Decreations Reviews

14 | Harvest, AL

14 Reviews for Decreations

Kelly · Married on 08/10/2018

Lisa is amazing! My floral designs and decor more than met, they surpassed my expectations! Everything was beautiful and she totally understood my vision! She listens to her clients and makes sure everything is even better than you imagined!

Sent on 06/06/2013

Alison · Married on 04/26/2014

Lisa Akins was so great to work with - I knew from our first meeting she would make my vision come true, and she did! She helped incorporate things that were special to me, and also came up with amazing ideas that blew me away, such as a gorgeous carnation and ribbon monogram for the front door that matched the shape of the cake topper. So beautiful! She was responsive to e-mails and no question or suggestion seemed to bother her. The day of the wedding she even helped make the favor table look better with some of her own stands and allowed us to use some of her ribbon to decorate the cake when we ran out! Truly a great vendor to work with, and just a lovely person to boot. She has an event business now called Sacred Stone in Fayetteville, Tennessee, so be sure to check them out on Facebook!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Kayla · Married on 03/15/2014

Lisa is absolutely amazing! I am obsessed with my wedding bouquet, and the bridesmaid bouquets are just as gorgeous. She kept in mind the vintage theme that was going, and the flowers went perfect with all the wedding colors. She is super sweet and extremely helpful! I do not know ANYTHING about flowers, but she helped me with it all! I did not have to worry about them not turning out beautiful. She did a great job!!

Sent on 04/16/2014

Hillary · Married on 01/18/2014

Decreations is AMAZING! With one meeting with Lisa she was able to capture my personality and create an idea that was perfect for my husband and I. I think the most exciting part of our big day was seeing the flowers and decorations and Decreations exceeded our expectations!!! I rave about her to everyone I know that has a wedding in their future!

Sent on 01/31/2014

Amanda · Married on 11/16/2013

My flowers were exactly what I wanted! I'm not a big detail person or flower person, but Lisa knew the right questions to help guide me in telling her what I was going for.

Sent on 12/11/2013

Andrea · Married on 10/26/2013

Lisa is a wonderfully, talented, and true professional. From our first meeting she was always prepared with answers to our questions. Lisa and Erin our an impeccable team. My bridesmaids loved their bouquets. The centerpieces were stunning and simple just as I imagined. She took my inspirations and turned them into a reality times ten. Decreations also did our escort table and candy table. If you are looking for a florist/designer you will have a sure win. Trusted Lisa with her design and stepped away with such beauty! Thank you so very much for making our day so extremly beautiful!

Sent on 11/05/2013

Lou Ann · Married on 08/03/2013

Lisa of Decreations is absolutely amazing! She truly made our wedding magical in so many ways! I went to her with a limited budget and a limited idea of what I wanted. She was beyond helpful and went above and beyond in so many ways. All of our friends and family were blown away by how beautiful she transformed our ceremony site and our reception. Our wedding was at a community subdivision pool with a lot of concrete and not much to look at. By the time she was done it looked like it was something from a story book. She kept me up to date on how things were coming along and she was wonderful to work with. I cannot begin to impress on any of you brides to be out there that you should contact Lisa! She will work with you and give you lots of wonderful suggestions and options. She makes the wedding planning process a breeze and your wedding day stress free.....and GORGEOUS! I will tell everyone I know about her and I look forward to using her for other special occasions.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Lisa Akins is an amazing floral designer. She surpassed my expectations in every way. All the flowers were so beautiful! The Bridesmaids loved their bouquets and one said it was the prettiest one she ever had (she had been in ten weddings). She was extremely accommodating and so helpful. She is fabulous to work with and I would highly recommend her for any event.

Sent on 08/13/2013
  • W

William · Married on 05/11/2013

We bought a GoPro Hero 3 to go in the bouquet. She was so excited about this idea, and couldn't wait to put it in. She also brought us some peonies from her grandmother's garden and some curly willow all because she had extras of them and she did this w/out charging us. The alter treatment and my bouquet were exactly what I wanted. It's like she saw exactly what I wanted in my head and was able to read my mind. She was the only florist that I could find that was able to work on Mother's Day weekend because she does weddings only! I love her and I am soo happy that we found her

Sent on 05/12/2013

Nikki · Married on 06/23/2012

I just don't know where to begin about Lisa. She is simply amazing! She came recommended to me by two of my other vendors. From our first meeting I knew she was going to be great. She listened to what I wanted and took a look at my inspirations pictures. She definitely helped me shape my vision and then turned it into reality. I told her from the beginning I wanted colorful, every color! I also wanted other things intertwined like peacock feathers and crystals. She and her team definitely delivered. Not only did they make the standard pieces (even though there was nothing standard about them) like center pieces and bouquets. They laid out this amazing flower petal design down the aisle, hung gold fabrics to create more of a mandap feeling since my husband is Indian and created this beautiful crystal and flower buds curtain behind us. She is just so easy to work with and helpful. She always responded to emails within a few hours and would text me pictures of fabrics or a center piece she was working on. She came by my house many times to pick things up, always offered her help with anything and gave great opinions when asked. You can't go wrong with Lisa. From a single center piece on Valentine's Day to a wedding, she can do it all.

Sent on 07/02/2012
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/02/2012

Lisa and her team are fantastic! They care about what you really want and make it happen. Lisa is so nice and great to work with. All of my flowers and decorations for our wedding were perfect!

Sent on 06/28/2012
  • Meredith

Meredith · Married on 03/24/2012

Lisa Akins created the perfect aura for my wedding day. I had a Celtic inspired wedding and it's very difficult to produce that in flora, but Lisa pulled it off. I had a rather large wedding party (for me, 6 maids and 1 junior--for him, 6 groomsmen) and a smaller altar area at my venue. So I told her I just need the altar area to be very simple because the wedding party is going to act as the decoration. I had a simple drape over the alter with old "rod iron" lamp posts to give the church a rustic Celtic chapel look. My bouquet was very simple Hand-tied bouquet of white anemones, hydrangea, ranunculus, lisianthus, and stephanotis accented with green tea roses, herbs, Bells of Ireland and lily grass loops.
    My reception was mirrored after an Irish pub, with simple table decor but lots of texture with moss, curly willow and other green elements. Due to the number of people coming, I chose 3 differnet centerpieces to circulate around the tables so they were not all the same.
    1) Black Lantern with white pillar candle. Floorof lantern will have moss and pebbles. Pebbles will also be around the lantern as well as votives flanking the lantern in various sizes. Votives will hold both candles and other textural elements.
    2)Tall slim cylinder filled with river rock, moss and curly willow flanked with votives.
    3) Manzaneta branch inside a wooden box covered in moss. Hanging from the branches will be small crystals and green amaranthus.
    The entire evening was magical. Lisa captured the very essence of the event and I would recommend her for and special event.

Sent on 08/28/2012

Jaclyn · Married on 01/22/2011

Lisa with Decreations did so much more for my flowers on my wedding day than I could have even pictured. She and I met a few times and we bounced ideas of what I wanted but couldn't picture. I don't know anything about flowers. She always had a way to show me what the flowers were that she was thinking of, whether it was on the spot with a book or a follow-up e-mail less than 3 hours after the meeting. Lisa listened to my whole idea of the wedding and what I wanted it to look like and then she made the coolest, prettiest bouquets I've seen. I love how she captures personality and the wedding theme within the flowers. The flowers themselves were so fresh. We still had my bouquet in the house after our honeymoon. I can't thank Lisa enough for the work she did with the flowers and the image I had in my head.

Sent on 03/15/2012

Lisa from Decreations became more like a friends during the planning process. We exchanged emails for months, I was at her house several times and I kept adding to her workload as the day got closer. She was always willing to do whatever I asked and usually went above and beyond what I had imagined. She did a wonderful job on my brooch bouquet and I loved the arch and flower girl pomander that she did. She works out of her home so she was a little cheaper than the other two florists that I checked into because she doesn’t have the overhead cost of a store. I’d definitely recommend her to any bride!! She’s super sweet and easy to work!!

Sent on 01/02/2013