FRANK BERNARD LTD. Reviews

24 | Wilmington, DE

24 Reviews for FRANK BERNARD LTD.

Pauline · Married on 08/27/2016

I had a great experience purchasing my wedding dress from Frank Bernard Ltd. The prices are affordable, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I told them my budget and what I was looking for, and they found the perfect dress for me. I highly recommend checking this place out when you're wedding dress shopping!

Sent on 09/19/2016

Frank Bernards is a very good place to find a wedding gown, the pricing is cheap i would recommend this bridal attire place to anyone

Sent on 10/29/2015

Jennifer · Married on 06/14/2014

LOVE this place! Theresa was my consultant and she took care of me like I was family. She let me try on all kinds of styles and helped me figure out what worked best with my body. My dress wasn't at Frank's, but I was so impressed with the service that I brought the info in and they ordered the dress for me for $200 less than the store I found it in. It's a small store, but they will go above and beyond for you.

Sent on 06/25/2014

The ladies are so nice and helpful there.

Sent on 01/11/2014

Christine · Married on 03/29/2014

Found my dress here for an amazing price!!

Sent on 04/05/2014

All of my experiences at Frank Bernard have been wonderful! I found both my dress and my girls dresses here, and in record time with zero hassles. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly, and made things fun for us. The prices were phenomenal. I cannot recommend Frank Bernard enough!!

Sent on 06/07/2013

khadijah · Married on 08/17/2013

Teresa and marba are amazing they worked with me day after day after day they was so helpful I helping me decided on my gown and my girls dresses I don't believe I could have went anywhere else to find my dream gown.. I cant wait to show them pics!! I high recommend frank Bernard bridal shop thanks to teresa and marba

Sent on 08/26/2013

Love, love, LOVE this place!! I worked with Teresa who was such a sweetheart and did absolutely everything to see I was getting a great deal on all of my attire needs. I also purchased my bridesmaid dresses here. The prices at Frank Bernard are SO reasonable and you don't have to pay PA Sales tax! I would definitely recommend them!!

Sent on 04/29/2013
  • Adrienne

Adrienne · Married on 10/20/2012

This was a small bridal boutique tucked away in a not so visited area of Wilmington just off of 95 at Exit 9. The staff was absolutely wonderful to work with and so personable. I was wonderfully surprised at their selection available to see, touch and try on in house, and the fact that they could order anything from just about all of the magazines. As a plus sized bride (size 24 in street clothes) I was feeling so defeated in trying to find a beautiful dress that I could actually try on. They had a wonderful selection of absolutely gorgeous gowns in or near my size range and from good designers too. (I purchased a Private Label by G gown that was breathtaking!). It didn't cost me a fortune either for my gown (less than 1200 for everything including alterations from their in-house seamstress who was awesome!). Most importantly from this experience, they made me feel beautiful and not like an "appointment" that needed to be herded through like cattle. I highly recommend this place.

Sent on 08/28/2013

Julia · Married on 10/21/2011

The price was right at this location and the people are very nice to work with!!

Sent on 11/22/2011

Allie · Married on 07/30/2011

Found the BEST deal at Frank Bernard, they even did my alterations. They are the sweetest people and were so helpful and nice. Teresa is the best!!

Sent on 10/18/2011

Patricia · Married on 04/30/2011

This was the best experience I could ask for. Picking a wedding dress can be traumatic and the ladies at this bridal shop took all the stress away. They were funny and kind. The steamstress was the sweetest lady in the world. The value per dollar for the dresses in this shop was amazing. I ended up purchasing 2 dresses, one for the ceremony and one for the reception all for less than $1000.00 dollars. I highly recommend this boutique!!!

Sent on 05/24/2011
  • Deena

Deena · Married on 01/16/2011

I am so glad that I perchased my dress at Frank Bernards! The staff there was so nice and make me feel comfortable making this big decision. They were able to pull dresses that would look good on me, and fit without having to be strapped on. I have told everyone who asks where I got my dress!!

Sent on 02/03/2011

Chelsea · Married on 12/31/2010

We had our bridesmaid dresses ordered here. The selection of bridesmaid gowns is the best in the area, by far! They also have the best prices; every shop I've been to offers a percentage discount of dresses based on number of dresses ordered. However, Frank Bernard builds a 20% discount into the price of each dress! This was especially helpful, since my Matron of Honor ended up being 7 months pregnant at my wedding; even though her dress was different from the rest, she still got the discount.

