A Savory Affair Cuisine and Catering Reviews

102 | Mesa, AZ

102 Reviews for A Savory Affair Cuisine and Catering

Suzanne · Married on 05/13/2017

We loved Chef Tim and his staff so much, we had them cater our rehearsal dinner as well as the wedding! Both dinners were exceptional. Tim is an amazing and creative chef. From the tastings to the dinners...there is nothing he made that was not outstanding!

Sent on 05/30/2014

Choosing A Savory Affair (and Chef Tim) as the caterer for our wedding was, by FAR, the best choice we made for several reasons. Everyone remembers the best part and worst part of every wedding, and the food at our wedding is the biggest thing our guests continue to rave about (even 9 months later). Numerous people asked for referrals. And I agree -- out of all the weddings (and I mean a LOT of weddings) we've been to, our catering was by far the most delicious. Here are some other important highlights that made Chef Tim and ASA the perfect fit:
    1) Chef Tim is insanely easy to work with and he's responsive. Not only that, he's friendly and hilarious (we also love his wife!). He responds to texts and emails quickly - just keep in mind that he can't field responses while he's at events. We knew the minute we sat down to "interview" Chef Tim that he was the perfect fit. We knew we could trust him and he'd pull through. And he did. 2) ASA and Chef Tim are flexible. We made some changes to the package that we picked, and he had absolutely no problem with that. Also, our initial venue fell through just a few months before our wedding and we had to move our special day to a big backyard. Chef Tim quickly accommodated, even though it was in a different city. He met us at the house and helped plan where buffet tables and prep areas would be placed. 3) His staff is fantastic. They were prompt, kind, and professional. They set up and broke down quickly, and the table settings were perfect. Because our wedding was at a house, Chef Tim and his staff had free rein to use the kitchen and they respected the dignity and sanctity of the home. They're 100% trustworthy. 4) We tested/interviewed 8 catering companies, and ASA waby far the greatest value. His food is WORLDS above other catering companies at the best price. We love, love, love ASA. You'll be greatly missing out if you go with a different vendor. And we're lucky we found him.

Sent on 01/08/2016

Britany · Married on 02/28/2015

Our food was amazing at our wedding. The staff that helped at our wedding was so friendly and I loved how we were taking photos and they had a someone bring us the bride and groom some snacks . That was so thoughtful . All of our guests loved the food thank you so much again for helping make our day the best.

Sent on 03/18/2015

Cory · Married on 02/27/2015

All night the guests kept commenting on how great the food was! What's funny is one of our relatives was just saying how she doesn't really like wedding food so to hear her satisfaction with the meal was awesome. Good food makes for happy guests which makes the evening a whole lot more fun. The chef helped us choose the best combinations of food and really delivered on the quality. The service was fast, smiling, courteous.,.. I can't say enough good things about them, all of them.

Sent on 02/28/2015

Erin · Married on 02/21/2015

Delicious! Everybody loved it. Able to accommodate all of our different dietary restrictions. Did I mention it was delicious?

Sent on 03/08/2015

Christina · Married on 10/26/2014

OMG!!! What to say about Savory Affair Cuisine...in a few words...OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! Savory Affair Cuisine was our caterer for our wedding. The food was just perfection! All of our guests are still talking about how amazing the food was, how they never have had such delicious food at a wedding before. Like them I've been to quite a few weddings in my lifetime, and the food was usually just ok..nothing to write home about...nothing to stand out in ones mind..just ok..it was food and it was edible...UNTIL...Savory Affair Cuisine!!! The food served at our wedding WAS SOMETHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT! DID STAND OUT!! AND OOOHHHH SOOOOO EDIBLE!!! I saw quite a few guests go up for seconds, and may be even thirds. Timothy was a sheer pleasure to deal with, very patient with this nervous bride! He was very responsive to my million questions and tweaks. Savory Affair Cuisine definitely stands out among the rest!! Anyone wold be silly and lose out if they did not hire Savory Affair to cater their next social event!!!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Arica · Married on 10/19/2014

Our food was outstanding and our guests raved about it! Our menu for the big day was what was prepared for us during our tasting. Chef Timothy is creative and talented. I would HIGHLY recommend this caterer to anyone.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Paula · Married on 10/04/2014

The plated dinner was amazing. We did a tasting with Chef Tim and chose the plate he served us...it was that good! He was very professional and flexible at the same time.. He made sure the bride and groom were served and that all was running smoothly. We had close to 150 guests and it was great to see everyone served in a timely manner without long waiting times between courses.

Sent on 10/16/2014

Karen · Married on 06/14/2014

A Savory Affair and Chef Timothy were awesome! It was great to be able to taste some of their food during our first meeting. The final product on the day was delicious. Everyone was saying how much they enjoyed the food! Plenty went back for seconds! Overall, super yummy food from a great company.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Christine · Married on 05/17/2014

A Savory Affair served our food for our wedding at Regency Garden. We originally wanted to do plated meals, which is more traditional, but decided to cut a little cost and do the buffet style dining. I have to tell you, it was the best idea ever.The food was hot and delicious for everyone. In addition, It was great because everyone ate and we were able to start games and dancing sooner. I was extremely impressed with their quality and overall class. They were amazing!

Sent on 10/04/2014

Amber · Married on 04/19/2014

Chef Tim was amazing. We told him some ideas of what we wanted for food and took everything to the next level. So many people said our food was the best they ever had at a wedding. Chef Tim was also able to make changes for us during the wedding to accommodate my very pregnant and picky sister so she could also enjoy her meal. Most importantly, he was fun and such a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 05/09/2014
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 04/10/2014

Chef Tim was great! The food was delicious and the wedding was perfect! I am more than happy with the outcome!

