49 Reviews for Captivating-Beauty

Licensed (1)
Blowouts (1)
Brow/Lash Tinting (1)
45 Captivating-Beauty Reviews

We had such a great experience with Captivating Beauty. I live out of the area and was able to schedule my trial for the Thursday before my wedding. Tracy was so easy to work with and had her stylists meet me at Grand View Lodge where we were staying/holding the wedding. My bridesmaids and mom were so beautiful and all of them enjoyed their time getting glammed up. I highly recommend Captivating Beauty!

Profile Picture Brenna, 5/12/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

Very professional. They listened to everything I asked for and worked very hard getting all the girls in the wedding party done. They arrived right on time and went right to work. They were wonderful, with good suggestions. I would recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Abigail, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I visited Tracy at Captivating Beauty for my spray tan for my wedding. I'm a fair skin toned lady and the results were amazing (this was the 1st spray tan adventure in my life). She has a test run which is great if you've never had one to get a feel for how it'll look on your big day! Tracy is also a gem! So nice and friendly made for a great experience :-)

Profile Picture Amanda , 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Tracy and Missy from Captivating Beauty did my hair and spray tan for my wedding.

Let's start with the spray tan. I live in chicago and have tried a lot of different Spray Tan brands - mostly airbrush like Tracy did. I haven't found one I like better than the brand Tracy uses. It was perfect. The color was a golden and natural bronze color. I loved it so much I can't wait to get back to do it again. And the application was beautiful as well. She takes a lot of time to make sure it's applied evenly. It also lasts a very long time.

Missy - she is super professional and sweet. She listened to what I wanted and after our trial run - she NAILED it perfectly for my wedding. I like a natural makeup look and she made me look beautiful. The colors were perfect, soft and feminine. And my hair was perfect as well. She did several people's hair in a very short period of time and they all looked beautiful. She's fast, friendly and super talented.

If i could do my wedding all over again (and i wish I could ;) I would use Captivating Beauty again and again.
Ladies - thanks for making my wedding day extra special!

Profile Picture Lisel, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

My Wedding party and I looked beautiful and had so much fun getting ready with Captivating Beauty!

Profile Picture Victoria, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I can not be more please with my experience with Captivating beauty. I contacted Tracy only a few months before the wedding a little worried she wouldn't be able to squeeze me in on such short notice. Not only that but my wedding was nearly 1.5 hrs away from her shop and I live in Dallas, TX - Not familiar with the area at all! She made it so easy and convenient and assured me it would work just fine. Her hairdresser, Missy worked on hair and makeup for three girls. She did an amazing job. So happy with my experience.

Profile Picture Jordan, 8/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I loved working with Captivating Beauty. I scheduled our services with the owner Tracy, who was so great at making the last minute booking. We didn't have official bridesmaids, but we had a group of about 10 'would be' bridesmaids that all wanted to glam up with professional hair and makeup, and the Tracy was able to make it happen. Melissa did my hair and makeup and was so great. No one wants cakey makeup, and I prefer a more natural look. I was skeptical of airbrush makeup, but these girls are pros. It looked beautiful on all the girls. Prices were super competitive, and they will come to you. Definitely recommend.

Profile Picture Danielle, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Tracy and Melissa were an amazing team! They were flexible and able to accommodate to the location. I let them do their thing for each of the ladies in my party and they knocked it out of the park! Every one of us shined and the pictures turned out amazing!!!! Would definitely do it again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Carissa, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair, Makeup, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

A Bride's 'Big Day', in my opinion, is the day she feels the most beautiful! It was important to me to find the best Stylist(s) with the most affordable pricing to make me feel as beautiful as ever. Captivating Beauty made me feel like a Queen - not just for my wedding day but every day. They made me feel like I was the most important person before, during and after our big day. I highly recommend Captivating Beauty for such an important event as your wedding day. Believe me, you're worth it.

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/17/17, 1 Review
3.8

Overall, my wedding makeup looked great and lasted all day and night. But, I'm not sure if my makeup artist was really the most educated on makeup or was the most professional. Or maybe she just didn't think I knew very much about makeup. I had to ask her to fill in my eyebrows and spray setting spray afterwards (two things I feel like something a makeup artist would automatically do, without someone asking). She didn't spray setting spray on my mom, and by the end of the night, you could tell her makeup had faded. We opted for airbrush, which, for my stylist, means using regular foundation first, and then doing airbrush on top to give the finished look.
To back up - when you book with them, you talk to the owner, Tracy, about what you need and other details. Then she sends you a contract and asks you to give a deposit (pretty normal). Then she assigns one of her employees to be your stylist. While Captivating Beauty is based in Brainerd, they have a couple stylists in Minneapolis (which is where I was), so I was able to work with them without having to pay a travel fee. That was awesome. Whenever Tracy and I touched base, she seemed a little bit unorganized, because she asked me the same things that we had already discussed and made decisions on. But overall, she was super nice to work with, and things turned out well.