Sent on 01/20/2011

April · Married on 07/10/2010

Do not let the decor inside deter you. They have designer dresses at discounted prices and the staff is great!

Sent on 02/10/2011

Jen · Married on 05/02/2009

I used Frank Bernards LTD for my wedding dress and Bridesmaid dresses. I LOVED my dress! I was fortunate to be able to purchase my dress off the rack for $150. It was such a wonderful experience! They made me feel so special no matter what the price range. For the Bridesmaid dresses we took an afternoon and must have tried on 100 dresses. The staff was so nice and helpful and try on whatever we wanted. They measured and ordered everything and the order came in before expected. The only downfall is that they do not have a seamstress in the store so we had to go elsewhere for alterations, but overall my experience with Frank Bernards was wonderful. They really know how to make a girl feel special and like a bride.

Sent on 05/20/2009

After spending months looking for a fancy, but also modest, mother-of-the-bride dress at lots of bridal shops, department stores, and online, I found a beautiful dress with a matching jacket at Frank Bernard Ltd. on the Philadelphia Pike. The shop has a small selection of sample mother-of-the-bride dresses and among them was this mid-priced taffeta dress which came long or short, straight or A-line, in a number of colors. I received so many compliments on this dress and hope the manufacturer continues to offer it. Also the sales associate and seamstress that I dealt with were very helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, and well-organized. Go here first.

Sent on 10/28/2015

Kelli · Married on 04/14/2007

Beautiful dresses...great prices!!

Sent on 02/12/2008
  • User2079530 · 2+ years ago

3.5

Very helpful! They will really work with you to find the dress thats right for you. They have plus size dresses right there that you can try on. They just made it easy to find my wedding dress. They also have a huge variety of bridesmaid/maid-of-honor/mother of the brides dresses in the lower level. Found my dress for a very reasonable price.

Sent on 10/12/2012

alaina · Married on 09/16/2012

I purchased my wedding gown from Frank Bernard and had a successful experience in all stages of the order. The shop does leave much to be desired but the prices make up for the lack of extravagance in the design. (Be prepared to sweat in the summer months, but paying no tax is worth the discomfort!)

Sent on 10/03/2012
  • W

Rachel · Married on 05/24/2008

3.0

I had an overall good experience with Frank Bernard's Ltd. Their in store selection is a bit limited so I didn't find my dress there but I did purchase it through them as they were able to get the dress I wanted for hundreds less than any other boutique in the area. My dress was a Jasmine Couture so it was quite expensive, and I probably would buy a cheaper dress if I were to do it over again, but it was very pretty and I received many compliments from guests and friends at the wedding. The staff at Frank Bernards were always friendly and helpful when I would call / stop in with questions. Both my dress and my bridesmaid dresses were in ahead of schedule and came exactly as we ordered. They give a lot of personal attention to each and every bride that walks through the door, but because of this they are often a bit slower to serve you when another bride is already there. The wait is worth it though because they will give you just as much personal attention and time as you need to get things done.

Sent on 06/13/2008
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 11/08/2013

4.2

They have some of the best prices around - and with my bridal party being spread over 3 states Wilmington became sort of a central meeting ground. All 4 of my bridesmaids ordered their dresses here, as well as the mother of the groom. We knew what the bridesmaids wanted going in, but had a great experience shopping for the mother of the groom's dress.

Also, while I did not buy my dress here - they are handling the alterations. Which came out amazing! They are a skilled team and do fantastic work. I just had my first fitting and I cannot wait to pick up my dress in a couple weeks!

Sent on 09/24/2013
  • Julija

Julia · Married on 10/17/2009

4.2

Great value. THe people were very nice, a lot smaller than other places (David's Bridal, etc). Would have been nice if they had in house seamstress.

Sent on 10/18/2009
  • EPY

Erin · Married on 06/14/2008

2.0
      2.0
      3.0

Don't let the outdated and ugly decor in this cramped little space scare you away. This is a great place for a good price on a wedding dress or bridesmaids dress. I have been to them for a few different occasions and the price is always right. But if the owner reads this i highly recommend a renovation. Also the dress came much quicker then they said it would. They said 3 months and it was their in less then 3 weeks.

Sent on 07/14/2008