Common Roots Catering Reviews

43 Reviews for Common Roots Catering

• Brian

Brian Bard · Married on 12/15/2018

Amazing Service and Flexibility

Common Roots provided the bar for our wedding, and my wife and I couldn't have been happier! They were easy to work with via email and phone from out-of-state. The day-of they delivered right on time and were super flexible and independent, setting up and taking down seamlessly. Their service was great and added a lot to our guests' experience.

Kelsey · Married on 06/16/2018

Everything went off without a hitch thanks to Kate and the amazing Common Roots team. We used Common Roots for both Bartending & Catering Services.

Throughout the entire process, Kate was extremely helpful and communicative about various milestones, decisions that needed to be made and my many changes up until wedding day.

When it came to the catering we received many compliment on the food - from the overall presentation to simply the tastiness of the dishes. Even our gluten free friends were raving about how even they could find options to each. They were also able to accommodate the kitchen situation at our venue (Paikka) which could have been problematic to other vendors.

As for Bartending, just as great of an option! With the liberty of being able to bring in our own booze they did just about everything else - Bartenders, Bar Fruit, Mixers, Ice, Glasses, Plastic Cups, etc. It gave us peace of mind knowing that they had that portion covered.

Overall would highly recommend them to anyone looking for great food and great staff!

Ellen · Married on 10/07/2017

I think we exchanged over 90 emails over the course of the year, including a few emails explaining that my partner and I decided to go with another caterer that was slightly less expensive. But the other caterer's communication was so unresponsive and messy that we came right back; CRC even helped us schedule a last minute tasting session while we were in town for the holidays shortly after this debacle. Leah and Monica were wonderful leading up to the wedding, and on the day of, all I noticed was everything running smoothly. The day-of staff were cheery. Guests we wouldn't have expected to love our all vegetarian meal still rave about the polenta. We loved working with Common Roots and were glad to support a business that supports local food and livable wages for their workers.

Celia · Married on 09/19/2015

Working with Common Roots for our wedding catering was a great experience from start to finish. They were always very helpful, answered our many questions and were always willing to make changes and tweaks to our menu. Come wedding day the food was absolutely delicious and presented beautifully. The on-site staff was helpful and pleasant, as well. We had so many guests comment on how wonderful the food was and still continue to comment about it months after the wedding. We would highly recommend Common Roots to anyone!

shelley · Married on 09/12/2015

I would highly recommend Common Roots to any wedding couple AND anyone looking for an amazing local caterer! The food was perfection and all of our guests plates were stacked. The braised beef and IPA chicken were exceptional and don't forget to order the white cheddar mashed potatoes. Besides the food being so wonderful, the service was equally as great. Monica Foss, who was our sales coordinator, was a true professional and quick to reply to all of our questions. And Trevor was the onsight coordinator the day of the wedding and he was amazing! We'll use them again for sure!

Savannah · Married on 06/14/2015

I love this catering company! And I will keep going to them for any other catering needs.

Sent on 04/23/2015

Common Roots Catering's reply:

Thanks for the note, Savannah! I had so much fun at the tasting with you, Coleton, and your family. We are so excited for your wedding this June!!

Casey

Kendal · Married on 03/21/2015

Common Roots is the best -- I had had their food before, but never been to a catered event. I can't say enough about how awesome our dinner was (brisket = heaven). Also, the catering staff were great -- quick, professional, talented. Because I planned my wedding out of town, I didn't even get to try the food ahead of time, so I said a prayer and hoped for the best. Turns out I didn't have anything to worry about. Everyone I talked to loved the food, and I had a great experience working with CRC during the planning process. They were super accommodating to a few different tastings, changing the menu around, and meeting special dietary requests. The catering staff also did our room flip between the ceremony and reception, and they were super fast with it -- I didn't think our venue could look as wonderful as it did.

The food tastes great, I know that CRC is committed to ethically sourcing their ingredients, and I am happy I could use them for my wedding. Also, we had several severe allergies, combinations of vegetarian and gluten free guests, and some other weird restrictions. CRC met those requests specifically, while still providing delicious food and not charging us an arm and a leg.

Sent on 03/27/2015

Kendal,

Both you and your family have been such a pleasure to work with! I wish we would have had a chance to meet in person but I am glad I was able to help make your wedding planning easy - even from a distance. I heard great things from the staff about how beautiful your wedding was and wish you and Jeff nothing but the best! Thanks again for choosing Common Roots Catering for your special day!

Sarah

We actually got married in a judge's chambers and asked Common Roots to cater the party in September. We had 175 people in attendance and were thrilled with Common Roots from start to finish. Our contact, Sarah Mertz, was super quick and responsive. She/Common Roots were flexible when we had to change the date once. Sarah was fun to work with, she listened well, and she provided solutions to all issues that came up. The on-site catering staff was efficient, courteous, friendly. Above all, the most important thing: The food was divine. We would work with Common Roots Catering again. No complaints.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Common Roots Catering's reply:

I'm so glad we had the opportunity to work together! You both were wonderful to work with. We wish you the best!

