11 Reviews for Chatillon-DeMenil Mansion

Tables (2)
Wheelchair Access (2)
Uncovered Outdoor (1)
Event Rentals (1)

What a beautiful location! The garden was stunning, and our guests enjoyed touring the mansion during the cocktail hour. I highly recommend the Chatillon-DeMenil Mansion for an intimate wedding or anniversary party.

Profile Picture Katherine, 9/2/17, 1 Review
3.1

This is a beautiful and affordable venue. If you love history, and you don't mind the occasional hiccup, this place is great. I would NOT go back & change having my wedding here. But they DO have room for improvement
Pros: Most affordable & most beautiful venue we saw. Fit 175 guests @ cocktail reception
Cons: (They do not all fit) They showed the venue while we were there, all set up, the day of our wedding, even bringing prospective couples into the Bridal changing suite while we were in it in just robes! It occurred more than once and was quite uncomfortable for us
Groundskeeping. My mom &bridesmaid pulled weeds for 45 min the day before the wedding b/c the grounds did not look good
Not aware of their surroundings. They are next door to Lemp Mansion, another MAJOR outdoor venue. There was a large Jazz festival at Lemp Mansion the same day as our wedding! Demenil staff (at least claimed they) Had NO IDEA. If you are an outdoor wedding venue it is YOUR JOB to know what is going on NEXT DOOR at ANOTHER OUTDOOR VENUE. We found out FIVE WEEKS before our wedding, and not from anyone at Demenil. My MIL just happened to get on the Lemp Website and see this herself! If we hadnt moved up the ceremony time there would have been loud music during our ceremony & no one would've been able to hear any of our vows/wedding music. The music playing during our cocktail hour almost inaudible. Once the louder music of the reception got going, we were able to hear our music over theirs at Lemp (who were horrible when we tried to work with them)
Not the most speedy at getting back to you
In contract with the food vendor there is a clause that says they get 10% of food and liquor sales. This isn't in the contract with the customer, and we found out the hard way weeks before our wedding that that fee was being passed along to us, so our food/liquor costs were actually 10% higher. This is something both the venue and the food vendor should have informed us of, but neither did

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 8/12/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Wheelchair Access, Chairs, Tables

I could not have been happier with the service we received. The staff were knowledable and responsive. The vendors they referred us too were great as well. They all worked together as a team which led to a stress free wedding day for my husband and me.

Profile Picture Suzanne, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Best hidden gem!! A little hard to get a hold of every once in a while but they are SO flexible, incredible value - price tag is perfect. And it's so gorgeous. Trust me, you want to have your wedding here. ??

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/15/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved the Chatillon-DeMenil for our wedding. The house, so beautiful and rich with history, provided an elegant backdrop for our ceremony and reception. The staff at the venue were excellent and were very flexible with our plans for the venue, while providing great feedback based on previous events. I would highly recommend this venue for an intimate affair, 50-120 people.

Profile Picture Morgan, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We had our wedding at the Chatillon-DeMenil, and everyone was wonderful. They were always helpful whenever we needed to look at or work on something at the venue before the wedding, and our wedding day was amazing. We are so happy we had our wedding there--it was beautiful.

Profile Picture Brenna, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were so lucky to have our wedding here - the people involved at the mansion are seriously wonderful, and so hard-working. They were happy to set anything up the way we wanted it, and were always happy to see us, even when we would swing by just to browse the venue again for our own benefit. Andrew, who manages weddings for the mansion, in particular was so lovely. He was on site the entire day helping out with anything we needed, and to be honest it was almost sad to say goodbye to him at the end of the night. Gorgeous locations for pictures too - front porch, back porch, the home itself, carriage house, gazebo - what more could you ask for?

Profile Picture Brooke, 6/25/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Fantastic experience. We had our ceremony here and it was beautiful and the staff was wonderfully helpful.

Profile Picture Zoe, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter's wedding and reception at the Mansion was a beautiful, magical experience.

Profile Picture Cyndy, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Was able to rent a room here for my bridesmaids and I to get ready. Our reception was actually at the Lemp Mansion, but it was nice to be able to rent a room nearby to prep. They gave us a very fair price, and were even kind enough to let us take photos on the premises, which all turned out beautiful! They were very responsive to all questions and super easy to work with. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Sharon, 4/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Best choice I ever made! Chatillon-DeMenil Mansion made my special day more magical than I could ever imagine!

Profile Picture marilyn, 6/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Chairs, Tables, Wheelchair Access, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite