Denise Adkins Weddings Reviews

Denise Adkins Weddings 6
  • John

John Hayes · Married on 07/25/2019

A Magical Moment in Carmel Valley

My newly wedded wife and I recently eloped, and were married in Carmel Valley. Our officiant was Denise Adkins, of Denise Adkins Weddings. I cannot say enough good things about Denise. Her fees were very reasonable, and from the moment I hired her, she was amazingly helpful. Since we were getting married out of town, I needed assistance on more than just the things in which an officiant is typically involved. I needed a photographer, so I reached out to Denise, and she immediately provided me with the names of multiple photographers in the area where we married. I considered buying a bouquet locally, and Denise took the time to get on the internet and locate local florists. She walked me through the steps of what I would need for the wedding, such as the marriage license, at least one witness, etc. Circumstances beyond my wife's and my control delayed some of our preparation, so we hadn't had time to think about what we wanted said by the officiant at our wedding. So Denise was kind enough to send us pages and pages of sample readings. Less than a week before the wedding, we still had not made a final decision as far as the content of our reading and vows. So I certainly wasn't the best of clients, but she was the best of officiants. Patient, helpful, kind. She was never pushy, but instead would occasionally send thoughtful reminders regarding selecting our reading and vows. We finally decided what we wanted...the day before the wedding. I called Denise, explained to her what we wanted as best I could by phone, and then I was off to other preparations, such as packing for the trip, confirming things with the photographer, etc. We drove to Carmel the same day we got married, so I did not have a chance to go over the "final product" with Denise, as far as the reading and vows. But she put it together perfectly. The words were so touching that I was choked up and on the verge of tears when it was time for me to do my part of the talking. In fact, the reading was so beautiful, that my wife and I are having it duplicated in calligraphy and framed, so that it can be on our wall as a daily reminder of that joyous moment, a moment which Denise helped make so magical. And Denise's personality was divine, her demeanor impeccable. We had just checked into our hotel, and were running late, so she just waited patiently, never making us feel rushed or nervous. Instead she helped instill a sense of calm (not an easy feat when the bride to be feels like she's not ready and is holding things up). And that demeanor of true caring showed as she conducted the reading and our vows. The gentleness of her voice, her graceful yet down to earth vibe, it was all just beyond compare. This accomplished and experienced officiant would be a perfect choice for any type of wedding. She was flexible, yet gave suggestions when helpful. She was patient, yet gave direction when needed. I cannot recommend someone more strongly. If I could give her more than five stars I would. But I can't. That's part of why this review is likely longer than the average. For I wanted to try to paint a picture in words, a picture showing all the things that make Denise Adkins such a wonderful officiant. Thank you, Denise, for being such an important part of Carolyn and John's Magical Moment in Carmel Valley.

Sent on 08/01/2019

Christine Nicole Paulson · Married on 06/08/2019

Highly, Highly Recommend Denise!

Absolutely hire Denise as your officiant, you will not regret it! After meeting with several officiants, it became clear that Denise was the best fit for us. Her energy and attitude is infectious, and many people commented on how our ceremony was one of the best ceremonies they'd ever witnessed. Finding an officiant that felt authentic to us was one of the toughest aspects of wedding planning for us. We were seeking someone who was willing to work with us to customize something that captured who we are as a couple along with someone who brought bright energy to our ceremony. Denise was absolutely that person! Not only that, she was easy to work with and a true pro. Could not be happier with how our ceremony turned out, thank you Denise!

Sent on 08/28/2019
    Denise Adkins Weddings 7

Denise Adkins Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Christine. I absolutely loved being a part of your beautiful Big Sur wedding day. :)

Sarah · Married on 11/10/2018

Very Thoughtful

Denise was such a pleasure to work with! We really wanted to create a ceremony that was very meaningful to us, but needed help putting everything together and figuring out what we wanted to put in. She had tons of resources for readings and such, and was able to accommodate our special requests. She was even able to help us modify a reading so that it was more suited to us.

She was so friendly and thoughtful throughout this process, and we can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Kahley · Married on 11/05/2018

Amazing Officiant!

I’ll admit I stalled booking an officiant until last minute. My husband and I were having a very intimate, non-religious ceremony. We weren’t even sure how we wanted it to go and where to start. Denise was absolutely amazing! She was able to give so many options for our ceremony and helped us customize it so it was personal to us. It was so perfect and I couldn’t imagine anyone else marrying us! Thank you again Denise!

