Cityplace Events Reviews

103 | Dallas, TX

103 Reviews for Cityplace Events

103 Cityplace Events Reviews

Doan · Married on 02/24/2018

CityPlace was fabulous in nearly every aspect. The venue was gorgeous, the view was remarkable, and the layout provided the decorators a significant amount of creative freedom. The most impressive part of our experience was the remarkable service from the preparatory meetings to the day of the wedding. CityPlace's event coordinators stayed throughout the wedding day for any troubleshooting and their team of waitstaff, bartenders, security, and ushers functioned like clockwork. They gave me the wedding of my dreams that left an amazing impression on my family and friends.

Sent on 03/07/2018

Cityplace Events's reply:

Thank you for your lovely review! It's very kind of you to take the time to post it. I wish you and Tri a wonderful lifetime filled with abundance, joy and treasured moments!

Grace · Married on 11/18/2017

Our wedding was incredible, and we really owe it to Darlene, Jason and Cityplace. Working with this team was such a dream, Darlene was always prompt in answering any questions I had and she really worked hard to make my vision come to life. The venue's views, food, and staff were incomparable to any venues we visited previously and we could not have made a better decision. Thank you to the entire team, we will treasure our wedding memories forever!

Cityplace Events's reply:

We are thrilled to read about the “incredible experience” you had at Cityplace Events and thank you so much for praising our staff. It was wonderful to welcome you and your family as we celebrated you on our 42nd floor. The entire team has such great memories of your day and we all send our very best wishes!

Sam · Married on 11/11/2017

Darlene and team were an absolutely dream to work with from start to finish. They were so accommodating and helpful... we wouldn't have changed a thing!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Cityplace Events's reply:

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review and for taking the time to write! The very best wishes to you!!

Nhu · Married on 10/07/2017

Very satisfied, my wedding was perfect!

Cityplace Events's reply:

Thank you for taking your time to review us! We love to hear back from our brides! The very best wishes to you!

Joy · Married on 09/09/2017

Darlene and Lauro are top notch when it comes to guest services!!! The view on the 42nd floor will be talked about by your guests forever! Food is absolutely amazing and all the service staff are professional and courteous...worth every penny!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Cityplace Events's reply:

Thank you, Joy for your kind words and for trusting Cityplace with your special day! We were all so happy to celebrate with you and Alex!! From our team to you, we wish you both many years of love, laughter and happiness!

Tuyen · Married on 08/05/2017

Darlene was amazing! She help me in any ways that she can and more. She was quick on responding when ever I needed something! I highly recommend City Place if your wanting a fantastic wedding!

Cityplace Events's reply:

Thank you, Tuyen for your wonderful review! It is couples like you and Mac that make what I do such a pleasure! Our very best wishes to you both!

Dolores · Married on 07/29/2017

Darlene and Jason made the whole experience so memorable. We did the ceremony in the Loft Ballroom and the reception in the Club Ballroom, both on the 42nd floor, and did a cocktail hour in the foyer between the two ballrooms. For the first few times we mostly worked with Darlene and she was incredibly receptive to our ideas, needs, and budget. My husband and I both work in the event industry so we were able to handle planning most of the details and we hired a day-of coordinator for the wedding and ceremony. Darlene and Jason worked really well with our coordinator and it almost seemed like they had been working together for years! I always say the mark of a good event coordinator is that you never notice them during your event, unless they want to be noticed, and I would say that rings true for them. We also catered through Cityplace. Their menu is extensive and caters to different price points; we picked a middle option and had many compliments on the food and drinks. I think the food tasting was our favorite phase of the whole thing!
    The bridal suite and the groom's suite had plenty of room to spread out, get dressed/get makeup and hair done, and hang out. It is interesting to have the suites located across the atrium from each other, so be prepared to have a lookout to ensure no one sees each other! (It did make it a little more fun for our group to have to sneak around, though. They did a good job taking me around the building so that no one saw me until the big reveal at the ceremony.)
    Overall, I cannot say enough good things about the whole experience. I recommend them wholeheartedly. Thank you to Darlene, Jason, and Chef Andrew!

Rita · Married on 07/22/2017

City Place offered several amenities that helped our daughter's wedding go smoothly. The42nd Floor club room was perfect for the cocktail hour, Guest enjoyed walking around viewing Dallas beautiful skyline, The Loft provided the space we wanted for an extra large dance floor with plenty of space for guests to be seated and walk around to enjoy the Dallas Skyline evening view without feeling crowded. The Atrium space in between rooms was great for an extra bar, and overflow space that allowed all our guests to participate in our "Grand March". Parking garage, provided shade for cars and guests as our event was in July. The onsite kitchen assured that all the food was hot and plentiful and nothing was "forgotten". Darlene was a joy to work with as well as all the staff at CityPlace.

Cityplace Events 1
    Cityplace Events 7
    Cityplace Events 8
    Cityplace Events 9

Sarah · Married on 07/08/2017

Darlene and team are exceptional! From planning to execution -- the reception was nothing short of perfection and it was the best night of our lives. No detail was left untouched and it was such a smooth experience!! HIGHLY recommend City Place!!!

Mandi · Married on 06/18/2016

I could not have picked a better venue for my wedding! We had our wedding on the 42nd floor loft. Cityplace was seriously nothing short of amazing. They don't nickel and dime you for every little thing (unlike many other venues I looked into). They have and AMAZING team there and they are truly there to help you out with everything. They did a lot more than I was expecting them to. They have someone who is there just to help you run your event, and have staff there all night long just for you! They are very flexible and very willing to meet any/all of your needs. The food was also DELICIOUS!! I got so many compliments after the wedding about the beautiful wedding venue and the excellent food and service! They really went above and beyond for us. Our wedding was the best day of our lives and Cityplace was a HUGE part of that! You cannot go wrong with Cityplace, they are a wonderful team to work with!

Mandi · Married on 06/18/2016

I could not have picked a better venue for my wedding! Cityplace was seriously nothing short of amazing. They don't nickel and dime you for every little thing (unlike many other venues I looked into). They have and AMAZING team there and they are truly there to help you out with everything. They did a lot more than I was expecting them to. They have someone who is there just to help you run your event, and have staff there all night long just for you! They are very flexible and very willing to meet any/all of your needs. The food was also DELICIOUS!! I got so many compliments after the wedding about the beautiful wedding venue and the excellent food and service! They really went above and beyond for us. Our wedding was the best day of our lives and Cityplace was a HUGE part of that! You cannot go wrong with Cityplace, they are a wonderful team to work with!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Cityplace Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words and for choosing Cityplace to host your wedding and reception! It was a pleasure being a part of you and Hunters special day! The very best wishes to you both!!

sindhu · Married on 03/26/2016

Darlene and Lauro are the dream team! they made our day amazing! EVERYTHING was exactly as i wanted and the day and evening were so smooth and appeared effortless - i had NO emergencies or anything to deal with other than getting ready and having fun- everyone said the food was AMAZING (which never happens at weddings) so i cannot say enough about the chef Andrew Ornsby- we did a mix of some indian as well as mexican dishes as well as some southern comfort foods and all were fantastic!

we did our ceremony in the 29th floor atrium, cocktail hour in the dark wood bar on 42 and reception was in the 42nd floor loft. This was the perfect place for reception! the draping inside makes you feel like you are in a tent and with the view of the city it is unbelieveable!

everything and everyone was coordinated so beautifully right down to the end and both Darlene and Lauro were there the whole time - they made sure all vendors were set up and had everything they needed so there was nothing the bride or groom had to do that day except show up:)

cannot say enough about this venue and the team- am only sorry that its over and we don't get to have that day all over again!

