Bohemia Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Cesaley
    Cesaley S. Married on 06/20/2020

The best couple - made us feel so comfortable

Look - sometimes photos can be so awkward when you're not a natural born instagram model - but Misti and Collin helped make the process fun and smooth for us on our special day. They suffered through the heat and humidity that comes with a July wedding in Riviera Maya and kept things fun and getting all the shots we wanted with family and friends. I have no doubt that we will love every photo. They're a great team who work hard to ensure they capture every single moment of the day. I highly recommend them to all Riviera Maya brides.

Bohemia Photography's reply:

Aww you sweet thing Cesaley! Thank you! We had so much fun with everyone, thank you for having us! You have a great group (not that I'm biased towards people from OK/TX or anything haha). We hope to see you both sooner than later!
  • Karla
    Karla B. Married on 06/06/2020

Great Team + Great Vibes

Misti and Colin were so awesome for my wedding in Riviera Maya. They make you at ease when shooting and they are very talented. I knew very early on I wanted them to shoot my wedding and I was very very pleased with the results.

Bohemia Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for reviewing us sweet Karla. We reallllly enjoyed our time with you guys, and hope to see you again. Hugs!!
  • Triana
    Triana Married on 11/16/2019

The BEST Photographers!

We worked with Misti and Colin for our engagement and wedding photos. We took our engagement photos in Isla Mujeres and had so much fun exploring the town with them. They were able to give us tips on how to pose naturally and they are so down-to-earth that they made it easy for us to relax during our photoshoot. They flew to our wedding in Sayulita, Mexico, and were incredibly helpful in planning our wedding timeline since they took time to scope out locations beforehand. We were able to get photos in town, which provided a lot of great colorful photo opps, along with on the beach. All our friends and family were raving about how awesome Misti and Colin were to work with. They are incredibly talented photographers, passionate about what they do, and genuinely awesome people. We are thrilled with all of the stunning photos they captured from our wedding and highly recommend them to anyone searching for photographers. We loved working with them and will defiinitely be back to visit them in Mexico another time!

Awww Triana!!!!
    Stahhhp! You are just one the sweetest, kindest human beings i've ever encountered, and we are so #blessed to have been invited on your wedding journey. Thank you so much for the sweet words and I hope to see you both again, here or Austin!
  • Karlee
    Karlee Married on 11/07/2019

Simply Amazing and Seamless

Misti and Colin were absolutely amazing to work with. From the beginning stages of booking them to the actual wedding day, they made everything super easy for us. They are the definition of couple goals! Throughout the day they made sure to capture all the little details and were super fun to be around. I cannot wait to see the finished product!!! You would be foolish if you didn’t hire Bohemia!!

Karlee!

Oh my gosh, thank you so much for the kind words! You guys are both so much fun, and have such amazing energy to be around! Wish we could it all again! Big hugs!
  • Holly
    Holly Married on 06/08/2019

Highly recommend! Amazing and friendly!

Colin and Misti are amazing!!! They were so organized and friendly. They were able to make up for lost photo time after my salon appointment went late. All of our photos are so beautiful, it's hard to pick a favorite. I highly recommend them.
    Nicole O. Married on 05/18/2019

Fantastic Photos

Misti & Colin are a dream photography pair! We had our wedding in Palos Verdes, CA and Misti and Colin were able to manage multiple photo locations without missing a step in the schedule. They made the family/bridal party photos super efficient so that we could still get all the photos we wanted and our family and friends could still enjoy the cocktail hour after. My husband and I are not really comfortable in front of a camera but Misti and Colin made things feel so natural and even fun! We got so many compliments on our photos and we couldn't be happier with the results.

Bohemia Photography's reply:

Oh my gosh, Nicole! You are so sweet! Thanks so much for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review- it's really appreciated! We enjoyed working with you guys and your whole group! What a fun day :) Big hugs and congrats to you guys!!
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 05/03/2019

Fun and exciting!

Misti and Colin were such amazing people to work with! Just watching their vision and way of working was incredible! They were so easy to get along with and instantly became part of the fun! They really went above and beyond to get the best photos possible! And just the few sneak peeks I received, I’m already in love!! Thank you guys for capturing our special day they way I envisioned it❤️

Bohemia Photography's reply:

Ashley! You are so, so sweet!! We had an awesome time with you guys and your whole group! Thanks so much for taking the time to write this... just with sneak peeks!! Hope to see you both again!! Be in touch with the rest soon. Hugs :)
  • Cydney
    Cydney Married on 11/23/2018

Phenomenal photographers, even better People!

I (we) don't even know where to start. I am a wedding planner and had a set vision for my wedding and vendors for months. In true groom fashion, my husband was against the thought of hours of photos and doing anything too posed or ridged. After getting engaged, we interviewed multiple photographers for our Tulum wedding before getting lucky enough to find Misti and Colin. From the moment I reached out, they went out of their way to Skype with me, respond to any and all questions and even recommend different vendors in Tulum. This was just leading up to the wedding. When wedding day arrived they were so fun, engaging and made sure that everything was perfect. We had so much fun with them. They engaged with the guests and family perfectly. Every time something fun/candid was happening we would turn around and they were there. Frankly I don't know how they did it all. The best part, one of the things my husband mentions over and over is how much he loved them and how thankful he is we worked with them. I would say that's a win! They are truly the best photographers and people. We are still swooning over their amazing photographs. Book them! You will NOT regret it!