Sent on 02/26/2019
    Denise Adkins Weddings 8

Regina · Married on 04/28/2018

We absolutely recommended Denise. She was fantastic and made our days so special. She has a wonderful personality and the ceremony was so beautiful. It was exactly what we wanted. ❤️

Sent on 05/01/2018

Rachel · Married on 04/14/2018

Denise made our wedding day perfect! From the first emails until the final "I do's" Denise was easy to work with, responsive, helpful, and thoughtful. Although we hadn't met Denise until our actual wedding day it was like we had known her forever. Her heartfelt enthusiasm for us and our ceremony came through and we couldn't be more pleased Denise officiated our special day! I would highly recommend working with Denise and would love to use her again but only plan on getting married once :-)

Sent on 05/02/2018
    Denise Adkins Weddings 9
    Denise Adkins Weddings 10
    Denise Adkins Weddings 11
    Denise Adkins Weddings 12

Sheryl · Married on 11/23/2017

Denise was great and so flexible as we had a Thanksgiving morning wedding and the bride and groom live abroad. We would highly recommend her for your ceremony.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Jessie · Married on 09/02/2017

Denise was absolutely the best choice we could have made to officiate our wedding. She gave our ceremony the thought and consideration to make it meaningful and memorable. It was incredible how personal the service was and she took into account not only what we talked about but she went a step further and looked into our wedding website for more detail and added parts of 'our story' into the ceremony. An amazing person to work with and she gave us an amazing ceremony, and we would recommend Denise to officiate your wedding ceremony.

Sent on 09/14/2017

paulina · Married on 08/21/2017

We loved Denise. She was very accommodating and waited until the last minute to figure out the timing of our ceremony based on the weather forecast.
    She was an absolute pleasure to work with in planning the ceremony. Very attentive and detailed. Sweet and compassionate. Made us feel very comfortable on the day of our ceremony. I highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for an officiant.
    BTW we are located in NYC and planning an event long distance wasn't easy but she made it feel effortless.
    Thank you Denise!! Paulina and Ben

Sent on 08/28/2017

Lindsay · Married on 08/12/2017

Denise was amazing! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Kathy · Married on 06/24/2017

I am so glad that we chose Denise to officiate at my daughters wedding last month. She was professional, responsive and it felt like we had known her for years! Thank you Denise!

Sent on 07/24/2017
  • F

Fran · Married on 06/17/2017

Denise is simply amazing. She is very responsive and punctual. we met with her few days before the wedding and touched base with her regarding how we wanted the ceremony to proceed. We had a hybrid ceremony and wanted to include elements of Persian wedding ceremony. She was more than willing and really wonderful about accommodating our request. She is so warm and kind and pays close attention to what you want. She has a really awesome template for readings and poems which are super helpful and save you time and headache if you don't have time to come up with your own wows or just don't want to write individual wows. We loved her and couldn't be happier about Denise officiating our ceremony. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 08/31/2017

Terra · Married on 05/28/2017

Denise was absolutely awesome with us. We spoke to a couple other officiants before choosing her and didn't click with any other ones besides her. As other reviews have said, Denise is super flexible and really helps you to craft the ceremony. She provides a lot of passages and selections you can use to help you create your unique ceremony and then fills in the gaps. I had written up a few of the passages I liked and sent them over, and she made suggestions that helped us mold the ceremony passages until it was finished. She was fantastic at helping us make the ceremony special for not just us but for everyone attending and participating along with us. She also helped a lot with keeping me relatively calm before and on wedding day! Knew exactly what was going to happen and when thanks to her thorough rehearsal and cues on wedding day. Very lucky to have found someone who really loves bringing couples together in unity and being a friend to them through their wedding process!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Tina · Married on 05/06/2017

We got married in early May of this year. Denise did a terrific job in helping us to create our own wedding vows. She provided a great selection of wedding samples and ideas, beautiful poems and passages so that we could incorporate them into our own ceremony.
    On our wedding day, due to unexpected cold and windy weather condition, we made a last-minute change of the ceremony site to make sure our guests were comfortable sitting through the ceremony. With her great leadership, Denise guided our wedding party so effortlessly throughout the ceremony as if we had rehearsed at the new site the day before.
    We received a lot of compliments from our guests about how beautiful and inspiring our ceremony was. My husband and I were pleased and thankful that Denise officiated the beautiful beginning of our marriage.