Sent on 04/14/2014

Jenn · Married on 03/29/2014

The food was terrific and Chef Tim was a pleasure to work with. We had filet mignon and pork medallions which everyone raved about. Guests are very picky about food at weddings and all of ours were happy with the food and the beautiful presentation.

Sent on 04/01/2014

Susan · Married on 03/14/2014

We booked through Regency Garden, we were lucky enough to have Chef Tim and the Savory Affair team with us! The tasting was absolutely delicious, so we knew our wedding menu would be just as fabulous. Looking online and picking favorites beforehand really helped at the tasting. The buffet was so amazing, not like the traditional "wedding food" people dread. We had so many guests go back for seconds because they couldn't get enough. Thank you A Savory Affair!!

Sent on 03/30/2014

Jennie · Married on 02/08/2014

The food at my wedding was, without a doubt, the best meal I've ever had. And I hadn't had anything to drink, this was a sober assessment. My husband now compares all food to the chicken cordon bleu, which was amazing. My only regret was that I wasn't wearing sweatpants so I couldn't gorge myself sufficiently. 100% recommend.

Sent on 02/22/2014

Emily · Married on 11/21/2013

When Chef Tim tells you, "if you can dream it, I will do it", he means it 100%. He was able to give us what we wanted and tweaked it just enough to keep it in our price range. He was attentive to all of our dietary needs- gluten free, corn free, and a variety of other food allergies- and carried it through the entire meal so that my new husband and I weren't restricted fro what we could enjot. The food was absolutely delicious and Chef Tim was professional, but kept a sense of humor. He truly enjoys what he does and you can see it in the quality of his product.

Sent on 12/12/2013

We had nothing but compliments the day of our wedding. In fact many guests helped themselves to a second serving because they all liked it so much! Chef Tim is quirky and fun to work with. He is very accommodating and doesn't nickel and dime you.

Sent on 01/03/2014

Kendall · Married on 10/19/2013

I highly recommend a savory affair for any catering services! The owner Chef Tim is awesome and has such a fun personality. He really knows how to put foods together so it brings out the best flavor and also looks pretty! Everyone says that no one remembers the food at your wedding...well they do if it's good! I keep getting compliments on the food even to this day!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Alicia · Married on 10/19/2013

The food is amazing! Everyone is still talking about it.

Sent on 11/07/2013

Kristy · Married on 10/12/2013

We had our catering as part of the package with Regency Garden wedding venue in Mesa. When we attended the tasting with Chef Timothy, our parents went with us. He gave us a tasting we would never forget. The food was delicious and was an entire meal. The choice selection is hard as all of the food is unbelievable. It was such an easy process after we picked the food selections. Chef Timothy did the rest. He was easy to communicate with thru email or telephone. The guests at our wedding said it was the best food they had ever eaten. All of their plates were clean. Chef Timothy always takes care of the kids first to make sure they are taken care of. We would highly recommend A Savory Affair if you want an amazing experience for your guests. The outdoor buffet in the garden at Regency Garden was a gorgeous setup and all of his staff are very friendly. Thanks Chef Timothy for a an amazing wedding reception.

Sent on 10/20/2013

Emily · Married on 09/07/2013

Yummy! I loved the food that was catered at my wedding! We had a meeting with Chef Tim to go over the menu, and he was very flexible and knowledgeable. I was amazed with some of the dishes that were offered, but we stuck to tried and true Steak Dinner. Just a warning though, he said he likes Maple Syrup. I don't care for that type of ingredient in our dinner dishes, so I kindly declined. Regardless, everything was delicious. We booked Chef Tim catering through our wedding venue, Shenandoah Mill in Gilbert and it was flawless. I didn't have to worry about when he arrived, or how much food was needed. All he needed to know was guest count, and what butters we wanted. You MUST get the cinnamon butter. Ask for it specifically. So yummy! Thank you again Chef Tim!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Jennifer · Married on 09/06/2013

Food was excellent! The chef served both myself and my husband. I thought that was a nice touch. They made sure there was plenty of food for bride and groom and all the guests. The rosemary potatoes were a crowd favorite. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/28/2013
  • SophieJones415

Sophie · Married on 06/22/2013

Chef Tim was wonderful beyond words and a very energetic person. I am a vegetarian and so were some of my guests. Chef Tim was so accommodating to this and made wonderful food. We got many complements on how good the food was! Everything was perfect with the food thanks to him and his staff. Chef Tim was included as part of the package with Regency Garden in Mesa and we had a perfect wedding day.

Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/23/2013

Lindsey · Married on 06/15/2013

Chef Tim far exceeded our expectations for our reception food. He worked very closely with us as we are both pretty picky eaters and we were able to come up with the most delicious meal we could have asked for. To top it all off, him and his team were so professional and totally blew us away with his customer service. He would be a great choice for your catering needs.

Sent on 06/18/2013
  • Kayce

Kayce · Married on 03/22/2013

The food was excellent! We went with a fettucini and chicken with poblano sauce as our two main dishes. I received so many compliments on how good the food tasted, especially how moist and flavorful the chicken was. I'm not a huge chicken fan and even I loved every last bite of it! The tasting wasn't what I was expecting, as they bring out a prepared plate of several items. I guess I was expecting a little taste of multiple items, but this actually worked out best because I never would have picked out the poblano sauce if they hadn't just brought it out. And that might have been the best part about the meal!! They brought my husband and I prepared plates the day of the wedding (we were at Regency Garden) so that we didn't get caught talking to people in the buffet line and could be done eating first so as to have more time to visit later. It worked out perfectly!!

Sent on 03/26/2013