Profile Picture Tuesday, 6/3/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair, Makeup, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling
1.8

I'm not a fan of giving bad reviews, but this is for future brides rather than a soapbox. I had hired, then fired this vendor and my experience could very well be out of the norm; nevertheless, it was my experience. I was only to be assigned two techs for a party of seven full updo styles and six airbrush makeups, including the bride. After I expressed my concern with the amount of time two techs would take to properly prep that amount of ladies, I was (in my opinion) grudgingly or skeptically assured a third tech would be made available (my concern was that my trial alone took 3+ hours). I was unhappy with how my trial ended up and worked with the owner to try to resolve. I thought we were at a good place and I was ready to keep moving forward, but then was told (after purchasing $100 extensions by recommendation of the tech) that it would cost an additional $100 to install said extensions. These were clip in- mind you- not permanent. That was my last straw. I cancelled, lost my deposit and then the owner asked me to call her to explain my decision. I don't feel I owe them the pursuit, she can reach out to me if she cares to. She has my number.
Again, this is my experience as I hired CB based on the 5 star reviews found here on WW. I did not have a 5 star experience, and if I can help anyone else, that's what these reviews are posted for.

Profile Picture Joan, 5/20/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Makeup Trial, Hair Trial, Hair, Makeup

Everything overall was excellent! No hassles and it was done on my time which I really liked! Will definitely be going back in the future!!

Profile Picture Kesha, 5/12/17, 1 Review
1.1

I was very disappointed in the experience I had with Captivating Beauty. Trial: ok, but from the start, I felt like Tracey wasn’t really hearing what I wanted. Ffwd to wedding day. I confirmed with her my exact location for getting ready a few days in advance. They were late because they went to the wrong place. I gave Tracey the notes one of her ladies made at my trial. She asked me if these were my notes. I said no, these are the notes you asked me to keep track of and bring with. I had eyelash extensions put on, based on her recommendation to do so. While applying the airbrush foundation, she did not try to cover or protect the lashes AT ALL. Good luck trying to cover lashes covering airbrush foundation with mascara! You can see how well that worked in the attached picture. As well as the makeup lines on my eyebrows that I get to admire in all my close up pictures. I tried to voice these two things I was unhappy with. She told me I looked beautiful and seemed to need to rush out of there...hair: looked nothing like my trial. I specifically asked for tighter curls because I know my hair goes flat if they’re not. She did that for the trial, and it lasted all night. Wedding day: went flat in some parts before the ceremony!! Also, they charge an insane amount to put extensions in ($50). My maid of honor’s makeup flaked off in chunks. My MIL's hair had bobby pins sticking out of the bottom (see picture). Totally unacceptable in my opinion. Attention to detail was definitely lacking. Tracey's response to feedback is definitely lacking, both to this review and the email I sent after the wedding. Confused I was unhappy, when I already emailed her to tell her I was unhappy? Being featured in a magazine is definitely an honor, which we actually did not pay to do! Don't assume things please. And questioning why I would want to feature my wedding if I was so unhappy w hair and make-up?! Because it WAS beautiful and the best day, and I am certainly proud of that!

Profile Picture User6617828, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair, Makeup, Hair Extensions, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

They did a phenomenal job, I just wish they helped with the timeline a little more. I was late to my first look because my hair/make-up artists kept telling me I had plenty of time to finish in time still.

Profile Picture Erin, 1/28/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Tracy and her team at Captivating Beauty were SO great to work with. She is very positive and down to earth...and very responsive. She and her staff were very adaptable and willing to learn a new style for me (bride) before the wedding day. We had a big wedding party and I can honestly say that all bridesmaids and the mothers of the bride and groom were very pleased with both their hair and makeup right off the bat. If anyone would have been unhappy with their look, her team would have made sure to do what's needed to make everyone feel gorgeous. Not to mention...they travel right to your wedding site and are flexible working within whatever space you have to get ready. I would absolutely recommend them!

Profile Picture User7740288, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Tracy and her team do great work! I loved having them on site for our winter wedding. They were so efficient with me and my 8 bridesmaids and 2 moms. Everyone was so great to work with and I never had to stress about being on time. I couldn't have asked for better service.