Sent on 09/14/2017

Rebecca · Married on 07/16/2016

We used Denise for our wedding at the Perry House on July 16, 2016. She was great! We were planning the wedding from Phoenix and she was very accommodating when we visited for a weekend. She helped guide us to an amazing ceremony. She had great suggestions and was so easy and fun to work with. She even slipped my husband a kleenex during the ceremony. Thanks Denise! We greatly appreciated your help and support.

Sent on 07/24/2016

Denise Adkins Weddings's reply:

I absolutely loved being a part of your wedding day. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this sweet note. big hug to you both.... Denise

Mollie · Married on 11/28/2015

Denise is wonderful! We planned our wedding ceremony from across the country, so it mattered to us that our officiant be easy to contact and quick to respond. Denise is those things and more. She has a calming presence, and we found that we really enjoyed planning our ceremony with her. She was super helpful guiding us through the ceremony planning process--she provided sample ceremonies and vows, as well as ideas for adding or cutting content as necessary. We had a bilingual ceremony (groom and family are from Peru), and Denise rolled right along with it, reading a key translation during the ceremony and supporting our simultaneous translation throughout. We are so happy with how the ceremony turned out; it was a reflection of us (short, a little bit silly, and sweet), and Denise was key to it turning out that way.

Sent on 12/12/2015

Helen · Married on 11/07/2015

Denise is extremely personable and warm. She was instrumental in making our ceremony unique and stress-free. She has a bunch of options you can select for the ceremony and delivered the ceremony with much warmth. We felt very taken care of by Denise.

Sent on 11/12/2015

Melissa · Married on 09/12/2015

Denise was recommended to us by our amazing wedding planner, Sarah Ward (Sarah Ward Events). From the first moment that we spoke with Denise over coffee in Carmel we knew we had made the right decision. Denise is thoughtful, spiritual, intuitive, funny, organized, insightful and willing to work with you to put together an eclectic and true-to-yourself-as-a-couple ceremony. Many guests commented on how that was the best ans most incredible ceremony they have every witnessed.

Denise provides a ton of support and material to help you choose the type of passages that you like. She melds it all together into a beautiful flowing ceremony.

I will recommend Denice to anyone that I know who is getting married she is by far the best choice we could have ever made!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Denise is awesome! She is very eloquent and has a charismatic speaking voice. We couldn't have been more pleased with how well she did and how easy she was to work with!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Patrice · Married on 10/10/2014

"I do wish there were a rating higher than a 5 – our experience with Denise could not have been better!

I suppose there are many things that people look for in someone who will play such an important part of such an important day. For Becky and I, it was very important to create a ceremony that was warm, intimate, positive, and truly reflected us. From the moment we met Denise, we knew she was the perfect person to help us create a truly unique experience and officiate the service.

The outcome was beyond expectations, even to the extent that even the venue commented on how wonderful it was, and the guests said that they couldn’t have imagined a better reflection of us and our relationship. I would not hesitate to recommend Denise to anyone- professional, caring, sincere, and supportive. Simply a perfect ceremony!

Sent on 11/25/2014

Denise was very professional, warm and caring. She made our wedding day simple and free of stress. She was flexible concerning time and put in extra effort to make our location perfect.

Sent on 08/18/2014

Brittney · Married on 08/08/2014

Denise was AWESOME!! We couldn't have asked for a better person to officiate our wedding. She was enthusiastic, friendly, and so easy to work with! I just happened to stumble across her service on the internet and I'm so glad I did. I DEFINITELY recommend her.

Sent on 08/12/2014

Kristin · Married on 07/27/2014

We absolutely loved Denise! From the moment that we met her until our final moments together at our wedding she was amazing! She has such a calming presence and is so much fun to be around. My husband and I had a less traditional wedding than most, and Denise rolled with our desires and silliness. My family also adored Denise and continue to talk about how great she did and how friendly she was! Denise made everything about our ceremony so easy for us, including giving us ample examples of ceremony blessings, vows, etc. She incorporated all of our nuances and styles perfectly and made our ceremony unforgettable! If I had this decision to make over again I would choose Denise 100 times out of 100!

Sent on 10/09/2014

Kathryn · Married on 07/19/2014

Everyone (including us) loved Denise! She is so personable and charismatic and really personalized our ceremony. I would highly recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Sarah · Married on 07/12/2014

Denise was absolutely amazing! She was so warm and kind and gave us amazing ideas to use for our ceremony. She really helped to make our day special and unique for us.

Sent on 07/20/2014