Bohemia Photography's reply:

Cydney, thank you so much for writing all these sweet, kind words about us! What a nice surprise to see today :) You two are the absolute best and I hope we can see you again!!
    Thanks so much again for taking the time to write this, it means so much to us :) Hugs, hugs, hugs!
    Ryan Married on 07/03/2018
    Absolutely incredible photographers. They take their job to the next level in order to capture great shots. It was a huge relief to have such talent on our side during what can often be a stressful day. If you are looking for phenomenal photographers and awesome people who will make your wedding day that much more fun, memorable and stress-free, look no further than Colin and Misti!
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Married on 07/12/2017
    Colin and Misti look for the beauty in the moment and in the natural world around us. Their earthy, boho vibe is what drew us to their work and hiring them as our photographers for 3 days was truly one of the best decisions of our wedding. They are accommodating, flexible and communicative. They give direction well and make the time feel fun and relaxed- not cheesy or too posed. They are very responsive to all questions, ideas and concerns and have great advice to offer for destination weddings.

We were fortunate enough to meet them on Isla Mujeres when we were interviewing several vendors for our wedding. From our first chat over drinks, Colin and Misti felt more like friends than vendors. They are a great couple who work well together. When the actual photography moments arrived, they were warm, vibrant, and professional. All of our guests just loved them! We completely enjoyed all of the time we spent with them while we toured one of the most beautiful places on earth, Isla Mujeres.

Our additional sunset Trash the Dress photo shoot with them really helped us slow down and see the beauty surrounding our wedding. In the end, not only do we now have the most beautiful, tropical, creative photos to look back on (which arrived even sooner than expected!), but we feel we made two new friends!

They also have great photos on Instagram – you should see the great shots they have taken over time to get a feel for the uniqueness of their work. We could honestly rave about this company forever!

Colin and Misti - Thank you for all of your hard work, patience, and dedication! Thank you for making us look and feel like models!
    Samantha Married on 05/13/2017
    We used Bohemia Photography for our wedding in Mexico, and it was one of the best decisions we made! They are truly artists and our wedding photos are stunning; we never imagined how beautifully our wedding could be captured. Our wedding guests still talk about how impressed they were by Misti and Colin's work ethic and dedication. The couple was very helpful and easy to work with, and their prices were extremely reasonable compared to other photographers. Hire them! You will not be disappointed.
    Allyson Married on 04/21/2017
    Misti and Colin were GREAT! They photographed our wedding in Playa del Carmen, Mexico in April 2017. From the moment we contacted them for information, they were responsive and helpful. They even helped us find our DJ in the area who was also awesome! We felt like Misti and Colin were the best photographers in the Playa del Carmen area. Having two photographers there on the big day was so nice because they were each able to get pictures of really important details that might have been missed had it just been one photographer there. For instance, while everyone was dancing and Misti was getting our pictures on the dance floor, Colin went outside and arranged a beautiful photo opp among the lit-up palm trees at nighttime. He was able to then grab us to take a really amazing shot that we will cherish forever. When my husband and I were taking our couple pictures, they offered guidance with our posing and what would look best with the lighting. We also liked that they only did wedding photography and no other services like videography because it allowed them to really focus on making the pictures the best they could be. Planning a wedding in Mexico from the USA is a difficult process and it was made much easier with these two providing their insight along the way. We would recommend these two over and over again!
    Rachel Married on 07/24/2016
    Misty and Collin are AMAZING! They photographed our wedding back in July in Mexico. It was a very simple elopement. Misty was in constant contact from the very beginning. They are both very knowledgeable, professional and great at what they do! They edited each and every one of our photos and did so promptly. They knew exactly which poses to do in order to get the best results. I'm so glad that we made the decision to go with Bohemia Photography. If you're reading this trying to make the difficult decision of who to hire, please know that you will not make a mistake by choosing them. They have an eye for things that most photographers do not. All of the pictures turned out beautiful. They can make some of the most simple things into beautiful masterpieces. They pay attention to all the details and capture in a way that I've never seen done. Rest assured that you will not get just some generic pictures with them. Beware of some of the other photographers and photography companies in the area. Some are not actual photographers just people with equipment who take advantage of people having a destination wedding. Also, some of the other companies might have good photos on their website but keep in mind that they have tons of "photographers" working for them and you see just a few of the best pictures out of the thousands that were taken over the years. With bohemia photography you won't have to worry about that. You will know exactly who's taken your photos. Also, it is wonderful to have two great people who speak ENGLISH!! Thank you Misty and Collin for making out day so wonderful and giving us gorgeous photos to preserve the memory forever of our special day.
    Samantha Married on 05/28/2016
    Misti and Colin were so easy to work with. They were always quick to respond to all of our questions and really made an effort to get to know us. Our photos turned out so beautiful and we were so impressed with their creativeness and professionalism. We would definitely recommend them to anyone!
    Alyssa Married on 05/06/2016
    Misti and Colin are seriously AMAZING. The first time my husband and I met them we instantly clicked with their personalities. They are both super nice and down to earth, while also being so much fun to work with! Misti took the time to work with me on my entire wedding day itinerary until we got it perfect, and Colin made sure that the guys were having fun during the groom getting ready photos. The entire wedding day went so smoothly and I attribute that to the wonderfully organized photographers we had. When we received our photos we were blown away! Misti and Colin did such an amazing job! We could not have asked for better people to photograph our wedding and our pictures exceeded all expectations. I recommend Misti and Colin to anyone looking for out of this world photography :).
    Kaycee Married on 04/29/2016
    If you're looking for the best photographers no need to look further! :) Honestly, this couple made our wedding day so perfect. The photos that they took were amazing! Not only did they take amazing photos, they were so pleasant to work with. Misti and Colin arrived ahead of schedule and worked so hard to take the most perfect shots during our wedding. They had such cool and new ideas for all of our wedding party pictures. I would recommend this couple to anyone! If they lived closer we would use them for all of our photograph needs! :)
  • ania
    Ania Married on 04/28/2016
    There are not enough words to describe how awesome Misti & Colin are! They are the coolest power couple photography team! Easy to communicate with through email and extremely flexible with timelines & adjustments! They will even show you examples of poses to do for pictures A+++ that was amazing! They would pull wild cool moves to get the best shots like laying on the dance floor. My smaller wedding group is a bunch of party animals and they made sure to capture all our moments! Beyond their fantastic professionalism they are sweet people, who work well together. They make you feel extremely comfortable and have great energy. We feel very lucky to have found them and have them be there to capture the best day of our lives! Honestly there are not enough words to describe how fantastic they are! There cool website is what drew me and I am happy it did, it was the best decision ever!
    Laura Married on 02/02/2016
    WOW is all that can be said about our experience with Bohemia Photography! Pictures were probably the most important thing to me when it came to my wedding day so I did a lot of research. Then I stumbled upon bohemia and after some e-mailing I knew I was in the right hands. As the day drew closer that was just reaffirmed when not only did they keep in touch but sent a packing check list just incase I needed one. When the day came the second I met both Misti and Collin I felt completely at ease. They are hands down some of the nicest people you will ever meet. They made us laugh and feel comfortable when they modeled the poses for us prior to taking the shots. They seemed to be everywhere and got every little detail. We were also very pleasantly surprised at how fast we received our gorgeous images, as many of my friends had waited up to 6 months to receive their's. I cannot say enough good things about this company or these 2 individuals. Seriously book them! You won't regret it!.
    Angie Married on 10/11/2015
    Spectacular, outstanding, magnificent, phenomenal, stupendous, incredible.....ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! I can not put into words how talented these two are on top of being just great people.

My husband and I got married in Playa at the Mahekal Beach Resort at a sunset ceremony. Our day was perfect but rainy. We had hired a different photographer and our "couple session" after our ceremony was rushed and only shoots taken were posed ones on the beach. Not what we were looking for. I was so upset. Knowing we would be in Playa Del Carmen a few days more I wanted to take more candid shots around town. Our original photographer, who was rude to me, my husband and our family during our first session, said he would do it for a pretty high costs- I thought anyway. So to Google I went. After reading all the 5 star reviews and seeing Bohemia's photo gallery I just knew they were the photographer for us. (Where were they when I was first looking - no clue.) I sent an email to them (giving them a 24 hour notice to when I wanted pics taken) and within an hour of sending my "help I'm in a panic and need new pics taken tomorrow" email Misty had emailed me back and we had a time set up for the next day and she had several locations by our hotel that we could shoot at that would give us the look and feel of the photos we desired. When rain was likely the day of they were super accommodating to move our shoot up an hour all while getting a rental car so we wouldn't have to walk in the rain. (Who does that?!) We ended up shooting at so many amazing locations and went 2 hours over our time/agreement and they just went with it to get the shot. They even bought us a beer when the rain started to pass the time. Also, they didn't charge us for the overage!

If you are reading this and are looking for a photographer for your special day- hire them now! I promise you will not regret it. I only wish I found them for our ceremony and reception.
    Stephanie Married on 11/22/2016
    Misti and Colin were our dream team come true as far as photographers go! They were so personable, professional, and easy to have around! I had no idea what I was doing, or an itinerary, ect. but that wasn't a problem because they took the extra care and time to make sure they got all of the special momens (ones I didn't even think of!), set a general itinerary for me and overall took great care! Aside from being great people they definitely have an artistic eye which captured our day, personalities, and family and friends perfectly. Thank you, thank you, thank you Misti and Colin!