Charlene · Married on 03/12/2016

We had our wedding reception on the 42nd floor loft, cocktail hour in the 42nd floor club and I can truly say this is the best venue in Dallas! The views are breathtaking and wowed our guests, especially our out of town guests who had never seen Dallas before! The food by Andrew Ormsby catering is delicious and we received so many compliments after the wedding about the amazing dinner. Darlene was such a joy to work with and helped me with every step of the planning process... she was such a sweetheart! I had so many questions and she was always super helpful and speedy in responding to calls/emails. Lauro was also such a delight to work with and made sure the night ran smoothly! He paid attention to every detail and made sure everything was set up exactly how we wanted and was flexible when we made any sort of request. The entire staff went above and beyond to make sure our wedding night was perfect and we can't thank them enough! I would highly recommend Cityplace for any future brides or for anyone looking for an event venue :)

Sent on 05/16/2016

Cityplace Events's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Charlene! And thank you for choosing Cityplace to host your wedding! It was such a pleasure working with you as we planned your special day!! The very best wishes for a lifetime of love, and laughter to you and John! Kindly, Darlene

We absolutely loved everything about this venue and the people we worked with along the way. Darlene Cope was fabulous - she was extremely responsive, organized and gave valuable input along the way. Lauro the day of coordinator was extremely helpful and walked me thru everything a few weeks before and made sure everything was absolutely perfect the day of. I have heard nothing but compliments on the entire wedding from ceremony to reception. The food was amazing and Darlene even made sure we were able to eat before our first introduction. They kept items that were left safe for us until we could pick them up from the venue. The snacks beforehand were amazing and well presented. The bar and bartenders were great as well. I have nothing bad to say and would recommend this venue to anyone! It is a great location - close to hotels and airports - and has an amazing view of downtown! I cannot wait to get my pictures back from the night!

City place offers multiple spaces for your ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. They are all beautiful. We were able to have a ceremony space set up that felt like a church. The Director of Sales, Darlene, was refreshingly easy to work with, and very responsive to all of my questions. She takes care of you through out the wedding planning process. When it gets closer to the wedding, Lauro, the Service Manager joins Darlene in executing the final details of the food choices, set up, and time lines.

Thanks to Darlene and Lauro and the Cityplace staff, everything ran smoothly for our ceremony rehearsal (set up only, we asked a family member to run the rehearsal), and again on the wedding day. From the time we arrived on the wedding day until we left after loading our car with our belonings; all the staff, bartenders, waiters, servers, assistants to Darlene and Lauro, and Darlene and Lauro themselves, were efficient, pleasant, always had a smile , and just took care of us and especially the bride and groom. I would not only recommend Cityplace Events, but after looking into multiple wedding venues in the Dallas area, I think they are the best you will find.

Rachel · Married on 01/02/2016

The best decision I made in planning a wedding (other than picking the groom!) was to book with Cityplace Events! We had our wedding in the 42nd floor Loft and reception in the 42nd floor Club. The space is gorgeous, the views are stunning, and the food is spectacular!! I loved every second of working with Darlene and Jason--they truly are amazing people who made our day spectacular. They made me and my entire wedding party feel at ease and truly were the secret weapon to our wedding. I would recommend them time and time again.

Samantha · Married on 11/21/2015

Beautiful venue with wonderful food and excellent service.

Stephanie · Married on 09/19/2015

This venue is absolutely gorgeous! You don't even have to decorate! Once I walked in to the 42nd Loft I knew I had to get married here! The fact that I got to work with Darlene the entire time was icing on the cake. I loved her immediately and even made her take a selfie with me!

Darlene and Lauro work with you to help you create your perfect day. Not only that, but I am pretty sure they get just as excited for you! You aren't a number with them and they work hard to make you and your day feel special. Pretty sure we were all squealing in anticipation of my big day for weeks!

Talk about a one stop shop! They provided the catering, linens, glassware, tableware and even some decor if you so desire! We also used their gobo light and uplighting package. The room was beautiful! It wasn't even fully decorated when I went for my rehearsal and I was already tearing up! You can only imagine what happened on my wedding day!

