Heart of Texas Barbecue Reviews

15 | Hutto, TX

15 Reviews for Heart of Texas Barbecue

Melissa · Married on 04/09/2017

I originally wanted Heart of Texas to cater our wedding, but the venue had a strict no outside food policy. That being said, the food was so delicious, staff so accommodating, and the pricing so reasonable we had to have them cater our rehearsal dinner. These folks make you feel apart of their family and they put serious love and magic in this bbq!!!!! I can't recommend them enough!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 04/21/2017

Dan is wonderful! Responsive and friendly! BBQ was wonderful!

Sent on 06/26/2016

Heart of Texas Barbecue's reply:

Thanks for the kind words. It was a pleasure being part of your big day.
  • BecomingMrsDavis

Nicole · Married on 04/22/2016

Dan and the Heart of Texas Barbecue crew are amazing! Once we tried Dan's BBQ at the Spring 2015 Bridal Extravaganza, we stopped our search for our caterer. Most of our wedding guests were from out of town (Chicagoland area and Michigan) and we wanted to provide them a true Texas experience, Dan's amazing BBQ helped us do that. We heard people raving about the food all night long and the remainder of this weekend. We had some vegans at our wedding and they LOVED their baked potatoes and veggie kabobs, and the mac n cheese was a hit with everyone. Thank again Heart of Texas Barbecue, for the amazing food and the amazing service! We'll be visiting you in Hutto soon!

Sent on 04/25/2016

Heart of Texas Barbecue's reply:

Thanks guys. Looking forward to seeing you in Hutto.

Libby · Married on 03/26/2016

Hired HoT Bbq for our daughter's wedding. Cannot say enough about Dan, Dana, their bar tending staff and their food!
    Super friendly--very down to earth. Very responsive to our phone calls or emails. The food was simply phenomenal and plenty of it. Had so many people at the reception raving over the food--and when many of those are from Texas people who know good Texas BBQ, you know they did it right!
    Additionally, we hired 4 bartenders for the evening and they were so friendly and professional.
    Thanks so much Heart of Texas! I'd recommend you guys anytime! Libby Evans

Sent on 05/01/2016

Heart of Texas Barbecue's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. We had a great time. Your guest were super. Let me know if I can help with anything in the future and come see us when you are in Hutto.
    Regards,
    Dan

Kristen · Married on 03/14/2015

Dan and his team are amazing! The BBQ is phenomenal! Seriously amazing! We didn't bother tasting any other caterers products after meeting Dan and tasting his food. He was accommodating and professional. We could not be happier with our decision. People were raving all evening and I'm still getting texts asking who did the catering! Thank you so much Dan for an incredible evening! Pick Dan and Heart of Texas BBQ ! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 03/16/2015

Lauren · Married on 11/22/2014

Great service, great food, and he comes prepared to feed your entire clan of big hungry uncles!!! You MUST try the sausage!!!

Sent on 11/30/2014

Amber · Married on 09/20/2014

Their barbecue was the best I've had in a while! Everyone loved it! We got the four meat option, and each one was fabulous! Dan is so easy to work with in the planning process, and you can really tell he loves what he does! He did a great job feeding everyone, even though there were more people than we expected. I highly recommend Heart of Texas for any catering needs you have!

Sent on 10/12/2014

Arielle · Married on 04/05/2014

Dan, his wife, and his staff went above and beyond at our wedding. Besides delicious barbecue brisket, chicken, and sausage along with all of the great side dishes they were also able to save us from a little bartending snafu! Everyone we dealt with was so friendly and professional. Any changes on the head-count were easily made and emails were always replied to. Thankfully, after the wedding day we even had full plates waiting for us to enjoy on our wedding night.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Victoria · Married on 03/29/2014

Awesome food! Our guests loved it! Dan was so helpful throughout the planning process and made our wedding day so easy! He knows exactly what he is doing!

Sent on 04/12/2014

Dee · Married on 02/23/2014

Dan, Dana, and crew did a fantastic job on the catering for our wedding in February 2014! I can highly recommend Heart of Texas Barbeque for their tasty grub, customer service, and value. There were so many things included in the pricing: sides, garnishes, tea, cups, ice. sugar, plates, utensils and setup and breakdown. The food was delicious enough to please over 100 native Texans from all over the state, there was PLENTY of it, and they were prompt, efficient, and friendly! (Just be careful when you're searching for them - there's a competitor out there called "Heart O' Texas BBQ" in/near San Antonio; DON'T BE FOOLED! The Austin crew is what you want.) Thank you for the wonderful service!

Sent on 03/09/2014

Courtnie · Married on 12/15/2012

I can’t say enough good things about Dan and his barbecue! Dan is one of the nicest people I’ve met – no lie. He is constantly striving to do the absolute best job he can for you and was always professional and responsive. And the food…oh my! It was delicious!! I had so many compliments on the food the night of wedding and they’ve just continued ever since! To top it all off, the price was great…especially for the quality of service and product. I would recommend Heart of Texas Barbecue 100%. If you’re doing your research and have any doubts, just give Dan a call and do a little tasting…you'll be happy you did!

Sent on 12/26/2012

As we started planning our wedding, my fiance and I knew that we wanted good Texas barbecue! We tasted around at several places and ran across Dan at Heart of Texas when we were touring a venue. He is great to work with, but the barbecue sold itself! He worked within our budget and agreed to provide exactly what I requested. Leading up to my wedding, I was stressed with last minute details, but he kept in contact and even made a trip to scope out my venue ahead of time. The day of the wedding, he showed up as planned with all the fixin's and people to help make my day a success! And it was perfect. His barbecue was delicious! All of the meats had a rich, smoky flavor and the potato salad and beans were great too! He brought two different sauces, both very tasty. Several family and friends were asking who catered because they loved the food so much. I was very glad we chose to work with Dan! The food was never a stressful part of the wedding preparation! He handled everything!

Sent on 06/18/2012
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 07/02/2016

We tried Heart of Texas BBQ while at an event in Georgetown and loved it! We visited the food truck in Hutto a few time just to be sure we really liked it and then booked them for our wedding! Everyone commented on how great the food was, and Dan's caring and friendly attitude made everyone that much happier to be eating such great food!

Sent on 07/11/2016

Heart of Texas Barbecue's reply:

Thank you for your review. We enjoyed working with you. Come by and see us when possible.
    Regards,
    Dan

Brandy · Married on 09/26/2015

Not only did I love the food at my wedding, but so did everyone else! Dan's barbecue was amazing! The only issue we had was that his crew was running late due to UT traffic, however, dinner was still served right on schedule. Definitely a great value!

PS - get the mac n cheese!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Jessica · Married on 05/25/2013

When we were planning our wedding we knew that we needed some amazing BBQ to round out the day. I knew some great local places that I started talking to, but ended up finding Dan at a bridal extravaganza. His BBQ was just as good (if not much better) and his prices were amazing! The day of the wedding the food was fantastic. The sausage was to die for. I even went back for seconds! I would definitely recommend Heart of Texas Barbecue for your wedding or special event.

Sent on 08/08/2013