissa for your big day(s)!

- Meg + Sonny

Sent on 04/15/2018

Hopkins Studios's reply:

Thank you so much!! We miss you both!

Karen · Married on 11/02/2013

I cannot imagine a better choice for wedding photographers. Having Scott and Melissa as a team was invaluable in getting full coverage of the event. They were always responsive during the planning process, helping us understand our options and making the best choices. They were flawless during the day of our event, coordinating all the logistics of timing and locations for portraits, bride and groom photos, the ceremony, and the reception. And our wedding photos are stunning. I could not recommend them more highly.

Sent on 04/24/2014

Hopkins Studios's reply:

Thank you so much Karen!!

Kristen · Married on 07/27/2013

Scott and Melissa Hopkins of Scott Hopkins Photography are the epitome of what a wedding photographer should be - creative, stealth, prompt, organized, fun, comforting and passionate.
    Choosing vendors was exceptionally tough for me, because I was not only a bride but a wedding planner by profession. However, the easiest and best decision I made was choosing Scott Hopkins Photography to capture our wedding! I have seen countless wedding galleries from many photographers but none that quite captured the essence of a wedding like SHP. I knew by seeing their work that the details and emotion of our whole wedding weekend would be perfectly captured and was I ever right! It has been over three months since our wedding and not a day goes by that my husband and I don't reflect on our wedding images. Family and friends that were not able to attend the wedding felt as though they were a part of it by simply looking through our slideshow. Our wedding party commented that they didn't even realize Scott and Melissa were there until they saw the photos. Our day went by in the blink of an eye so I am forever grateful that I have the most beautiful images to look back on and be reminded of not only how our wedding looked but how it felt.
    If you are deciding on the photographer that would be perfect for your event, look no further. Contact Scott and Melissa and hope they have your wedding date available! Speaking as a wedding planner and past bride, this will be the best decision you can make!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Hopkins Studios's reply:

Thank you so much Kristen!!
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 11/10/2012

Scott and Melissa are a real pleasure to work with and their photography is outstanding. We've really enjoyed getting to know them through our engagement shoot and wedding photos and have received countless compliments on the photos we have shared with family and friends. Scott and Melissa were extremely accommodating and I definitely recommend them to others!

Sent on 12/29/2012

Hopkins Studios's reply:

Thank you so much Liz and Dan!!!! Y'all are awesome!
  • Claire

Claire · Married on 09/15/2012

Scott and Melissa Hopkins not only produce gorgeous photographs, but they are some of the kindest people you'll come across, which is especially refreshing when dealing with wedding vendors! They captured our special day so beautifully and we are eternally grateful to them for their talents. Their responsiveness, professionalism, and laid back approach were a breath of fresh air and made our engagement session and wedding day that much better. If you are looking to work with wonderful people who produce top notch work, Scott Hopkins Photography is for you!

Sent on 10/01/2012

Hopkins Studios's reply:

Thank you Claire and Rick!!

Courtney · Married on 08/25/2012

Scott and Melissa were great! They got along great with the wedding party and were very professional! During the reception, I didn't even realize they were there and all the pictures were amazing! They made our day very special and now we have great, lasting memories captured on film!

Sent on 10/17/2013

Hopkins Studios's reply:

Thank you so much Courtney!

Megan · Married on 06/09/2012

Working with Scott and Melissa was such a joy. When I first started looking at photographers for our wedding, their pictures stood out above all others. The true art in their photography is their ability to capture the emotions of their subjects. I found myself looking through albums of people I didn't know, and getting a smile on my face. I had no doubt that our pictures would be any different, and I was right. Our engagement pictures are amazing, and our wedding photos do that amazing job of getting emotion in a still picture. They were right there with us throughout the whole event. Such a great couple to work with.

Sent on 07/06/2012

Hopkins Studios's reply:

Thank you Megan!! I hope all is well!!
  • Jules

Jules · Married on 11/11/2011

Scott & Melissa are a dynamic duo! We loved having them capture our entire event from the gentlemen's golf outing, bridal luncheon at Vic's, welcome reception, & the best day ever! We have become obsessed with our sneak peek along with our family & friends. It was an honor and delight to have them by our side for every important moment! They are a treasure that we will be forever grateful for! Talented, professional, caring, & AMAZING!!!! If you are reading this- book them immediately if they are available!

Sent on 12/01/2011

Thank you!

Kristen · Married on 05/21/2011

Scott and Melissa were excellent to work with in every way. They are both lovely people, very professional but also very personable, and great photographers who captured our wedding just the way we wanted. They really let the events unfold naturally, blended into the action and caught so many precious spontaneous moments, which is what we preferred. From the rehearsal, day of golfing and brides maids luncheon to the wedding prep, ceremony and reception, they captured it all and we couldn't be happier with our wedding weekend photographs.

Sent on 07/03/2011

Thank you Kristen!

Melody · Married on 03/26/2011

Wedding Wire grade inflation aside, Scott and Melissa deserve all of these 5's.

If you want a team of photographers that you can be comfortable with, enjoy talking to, will laugh when amusing things happen, will fade into the background when you're having special moments (while still capturing them for the camera), if you want photographers who capture how it FELT to be there on the day of your wedding, with pictures that can still bring tears to your eyes or make your entire room of friends laugh when they are watching the slideshow, then these are your photographers.

Practicalities: First off, book them now. I expect their prices to start going up soon because they are just that good. Second, they are a husband/wife team, which means they work well together and it allows Melissa to be with the women during the getting ready phase and Scott to be with the men - worked really well. Third, the getting to know you session is helpful if you or your fiance (or both) are camera shy -- they really put you at ease.

Sent on 08/01/2011

Thank you Melody!

Kit · Married on 01/23/2011

Honestly, who COULDN'T love Scott and Melissa? We eloped in Savannah from Cleveland, so the Hopkins' were our photographers, AND our tour guides AND our Best Man/Maid of Honor. That's a lot for just meeting us!

We were instantly comfortable with Scott and Melissa. They went (as others have said...) well above and beyond in the generosity of their time, and we so appreciate them documenting our wedding weekend.

Hope you guys are up for photographing our reception - a/k/a "The Big Party" in a few months!

Sent on 02/05/2011

Hopkins Studios's reply:

Oh my goodness thank you so much! We were honored to be there to photograph your wedding! let us know when the part is!

kam · Married on 09/25/2010

The Hopkins were absolutely wonderful to work with and went above and beyond to provide great service. The were professional, friendly and they are very talented. They provide a "getting to know you" session before the wedding so that you are comfortable with them and they also do a great slide show for you to share with family and friends. Highly recommend!!!!

Sent on 10/24/2010

Thank you so much!!
  • JHollingsworth

Jordan · Married on 08/14/2010

Scott & Melissa were great to work with. They did an excellent job at being subtle, and we loved their photography style. There were many pictures that I had no idea they even got. We live 4 1/2 hours away from Hilton Head/Savannah and at first were worried about hiring people we had never met that were so far away. Scott & Melissa were so professional and very quick to respond to any need or question we had. It took no time for us to feel completely at ease with them & their work. Great photographers! Would highly recommend.

Sent on 09/13/2010

Hopkins Studios's reply:

Thank you so much Jordan!

Erin · Married on 08/08/2010

I recently got married on August 8th on Haig Point, Daufuskie Island. Scott and Melissa Hopkins were my photographers for the big day! I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Scott Hopkins Photography. They were a joy to work with! They captured the whole day beautifully, from beginning to the very end! They were pleasant, friendly, fun and also very professional. Their pictures were beautiful, amazing and very creative! Thank you Scott and Melissa!! If anyone needs to email me with questions, please feel free to do so!!

Sent on 09/13/2010

Thanks Erin! You rock!

Chris · Married on 06/19/2010

Scott and Melissa were a pleasure to work with! They were exactly what we were looking for as photographers for our wedding. They were very friendly, always returned phone calls/emails in a timely manner, and their pictures were beautiful. We loved having them be part of our special day!

Sent on 08/07/2010

Hopkins Studios's reply:

Thank you Chris! We loved bring part of your wedding! We hope to see you soon!

Meg · Married on 06/18/2010

Scott and Melissa made our wedding last forever. Their photos are out of this world. The hardest part of our wedding was trying to figure out which of the 500 great photos to choose for reproduction.
    When we were looking for photographers we were so turned off by the amount of "cheese" that is out there. Having been in many weddings, my husband and I knew that we did not want stock, unmemorable photos. We came across Scott Hopkins Photos and we were blown away. All of the photos on his website were stunning and natural. We added him to our list and scheduled a meeting. Prior to meeting with Scott and his wife Melissa, we meet with other photo vendors in the area. Their presentations were scripted and not personable. We grew worried that maybe everyone was like that. But after we had our meeting with Scott and Melissa, we knew we were wrong. The four of us met at a nearby Starbucks and their personable approach to the meeting was so refreshing. We knew they were the photographers for us! (Plus, you can always trust a Temple University alum and fellow teacher ;)
    During the wedding, Scott and Melissa captured some of the most wonderful images. They remained "tucked" away, unless we asked for a few shots. Honestly, we forgot they were there. Their professionalism and quality of service was out of this world. I highly recommend them. They are two individuals that clearly love what they do. They currently live in Savannah, but traveled all the way to Philadelphia for our ceremony and reception. Nothing says love and dedication to their clients more than that!

Sent on 08/08/2010

Meaghan and Zach,
    Thank you for the extremely kind review! Your wedding was amazing and we love your photos!

Julianna · Married on 06/13/2010

Scott & Melissa Hopkins are a dream to work with! They are friendly, professional, and take gorgeous pictures! They made my wedding day a breeze, and my pictures turned out more beautiful than I had hoped! Thank you Scott Hopkins!

Sent on 07/07/2010

Hopkins Studios's reply:

Aw thank you Julianna and Kevin! We had such a wonderful time and we loved being part of your special day!!

Meridith · Married on 06/12/2010

Scott and Melissa were the photographers at a wedding a recently attended and they were amazing! Too bad I am already married because I would have definitely used them for my destination wedding. Keep up the wonderful work!

Sent on 08/12/2010

Thank you so much!

Hadi · Married on 05/22/2010

We had the pleasure of having Scott and Melissa provide our photography at our wedding. They did an amazing job of capturing family as well as artistic and candid shots. They are both wonderful people and are great to work with. Overall, they went above and beyond our expectations. I highly recommend their service.

Sent on 06/26/2010

Hopkins Studios's reply:

Thank you!! It was a such a pleasure to to photograph your wedding! We look forward to seeing y'all in Hilton Head in September!