The food is delicious and the bartenders can make specialty drinks for you as well! You must see this place in person and meet Darlene and Lauro! I doubt you will leave without booking!

First of all, Lauro and Darlene....excellent, excellent, excellent. It was a pleasure to work with them and I was very thankful that I knew I could relax and trust such a professional team. I just loved seeing Lauro work his magic at the reception!

We used the 42nd Floor at CityPlace as the venue for our wedding reception. It was an extremely unique setting and had an amazing view of downtown at night as well as the sunset. We chose to use the Club side (the more wood-paneled, "Country Club-looking" side) over the Loft side (concrete floors, white walls & beautiful draped ceilings with chandeliers). The Club side had the downtown view and also a cool built-in bar area. We had about 210 guests in attendance and it still felt very roomy. The dance floor was the perfect size and the food was wonderful (we got lots of compliments about the food). Darlene and Lauro were our service directors for the evening and did an incredible job coordinating the reception. They were extremely professional and on top of every little detail, I had every confidence in their abilities so I could really just relax and enjoy the ceremony. The service staff was efficient as well - everyone was and and out of the buffet line in 20 minutes! Would ABSOLUTELY recommend CityPlace!

My wedding turned out beautiful at Cityplace Events. Working with Darlene and Lauro was a very good experience, they were there to help with everything we needed. The reception went off without any glitches and I know it had everything to do with the wonderful staff at Cityplace Events.

Cityplace is the way to go! Darlene and Lauro will take such good care of you. Every meeting we had with them was efficient and professional. They seek to serve and accommodate all you need. They were kind and sincere in all our interactions. I didn't have to worry about a thing on our big day! Thank you, Cityplace!

J. · Married on 01/31/2015

Working with Darlene and Lauro at Cityplace was a perfect experience for our daughter's wedding reception. The 42nd floor was absolutely wonderful and each detail was handled with care and professionalism that put us entirely at ease and feeling 100% confident about having our event at Cityplace. Darlene and Lauro were easy to communicate with and always answered our many questions promptly and patiently. They were very kind and caring while also being very knowledgable and professional. The location was perfect and the room was already decorated beautifully. The appetizers and buffet were delicious and our guests all enjoyed every morsel. We loved the fact that we didn't have to rent anything! Cityplace has everything you need in the way of linens, tables, chairs, chair pads, silverware, cake stands, glassware, glass cylinders for candles, votives, etc. to make the evening enchanting. The price per guests was very reasonable for the food, service, and facility. Many of our guests said it was one of the most beautiful receptions they had ever been to and that the food was exceptional! Hats off to the chef. We felt they bent over backwards to please and provide all that we could have ever dreamed of wanting or needing. The view was breathtaking and the service and care given on the night of the reception was unbelievable! Cityplace is "the place" for a reception! On a scale of 1-10 Cityplace gets a 10.

Laura · Married on 01/24/2015

We fell in love with the 42ND floor at Cityplace for our wedding. The venue is set up perfectly for weddings, and the view is fabulous. Darlene was great to work with from day 1. She was always quick to answer all of my questions and she stayed on top of all of the event details. Lauro was also excellent - he made sure everything ran smoothly on the day of the wedding. Overall fantastic experience at Cityplace. The food was excellent and all of our guests kept complimenting us on how great the venue was. I highly recommend Cityplace!

Amanda · Married on 12/13/2014

I can't say enough good things about Cityplace Events! It was literally the perfect venue for our wedding. The views were amazing (we used the entire 42nd floor for our ceremony and reception), the rooms were beautiful, and the service was unbeatable. All of our guests had a wonderful time.
    Darlene was absolutely wonderful during the planning process. She quickly responded to any questions I had and went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding went perfectly! You can tell that she loves her job! She was so sweet and such a pleasure to work with!
    Lauro was our service director and was also wonderful. The entire night went smoothly- not a single thing went wrong!
    Andrew Ormsbry does the catering at Cityplace. The food is to die for! Our guests LOVED the dinner selections.
    I would highly recommend Cityplace Events!