Profile Picture Jenna, 12/31/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Makeup

A beautiful bride is a happy bride --- Because of the Captivating Beauty Team, I was over the moon with happiness!
From the first point of contact, Tracy was super responsive and helpful. I was a mature bride and wanted to look fresh and youthful yet natural. The airbrush makeup was like wearing nothing at all yet provided flawless coverage and lasted from the time it was applied to the end of my wedding day. In addition, I never once worried about it transferring to my dress or to others.
I chose the on site wedding day service for me and my wedding party. In preparation for the big day, I took advantage of the trial run which I would recommend others schedule the afternoon of a date night so that you don't waste the fabulous hair and makeup look the stylists will create. It is also a fun hour that builds confidence and trust so that come wedding day, you can easily let the Captivating Beauty team pamper you and your party resulting in looks that can only be described as stunning! Professional, prompt, and personable is how I would describe these artist and absolutely essential is how I would describe the service(s) they provide.

Profile Picture Robin, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Tracy has been a peach to work with so far. she got me the quote right away so there was no wondering on the price of anything. they will also be doing a trial run on hair and make-up for myself and my bridesmaids. they will also be coming to me on the day of the wedding to do hair and make-up.

Profile Picture User5589629, 1+ year ago, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Hair, Licensed, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup

The Captivating-Beauty team was a blast to work with...so happy I stumbled across them for bridal hair/make-up!! Tracy (the owner) is simply amazing... so sweet, accommodating, and not to mention an amazing make-up artist. Melissa was my hair stylist and she was amazing as well. The whole team is fabulous - used them for my whole bridal party's hair and make-up (which wasn't small)...they came out to our little cabin bright and early and did their magic. Stuck to the timeline and were a blast to have. I hope to cross paths with Tracy again sometime in the future!

Profile Picture Leah, 8/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

These ladies are absolutely amazing! After an unhappy trial run with the original hair and make up stylist I had booked for my wedding day Captivating Beauty came to the rescue. I was able to receive a trial run of both hair and make up months in advance as I was doing most of my planning for out of state. Both Tracy and Missy traveled out to our venue location bright and early on our wedding day. Missy was able to complete 9 updos alone and Tracy applied make up to 9+ individuals. Everyone was completely in love with their looks, and I could not have been happier with how both my hair and make up turned out. The Captivating Beauty team was a complete joy to work with and incredibly fun to be around! They were extremely flexible, as we also had a few last minute add ons! I would highly recommended Captivating Beauty to any bride and her wedding party, they will not disappoint!

Profile Picture Ali, 8/13/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Hair Extensions, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

I would recommend this service to all bridal parties! It was so nice to have Tracy and her team come to our venue. As the mom of the bride I was able to sit back and relax and enjoy watching everyone get ready. The team did a fantastic job with hair and make up. They worked quuicly yet were able to do the most amazing hair and make up. I was totally usure what I was going to do with my hair and Missy worked on it for maybe 5-10 minutes and I LOVED IT! Tons of compliments for the whole bridal party. The Bide was of course stunning! They were able to do 15 hair styles and 7 make ups all in the alloted time. Took away all the stress and made it fun. This is one of the best decisions we made when planning the wedding.

Profile Picture Ann, 7/2/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Blowouts

Bride to be??... Then Captivating Beauty is the choice you want to make! They have the ultimate bridal experience! Tracy is so nice and really makes sure your day is special! My look that I was going for was captured perfectly Lindsey! Thank you so much! Wish I had them everyday!! They did a fantastic job!

Profile Picture User6891985, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I absolutely loved my bridal makeup!! The airbrush was flawless and stayed all day. My artist Madi created a beautiful look that matched what I had asked. The communication was not the greatest, possibly on my part, but makeup and hair got moved up in or timeline and they didn't know. My makeup was done on time but she ran out of time to do the flower girl's hair so the hair salon ladies I had there ended up doing my flower girl's hair. Everyone was flexible though and it all turned out great!! I would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture User6832407, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup

The women at Captivating Beauty went above and beyond. Everything from the trial run to the actual day was professional and fun. My hair stylist was so attentive to details and I got exactly what I wanted. They were wonderful to work with and so friendly. :)

Profile Picture Hanna, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Hair

They were so accommodating and easy to work with. My entire wedding party was in love with their hair and make-up. We were all very pleased. I wanted a more natural look, because I don't usually wear a lot of make- up. And my make up was perfect. I also wanted a very relaxed curl/wave and my hair was perfect as well. I would definitely recommend them, the company is located out of Baxter, MN but they have stylist all over MN. They traveled all the way to Glenwood MN for me!

Profile Picture Kayla, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews