Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

50 Reviews for Brockington Hall Event Venue

Clean Up (1)
Linens (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
48 Brockington Hall Event Venue Reviews

We rented the Brockington Hall for a post wedding brunch for a destination wedding. We were allowed to bring in our own food, which the wedding planner & I arranged. We had the option of wandering and eating in any room on the first floor, although all guests gathered in the back banquet room to eat where they had plenty of tables with linens set up for us. We and the guests totally enjoyed the atmosphere of gathering once more at a historic home and would recommend this venue for a special gathering.

Profile Picture Linda, 4/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We used this venue for our reception and it was amazing! Such a great place for a Savannah wedding. I have lived in Savannah for almost 8 years now and have seen so many beach weddings and park weddings, and although adorable, I wanted something a little bit more. The location is great - just a block east of Forsyth Park, so everyone knows how to find it. My wedding party was a little over 100, and I was honestly a bit concerned initially about fitting everyone in, but the owners (a wonderful and forever patient couple!) insisted that my group would fit perfectly - and it did! They've done this enough so they know what will work and what won't. I was also concerned about parking as my wedding day was also the same day (& time) of the Savannah Jazz Festival which makes Forsyth Park packed and therefore difficult to find parking, but no one seemed to have a problem at my wedding. Haven't heard a peep about it.
I didn't have a wedding planner so I was worried that I might be too much of a headache for them, but they were very helpful with last-miute things (can I recommend getting a planner? at least for the day of? it would have taken a lot off my plate!). The layout of the floor that we used for the reception isn't exactly typical of a reception as it's not just one huge open room, but there is a large room that we fit 4 5' round tables in, and still had enough room for dancing, a 4-piece band, and the cake table. Having the other rooms were great so that people weren't blasted away by the music when they were trying to eat, but the floor plan is also open enough so that they don't feel left out of the action. There is also a piano in one of the front rooms that they let us use so my cousins could play a song for us when the band was on break.
Additionally, the house is so beautiful and provided such a charming backgroundfor photos that I really had to do vey little decorating! I am still getting compliments on the venue a month later and highly recommend.

Profile Picture Kathryn, 3/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Brockington Hall itself was amazing! It was perfect for 150 guests for our wedding. My husband and I were engaged for over a year and during that time my day of coordinator changed 5 times with Savannah Event Group (the do the booking of events). If you have a long engagement prepare for that to change a few times. They did a wonderful job in the end and Gavin Entertaonment (DJ) took a huge roll in keeping the night going and fun for all ages and groups! Magnolia Grill And Randys Beverage are both suggested by Brockington and I definitely recommend both! Totally wonderful! Contact me if you need more info on vendors etc :) Rum Runners Bakery, Shelby Ann Photography, etc

Brockington is also a wonderful place to stay over night as well. My parents and sister staying in the room and cabin downstairs.

Profile Picture Lauryn, 3/3/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We worked with Marcie on the day of our wedding and everything went so smoothly! Brockington Hall is the most beautiful venue and all our guests loved it!

Profile Picture amanda, 11/27/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Indoor
2.4

I booked Brockington Hall for my daughter's destination wedding although we loved the venue..we had issues with this vendor from the minute we walked in the door. We first had difficulty even getting an appointment with this vendor.When we finally had our meeting we paid our bill in full and secured our wedding date that day. Brockington sold me a premium bar package that day and argued about that package up to the week of the wedding.In the last year there has been 3 different event managers all promising or changing what the next manager promised us if I had not had a Wedding planner who was savvy to Savannah vendors, I would have been taken advantage of.I love the venue but watch this vendor....with both eyes.

Profile Picture Colleen , 10/30/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Brockington Hall was my mother's choice of venue. spoke with them over the phone they were very nice and helpful and ready to assign jobs right away

Profile Picture User5266948, 1+ year ago, 17 Reviews
2.7

I recently had my wedding at Brockington Hall. The venue was beautiful however there was not a consistent person to help me with my wedding planning. While planning my wedding the venue went through 3 different coordinators that were supposed to help me find vendors, including having one that "quit" the week of my wedding. Needless to say this was very stressful and there was no letter of apology sent to me. I only received a call from the new person they hired who was unfamiliar with the venue. Also, the bartender did not show up. All in all it was a beautiful wedding but all these factors compounded to make it a pretty stressful day. Thank God for James Carlson of Carlson Premier Events and Jamie Weaver of Jamie Weaver photography for pulling everything together because if not for them it would have been a disaster.

Profile Picture User7241896, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is one of the most beautiful places you can find for a wedding and/or reception in Savannah. Our wedding ceremony was scheduled to happen at Forsyth Park with reception at Brockington Hall but we had to have both the ceremony there also due to rain. It was beautiful and the owners of the Hall, Melissa and Lee Mundell were so helpful and accommodating throughout the whole weekend. From the time we began to plan the wedding weekend several months in advance we were able to ask questions and visit at any time to plan accordingly because we did not live in Savannah. Melissa Mundell was so nice and also helped with suggestions to make our wedding reception fun for everyone as well as easy in terms of parking and ease of use. The furniture is antique and the Hall has ample restrooms and kitchen space. An elevator is available. The chandeliers are everywhere and absolutely gorgeous throughout. Very wonderfully Southern. A perfect place for a Savannah wedding!!

Profile Picture Laura, 5/15/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Accommodations

Brockington Hall was the perfect location for our destination wedding. It’s practically located next to Forsythe Park and it’s within the historic district which allowed our guests to experience the best of Savannah.
The mansion has retained its detailed and original charm and décor, making it a perfect southern local for an authentic southern wedding. The floor layout allowed for a backup plan in case of bad weather, although the weather was absolutely perfect during our early April wedding.
The venue manager, Michelle Smith, was great to work with. She offered insight and was knowledgeable about the venue and local vendors. We were extremely thankful for Michelle’s responsiveness and flexibility. The decor is amazing and true to the historic location, while still accommodating modern needs such as an elevator for those guests with accessibility needs.
Our 60 guests were comfortably seated for dinner and the ballroom perfectly accommodated dancing and cocktail tables for guests’ drinks during reception.
The only limitation that I would have you consider is that for a plated sit down dinner and dancing during reception it will only accommodate about 60-75 people comfortably. Larger parties will be too crowded and the air conditioning may not keep up, making it too hot by the end of the night.

Profile Picture Sue, 4/2/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Event Planning, Set Up, Linens, Wheelchair Access

Michelle Smith and Brockington Hall were FANTASTIC. The venue was warm and classy with great flexibility for our ceremony and celebration. Michelle provided invaluable help along the way as well as the day/night of our big event. She injected the perfect amount of oversight to insure we were completing all the needed arrangements on time and with vendors that matched our needs. I readily trusted her recommendations and they all delivered - fabulous food, great music - and I could tell this was a tight team of really sweet people, which made us feel more relaxed and comfortable during the process and the actual day. Ours was a wedding of 2 women who've already been together 20 years - so no spring chickens. Michelle and her vendors showed a sincere warmth and professionalism anyone would want for this important event. We could not be more delighted.

Profile Picture Jackie, 1/1/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Accommodations, Indoor

A Perfect Savannah Wedding Venue. They let us tour multiple times and the owners could not have been more accomidating. I was so lucky to have found this venue!

Profile Picture Andrew, 10/31/15, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Accommodations

First and foremost, Mrs. Melissa is an angel of a vendor to work along side of. She was available on short notice to let me see the venue (more than once!), gave me great recommendations for vendors in the area, and handled all of the questions I asked with grace and patients.

As a venue, Brockington speaks for itself. Once inside, you're frozen in a moment in time and it is so cozy and romantic. We had approximately 110 guests, and it was a perfect space.

I liked the way everything was seperated, so every thing had its place and there was a place for everything.

This venue photographs perfectly, the natural lighting is amazing, the chandeliers are so breathtaking, and Mrs. Melissa is a gem of a woman.

Sure, there are other areas to get married in Savannah -- but visit Brockington once, and you'll fall in love with its beauty.

Profile Picture Alicia, 10/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Brockington Hall. It was just what I was looking for in a venue for my wedding reception. It is a beautiful historical home with classic Savannah charm. It is in a perfect location in downtown Savannah just a block away from Forsyth park, for some perfect outdoor photos. We had a smaller wedding around 90 guests. We were actually planning on doing our ceremony in one of the surrounding squares but it rained heavily on our wedding day so we had to change to our plan B, which was having the ceremony in the gorgeous ballroom in Brockington. It feels strange calling it a plan B because I couldn't have imagined a more perfect setting for us to say our vows. All of our guests were baffled that this was our second choice because of how magical it looked with the large chandeliers, gold chiavari chairs, candles along the aisle, flower petals galore....needless to say the indoor ceremony did not disappoint. When we were at the salon earlier in the day, there were several brides in distress because of their less ideal back-up plans for their ceremonies and receptions and I could not believe how fortunate I was to have booked this venue-peace of mind is a huge added bonus! After the ceremony, the guests moved to the front rooms for a cocktail hour as the ballroom was arranged for its proper use-dancing! On top of everything else, the owners of the venue Lee and Melissa are wonderful. First of all, they are very kind and personable. I always received a very prompt and professional response to all of my emails and they were very flexible for visits to the venue and logistics surrounding the event as best they could. I believe they are now using an event company but based on their professionalism I am sure that whoever they chose to represent their venue will have similar standards. You cannot go wrong with choosing this venue for your special day!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/3/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Brockington Hall was seriously a dream come true for my wedding day!! The venue was so beautiful and fit everything I had ever dreamed of for my wedding!! The space is so elegant and southern and it was the perfect spot for my destination wedding. Melissa and Lee were super sweet and easy to work with and so accommodating. It was perfect! Thank you!

Profile Picture User5439286, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Let me just start off with saying, if I could give this vendor higher than a 5.0 rating, I would. There could not be a better vendor than working with Melissa and Lee at Brockington Hall. To warn brides that are just beginning the wedding process, my biggest headache of the entire process was dealing with vendors. People don't call you back or take weeks (even with multiple emails or phone calls) to get back to you to answer questions, etc. Melissa would respond to me immediately or within hours for EVERY time I reached out to them. She made the entire process seamless. They were extremely flexible with working with me and I just wish all vendors could be like them. My wedding was on a Friday and since I live out of town, Melissa & Lee let me bring over my stuff early. Since no other events were going on that weekend, they let me gather my stuff Saturday morning (some venues charge you per hour you are onsite! So this is a huge help as FYI for those beginning wedding planning). They even suggested letting my chair/table rental company do a Saturday pick up to save me a few hundred dollars. As far as the venue, it is beautiful! The only "decor" I did for my wedding was a few photos in frames around the house of my (now) husband and myself. That's it! All of my guests were raving how beautiful my venue was and commented if I had actually spent money on "decor", it would have taken away from the beauty of the house (again, money saver!). I'm originally from GA but have moved away a few years ago. I was worried about the heat of getting married in Savannah... in June. They cranked up the A/C and was very comfortable for the event. The ballroom was great with the band (the elevator helps with setup). The venue also has 3 different bathrooms so there was never an issue with lines for that. I looked into all the venues in Savannah. If you are considering getting married in Savannah and want a beautiful southern wedding, you HAVE to do Brockington. Thanks Lee & Melissa!

Profile Picture User4588337, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are so glad that we had our wedding reception at Brockington Hall! It was beautiful and had the perfect historic Savannah feel. The owners, Mr. and Mrs. Mundell, are so kind and easy to work with. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/30/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Melissa was great to work with in every way. This venue was perfect for our daughter to have rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception in one location. It is a beautiful home with beautiful grounds near by. Highly recommend

Profile Picture Vicki, 5/24/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

This venue helped make our wedding dreams come true! It is STUNNING, so it does not need much decoration. This was perfect as I was planning our wedding from Boston. Beyond how amazing the venue is, Melissa and Lee are incredible people. They are kind, supportive and beyond helpful. We had a very difficult situation arise while we were planning, my mother-in-law was diagnosed with cancer, we panicked and cancelled the wedding. In doing so, Melissa wrote us the nicest email, which still makes my husband and I cry. They helped relieve so much stress that was going on, so in a few months after things had calmed down, we rebooked. Do not hesitate having your wedding here. With the budget we were on, I never thought we would have been able to have a "dream wedding" but Brockington Hall made that come true. I will always be thankful for them. Thank you Melissa and Lee!!

Profile Picture hannah , 5/3/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had never visited this place in person until the morning of my ceremony. I found it online and choose due to reviews, pictures, and location- it did not fail me. I loved this place even more in person! It had the right amount of space, elegance, character, welcoming feel. My family raved about how nice it was. This historical building has such a story and I'm honored that its now in my story. Mrs. Mundell was awesome, she helped in so many ways-even with making my guest feel comfortable when things were running late. She went above and beyond, and we all appreciated it, we couldn't have asked for more.

Profile Picture T., 3/22/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am beyond thrilled with Brockington Hall as our wedding venue! It was PERFECT! Historic, beautiful and affordable! Lee and Melissa were so sweet and kind to work with as well. Our wedding was gorgeous, and we didn't have to spend a lot if money on decorations because the house is already so beautiful!!! We even stayed in one of the suites downstairs the night of our wedding which was such a relief. Lee and Melissa are such sweet and wonderful people, and they run a lovely exquisite venue! It was a dream come true to have my fairytale wedding at Brockington Hall.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 2/21/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding and reception here on November 1st. The venue is simply amazing and beautiful. From the first time we did a walk through we knew we wanted to have our wedding here. Guests were very impressed and loved the chandeliers and the historic charm of the house. Melissa and Lee showed us great hospitality and were very helpful. I would definetly recommend this venue!!! We couldn't have been more happy with it!

Profile Picture Melissa, 11/1/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great place to have a wedding. It's beauiful and very well priced. Guest loved have unique the space was.

Profile Picture Renee, 10/18/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The owners were very friendly and easy tobwork with. The venue itself was beautiful and the chandeliers twinkled at night! We had about 55 total and used the ballroom for dancing. The space fit us well, although they can accommodate larger parties. I would definitely recommend this venue for ceremony and/or reception. We did both there.

Profile Picture Drew, 5/31/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Mr. and Mrs. Mundell were amazing to work with! The interior of their home is lovely and was perfect for my cocktail party-style wedding reception. If you have booked your event and need to make a last minute walk-through visit, they are usually available - just give them a call! They are very reasonably priced for the area market and such sweet, flexible individuals to work with leading up to and on the day of your event. My guests and I all had an amazing time thanks to their true Southern hospitality and their gorgeous home.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/25/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved our experience at Brockington Hall! Lee and Melissa were fantastic to work with; very flexible, forthcoming with information and recommendations, and super helpful on the day of the wedding. They truly worked to make it a wonderful experience for us. Brockington Hall is a beautiful, classy, and elegant venue. We are still receiving numerous compliments on how unique and beautiful this location was for a wedding reception. I was an unorganized bride, and so I was very thankful that the venue did not require a ton of pinterest project decorating... the elegance of the home truly makes an impression and a few personal touches go a long way. I would highly recommend this venue for couples!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/18/14, 2 Reviews