Micah · Married on 07/06/2014

We had Common Roots cater our intimate backyard wedding party and everything went perfectly. Sarah Mertz, the catering manager, was a joy to work with. She's professional, responsive, and help us planned the details we hadn't thought of. She also provided excellent recommendation and she has great problem solving skills. The catering team and chef had great energy as well; which was very important to us for our important day. Our guests also commented on how professional and pleasant the Common Roots folks were as well.

The food was excellent. None of that dried boring wedding food. Excellent appetizers during cocktail hours. They were also accomodating with less than minimum required order for our vegetarian friends. The vegetarian hor d'ouevres were a bit hit. Sliders, trout, grass fed beef, tart, all excellent. Service was professional and non-rushed. They have a great mission with regards to locally sources as much as possible, organic, and peace coffee and teas. Thanks Common Roots. We'd recommend them without hesitation.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Common Roots Catering's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with you throughout the months leading up to your wedding. Thanks again for choosing to have your reception catered by Common Roots Catering. I hope the married life is treating you and Teo well!

Katie · Married on 09/21/2013

I can't say enough positive things about our experience with Common Roots Catering. My fiance and I met with the catering team early in our planning process, with very little idea about what we wanted from our food, aside from it to be a) good and b) local and organic, when possible, and c) flexible enough to meet our guests' food needs (which included vegan, gluten intolerant, kosher, etc.). They started by asking us about our favorite foods at Common Roots, which was the wild rice burger for me and the fish tacos for my fiance. From there, they dreamed up a grill wedding, featuring an onsite grill, and phenomenal food. Grilled chicken, fish tacos, wild rice burgers, salads, watermelon, corn on the cob, and pie buffet for dessert. They were highly professional, highly responsive and planned a feast that exceeded our expectations. My favorite moment was when our on-site contact made sure that my fiance and I each got a piece of pie...it's easy to miss eating at one's own wedding, and they made sure we got to enjoy our food. I recommend them to everyone planning a wedding, along with any caterable event.

Andrea was very quick to respond, accommodating to all of our needs, and very flexible with scheduling

Joanna · Married on 09/22/2012

Great food was one of our top three priorities at our wedding. We're very interested in where our food comes from, and we wanted to serve our guests food that not only tasted great, but also reflected our values. Common Roots was wonderful about hearing our ideas and figuring out a way to make them work well. Andrea was responsive and direct; we never felt sold to or pressured in any way. The staff at the wedding was professional and friendly, and everyone said the food was amazing. We would hire them again in a second.

Sent on 10/09/2012

Common Roots Catering's reply:

Joanna - thank you so much for your kind words! It was such a pleasure working with you and Matt, as well. Congratulations to both of you and we hope to see you in the cafe in the future!

Sarah · Married on 09/21/2012

The thing I loved about Common Roots (besides great food) was their service. Not only was the coordinator extremely helpful and patient, but all staff members at the event were friendly, helpful, and attentive. They were also very accommodating, offering discounts when possible (though this was due to the small group size in my case), or offering to change some detail for the better. They are a little expensive, but if you're going for a caterer where everything will be perfect and taken care of on event day, they are definitely worth the extra price.

Molly · Married on 09/15/2012

I "shopped" around and ultimately came back to Common Roots because Andrea Sieve was SO responsive and flexible with my planning. I appreciate all that she did to ensure that she understood our event (outdoor/farm) and was helpful in guiding us towards the decisions we had to make. I am blown away by her attention to detail and ability to make changes as thats not a personality type you come across very often. I would say that Common Roots smokes the other vendors out there who are willing to go to a family farm for catering. Thank you. Wedding went off without a hitch!

Taryn · Married on 09/01/2012

Common Roots Catering was incredibly helpful from the very beginning of our event planning all the way up to the big day. Their staff is accommodating and courteous, making event coordination a breeze even with last minute changes. The food was excellent! We heard from guests that it was the best wedding food they've had. And it's local/organic! The presentation was beautiful. They made our outdoor wedding reception not only possible but a great success.

Sent on 10/03/2012

Common Roots Catering's reply:

Taryn - thank you so much! You were a pleasure to work with, throughout the planning process.

Congratulations to you and Jamison!

Ahna · Married on 08/17/2012

Common Roots provided delicious and affordable food for our wedding. It was a priority for us to have local and sustainable foods. We received so many complements on the quality of the food. Andrea was great to work with and was very flexible.

Danielle · Married on 07/28/2012

From start to finish, it was such a pleasure to work with Common Roots Catering! Our contact person, Andrea, was very organized; she routinely checked in to see how things were going, and she always responded VERY quickly to e-mails and phone messages. We had complete confidence that things in the catering realm would go smoothly, and they did. Even when we made last-minute changes to guest count and beverage options, Common Roots was very flexible and showed no signs of stress or frustration.

The food was absolutely delicious -- many of our guests later commented on how wonderful the food was -- and the service was perfect. We have nothing negative to say about Common Roots, and would happily recommend them to anyone getting married or hosting a catered event.

Sent on 10/05/2012

Common Roots Catering's reply:

Thank you, Danielle! It was such a pleasure working with you and Chris. I'm so glad we could be a part of your special day and congratulations again from the Common Roots team.

Becca · Married on 06/30/2012

Everything went so smoothly and our guests raved about the tasty food and friendly service! I would recommend Common Roots in a heartbeat! They were exactly what we were looking for. THANK YOU!

Rebecca · Married on 11/05/2011

Common Roots was great at my wedding. The food was fresh and delicious-I liked that they had a lot of local and seasonal options to choose from. The organizer was very flexible with our changing menu and handled things very professionally. The service was great! The servers set aside some of the food for us (we did heavy appetizers) so that we would have a chance to taste everything when we were able to eat late.

I would recommend Common Roots to anyone who wants quality, delicious food made by people who really care about what they do.

Kristi · Married on 10/21/2011

Great food, responsible, good service posted 1/2/2012\r\n\r\nCommon Roots catered our meal, as well as provided bartenders (for our own beer/wine). Overall, a great experience. Common Roots uses all compostable materials, and much locally grown and organic food as possible, which we felt really good about and felt that it was worth paying a little more to be a little more responsible. Food: We had flank steak and pecan encrusted salmon. Both were very good and people are still talking about the flank steak. Many told me it was the best they\'ve ever had. The risotto cakes were very good at the tasting but at the wedding they weren\'t that great and they are expensive. This was the only menu item I would have changed. Service: The staff at the office, as well as on-site were all very pleasant and professional. There was some confusion a few weeks before the wedding about the menu and pricing. They gave us what we thought we were getting at the price we were hoping for and we really appreciated that. I wish they had served the risotto cakes at the wedding because we ran out--if they had been serving at the buffet, as they told me they would be, they would have served each person one cake per person and there would have been enough. Cost: A little more expensive than others that I looked at but totally worth the cost for the locally grown/organic stuff.\r\n

• F

Jen · Married on 04/16/2011

The food was amazing! I can't tell you how many guests came up to me during and after the wedding and said how good it was! They said the chicken was full of flavor and the veggies were so tasty! I have been to a lot of weddings and this was a great meal! Andrea was so easy to work with and she got back to me within the day usually! She accommodated so many things and was easy to work with! And best of all- the food is organic, locally grown (when possible), and this venue treats the environment well!

Carmen · Married on 08/28/2016

Common Roots Catering provided amazing food and beverages for our wedding reception! Monica was great to work with. She was available to answer any of my questions and even helped us to make a last minute change. I just checked and we exchanged over 50 emails in advance of our wedding, talked on the phone three times and met in person twice. We were very well taken care of and all of our requests were executed flawlessly. Our guests had a number of dietary restrictions and Common Roots was able to easily accommodate all of them. One of my friends has a severe corn allergy and Common Roots investigated all of the ingredients in her dish, including the compostable cups!!! We would highly recommend Common Roots to anyone looking for a dependable caterer that provides quality, delicious food.

Amanda · Married on 09/20/2014

We used Common Roots for our wedding in September and they were great! Our contact, Kate Lutz, was extremely helpful and assisted us throughout the planning process. My husband and I were planning our wedding from out of state, but Kate made us feel very confident about our selections. She even visited the venue to do some additional event planning. Common Roots was also very flexible and understanding about making a few last minute additions, etc. We were more than satisfied with our appetizer and food selections and we received great reviews from the guests! The meals were flavorful and well-crafted and above all, a great value. We would highly recommend Common Roots for any event!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Common Roots Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your meal and the evening went well. You were a real pleasure to work with. All of us at Common Roots wish you all the best in the future. Thanks again!

Kate

Common Roots Catering worked with us for our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception dinner and we couldn't have felt more pleased with the service and food! Our rehearsal dinner was a grill-style picnic dinner and absolutely delicious and our dinner was a plated entree dinner -- our guests gave us many compliments on the food quality and the impeccable service. We also loved the environmental ethics of the company and being able to host a 'waste-free event.' Very professional, excellent service, delicious food! Highly recommended!

Kelsey · Married on 06/30/2012

I loved working with Common Roots! They were great right from the start, and I love that they use locally grown/organic ingredients, and have compostable plates, etc.

Sent on 10/03/2012

Common Roots Catering's reply:

Thank you, Kelsey! It was fantastic to work with you and Meghan and you made our jobs very easy!