Beauty and the Beard Reviews

7 | Jersey City, NJ

7 Reviews for Beauty and the Beard

Stacy · Married on 11/11/2017

Vanessa and her team were fabulous to work with! Actually found her on a whim, via a recommendation from a staff member at the hotel where we'd reserved our wedding room block. Our wedding was in Passaic, NJ on November 11, 2017. My mom and I went for a hair and makeup trial over the summer at Vanessa's Hasbrouck Heights studio, and she was waiting with champagne and treats. So sweet! I'm not an everyday makeup wearer, and she worked with me to create a low-key glamorous look that made me feel special, but still feel comfortable and look like myself. As an extra special bonus, Vanessa even came to the hotel on the evening of our rehearsal dinner to provide a complimentary hair blowout.

On our big day, Vanessa and her team provided hair and makeup services for myself, my and my husband's mothers, our four bridesmaids, and our flower girl. Most of our bridesmaids aren't everyday makeup wearers either, and everyone felt heard and comfortable, and looked lovely. She and her colleagues were very patient with our 4-year-old flower girl, and even helped to keep her entertained during downtime.

I would highly recommend working with Vanessa and the Beauty and the Beard team, and would definitely do business with them again!

Sent on 01/30/2018

Julie · Married on 09/16/2017

I am so happy that I chose Beauty and the Beard for my wedding. Vanessa and her assistant made me and my bridal party look amazing, and our hairstyles looked great all day. I didn't have a hair trial, but I showed Vanessa a picture of what I wanted ahead of time, and told her that I still wanted to look natural. She nailed it. That was the best my hair ever looked! My bridesmaids all wanted different hairstyles and she was able to make them look flawless. Very fast, friendly, and worth every penny.

Sent on 01/29/2018

Jenna · Married on 11/04/2016

I cannot say enough amazing things about Vanessa! After seeing how beautiful a friend from town and her bridal party looked on her wedding day, I was quick to ask who did her hair and makeup. She highly recommended Vanessa and Beauty and the Beard and I couldn't be happier that she was available to do my wedding! Vanessa helped to make my bridal party look that much more beautiful on my wedding day. Every girl was thrilled with the way they looked! From up-dos, to braids, to curls and volume, she does it all!! Everyone looked so glamorous but natural at the same time. She is also such a professional. She was so easy to work with and has a bubbly, fun, and down to earth personality! She's someone you would want to be friends with! If you're looking for someone talented, affordable and fun, Vanessa and Beauty and the Beard are the way to go!

Sent on 02/20/2017

Shannon · Married on 10/07/2016

Vanessa and Kristy were amazing! They were on time, professional, and really accommodating and helpful after I struggled to find a makeup and hair team that could do what I wanted. I was complimented all day about how I "still looked like me" and how awesome my hair and make up looked. Vanessa went as far as to "bet" my mom she would love her makeup (she was super nervous about it and was going to do it herself) and if she didn't it would be free. ( My mom loved it and was happy to pay!) They were really sweet and added to the best day for me and my family.

Sent on 02/13/2017

Christine · Married on 06/24/2016

Vanessa is the absolute best! She was recommended by two of my coworkers after I told them I had wasted $250 with a different MUA in Long Island near my home. I wish I had met Vanessa before that loss, but glad I eventually did! I actually left my previous trials with the other MUA in tears because I didn't recognize myself in the mirror. With Vanessa, I showed her photos of hair and makeup and told her I wanted to look very natural (since I normally don't wear makeup and didn't want to scare my husband). She got it spot on and it was better than I could've imagined. I looked like myself, but a better, photoshopped version. I never felt so beautiful... and this was only at my trial with Vanessa! My wedding day makeup was even better. Another point, I'm asian and so were my bridesmaids and it requires a different set of skills to do our makeup because of skin tone and the shape of our eyelids. Well, lets just say my bridesmaids, who live in California have already sworn to book Vanessa for their weddings... and they aren't even engaged!
    Vanessa is super talented, easy-going, and very kind. I wish I had more special events to attend just so I could get my makeup done by her again! My wedding photos reflect the wonderful job she did and I am still receiving compliments for my hair and makeup 6 months after the wedding. I recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 01/01/2017

Nicole · Married on 10/10/2015

Vanessa did myself and wedding party's make up while Kristy did all hair, they both did an AMAZING job. Makeup was so on point, we all looked polish but not over done- it was exactly what I wanted!
    They are priced competitively and will also do a trial for hair and makeup at your home.
    Thank you both, you were fantastic!
    xx,
    Nicole

Sent on 04/06/2016

Kate · Married on 09/25/2015

I can't express enough my love for Vanessa and the Beauty and the Beard team.

Vanessa was the makeup artist for my September wedding. From the moment we met for my trial, Vanessa made me feel at ease; she listened, made great recommendations for bridal looks, was flexible, patient (because sometimes brides can be tough), and delivered an amazing end result. It was important to me that the look was: 1. natural, 2. elegant, and 3. complimentary of my features. Vanessa hit the mark on all three.

If you want to look and feel your best on your special day, I highly suggest booking Beauty and the Beard!

Sent on 03/09/2016